setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Something to Choke on - Page 5

[Private] Something to Choke on

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Something to Choke on

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:21 am

Quote Begin What?Quote End I actually properly looked up from my food to frown at Avery, snorting with derision a second later. Quote Begin Fuck, you can't think I'm falling for that, Vermouth isn't wine.Quote End I rolled my eyes and grinned at her, thinking it was pretty funny that she'd try to pull that one over on me. But shit, I wasn't an idiot. Vermouth tasted nothing like wine.

I jumped when Helios' fork hit his plate, turning to him in surprise. Realization dawned a second later. Shit.... I could remember him saying something about not thinking about sex stuff, and here was a big picture of some amazing boobs right in front of him. It was okay for me, or okay-ish. I'd gotten sort of used to getting to stare at Avery's tits nearly every day. It could've been years since Helios had seen a picture like that for all I knew.

I stared at Helios, watching him redden slightly and not sure whether to find it funny, or be concerned for him.  I hid my smirk behind my hand when he asked to go to the bathroom and then left the room, glancing to Avery over the top of my hand. Quote Begin Do you think he's going in there to knock one out?Quote End I blurted out without thinking, snorting with unexpressed laughter. The ridiculous image of it in my mind just wouldn't go away. Quote Begin Y'know, with your boobs, and the sex stuff and him being a priest or whatever, they might be enough to... I dunno...Quote End I dissolved back into sputtered laughter again, trying to silence it against my sleeve.

My cheeks felt red from trying not to laugh out loud, just in case Helios could hear, and I was grateful for the Avery's distraction. I peered about, looking around for whatever she was talking about. Quote Begin What? Where?Quote End I asked, angling my head around. Whatever it had been, I'd been too busy watching Helios' expression earlier to notice it. A sudden wave of thought struck me and I sat bolt upright, eyes narrowing. My legs pushed the chair back when I stood up to turn around. I'd had my back to the window, whereas Avery might just be able to see out of it, and all I could think of was that scrawny, evil cat. Quote Begin Is it that fucking cat again?!Quote End I ranted, stamping over to the window to peer out of it.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:56 am

I think she might be right Lenny. I said before taking another bite. I am not certain however... - Not that I question your knowledge of it Avery, I just can not remember myself... I added awkwardly, not wanting her to think I did not believe her.

I did not waste any time getting up from the table, managing to speak a quiet, Please excuse me. before heading towards the hall. My feet picked up pace when I was out of viewing distance, and I leaned up against the bathroom door to close it behind me, breathing a sigh of relief. I finally leaned forward to examine the collar of my shirt in the mirror. Right below where my now missing button sat was a drop of something on my shirt. Food? I was normally so careful, it must have been caused by my involuntary drop of the fork, or my drink. I used my finger to wipe it away, leaving a wet looking smudge behind instead. So, I turned on the faucet and using a piece of toilet paper I dabbed at the mark, but it wasn't fading.

I finally decided to pull off my shirt and run the edge of the fabric under the water. And feeling somewhat panicked at it's refusal to remove itself from my shirt, I reached for the bar of soap and used the corner of it to dab the mark. I ran my fingers over it, trying to work the soap into the stain, but it only created a lighter toned splotch over the stain, which was still visible itself, and around all of that was a large wet circle from the water. I finally managed to get rid of most of the soap stain, but was left with a big wet circle on my chest when I put my shirt back on... Stain still in tact, as well as some soap residue... I played with it in the mirror, trying to find convincing ways to tuck it away and make it less visible but considering the location it was impossible.

It was incredibly obvious, and as I stared at it in the mirror I began wondering about the vampire. Which lead me to wonder about Lenny and the vampire, and the curiosity I had spent all night pushing to the back of my mind was finally hitting it's boiling point. Or maybe I was just letting it hit that boiling point because I did not want to let my mind venture to my discomfort at the table only minutes prior.

I finally left the restroom and started back towards my seat. When I entered the room all I cared about was changing the topic, and seeing Lenny standing must have been all the fuel I needed to blurt out what I had. So Lenny, when did you realize you were homosexual?

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:01 am

It is a type of wine Lenny, sorry but your disbelief doesn't change the fact. If you don't believe me just look it up on your cell. I shrugged, still feeling almost, well... devious for pointing it out. A sly grin still curved my lips and the way he'd reacted just made me more eager to show him. Not because I wanted to win but more because maybe it would open his eyes to how biased he could be about some things. My expression changed to a reassuring one when Helios spoke. It's fine Helios, don't worry about it. I can be certain for everyone. I joked, nearly sticking my tongue out at Lenny. Helios was very sweet, trying to remain so neutral. Especially when you considered that he was Lenny's friend and not mine.

I watched Helios leave, feeling more than a little concerned. Was it the food? Or maybe he was gay like Lenny after all. I'd wondered but I didn't want to make assumptions. Though he was incredibly well-mannered and hadn't made any strange comments about the cover. Maybe it was the cover that had sent him off to the bathroom? If he was gay he might have been offended having that shoved in his face? It seemed like a long-shot but it was the only thing that made sense to me.

Feeling terrible at the idea of having made Helios uncomfortable, I turned my attention back to Lenny, surprised to find that he looked like he was enjoying himself. I felt my mouth drop open when he spoke, shaking my head before I'd even started speaking. Lenny, that's an awful thing to say" I hissed under my breath, glancing towards the doorway. I had more to say but Lenny cut across me, continuing his own point. At first the words just didn't really sink in and I opened my mouth to speak until... what? My eyes widened in shock and I felt my cheeks flare with heat.

He's a priest? What the- Oh my God Lenny, that is the kind of thing you tell your roommate about! That you're bring a priest over for dinner! I can't believe you didn't- I cut off with a grown, covering my face with my hands and just... not able to believe I'd shown my cover to a priest. I ignored Lenny, still hung up on the fact he'd omitted something so relevant about Helios. We hadn't even said Grace, it seemed so disrespectful.

My head shot up when I heard footsteps from the hall, looking up to see Helios and I instantly wanted to explain and apologize. But then he spoke first and I was beginning to think that this dinner party was doomed. My gaze darted over to Lenny, a little curious about the answer to Helios' question myself but... well the way he asked it out of the blue was a little strange. Hadhe not known Lenny was gay before?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:52 am

Helios was freaking out in the bathroom - probably, at least - Avery was freaking out over Helios being a priest when I'd told her that fucking ages ago, but none of that mattered as I kept my narrowed gaze directed out of the kitchen window, peering for any sight of that cat. It always felt like as soon as I looked away, there it'd be, sitting there and just watching. There was no sign of it at the moment so I was sure it'd just hidden itself somewhere. Just, where....

I heard the click of the bathroom door closing and finally pried my eyes away from the back yard, looking over my shoulder to see Helios. I quickly darted my eyes back out the window, attempting to catch the cat before it could run off, but it still wasn't there. I narrowed my gaze suspiciously and sighed.

I whipped my head back round, my frown directed at Helios when his words carried through the room. Shit, was this considered dinner party conversation these days? It felt like a weird question but I just shrugged it off.

Quote Begin Uhhh... it's bisexual, and...Quote End I broke off to take another quick look out of the window as I retreated from it, but the cat was still nowhere in sight. I sighed again and returned to my seat, talking as I walked, Quote Begin I dunno, I guess I always felt like it but I didn't know what it was until maybe.. fuck,... I was fifteen? At first I wondered if I was gay, because if you liked guys then that's just what you were, but I still liked girls... I dunno, there was never much shit about bisexual going around so I didn't know that's what it was, so I just didn't tried not to think about it. But y'know... like, shit, when did you realize you were heterosexual?Quote End I turned the question back on Helios as I eased into my seat, looking between him and Avery. I picked up my fork again and poked at my cooling food, eating some even though it was lukewarm and trying not to smirk between chews. I bet neither of them got asked that question much.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:34 pm

I had tried to avoid making mistakes this evening, but found myself making them anyway. It started with my realization that Jesse was a male, then the topic of my home, and the nervousness just escalated from there. It escalated so much that I ended up possibly insulting a friend to take the heat off of myself. I instantly felt guilty at the way I had blurted it out. It was something I should have discussed with him privately, and something I should have worded differently. I wanted so badly for this night to go well, maybe that was my first mistake.

I made my way back to my seat and tried to keep from hanging my head too low. So he was not just interested in men, but women also? It was a poor of me to assume anything at all, which was quite apparent when he corrected me. I um... I did not know how to answer that question. There were many ways I could, but they were not appropriate for the setting. The things I had engaged in, and continued to engaged in were incredibly contradictory to any answer I could give him. Abstinence was required of me, but my night job was not bound by the same laws as my daily job. The entire topic was hard for me, and I wanted badly to give him an answer that would justify my asking him the same question, but there was no way to close the door that I had just opened. I do not know how to answer that question. I admitted. I believe I asked the wrong question, I am sorry if it was inappropriate or offensive in any way. What I really wanted to ask him was why that information was withheld from me to begin with.

The warmth around my collar was becoming more intense now, and I began to speak freely. I suppose I just did not know how to ask the question that I really wanted to ask? I was not aware that Jesse was... I paused, trying to decide if I should stop or keep going, and ultimately deciding I was in too deep now to go back. I had assumed Jesse was female is what I mean. It took me by surprise. But I suppose that was my own fault for making an assumption. I looked to the both of them again, feeling guilty for possibly ruining the night and feeling somewhat uncomfortable. Again, I am sorry, that was out of line.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics