setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Official Business

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 am

Thread Details

Peyton Marx's House | Warm, breezy | Early Evening

OOC Message

The evening was unusually warm, dying sunlight filtering through hedgerows and trees and playing across my face. There was a faint breeze too, and it blew at the edges of paper as I tucked them back into the folder. I put it back into the top of my purse and smiled my best professional smile.

Quote Begin ..thank you for your time.Quote End I tipped my head forward at the householder and turned, hearing their door click shut as I walked off the porch steps, trying to keep my footsteps light even though my determination was weakening. I continued out to the sidewalk and paused, my fingers brushing along the folder poking out the top of my purse.

I'd been canvassing the neighborhoods for weeks, desperate and determined to find any information regarding Sam, or the other man from the CCTV footage, but my patience was wearing thin. Nobody I'd spoken to so far had known either of the 'suspects', and there'd only been one sighting by a man who thought he might have seen the un-named man before in Walmart. I'd turned up nothing of any value even though I was out most evenings, hunting for someone who had even the smallest piece of information. To make it worse, there had shockingly been the discovery of a body in Cedar grove that day, making the third found in the past few months with the same wounds and 'signature', but there was no evidence on that case either and we were nowhere near catching the person who was committing the crimes, or stopping them committing another.

I rearranged the folder and sighed. I was tired, aching and longing for a relaxing bath after spending my day coping with the idiots at work, but I glanced up the street and sighed to myself, mustering up a last surge of energy. I might as well finish the few houses left on the street before returning home. Every house I tried was one step closer to finding the house that held the person who knew something...

I continued into the next front yard, picking my way towards the porch and taking in the house as I walked. There had obviously been some effort to tidy the front yard, but the shrubs needed a good pruning and a pile of leaves that had been raked up had just been left on the path. I stepped over the mulchy mess, my shoes clicking up the path and then up the wooden steps, and I reached out to press the doorbell. I couldn't hear it ring, so I rapped my knuckled against the door too. Satisfied the owner of the house had to have heard me, I took a step back and withdrew the folder from my purse, tapping my foot against the decking as I waited.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Official Business

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:54 am

OOC Message

For February today had actually been pretty warm, so there was no way I'd been about to spend it inside. Like, who the fuck knew when it'd be this nice out again? Tomorrow it could be raining or we could get even more snow. Fucking snow man, that shit got old fast. I didn't get why everyone got so goddamn hyped about it. Oh everything's fucking white, cold and damp. How 'fun'. You never found me complaining when the goddamn shit finally melted. So I'd gone out and spent the day sketching, trying to get rid of the restless feeling I was getting all too fucking used to.

Now I was back in my studio, sketches spread out on the large table. The studio itself was pretty fucking big and took up most of the back half of the house. It'd belonged to some eccentric sculpture who had died in some welding accident in this very room. Apparently that and the fact that he'd taken space from the other ground floor rooms meant people weren't too keen on buying he place. Their fucking loss because it meant I'd gotten it for a crazy good price. Sure, I'd probably be paying off the mortgage for like the next ten years, but damn if I was stuck living anywhere for that long it might as well be here.

I bit my lip, trying to sort through the shitload of ideas that looking at the sketches were giving me. I already knew I wanted to paint something from them, it was just a matter of what. I never just copied the sketches, they were just like a fucking springboard for the main idea. Fuel for the fire or whatever that saying was. But I nearly had it, the idea was just at the edge of my mind-

So of fucking course it was at that point that the doorbell rang. Followed by someone knocking. The door to the studio was closed and I had music playing relatively low, but still if it weren't for my heightened hearing I probably wouldn't have even fucking heard the damn thing. Which I really wished I hadn't. I growled and pushed away from the table, tucking he pencil I'd been holding behind my ear and heading out of the room. When I got to the hall I paused, already able to see who it was through the glass of the front door. Oh... shit. I muttered under my breath, just totally surprised. Of all people I might have expected she didn't even show up on the fucking list. Was she here to bitch about my 'behavior', like I fucking needed that right now. I groaned and started walking again, yanking open the front door and looking down and the short chick who stood on my porch. 

What the fuck did I even say? There was a feeling of discomfort coiling in the pit of my stomach as I remembered the last time I'd seen her. A feeling I wasn't used to that mad me irrationally annoyed. Well, Detective Khan, right? What are you doing here? Why the fuck was I being semi-polite anyway? My brain urged me to tell her to fuck off and slam the door in her face, but that weird feeling was holding me back.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:23 pm

My foot beat a tap tap tap against the decking as I waited, looking out over the front yard towards the sunlight that twinkled over the roofs of houses. I tucked the folder under my arm and reached into my coat pocket to pull out my badge and hang it round my neck. I wanted to be ready if somebody was in. I started to count down seconds in my head, not ready to waste my time at an empty house, but also trying to give a potentially elderly person time to get to the door.

The click of the door opening interrupted my counting and I quickly turned, plastering a professional smile on my face. It nearly from my lips when I saw who it was at the door.

Quote Begin Peyton..Quote End I said, giving myself time to get over the surprise as I took in her tall, very unexpected form. My usual speech had dropped from my mind at the sight of someone familiar, and it took a few seconds to figure out where to start without the beginning introduction, which was obviously not needed at this door. In those few seconds though, I'd straightened out my posture again and stepped straight back into my professional manner. Regardless of the last time we'd crossed paths, for all I knew the woman may have seen either Sam or the mystery man, and even if not I didn't want to get in the habit of being rude.

Quote Begin Well, I suppose this saves the formal introduction. Quote End I smiled, hoping to show there were no hard feelings.Quote Begin I'm here in a professional manner. I've been going door to door in the area in search of anyone with information pertaining to a current case.Quote End I started, and bought the folder out from under my arm, flicking it open with one of my short, but neatly manicured nails. Paperclipped to the inside were the original photographs of the two men, at a distance, and two more closer, blown up shots. It felt so odd to be carrying a picture of Sam like that. Quote Begin Have you seen either of these men before? We believe they may have important information regarding the case or are possible witnesses, and are keen to get in contact with them.Quote End I turned the folder round so the photographs faced Peyton, holding it for her to take a look.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:19 am

One thing about myself that I found incredibly fucking annoying was my ability to recognize someone so easily, especially if I'd been in their mind. I mean, fuck it I only had to meet someone one and be around them for a bit to notice a million goddamn thing about them. Fuck, it was like my brain was constantly in high alert, taking in everything in, in case there was something I needed to react to. But fuck it, that wouldn't have been as bad without all the 'remembering' crap that came with it. 

Things like the timbre of someone voice, or their unique scent, which I thought was really fucking gay but at least I could put those things down to elevated wolf smell and hearing. It was the other shit I didn't get, like being able to recognize their posture and personal bearing. Shit, I could even almost sense like their aura or some shit, but that came back to the telepathy thing and each mind being separate and totally individual to that person. I mean, shit no matter who well humans knew each other the didn't know the other persons mind and the way they actually thought. No, I was the lucky fucker who ironically got just the most 'personal' fucking gift. It sucked balls.

So that was how I knew it was Khan. Her posture, but more than anything it was the mental she gave off, one I'd never have had to know about if I'd just kept myself from digging through her head. Fuck, at least if I was a dyke I could lie to myself and that the only way I knew it was her even though her back was turned was her fucking ass or something, but nope, couldn't even do that.

None of that helped with the fact that she was now at my damn house, but what threw me off the most was the fact that she was civil. Like fuck, nice even. Uhh... What the hell was wrong with her? I'd been a total bitch the last I'd seen her, she should hate me at the very fucking least. I was just... fuck I didn't know how to deal with this. I mean, I hadn't just been making wild fucking stabs in the dark with the things I'd said, I'd know exactly how much my words would get to her. And I'd liked it.

Not anymore though. Now I was just surprised and confused and still feeling that weird feeling that I was becoming aware of. And was staring to recognize too, damn it. Speechlessness wasn't something I could usually claim, but obviously this was proving there was a fucking first for everything. Then she was making jokes and fucking smiling at me. What the hell was I supposed to do with that? Yeah, cause this is just gonna be downright pleasant. I said, a weak attempt at a joke even by my standards. I wasn't even sure why I was cracking joke back anyway... maybe to get rid of the guilt? Because that's what I felt seeing her, guilty for what I'd said. Fucking bullshit.

Door to door? Makes you sound like a girl scout without the benefit of cookies. I shrugged and peered at the photo she held out, not recognizing one of the men but... oh, it was Mr. Amnesia himself, the wolf I was pretty sure this chick had some serious feelings for going but how she'd thought of him. Fuck, this was bad news. As in, not just for him and her and whatever drama they had going on. This could be bad for wolves in general. If he did stupid shit as a wolf and then got caught as an ignorant human... fuck he might agree to co-operate. To media observation and shit. There was only so much the cops we had working at the precinct could cover up. I pulled the door open wider, not answering her question but stepping back. You should probably come in. I wasn't sure what I was going to say but fuck, something had to be done about it and I need to stall for time while I tried to think it through.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 am

Although I loved my job, I could appreciate what Peyton was saying. Going from door to door like this wasn't exactly fun, for either me when it was fruitless, or for the people who were most likely busy until I knocked at their door. Quote Begin Not all of my job is pleasant, you're right there... but it has to be done. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you.Quote End I shrugged, offering a small, apologetic smile. My shrug had knocked some of the contents of the folder an dI quickly straightened it.

Quote Begin I'm afraid the department budget doesn't cover complimentary cookies.Quote End I said, thinking that it was ironic as I was sure some of it was being used for the greasy doughnuts that always littered the station.

Peyton's invitation into her house caught me off guard and I almost spilled the contents of the folder again, quickly closing it and tucking it under my arm. My first instinct as usual was manners, and I was about to ask if she was sure when it dawned that for Peyton to invite me in, she must know something. Immediately, I tried not to get my hopes up. Maybe she could see how tiring the work was and only wanted to offer my a drink to break up the monotony. Perhaps I'd read her personality a little off the first time we'd met and she was being friendly... They were both unlikely, considering how she'd been when I worked with her, as nice as Peyton might be on the inside, she didn't make a show of it. Still, even the unrealistic ideas that I allowed myself to think were better than hoping she had information and setting myself up for disappointment.

I walked into the house, taking a quick glance round at the cosy surroundings before slipping back into my professional mindset. I stood in front of one of the comfy looking seats but didn't sit, thinking it too familiar, then walked over to the kitchen area of the room.

I took the photos out from the folder and set them on the empty corner of the table. I glanced to Peyton. Quote Begin So, you do recognise one of these men? Which one?Quote End I asked, watching her carefully. Whether she might hold information I wanted or not, if Peyton knew either Sam or the other man, I wasn't yet aware of how and for all I knew she could be involved, or even a third suspect of the crime.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics