setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Something to Choke on - Page 2

[Private] Something to Choke on

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Something to Choke on

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:58 am

OOC Message

I glanced to Avery when she scolded me, wondering what she was going on about and putting it down to me not catching the wine bottle or whatever. Shit, Avery knew that I didn't exactly like wine, but I wouldn't let it go everywhere even if I did think most of it was shit. It wasn't like I'd been watching the wine and the distraction of Jesse's thumb rhythmically kneading into my side hadn't helped either. I just rolled my eyes and ignored her, like I did most times she went Lenny! at me.

Quote Begin Yeah, sure.Quote End I nodded to Avery and went to close the door as she led Helios away, until I noticed Jesse waiting by his car, watching me. I bit back a sigh and looked round for my boots, then when I couldn't see them, down to my socks which I noticed were odd - wasn't one of them Jesse's? - and figured if Avery was with Helios then what she wouldn't know wouldn't hurt her or whatever. I practically sprinted out to Jesse, doing my best to walk on my heels, gave him a goodbye kiss and nodded at whatever shit he had to say, then rushed back into the house, throwing him a wave without looking. I wiped my feet a few times on the doormat and lifted a foot to check - fuck, they were hardly dirty at all and couldn't make a mark anywhere - before slamming the door shut and joining Helios and Avery in the living area.

I caught the end of what Avery was telling Helios and grinned at them. Quote Begin I didn't decide, it was on offer... but it means we have plenty of chocolate ice-cream, and some strawberry, I think.. - hey, that's your favorite flavour too, right?! Quote End I glanced from Avery, who also preferred strawberry ice-cream, to Helios, grinning as I looked at him and nodding before he had the chance to reply, I was so sure. I was pleased I even remembered, but more than that, Avery and Helios both liking strawberry ice-cream meant more chocolate for me.

Talking about food was weirdly making me thirsty. After a deep inhale and a second to appreciate the scent of the delicious food in the air, I moved over to a cupboard to grab the special wine-glasses I'd gotten Avery and place them on the table, vaguely remembering Avery asking me to do it earlier, as well as some normal ones too for those of us who weren't wine obsessed. I walked over to the fridge. Quote Begin Did you two want wine already?Quote End I yelled, opening the fridge to get a beer for myself. I might have some of the apparently 'nicer' tasting wine Avery got me with the food, but I wasn't going to drink it all night or shit and Avery had bought me my favorite beer.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:04 pm

He had a tendency to exaggerate... I would have normally disagreed, I had always just felt Lenny saw the world through his own unique eyes, just as we all do. A lumberjack might not mind chopping down trees all day, while someone else might view it as genocide, that did not mean they were exaggerating when they protested the act, it just meant their passions followed a different path. It was just a shame he did not overly emphasize something so crucially important to his life, such as the fact that Jesse was indeed not short for Jessica...

I smiled and nodded anyway, I did not want to start this night off on a bad note, it was already kick-started on an awkward and confusing one. It is an engelwein, specially made in a nearby town called Leavenworth I believe? This chilly weather made it seem appropriate. You bring it to a low simmer on the stove and drink it warm. It is like warm apple cider with a kick. I hope it will not be too much trouble. I tried to maintain eye contact but it was hard to not let my eyes wander and absorb the feel of the home. Or maybe my mind was just simply distracted because of other things...

My eyes caught Lenny's and I flashed a very short-lived and awkward smile before tearing them away. That sounds delicious, Avery. I felt a tad guilty for such an awkward acknowledgement of Lenny's presence and decided to say something else. Ice cream was a nice touch. I nodded, strawberry was my favorite, but was chocolate really Lenny's favorite? Maybe he liked to dip his spoon into the occasional vanilla, maybe he thought it was just as delicious but chocolate was just his flavor this month. How could I know for certain? He had never really told me otherwise, but there were a lot of things he did not tell me. For all I knew there could be a lot of things he liked just as much as chocolate ice cream, but he just conveniently forgot to mention.

My eyes landed on Lenny again as my mind ran wild with the possibilities, I was so focused on what I was thinking I did not even realize I had been staring at him with a very accusatory expression on my face. Of all the nights to discover something so personal and quite frankly, it was all so unexpected, I was caught off guard. Why was I so worried about it anyway, were there signs? Had I just missed them? No, now was not the time, I needed to find a way to clear my mind. I was being impolite. Your home is very nice, have you lived here long? Small talk was not going to be enough to clear my mind, not at all...

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:06 am

My eyes widened a little as he explained about the wine he'd brought that I now held in my hands, looking down at the bottle and inspecting the label. It was just so... thoughtful really. Most people would just pick up any old, and probably cheap, wine from a liquor store and even then they'd only be doing it to not show up empty-handed. But Helios had brought something interesting and I smiled, warming to Lenny's friend who was obviously so thoughtful. It can be serve warm? I've never heard of a white that you can actually heat up, how fascinating. I ran a thumb over the artwork, head titling to the side. Even the label is beautiful. This looks more like something you'd put display than actually drink. I think if we're having it warm then it might be best to have it after dinner? We could go out to the back porch and I could light the chiminea? I suggest tentatively in case Helios would prefer to have it now and I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable with saying so.

I beamed at his praise, glad that he didn't find the menu boring. Lenny would eat almost anything I cooked, but I hadn't known anything about what Helios liked or disliked when it came to food. Staying simple had seemed like the smart choice but I hadn't wanted to go cook something bland either. That's very kind of you, here's hoping that it meets expectations. I said, throwing lenny a smile as he came back in he room. Technically you decided to take up on the offer, so still your decision. I joked at Lenny, thinking that I still wasn't entirely sure I believed there had even been such an offer. Oh, strawberry is your favorite too? Well then, I suppose I won't be too grudging about sharing it. I said to Helios with a quick smile.

The whole living area was open plan, the kitchen, dining and sitting area all part of one big room. So when I followed Lenny into the kitchen area I could still see and speak with our guest, separated only by a kitchen island. I placed the wine he'd brought on the island and then brought over a couple of reds. Oh, yeah a glass of wine sounds great. Could you bring out my chardonnay? Help yourself to whatever you'd like Helios. I'd picked up a bottle of Stonestreet 2007 'Broken Road'. It wasn't the most expensive, just over $50, but I loved the taste. I walked over to check on the various components of dinner, giving the rice a stir and deciding it only needed a few more minutes. I bent forward, pushing my hair over my shoulder and opened the over door to check on the potatoes, which wouldn't be done until we'd finished the started if I'd timed everything right. It's kind of funny actually. This is my childhood home but I've been living in L.A. for work the past ten years. I came back a year ago and eventually decided to move back in instead of letting my parents sell it. I smiled, looking at him at I straightened, closing the oven door once again. I had some decorating done, mainly in the bedrooms. But places like the kitchen and my father's study are exactly the same.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 am

I placed my beer on the side and retrieved Avery's special chardonnay wine stuff, glancing repeatedly over my shoulder towards Helios as I did so. Instead of the reply I was waiting for I caught him giving me a weird look, and I didn't know what it was supposed to mean. I frowned back, and then into the fridge, and then closed the door, not bothering to join in with Helios and Avery fucking about over the wine he'd bought. I did think the idea of sitting out on the back porch sounded nice though and I let out a hum of approval. Even I could appreciate that image, and the Chiminea made everything warm and cosy outside on the porch. It would be even better with some of the cookies I'd managed to save for the evening.

I glanced back over to Helios and then quickly re-opened the fridge and grabbed another beer. I set Avery's chardonnay down on the counter island on the way over to Helios, raising an eyebrow at him. Quote Begin Y'know, if you wanted beer instead of wine you just needed to say or whatever.Quote End I said, having decided that was the reason for his weird earlier expression. It wasn't a face I was used to seeing on Helios, but I figured maybe he was some sort of weird wine snob and didn't want whatever Avery had, or some shit like that. My parents were similar, had to be certain makes and ages and whatever the fuck else was important with wine. Whatever it was in this case, I wasn't getting involved. People could keep their wine bitchiness to themselves because I couldn't give a fuck about it. I set the beer down near Helios and then pulled out a dining chair and sat down, stretching my legs out. I thought I might as well be prepared for when the food was ready, which seemed like soon if the smell and Avery's behavior was anything to go by. I sipped at my beer and watched her stir at stuff. Quote Begin Well, I'm glad you moved back in.Quote End I smiled at Avery over my bottle as I went in for another sip, Quote Begin And yeah... it is a nice place, even with all the girly shit, everything else's good.Quote End I smirked at Avery. There were a lot of perks to living with her, such as a massive fridge, great power showers, and the TV... but none of those things were the reason I was there. Quote End The back yard's really cool too.Quote End I added on. Especially with the back porch, I'd grown to like the view after having to smoke out the back rather than in the house.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh yes, it is quite delicious as well. I did a tasting myself before deciding which one to purchase for tonight. This was definitely the best they had. I smiled at Avery and nodded. That would be perfect. Being outside was the best way to enjoy it, it was a warm drink after all and it was just the thing to keep your hands and body feeling nice and warm during this strangely bipolar seasonal transition period. Some days mother nature could not decide if she wanted to be warm or cold, it made it incredibly difficult to decide what to wear.

I am not picky. I replied to Lenny. I had not moved to fetch myself something to drink, as I normally would have. I was too busy internally fighting with myself over a threatening urge to bring up Lenny's partner. It was not exactly impolite conversation, but it had the potential to lead to something less than desirable. It is a shame Jesse could not have stayed for dinner. I would have liked to get to know him as well. I blurted out before I could even realize that my mouth had won over my mind. I spoke openly, using my voice to direct the topic to both Lenny and Avery, but my eyes, in the way that they were completely glued to Lenny, made it seem as if the conversation was meant just for him.

I most definitely prefer strawberry, but I do not mind other flavors. And that was perfectly fine was it not? Just as long as people actually knew that I did not mind other flavors, it would not come as such a shock when I strayed from my usual strawberry and went for vanilla. I wanted so badly to be calm about the truth of Lenny's... Romantic life, but it was indeed still clawing at me like a needy kitten. It changed so much and created so many questions. Some questions were questions I wanted to ask as a friend, others I wanted to ask as his supernatural seeker.

Well I think it is quite nice, stepping inside I almost did not feel like this was Index. I suppose I just spend too much time exploring the surrounding forest to even fathom anything but log cabins existing in this town. I laughed, Girly can be good sometimes. There is a saying about a home needing a woman's touch? It was something like that.

That is very admirable though, family homes are incredibly important to some people. I myself could not imagine ever feeling as comfortable in any home other than the one I grew up in. Not everyone felt that way of course. I suppose it had everything to do with how you were raised. Loving homes provide loving memories. It was just that simple.

It is nice that you two get along so well. I find it especially amazing since you seem like such different people. Then again I suppose that is the reason? I spoke to both of them.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics