setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Something to Choke on - Page 4

[Private] Something to Choke on

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Something to Choke on

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:41 pm

It was time for the conversation to come to an end, and I made the first step by not saying anything else about wine. It may or may not have been obvious, but I really wanted the evening to go well, and not just with Avery, with Lenny too. The last thing I wanted was for him to feel excluded. So, I found myself to a seat and adjusted my sleeves by pushing them up my arm. I returned Avery's friendliness with a warm smile, I was definitely vouching for it's authenticity. I could not say for certain, I am afraid that gelato is something else that I am not exactly an expert on. The entire town center is modeled on a Bavarian village however, even their fast food restaurants, banks, Inns, and grocery stores are modeled around the theme. Had it not been such a drive I would have considered it just the place to rent a home. That is a good idea, I would not be opposed. I had been there after all, I could show them a little bit as I did remember where most places were located.

No, I could not possibly do that to you. If I convert then you will feel obligated to always share. If anything, I should convert to vanilla so no one has to. With all of this ice cream talk I was beginning to crave it more and more. I suppose it was a good thing I decided to avoid commenting on the wine topic, at least satisfying an ice cream craving wouldn't effect me in the way satisfying a wine craving would. We strawberry fans are a dying breed Avery. I laughed, thinking about the hundreds and hundreds of flavors and just how true that statement might be due to all of the options.

I smiled at Lenny's attempt to make the more suggestive definition legitimate, I must admit, that does sound like something parents would do. Weren't parents forced to filter themselves around their young? My mother certainly replaced a few of her less appealing words for less offensive alternatives when I was younger. I do not believe it was something that was well maintained but the effort was there. Indeed, I am. I said to Avery, feeling slightly more pressured now that I had two curious minds interested in the topic.

Thank you, I acknowledged when a plate was placed in front of me and let them talk about something that I had to admit I was completely confused about. I took a moment to say a short prayer in my mind and picked up my fork before taking a bite. From the secrecy, I had a feeling it was probably something I did not want to know the details of. Northern, Barcelona to be exact. I used the first thing that popped into my head to change the subject as quickly as I possibly could. So Avery, I have heard that you are a model? What type? If you don't mind me asking.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:46 pm

OOC Message
The cover is probably something like this.

How was it that I always seemed to say something unintentionally offensive to Lenny in every conversation? It was also a little bit funny that someone so blunt and almost rude at times could be so easily offended themselves. Of course I know you're not a kid. I honestly just meant it tasted like an alcoholic fruit drink, in my own opinion. I don't think having that opinion of it make me a kid either. I shrugged and gave him a small smile and said no more on the matter. I even felt grateful when the conversation moved on, hoping that it wouldn't venture back into topics Lenny obviously had issues with. I haven't had proper gelato myself since I was in Milan a couple of years ago, it would be amazing to find out there is some so relatively close by.-Oh, all three of us? That actually does sound lovely.

Honestly Helios, I don't mind sharing. I rarely have ice-cream as it is so there's plenty to go around. There was probably only one bowl's-worth missing from the tub and wouldn't have minded even if that wasn't the case. At least I didn't go through it as quickly as Lenny. You've already gone through a whole tub and a half? I shook my head though my lips twitched slightly, then Helios' words brought a full smile to my lips. So true, and what a shame. We should be praised for our reference when you think about the world cocoa crisis. I joked.

I never though about it like that. I found myself grudgingly admitting that he had a point, though I was sure it wasn't a practice my parents would have taken part in. I hoped so at least, the idea of them speaking with innuendo around me as a child made me feel like a grossed out teenager despite being twenty-six. I'm just going to keep quiet about the whole thing. If you want to add dirty connotations on to it then that's your prerogative. I said, though I smiled to show I didn't mind what they spoke about.

Lenny was right, the fact that we were still friends was the important thing to take away from all this. Yes, very true. But maybe now you see what I mean about the possibility of becoming enemies. I joked, then felt bad for carrying on a conversation about something Helios was in the dark with. Sorry Helios, this is rude. Trust me though you're far better off not knowing. I said with a laugh and let the topi rest. I've been to Barcelona actually. The architecture is just... beyond words really. The Basilica of the Sagrada Familia and the Casa Batllo were phenomenal. I could even still picture them in my head as I spoke. Oh, Lenny never mentioned...? I probably shouldn't have be surprised by that seeing as I was sure Lenny hadn't mentioned what Helios did either. I do a mismatch of things, but I'm contracted to Ford Models and mainly deal with Sports Illustrated and Victoria Secret. Which reminds me... I got up and took a large envelope from the kitchen island where I'd left it, pulling out the magazine my editor had sent earlier in the week. I got another SI cover too, Lenny. I said proudly, putting the magazine on the table. Sorry, it's probably bad manners but it slipped my mind and I really like this one.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:16 pm

I raised an eyebrow at Avery and let out a disbelieving huff, but then gave in. Quote Begin Yeah, okay...Quote End Thinking about gelato was just unfair when I couldn't have any, and my frown and skepticism deepened as Helios continued describing the place. Quote Begin Bavarian?Quote End I repeated, mouth open as I thought. I had no idea where Bavaria or wherever was, but that didn't matter anyway. Quote Begin Uhhh.... but gelato comes from Italy.Quote End From my attitude you could tell I thought it was obvious, but I was still so confused. I put another forkful of food into my mouth when I realised it wash hanging open slightly, wondering how anyone could think gelato was from anywhere but Italy. Quote Begin I mean, it would be cool if it was the proper stuff, it's just it probably isn't.Quote End

The starter Avery had prepared was really good, even if it wasn't as good as gelato, and I found myself savoring the flavour as I bit into each juicy prawn. Quote Begin What? Don't say a whole tub like that, we've had it pretty much.. ages already.Quote End I chased some food around my plate with my fork, Quote Begin And anyway, it's okay if you did want some. I don't mind sharing it when there's enough.. and if it's still on that deal we could get some more...Quote End I added on, trying to avoid Avery's gaze. Getting Avery and Helios to finish the half tub with me was a great idea, because then there might just be enough room for four more tubs of ice-cream in the freezer, if the deal was still going.

Quote Begin I didn't add dirty anythings or whatever if they were there to start with.Quote End I muttered, too busy eating to pursue the conversation too much.

Quote Begin Northern Barcelona?Quote End I perked up, watching Helios, but trying to act like I wasn't in case he got funny about talking about himself again. I took a drink from my beer, watching him over the top of the bottle. My gaze shifted between him and Avery until I put the bottle down with a frown. Quote Begin Basilica of what.. oh, shit, that big fucking church place, right?Quote End I asked, smiling as I was sure I'd got it right. Quote Begin I think I went there too, but I dunno, the vermouth, the sweet one, fuck, the ones in Spain were so good, the local ones, and everywhere we went kind of blurred together. They all look the same anyway, a church is a fucking church. The tapas was so good though... Quote End I drifted into a bit of a daydream, trying to remember. I'd gone with my parents and brother when I was a teenager, and had spent most of my time steadily drinking to try and ignore them, obtaining a perpetual state of drunkenness that was made easy as just as in Italy, it was cultural to drink before meals in Spain. Vermouth wasn't even strong so I'd had to drink quite a lot of it. I could vaguely remember some sort of argument with my father, but then, what was new or different about that?

I shrugged at whatever Avery assumed was rude, thinking Helios probably wouldn't mind anyway, and lazily chewed through their small talk. Until, of course, Avery's new cover was mentioned. Quote Begin What? Really?Quote End I sat forward from my slouched position, waiting for her to return with nervousness and eagerness. I kept thinking that I'd be desensitized or get used to Avery's body after spending so much time with her, but it hadn't happened yet. I reached out to twist the magazine so it was facing me, and my eyebrows shot up at the cleavage displayed on it. Shit, those boobs. I stared at it before realising I should say something. Quote Begin That's... uh, that's fucking great.Quote End My gaze darted from the cover to Avery, and then back and forth a few more times when I noticed something. As far as I knew she still didn't let them be made to look bigger with computer programs or whatever, but they definitely looked more.... in your face on the magazine cover than in real life. Quote Begin Are your boobs bigger?Quote End I asked suddenly, pointing to the magazine cover. I struggled again to tear my eyes from it, turning it round to face Helios instead so he could get a better look, glancing up to the real Avery instead. Maybe she'd changed her mind on the airbrushing thing.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Yes it does. I agreed, wondering what sparked him to state so. It dawned on me fairly quickly that he had misunderstood my statement. Oh, no, I was just- It was just a poor arrangement of statements on my part. I smiled at Lenny. I do hope you're wrong. His skepticism made me hope the place would pleasantly surprise him. I had nothing to prove, while I did enjoy the town it held no emotional bearing on my life. I simply hoped he would discover it was delicious. Oh Milan? Business or pleasure? I asked curiously before taking another bite. This is delicious by the way. I added quickly before she could answer me.

Well I appreciate both of you and your generosity. I laughed after listening to them go back and forth about the ice cream. Oh I heard about that. Something about the world being unable to produce enough cocoa to please the masses or something of the sort. I had immediately thought of Lenny when I heard it too, wondering if he could ever live in a world without chocolate. Maybe that was just the thing he needed to convert.

I smirked before taking another bite. This was one hard thing to get over, the joke that could not seem to get old. Even thinking about it as I took more bites to prevent myself from awkwardly laughing at it again after it had already passed would have made me choke if I did not distract myself with the conversation. Oh no, I do not mind. I assured, I had already assumed the details of the conversation were probably not suitable for the dinner table anyway. Then again I suppose neither was Lenny's idea of a ''woman's touch''. The last thing I needed was more excuses to laugh at inappropriate conversation.

Oh you have Lenny? I did not know this, when did you go? I asked curiously, wondering how I did not know this about him. I was far more interested in hearing about their experiences than I was in sharing my own, even then, it was only a lesser of two evils. The topic still caused me to sweat, and it was as if my years of effort to forget certain things and the emotions tied to those certain things did not even happen. I turned into that same little kid that I desperately tried to forget in an instant.

I had fallen silent on the topic of my homeland and unintentionally avoided eye contact, focusing my eyes on my plate instead. Manners were not at the front of my mind, and my efforts were put into keeping some things buried in the back of it. I had an abundance of great memories inside my parents home, but everywhere outside of that home was tainted with guilt, betrayal, fear, pain, or shame, and there were some things I simply could not lie about. I could not even appreciate the beauty that they could, because I knew the truth of what hid behind that beauty. There was a saying about how ugly personalities could make the most attractive human unattractive, it did not just apply to people. Ugly history made things ugly too. Instead I finally made eye contact and nodded with tightly closed smile. It was then when manners found their way back to the front of my mind and I was beginning to feel guilty for being so disconnected from the topic. The conversation and their opinions were not carried with bad intent. I needed to remember that. I agree. I said without elaborating. It was aimed to everyone, however.

I was about to apologize for my silence when Avery began talking again and I let out a sigh of relief, very slightly shrinking down in my chair as I did so. I looped my finger around my collar and tried to stretch the fabric by pulling down and sliding my finger from side to side. Oh that sounds very nice. I acknowledged, feeling a bit guilty for not actually seeing her in anything, which I had a feeling I probably should have at some point. I took another bite as Avery returned and my eyes followed her movements. Then she placed the magazine onto the table and I stopped chewing. I did not want to tear my eyes away afraid it would be considered rude, but staring at it with wide eyes could have been considered rude too. So I did the only thing I could think to do, and stared wide eyed at my plate instead. I finally closed them and finished chewing, then swallowed. That is... I looked to Avery, Wow the cover? I tried to dance around the obvious, that being her, well... Her um...

Then Lenny said it and I had not meant for it to happen but I dropped my fork onto my plate in complete shock, causing it to clang . My wide eyes returned and this time they were on Lenny, and I was absolutely terrified to remove them from him because they wanted to move to her, well... To compare real life to the picture. I felt, well I felt awkward and I reached for the collar of my shirt again as I shifted in my chair. Well, I- I cleared my throat and shifted again, while at the same time causing too much pressure on my collar causing a button to fly off and dart across the room. May I use your restroom?

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Being totally honest, all this talk of gelato was of less interest to me than Lenny probably would've thought possible. In fact if he knew how unconcerned I was by the idea of 'real' gelato' he would probably renounce my status as a friend. Okay so he probably wouldn't but it was amusing to think of and brought a smile to my face nonetheless, a quick one that I quickly dealt with before the others noticed. I looked at Helios, lifting one shoulder in a slight shrug at his question. Most of my trips are business related in the sense that I go on them for work. But if a place captivates me enough I usually stay longer and make it a pleasure trip. Milan was one of those places. I think the fashionista in me died and went to heaven there. People may say what they wish about Paris but I've made up my mind about where I consider the fashion capital of the world. I paused, feeling a little bad for talking so much about something the others probably weren't interested in. I beamed at his praise though, bad feeling totally forgotten. Thank you so much, I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully the rest will be as good.

I was glad to be spared getting into it with Lenny about how long we had or hadn't had the ice cream, Helios' statement about appreciation saving me. Maybe we needed a third party mediator around more often? Not that we were constantly disagreeing with one another, but sometimes we passed the point of it being pointless to discuss and didn't notice. That was how I felt anyway. Yes, it strange to think that with today's technology there isn't just some quick fix, but at the same time I'm fascinated when you think of it from a nature point of view. How we can't dictate it.

For a few moment I focused on my plate again, listening to Lenny talk about Barcelona with fascination, just nodding when he asked about the church, lips twitching when he referred to it as the 'that church place'. I wasn't surprised by his lack of interest in the architecture of the city. That seemed far too mundane and just 'tourist-y' to fit in with my idea of Lenny as a person. One thing he did say stuck out though, and I really did try and stop myself from saying anything but the temptation proved to much. So when he finished speaking, my lips curving into a bit of a wicked grin, I spoke. Vermouth is a type of wine you know, Lenny. Fortified and aromatized, but wine nonetheless. Looks like you kind of like it after all. I joked, hoping he'd take it as such. I definitely didn't want him to be annoyed when I'd meant nothing by pointing it out.

Lenny's praise had a bubble of pride swelling up in my chest, making me glad that I had a friend how could give me honest opinions of my photo's. Of course I realized part of that must come from him being gay. He had no reason to like and say it was good if it wasn't, right? Helios' words had on top of that had me grinning. Yes, I've gotten a few of them from SI but this is one of the first ones they chosen that I actually like. Of course there was always the nerves that accompanied a cover, knowing how many people would see it. But there was a definite thrill with that too. I looked up when Lenny spoke, my eyes widening with shock as I raised an arm to cover my chest without being aware of it. What on earth Lenny? No! I think that's just the pose. I laughed the, knowing he'd meant nothing by the comment. I was still laughing when I noticed something fly past, my gaze automatically following it in a delayed reaction. Then Helios was speaking, drawing my attention back to him. I nodded slowly, still a little confused by the flying projectile. Yes of course, it's just down the hall, The door's open so you can't miss it. I said, pointing. And then looking back it the direction it- whatever it had been- had flown. What on earth was that? I turned to Lenny, wondering if he'd seen.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics