setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] Baby Names

[Open] Baby Names

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] Baby Names

Romy Cascio |

Posted on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Thread Details

The Mall, Ground Level | Rainy and chilly | 1:30 p.m.

OOC Message

Today was Yves' day off. He'd been working so hard so I wouldn't have to. I was a bit jealous, however, at his freedom. I spent my time being fat and pregnant, reading more books about pregnancy, figuring out names, and day dreaming of what my fat baby would look like. I quit my job at his request too. The ladies were nice about it, understanding that I would be a first time parent and already stressing. I promised them I'd stop by as much as often before and after the baby was born.

Anyway, Yves was off and we had just moved into a bigger place. We still had a lot more things to get set up before our baby made his big entrance, like a baby shower that my best friend was helping me plan and getting his room decorated. Yves and I had different ideas on the baby's room. I wanted it to be a modern like nursery, mostly green. He wanted blue, sailor/navy themed. I thought he only liked that because he missed being in the French Navy, but I'd never say that. That comment would get me punished no doubt.

We headed to the mall for clothes. I definitely needed more maternity wear, but the baby would need more than just the onesies my mom kept shipping from Chicago. I leaned on the escalator, my hand slowly rubbing my big stomach. Since I was 28 weeks, I kept expecting to feel him move around and feel the excitement rush through my veins. The baby, so far, liked to move in the mornings when I still slept. It was an odd alarm clock, but I didn't mind so much. I looked forward to this since I found out I was pregnant all those months ago. Yves stepped off before me, holding his hand out. Smiling, I took it.

I wish you could carry me. I replied, rubbing my back. All this weight was getting to me. You know I can, He retorted, heading to the Gymboree. He could. He was such a strong man. Then pick me up. I said, moving my hand to my hip. He turned on his heel, glowering. If I weren't so big and tired, I would've sauntered up to him and rubbed myself against him until he'd pick me up. Instead, I shyly smiled, asking Please, Daddy? He exhaled deeply, walking over to me. Not in public. Je le rendrai à toi plus tard, mon chaton... I had sorta a clue of what he just said, but only slightly. I knew the last part. I was his kitten after all. He kissed me, pulling me close. I stood on my tiptoes, but he ended the kiss just as quickly as it started, stating, Let's go get something for Elliot. I frowned, I don't like that name. Me either. I was trying something out. I giggled. We had only twelve weeks left and the baby still had no name.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Re: [Open] Baby Names

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:09 pm

OOC Message
Hair is in a side braid under gray beanie, Outfit.

Even with my rent chopped in half, I knew it was time to get a "real" job. Mind you, I wasn't giving up my dream of becoming a regular on Adventure Time or some other Pendleton Ward cartoon, or hell in movies. If you ask me, we needed a full on movie by Pendleton Ward. Sure, with every episode I watched I was even more sure that everyone involved in Adventure Time had a steady diet of LSD and shrooms, but it was still a pretty creative and clever show. I looked around, not even sure where I thought I might work. If I wanted to keep my hair color, I was going to be limited. Hot Topic? Again? I'd rather not. Don't get me wrong, it's a great place to work but I knew it would remind me too much of the ex. If I was desperate, sure. I was a shoe in. Spencers? No, that store always inspired claustrophobia. Was there a Sally Beauty Supply inside the mall? Dammit, why didn't I go to beauty school? All the chicks in the salons seemed to be able to have whatever damn hair color they wanted. Was it childish of me to pick and choose a job based on how they let me dress?

I stopped in front of the Gymboree, the thought popping into my head that I could argue that kids absolutely loved me. They loved my blue hair, they loved my voices, and I was okay with them, at least in moderation. Funny though, as I took a brief glance into the store, I did notice more adults than children. I guess it figured, kids were more interested in toys... well I guess video games. My phone rang, and I slid the screen to answer and hefted myself onto the half wall surrounding the fake garden in the middle of the mall.

What's up, Jesse?
"Everything but Lenny's dick, apparently."
Woah, cool it, bruh. I don't need to know that.
"Yes, yes you do, Donna. If you want happy Jesse back then Jesse gotta get some ass."
I sighed, loudly, purposefully into the phone so that Jesse heard. It didn't surprise me, I mean that Jesse wasn't getting any. He'd been incredibly edgy lately, like fuck wasn't I supposed to be the one with PMS? That certainly explained it. Jesse was just a mess. He was a one dude kind of dude, and yet he hated going without tail. So, he bounced from relationship to relationship.
Are you getting it yet, Jes? Do you understand why it's nice to have that special person you can count on? That person that likes it and needs it just as much as you do? I was referring to the person in your phone who was actually balanced enough to be able to handle a booty call without getting all needy and shit. But Jesse was the one who "got all needy and shit".
"Donna, you know it can't work like that for-"

And I didn't hear the rest of what he said, because my phone dropped and fell into the fake garden and some pillhead asshat was already 20 feet away with my bag.

Stop right there, motherfucker!!! I actually screamed before raging toward him, grabbing him by the coattail. I thought I had him, but that nylon NASCAR jacket that reeked of cigs slid right from my grasp.

Back to top Go down

Romy Cascio |

Posted on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:16 pm

The first thing that caught my eye were the 20% off banners around the store. We had come at the most opportune time. I picked up a little navy blue cardigan and giggled. Our kid can be a little hipster.

Yves rolled his eyes, mumbling, "Well I like the color." He went over to the sales rack and I continued to look through the other options. I wished we were having a little girl. I saw this little sailor one-piece with a pink bowtie and I just died. I mean, I could dress our kid in that... But I knew Yves would get all pissy and I didn't like arguing with him. I glanced over at him. He looked frustrated at this one top before putting it down and looking at the one next to it.

I brought my attention back to my section of clothes and picked up a onesie that said "I'm New Here" and smiled. It was on sale too? I loved that humor and just had to get it. I continued walking around, rubbing my belly with one hand and holding the shirt in the other, tossing names around. Right now I really was digging Theo, short for Theodore. I hadn't told Yves that one yet, but I think he'd like it. I started heading over to where the shoes were when I heard a lady start screaming. I jumped, looking up and dropped the shirt. Dammit. I wished Yves wasn't so far away so he could pick it up for me. I searched for the source, seeing a frantic lady with wild hair, (I was jealous of it to be honest. I had to dye my hair back to my normal color for the baby.) and a guy running away.

If I wasn't pregnant, I would have ran after him, tried to get the bag back. Also try to get in the lady's pants, but that was before Yves, before the baby. Yves came over to me, picking up the shirt.

"Are you okay?"
Yeah, it wasn't me. It was the lady over there... Maybe if you run now, you'll be able to catch the guy. He's in some vulgar sports jacket. You can't miss him. Pleaaaseee go daddy! I pleaded him. He frowned, not wanting to run or make a spectacle.
He stole her bag!!! Her identity! My eyes got big and I started pouting. He's probably gotten away now. Tears brimmed my eyes.
Yves sighed exasperated. "I'll do my best, mon chaton." And he was off.

I waddled over to the victim. Hey, are you okay? I sent my husband after the guy. I lied, feeling weird calling him my boyfriend. I mean did I want to be known as that lady who got knocked up before he put a ring on it? Nah! I already was known to some as Betty Rocket, my stripper alter-ego. Was anything valuable in the bag in case he can't get it? I asked, moving on, but I had faith in my love.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:42 am

I wasn't counting on mall security to do shit for me. Have you seen those rent-a-cops? I think if they started chasing after my perp they'd suffer a massive coronary before they even caught the shit eater. I looked around, and for the most part everyone was just fucking staring at me like I'd gone mental. Assholes! Except - maybe I was just getting my hopes up but one dude was kind of high tailing it out of Gymboree. Good Samaritan? If I was honest, I kind of deserved this shit, I'd pulled over a scheme or... a few in my life, but I targeted fuckers who actually had money. Me? I think the purse he snatched was worth more than my bank balance.

I dusted off my pants and sent my meanest "fuck you" glare to the asshats who simply stared as they walked by, until I heard the voice, that actually sent a wave of relief through me. It hadn't fixed the problem, but at least the girl had proved that not everyone in this world sucked.

Honey! My heart kind of broke when I noticed that she was prego. He should come back, you never know about these crazy pill-heads. I can cancel my debit card. Beyond that... Oh shit, my phone! It's um... No, wait! I'd totally forgotten that I was on the phone with Jesse. That's how much that had threw me off my game. Nevermind. It's um.. in the plastic forest over there somewhere.

I took a minute to actually look at the girl, who was one of those people who actually made you sorta want to be prego. Well.. sorta. I mean as hella uncomfortable as I expected it was, she made it look... cozy. I'd still decided though, that if I ever met a girl I actually would want to have kids with, she was going to be the one carrying the baby. Selfish? Maybe in a way, but maybe whoever that would be would want the whole.. pregnancy experience.

Why the fuck was that where my mind was going with this? Should I be going down the hall looking for that shithead so this poor girl's husband doesn't get hurt? Oh em gee, that baby needs a daddy!

I... listen, thanks, but I really don't want your husband getting hurt. Do you want to call him? Have him come back?

Back to top Go down

Romy Cascio |

Posted on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:11 pm

The way she stared made me feel huge. No. Astronomical. I was barely in my third trimester. I wasn't that big. I think. At least that was what Yves told me. But I suspecting he only cared telling me because he lived with me and didn't want me to start crying over being too fat. I mean, pregnancy had worked nicely on my tits, but other than that I was just a round belly mom-to-be. Oh, he'll be fine. I'll call him, but he'll be fine. I wanted to add that he was in the French military--emphasis on the was--but to me, it'd feel like opening a new can of worms. Why was? Why not is? How'd he get discharged? He hadn't. He deserted. That would be too much information. Plus, that could be incriminating, get him sent to Interpol, deported and leave me a pregnant single mom not knowing what to do. I'd lose my mind and felt dizzy just thinking about it. I kept my mouth shut and pulled out my phone.

Do you need me to get the mall security for you? I asked her, going to Yves' contact information. Or are you going to go get your phone? I added, twirling a stray hair around my index finger. I pressed call and waiting for my love to answer. He didn't answer right away, which didn't surprise me. He probably had seen the guy by now and was beating him up or whatever tough guys like my daddy do when they take purses from bad guys. I glanced around the mall, feeling old. I was only twenty-five but the only people around were like in their teens, maybe early twenties. I guessed that the victim was twenty-two or three with that hair color.

He picked up out of breath. "Désolé, mon chaton, for making you wait." Oh dear, it's fine. I smiled, rubbing my belly, realizing it might have seemed I like I shoplifted. Oh shit... The shirt didn't have a security tag and I was just in front of the store, helping someone. Oh my god.. I didn't want to be a criminal. I was pregnant! I had to keep calm so Yves wouldn't know how bad I was.

"...He almost got away! But the door was jammed and I got him. The purse was small, grey, right?"
I blinked, coming back to Earth and called over to the girl. Is it grey, the purse? To Daddy I continued, I'm sure that's it, unless you saved another person's purse. He chuckled, still catching his breath. "Well I'm on my way."

Did you go far?
"Nah, just a little ways."
Did you let the guy go?
"Oui, I didn't know what to do with him. I just needed the bag..."
I nodded, and went over to the girl. I'll see you later, baby. I hung up. Well, my baby is on his way. He got the purse, maybe. I smiled, warmly, feeling Theo kick. I wondered if you could see the movements. Yves said that it looked like an alien moving around inside of me. I started to back up a little, hoping I could sneak in and drop off that shirt so I wouldn't get in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics