setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Official Business - Page 2

[Private] Official Business

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Official Business

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Not pleasant? Yeah, being a cop I'm pretty sure there's way more fucking unpleasant shit you have to deal with than just door-to-door crap. Not that I was sympathetic or anything, but I'd seen enough fucked up shit to kinda get how much her job must suck sometimes. Especially for a human who didn't have the benefit of knowing there was way more fucked up shit out there than just psychopaths with crazy MO's. One of the other officers should do it anyway, you're probably one of the few that doesn't actually need the exercise.

I laughed at her joke. Well not laughed exactly, since my mouth stayed closed and it was really more of a huff of amusement or some shit. Complimentary cookies, that wasn't half bad. Yeah, plus it really ain't cookies that cops are associated with. Seriously, if you were gonna talk about food and cops in the same sentence then there was only one thing that anyone would fucking jump to.

Shit, I had no idea what I was even doing. I hadn't thought far past just inviting her the hell in. Like, what the fuck was I going to say to this chick. Or rather... how much? I mean, shit okay I could admit I felt bad for using what I'd picked up from her against her. Usually I wouldn't fucking care so much but then she comes around, obviously having spent the whole fucking day going around with pictures of the same guy... fuck it I wasn't made of fucking stone no matter how much I'd prefer that being the case. Anyone would feel kinda guilty about that shit.

When she'd walked in I closed the door behind her, watching with her with a frown until she headed to the kitchen. I followed, heading straight for the fridge and pulling out a couple of beers. You want one, or are you still 'on duty' or some shit? I asked with a shrug, using my teeth to open mine and taking a swig. I watched as she spread out the photo on my table, my frown deepening as I tried to figure out how the fuck to handle this. Yeah, I recognize one of them. I let out a groan and pulled out one of the kitchen chairs, already feeling like I was gonna end up with a fucking headache from this. I reached out and tapped the photo of the guy. Sam. This guy, I saw him in a bar a few months back. I was working security, really finished my shift. He was edgy, seemed paranoid as fuck. When I finished I went in too to get a drink. I shrugged to cover the fact I was sure how fucking much to say about. I think he thought someone had fucking sent me after him or some shit. This didn't feel right. My skin crawled from the fact that I knew so much more than I was letting on. Fucking hell.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:37 am

Quote Begin Unfortunately, yes, but there are more pleasant or engaging things too. They are more rare, hidden among the idiots causing trouble, but they make it worth it.. especially if you close a case.Quote End In a place like Index, the most common crime were traffic incidents, drunken disorderlies, thefts, vandalism, and complaints and the problems that ensued from them, usually to do with petty neighborly feuds. Murders had been relatively few and far between up until this recent surge in cases, and I couldn't understand the attitude of the other officers. Most cops would jump at the chance for a case they like this they could sink their teeth into and maybe even make a career out of, whereas at Index the majority just couldn't be bothered to put the legwork in to reap the results, never mind about actually apprehending the killer. It was part of the reason what I'd been doing that evening was technically in my own time, because the department apparently had a shortage on overtime and they didn't see the task important enough to sign off on. Those who may have actually helped had been put off by that - some of the officers had family to feed and didn't have the spare hours that I was willing to sink into the case. While it annoyed me, I could understand too. None of them had the personal interest in this particular case as I did, not that any of them knew that... Quote Begin I'll take that as a compliment!Quote End I said, an edge of laughter to my voice. My eyes shone with mirth and the shared opinion, even if I wasn't going to gossip about my co-workers appearances to a member of the public the thoughts still flashed through my mind. Never mind exercise, there were some cops at the station who'd probably be tired out from canvassing a street. I didn't know how some of them even passed the physical.. except, I could hazard a guess, knowing the internal politics of the Index force. Quote Begin Though it's probably down to the fact I don't like doughnuts that cops are famous for, whereas others, well...Quote End I broke off,smiling slightly but preparing myself to get down to business.

I glanced to the beer, thinking possibilities in my head before quickly nodding. I was sure that sharing a beer might help the situation, make Peyton feel more comfortable and perhaps more talkative. Quote Begin Technically, no. A bottle opener would be handy for me though. Quote End I said with a smile, reminded of the way my Papa did the same thing. Somansh had too when we were younger, until Papa broke a tooth, and while it didn't stop him, Sam, with his vanity, never did it again. It was strange to think how far our lives had come from then.

My smile dropped from my face when Peyton tapped the photo - Sam's photo. A twist of fear and hope clawed it's way into my stomach, but my expression just switched to a calm professionalize. There was no way I was going to potentially let my emotions get in the way of information that could lead to him.

As Peyton had done earlier, I pulled out one of the chairs and joined her at the table. Not only did I not want to question her while standing, but it gave me the time to try and clear my head, deciding which avenue of questioning I'd take. I decided that first things first, I needed to establish the basic facts.

I slipped a small, spiral-bound notepad out of my pocket, holding it in a palm and poising my pen above the paper. The click of my mechanical pen felt loud in the room. Quote Begin I don't doubt you, but the photo isn't the best quality... so are you sure it was this man you saw?Quote End There was no point in getting excited if it wasn't Sam she'd actually seen, or in wasting my time questioning further. It was unlikely because his appearance, and definitely his demeanor, tended to be distinctive, but there were still people who thought that one Indian man was indistinguishable from another.

With that question out of the way I could start to pick apart the rest of what Peyton had revealed so far. Quote Begin So you saw him a few months back, at which bar? Do you remember which month, maybe have a date - a copy of your schedule for when you worked there or any way of pinpointing which day it was?Quote End That was important. If the bar had CCTV then it might be possible to get a clearer image of Sam, or of anyone else he might have spoken to that night, or even something more. It was a lead, if nothing else. Knowing Sam, too, if he'd been feeling paranoid then there must have been a reason.

That was my next direction. I tapped my pen lightly on my notepad. Quote Begin What was it that made him seem paranoid?Quote End I asked, watching Peyton intently. It was a reach to go from seeing edgy, paranoid behavior to assuming someone thought you'd been sent after them, and I got the feeling there was a middle part that Peyton hadn't filled in yet.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:47 am

Eh, I guess I get that. I mean personally I don't see being a cop as an appealing job prospect or anything, but shit, I guess there's gotta be some perks to it. Honestly I've never thought about the possible satisfaction you'd get, but I can understand it. I shrugged, figuring it had to be kind of like the rush I got whenever I sold a piece. I mean, I didn't use art as my main income because I was a pretentious ass, but you'd be amazed at what people were fucking willing to pay for things they liked. I'd made enough to my myself some cool shit and save up for a new car. My dream car and all that crap. I broke off my train of thought, attention snapping back to Khan. Huh, compliment? I asked, distractedly, trying to remember what I'd even said. Oh, right. Because I said you weren't fat? Hey, take it as a compliment if you want but it's just common sense, like you obviously keep yourself in good shape. Fuck it, anyone could tell you that. But I guessed it was kinda complimentary, seeing as I had a certain amount of respect for people who kept themselves fit.

Fuck, even I liked doughnuts. Not as much as I liked things like steak and basically anything else from the obviously superior food group of 'meat'. I ate healthy stuff like vegetables and usually stuck to protein bars instead of junk food, but everyone was entitled to a cheat day as far as I was fucking concerned, and my cheat days were of epic proportion. Holy shit, I'm surprised liking doughnuts is a fucking job requirement or something. I bet your like the black sheep of the force or something, just for not liking them. Not that she fit into the stereotypical idea of a cop anyway. But still, what was her problem with doughnuts? Was it like part of her culture or some other shit? At least she didn't have some weird ass problem with beer anyway. I grabbed a bottle opener from the rack and handed it to her before I sat down. Guess you would've had some hygiene issue with me just opening it the same I opened mine, huh? I shrugged, but really I was a little impressed she hadn't squealed like a bitch when I'd opened mine. I'd seen too many chicks freak out over that kinda thing. Idiots.

My brow arched at her question, making me look up from the photo to her. Yeah, I'm sure. I notice a lot of detail about someone in a short space of the time. This guy has the same shoulder width and same shaped chest. You can tell through the clothes. Tilt and shape of the jaw too, even with the blurry as fuck picture. Posture looks seriously similar too. I straightened in my chair, pulling back from leaning over the picture since I was done analyzing it. What the fuck else could I say anyway? I knew it was the guy she was looking for because I'd seen his face clearly in her thoughts? Yeah, because that would go down so fucking well. I was working at Bennigan's, sometime in October a few days before Halloween. I shrugged, not exactly sure of times or shit like that. Not like I'd have known I should remember that shit for future. I've probably got the payslip for it somewhere, usually save the overtime ones. I frowned at her next question, once again the fact that I was telepathic was making shit awkward as hell to try and explain. Fuck at this point it would be easier to just come out with it, but obviously I couldn't just fucking do that. I'd be Warlord next month, but until then it was better to not do stupid shit. Uh, he bumped into me, dropped his wallet and then kinda started acting weird as fuck when I handed it to him, immediately defensive... I trailed off, eyes narrowing as I realized why. Shit I'd just been guessing he had some memory problems, but now I was fucking sure he was 100% a wolf with no knowledge of being one. And he'd just been reacting to the scent of another wolf without having any fucking idea why. I'm uh, good at reading people. Making educated guesses and shit. Tried to give him some advice about maybe not glaring at the security of a bar he's going into, he got defensive and fuck, I don't exactly remember what happened. I didn't talk to be for long.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:32 pm

I let a wry smile slip onto my face. A job within the police wasn't exactly appealing to most people, even without the shitstorm and bad representation in the media recently. Quote Begin Not many people see it as appealing... but then not many people see hard work as appealing, and you definitely need to put a lot of effort in to get anywhere as a cop.Quote End Even those who were favored due to social politics, privilege or bribes technically had to at least be seen to put effort in, but anyone who started from the bottom and thought it was easy or that simple to get to the top wouldn't last long in the profession. Even with hard work, it wasn't easy. Quote BeginThat's true, anyone could.Quote End I smiled but said nothing more. Just because people could say something didn't mean they would, but I wasn't going to let Peyton turn it into an argument - which I was sure she would if I persisted.

Quote Begin Not just, but I doubted it helped any.Quote End I said, with a small shrug. There were probably long lists of things the other cops found annoying about me, my determination to actually work most likely right at the top of all of them. Quote Begin Not really, I'm used to it. I'd be more worried for your teeth.Quote End

I had that same conflicted feeling when Peyton confirmed it was Sam she'd seen, dread and hope continuously battling it out. I carefully wrote down a few notes. Bennigans, before Halloween.. Quote Begin Okay, that's a pretty decisive ID. And don't worry about it right now, but it would be helpful if you can find the payslip.Quote End Her description of Sam's behavior was odd though. It didn't sound like the Sam I'd known, but Peyton seemed sure it was him that she'd seen. But then I had no idea what Sam was involved in, not having contact with him for months, or even if Peyton was somehow involved. I didn't know her so a background check would be next in line when I got back to the station. Quote Begin Did he give you a name, or say anything about why he was in Index, or for how long? Anything that might help us locate him.Quote End I looked patiently at Peyton, nodding encouragingly at her. Odds were that she was only an innocent member of the public who'd seen Sam, but I wanted to get as much information out of her as possible. To do that I had to try and remain calm.. even with the dozens of questions swimming through my head.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:53 am

Hard work isn't something I'd have a problem with. I've been working of self-discipline since I was a kid, I'd more than be able to handle hard work. Fuck, it's the responsibility aspect really. Which was ridiculously fucking ironic considering the role I was preparing to step into. Or maybe it was just the idea of adding even more goddamn responsibilities on to what I was taking on that made me really dislike the idea of working as a cop. Looking after wolves and humans sounded like a major pain in the ass. I frowned at her, wondering what the fuck she even meant by basically repeating what I'd said with emphasis. Uh... right. No seriously, I didn't have the damned patience to try and decipher what she was thinking and I sure as fuck wasn't interested in getting in her head to find out.

Yeah, I guess you being a chick is something they focus on more when it comes to where they want to direct their shitty attitude? Sucks man.I grimaced and shrugged, vaguely remembering what she'd ranted about back around Christmas. She probably had to put up with some shitty remarks too, especially when you considered that there were wolves on the force and they were sexist cunts. Then I had to laugh, because the fact that she was worried about my teeth was kinda funny. I was almost sure that when I'd been turned they'd become some of the stronger bones in my body. There's really no need, but whatever. There's the bottle opener, drink up. It was awkward with her just holding the bottle like that.

You didn't need to read minds to see that this shit was getting to her. Like fucking kudos to her for the great composure, but I could still see the other shit beneath it. Hey, you're a cop so you know that security-related job need you to be pretty goddamn decisive, right? You always gotta notice the small shit and commit it to memory. Then again I kinda had an advatage over most human security when it came to that. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's in a folder somewhere, either upstairs in my room or the studio. Fuck, I was half tempted to run off now and look for it seeing as how I still wasn't sure how the hell I should talk to her or why I even bothered myself with the question. Uh... no I'm pretty sure he didn't give me he name. Or tell me anything really. Not out loud anyway. Fuck it, I'd why didn't I just tell her the stuff I'd read from him and say he'd said it. One thing definitely stood out. There was one thing, like something about 'McNeil's killer' and his associates or something. I figured he was just muttering to himself about a case. Shit, I hadn't said anything about know he was a cop too. I mean, shit, I think he mentioned being a detective before that? I stopped, taking another swig from the bottle and taking at sec to replay what I remembered, realizing I'd given her anything useful already. That's all I know. Well, all I knew that she was going to find out about. Some fucking shit wasn't for a humans' ears after all.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics