setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Something to Choke on - Page 6

[Private] Something to Choke on

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Something to Choke on

Avery Marx |

Posted on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Honestly, how could Lenny not pay more attention to the things he said and did and the impact that had on people? Something I wondered if he was even capable of it or whether his concept of consequences extended only as far and him and the area directly around him. I didn't think that made him a bad person or anything, I just worried that it would negatively impact him one day. If it hadn't already done so in his past. He was still my best friend but sometimes I just wished he could show a little more maturity. Just like I was sure he probably wished I would loosen up sometimes. Probably more so when I was trying to get him to eat healthier or come out with me to get fresh air and exercise.

Part of me wondered whether it was Lenny's lack of tack that had caused Helios' seemingly random question, though I struggled with exactly how that worked out. Maybe it was just something he'd been curious about? Or it'd come to him while he'd been in the bathroom? Surely it was something that would've come up before in conversation, especially seeing as they'd known each other long enough. Maybe it wasn't that surprising that it hadn't. I'd never outright asked Lenny about when he'd known or his coming out. I'd just seen those magazines in his bathrooms and gradually started to talk about cute men as we'd gotten to know each other to confirm my guess. Though what he said next had me thinking I probably should've asked at some point.

My eyes widened in shock and my jaw dropped. I stared at Lenny like he'd grown another head or something equally unbelievable. He wasn't gay?! A million different things flew through my head in that moment, some sticking out more than others. Things like the way I'd always been so blasé with how I dressed, or didn't, around him. Taking him with me on that photoshoot thinking that half-naked women would have no effect on him. Oh God, that bath we'd taken together. A groan escaped me and I covered my face, placing my elbows on the table so I could lean into my hands. You're not gay? I asked, voice muffled and probably incomprehensible. I lowered my hands again, not worried about having gone red because I'd already felt the blood drain from my face, probably making me white as a sheet. You're not gay, you're bisexual? I repeated, mentally beating myself up for being such an idiot. Why hadn't I realized? How on earth could I got have? I looked from Lenny to Helios, feeling humiliated and just like the biggest fool in the world. Oh God- I cut off, reaching for the glass of wine in front of me and knocking it back. Maybe this was just a prank the two of them were pulling?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:15 pm

I'd suddenly swung from feeling comfortable and confident to totally out of my depth. I only had to look between Avery and Helios and take in their expressions to make the feeling even worse. The worst thing was - they were the ones who'd assumed things, but I still had an unshakable feeling that I'd fucked up and done something wrong.

Quote Begin What? No, it's not.. offensive or anything.. I was just, I dunno, I... really? You thought Jesse was a girl? Shit, I know he can bitch sometimes but.. shit...Quote End I repeated, slowly realizing how much of a mess things had become. My head practically ached when I tried to make sense of it. Quote Begin But how did you think he was a girl if you thought I was gay?Quote End I asked, speaking out loud more than seriously asking, I was so confused by it.

My gaze darted between Avery and Helios and I put my fork down, too confused to even continue eating. Quote Begin What, so... neither of you knew? Fuck... I.. I told you, or I mean, if I didn't... I didn't not tell you[/i].Quote End I argued at both of them, trying and failing to think of instances to back it up. Annoyingly, I still felt guilty. Quote Begin Why the fuck is it even a big deal?Quote End I grunted out suddenly, folding my arms and narrowing my eyes and trying to ignore the wriggly guilty feeling inside me. Fuck, yeah - why was any of this my fault anyway? They were the ones who'd assumed stuff, and I didn't know why it should even matter so much.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:46 pm

My guilt increased dramatically the more they spoke. I had started this and it had turned into something even larger than I thought it would. I looked between the two of them, realizing Avery had not been aware either and feeling even more uncomfortable at the fact that I was the one that brought it out into the open. That was not my responsibility, it was Lenny's, and I felt like I had robbed him of it. Well I thought you were straight, all those times you mentioned Jesse I just assumed, and I am sorry for assuming I never should have. Then when I saw him I realized he was indeed a... he, and I thought you were gay because of that and, oh my I really am sorry it was not my place or even my business to ask.

Avery? Are you feeling okay? I asked when I noticed she did not look well. This felt like a complete disaster. The truth was, it really would not have been a big deal if my relationship with Lenny was a normal one, but it was not. I needed to know everything about him that was relevant to his life today if he wanted my help. It is not, but I... I tried to think of a way to explain it to him, What if you believed I was a priest all this time and I came out and told you I was something completely different like a male exotic dancer? It is not a big deal but it would most definitely take you by surprise would it not?

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:45 pm

There was just... no way to process this really. I stared at my now empty wine glass as the men spoke to each other, not really catching what they said because I was just on information overload. How had I not guessed this before? I thought I was reasonably astute when it came to other people but now I wondered if I'd just been deluding myself for all these years. Surely there had been some signs, something I should've noticed. On the other hand maybe I'd just ignored them, focused only on what I wanted to see so it wouldn't interfere with my own assumption. I reached out for the bottle of wine, refilling my glass almost to the brim and cradling it like it was the answer to all my problem. 

No... I didn't know. I really thought you were gay. Don't worry Helios, you're not the only one who made assumptions. And he'd thought I knew he was straight. Had he never found my behavior strange? Oh God, maybe he just figured that my job meant I was a slut too and didn't care who saw me in what. It was silly but the idea of him thinking that upset me even more than the situation. Not by much but still... I took a long drink of my wine, just about stopping myself from outright gulping it down.

My gaze flickered towards the man that I now knew was a priest, almost missing what he was asking. Pardon? Oh, sorry- I mean... I'm sure I'll be fine. I shook my head a little, lifting the glass to my lips, blanking out again and wondering if I should just excuse myself. I vaguely listened to what Helios was saying, letting out an accidental giggle at the mention of male exotic dancers and sipping from my wine the whole time. Before I knew it the glass was empty again. It's a big deal because it just is Lenny. How would you feel if you found out I was a lesbian and never told you? Oh- sorry Helios. I said, remembering his profession. I reached forward for the bottle and refilled my glass once more.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Quote Begin Oh.Quote End I said, sitting there quietly for a bit and trying to let everything sink in. Though I couldn't shake the guilt, other thoughts were slowly creeping in after the shock of their reaction. These two people were the people I considered my closest friends... and yet they didn't even know me. Even worse, they didn't exactly seemed thrilled with the news, it felt more of a disappointment than anything else. Quote Begin Don't worry about it. I'm not going to fucking infect you with it or anything.Quote End I grumbled at him, projecting and making more out of it to try and ignore the fact it was Avery's reaction that really bothered to me. I felt bad immediately after and glanced over to him, clearing my throat and looking down to my lap again. Quote Begin Sorry.Quote End I managed to bite out, still frowning. My apparent revelation was bringing back memories I didn't want to deal with, not when I hadn't even known I'd be revealing anything.

I sat with them, the longer I stayed quiet the more I felt like it was suddenly different, like everything had changed. Weren't they still Helios and Avery? They hadn't changed, but I couldn't help be paranoid that they might now think of me differently.

Quote Begin Yeah, okay, yeah, I know!Quote End I struggled not to raise my voice, so close to just storming out. Quote Begin But you're not a lesbian, and you're not a.. fucking exotic dancer,Quote End And why did they have to choose things that bought such attractive images to my mind? Or attractive in Avery's case, because it was hard to determine whether the image of Helios dancing badly in a green speedo was disturbingly attractive or just plain disturbing, Quote Begin But y'know, if you were, fuck, yeah, maybe I'd be surprised, but how the fuck would it be a big deal? You'd still be you. And I didn't never tell you on purpose.. but I can't exactly go round fucking introducing myself, Hey, I'm Lenny and I'm bisexual.Quote End I could feel myself getting angry again, and incredibly agitated to the point of twitching. What if Avery kicked me out? Helios was a priest... I'd always thought it was weird he hadn't minded about my sexuality, but what if he wouldn't help me anymore because of it? Quote Begin I thought you knew.Quote End I repeated, at a loss of what else to say to make things better, glaring at my hands and angrily picking at my nails rather than looking at either Helios or Avery.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics