setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] Baby Names - Page 2

[Open] Baby Names

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Open] Baby Names

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 pm

This girl was way nicer to me than I deserved, and so was her boyf- oh, no, she'd said husband, hadn't she? I quickly went from being sad that he wasn't "just" a boyfriend to feeling like shit, since the husband had been the one going after my bag. God, my mind was forever in the gutter. For freaking ever. Would it kill me to just have a friend? A female friend? Was that even possible without me fucking it up? Shit things were even mildly awkward with Logan. I wasn't lying when I told him I'd be all about it if I was into that sort of thing. Although, I always said it to him as if I was joking. I didn't know how he'd react if he knew I was serious. I loved him, I just couldn't stomach the idea of forcing myself to have sex with a man again. Yeah, sure, I had sex with Robert plenty of times, but as fucking egoistical as it sounds, I always got my kicks by looking at my own body, and closing my eyes. It wasn't him that turned me on.

Oh, no no no, I'll get it. I mean, as long as they don't kick me out for climbing over the wall. If you need a good laugh you can stick around and watch me, I said, with a smile and a wink. But I didn't leave yet. I was anxious now, worried that her husband had gotten hurt on my account. Seriously, I didn't deserve it. I was kind of a shitty person at times. My eyes lit up when she mentioned grey. Oh, yeah! That's it! Oh, I owe you guys soooo much!

I caught a vibe from her as she stepped back, a slight awkwardness. Had I done something to scare her? Oh, no, wait! My ruckus had caused her to leave the store almost, merchandise in hand. The last thing this poor chick needed was to be setting off store alarms. I pretended some cute little nautical number caught my attention in the store and headed straight for it. Oh, man, did you see this? It's the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Okay, yeah, I just dialed up the awkward to a thousand. I um.. so were you two shopping for your own? I mean... Maybe I could pick up the tab or something? You're both life savers! Or maybe I could get you some Starbucks.

Back to top Go down

Romy Cascio |

Posted on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:00 pm

OOC Message
sorry abt the wait ;-;

Thankfully the alarms didn't go off as I reentered the store, with the intent of forgetting about the baby clothes and going home. Theo was quite active at the moment and I wasn't used to it. I loved it, but wished he'd choose his timing better. I was already a bit stressed because of this woman's purse and now the stress levels were peaking. I needed Yves back. Dazed, I glanced over at the woman, not even noticing that she had followed me in the store. Oh that is cute. I smiled at her choice. I looked it over earlier, but Yves said that all boys were sailors while all girls were in bikinis or something like that. He could be so negative sometimes... I checked the price tag out of curiosity and to act like I hadn't walked out with the merchandise.

I smiled warmly at her. No, no. We're fine. Plus I don't think I'll be able to have coffee for a little while longer. I put the outfit down, and stood on my tip toes to see I could see Yves yet. This chick was tall. I thought, catching a glimpse of his red hair. How tall are you? I asked, gauging she was a little shorter than my Yves, but taller than me. I hoped Theo would be a tall guy, but not too tall. Imagine buying the shoes for him. That would be more money than I'd be willing. Besides, after Theo's birth, I'd be back to the salon. My  new salary and Yves salary could barely manage in this bigger place. I secretly wished that Yves would swallow his pride and tell his parents. I knew they were loaded, but they also planned on disowning him since he left the army, but I was having his kid, a boy to carry the name. I was much better than his sister. Twin girls...

"You shouldn't be on your toes like that." Yves said, coming over to me. He looked out of breath, clutching the bag tightly. We should work out more. I suggested, with a wink. Oh I knew I'd be getting it later. "At least I got the bag, smart ass." He kissed my forehead, before addressing the tall lady. "I believe this is yours?" He held over the bag with a scowl. I pushed him gently. He had such a resting bitch face sometimes.
"What?"
Smile, love.
He rolled his eyes smirking. That would be the most I'd be getting out of him today I guessed, picking up baby shoes. Oh! I thought of a name! I said, remembering that Theo was only known to me. Yves put his hand on his hip, wondering where that came from. He obviously was trying to be the hero that I made him be.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:21 pm

OOC Message
No worries, I've been really busy IRL anyway and haven't really been around myself

I smiled, thinking that now that the thought had popped in my head, I would have to get Starbucks myself now. Strange thing about me was that I never really wanted hot drinks even in winter. I preferred iced drinks, but I usually got frozen because I felt like the ice drinks were kind of a rip off. I seemed to be able to finish them in three hefty sips whereas the frozen fraps lasted forever.

I um.. I think I'm around five eight? Five nine? I'm wearing heels... or wedges.. whatever. Maybe it was an odd question, but not one I minded answering. I just didn't know what to say next, but thankfully her husband returned.

Oh, man, do I owe you! Thank you, so so much! My whole life was in there. And on my phone, but that was beside the point. I was asking um.. I turned to the cute girl, who had commanded him to help me out. I haven't caught either of your names. I'm Donna... But anyway, I was telling her that I'd love to repay you guys in some way.

But once it registered what she'd said, talking to him about names, I felt as if the best way to repay them would be maybe to step the fuck out of their intimate moment, yanno, picking out baby things, talking about baby names. Here I was trampling all over that. I wouldn't run off, although the thought of my phone lying there in the middle of the mall was weighing heavy in my head. At least it was covered by fake foliage.

Back to top Go down

Romy Cascio |

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:21 pm

OOC Message
And now the baby is born ;-;

Yves looked humbled for her gratitude, but also uncomfortable. Tired. I felt a bit bad, but didn't mind that much. The lady got her purse back. If I lost my purse then my life would basically be over. I kept everything in there. Donna. She looked like a Donna too. "Romy." I added. "This is Da-Yves." I blushed, feeling myself mess up. Thatw as a private thing, calling him daddy. But I had gotten so used to it... It was like calling myself Betty Rocket when I was very involved in stripping. Aliases man. Nicknames.

Yves gave me a weird look. "Theo?" I raised my eyebrow. He started to mumble in French. He didn't like it. "We don't have that much time before the baby comes." I rubbed my belly, sighing. I couldn't wait. Theo kept moving and I shifted my weight. "Oh! Yves, feel him! He likes Theo." He put his hand on my belly and smiled. "Very active. I bet he'll be a footballer." Yves smiled. I felt a little bad, singling Donna out. "You don't have to repay us. If I wasn't so big, I'd done it myself. Purses are like my life line so I'd want someone to save it as well." I tipped my head to the side. "We're always happy to help others." Yves made some sort of noise in protest and I shot a look at him and pushed his hand off my stomach.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:38 pm

I watched the couple, and I wasn't going to lie, I was a little envious. Obviously more envious of the dude than her. Not that I ever wanted to be married, but that was a conundrum, wasn't it? I did want children eventually. But yanno, unless you had lots of money that involved gross phallic man parts. I just figured fate would give me what was meant to come to me.

But it wasn't just the whole baby thing. Had I ran into her alone, baby belly or no, I'm pretty sure I'd be trying to get her in my bed at least once. But here I was, new town, didn't know anyone and it was a lot smaller than any of the cities I'd been in. Fuck, I was almost afraid to hit on chicks in towns like this. For all I knew they were all Bible thumping bigots. Would I have to drive all the way back to Seattle if I wanted to get laid? Ugh, at this point I was even a little sad I couldn't at least be Bi. I'm sure if I would be interested Logan would be more than willing to help me out on that front.

Theo sounds great, not that yanno, it's any of my business. I felt again like I was in the middle of something intimate, so I decided it was time to bug off. But before I did, I decided to at least leave the door open for me to repay the favor if possible. I found an old receipt in my purse and a pen, scribbled my name and number and handed it to Romy. Listen, seriously, if you two decide of any way I can repay you, or shit, if you just wanna hang, ring me up. With that I turned of and headed for the plastic jungle in the middle of the mall to grab my phone.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics