setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Something to Choke on - Page 3

[Private] Something to Choke on

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Something to Choke on

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:57 am

He'd been able to do a tasting first? That sounded far more classy than the way I'd just picked up some drinks from the liquor section at Target. Really? Where did you get it from, I've been hunting around for a place to get quality wine since I came back to Index but so far I've had to head in to Seattle every time I want something of a better quality than wine from a supermarket. Hopefully it was somewhere much closer. I'd been making do with the lesser quality stuff, since I hadn't been able to justify regularly making such a long trip just for wine. I smiled warmly when both of the men seemed happy with my suggestion of taking the wine out to the patio afterwards, feeling a glow of satisfaction at their reaction.

I moved over to the fridge, glancing towards Lenny and Helios when they started talking, but deciding to let them chat for a little while. They were already friends and it seemed only fair that I gave them a few minutes without having to try include me. I pulled out the bowl of prawns I'd had marinating in olive oil and ginger and brought them back to the stove, placing a skillet down and turning on the heat. Helios' question about Jesse brought my attention to Lenny too. Actually I was wondering that too, I'd thought he was staying. I put on enough for him to eat too. Though it was just like Lenny to not tell anyone something like this. On the other hand it was very sweet of Helios to seem so put out about him leaving before they'd had a chance to talk about it. I wish I could be like that, but I'm really picky. Strawberry's the only flavor I'd go for. The rest of my focus turned to finishing the meal. I'd precooked the prawns so that they'd only need a couple of minutes. 

Well, pick your drink and take a seat, because this will really only be a couple of minutes now. I used stirred the prawns, the kitchen filled with the smell, making my stomach growl. I'd skipped lunch, knowing I'd never have been able to fit a whole meal after. I'm glad too Lenny, best decision I've made in years. I smiled and winked at my best friend, glad that it had turned out to be better for more than just conquering inner demons. I don't know about admirable. In the ten years I was in L.A. I didn't visit here once, but when it came to coming back to help with the sale I just couldn't let it happen. I looked from Lenny to Helios, my brow arching in surprise. He was just so nice, and so not a typical guy. I always thought of it more as classy and not girly exactly. A woman's touch is the perfect way to put it. I gave the prawns one last stir before moving to the cupboard and getting a few wide-brimmed bowls. Well, we kind of met in off circumstances, which led to even odder circumstances. I think the only option after that was best friends or mortal enemies.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:01 am

Wine, wine, fucking wine. I sipped at my beer and hoped they wouldn't be going on about wine all night. Quote Begin Well, it all tastes the same to me so I've got no idea what the fuck you two are talking about.Quote End I said, and then pulled a face when the conversation came round to Jesse. Quote Begin I thought I told you he wasn't staying? I mean, he'd planned to or shit, but then family shit came up or something, I dunno. But if there's extra food I can eat it.Quote End What had he said? Something about his grandma or aunt or something, I wasn't really interested. I sighed and rolled my eyes, torn between wanting Jesse there too and being glad he wasn't. I glanced to Helios, slightly surprised and maybe even a bit annoyed. Why the fuck did people have to like Jesse so much? Half the time it already felt like him and Avery ganged up too much on me. It made it worse because if Jesse actually knew Helios and what he did for a living, I was sure the feeling wouldn't be mutual. Quote Begin Yeah? Well, he was acting all weird earlier so it's probably good he's not staying, he'd have just been even more fucking annoying than usual.Quote End I glanced to Avery before letting my gaze slide back to Helios, feeling unsure. Quote Begin I guess you could meet him some other time though?Quote End I offered. Maybe quickly, and that way the priest stuff could stay a secret. Jesse moaned enough when I called Helios at night or whatever, I didn't want to think how much he'd bitch if he knew Helios was a priest, not when I'd heard him bitch about religion stuff. He didn't know Helios like I did, so he might just think he was a normal priest or something and not different.

Ice-cream was such a better subject than annoying Jesse, and I clung to the conversation. Quote Begin I dunno, I might try some strawberry tonight or something. Maybe separately from the chocolate so it doesn't ruin it.Quote End I added on.

The talk of ice-cream and smell of food was making me ridiculously aware of my hunger. I tried to cover it by drinking more of my beer, but my gaze kept returning to the food Avery was stirring. I smiled back at Avery and then ducked my head down, smiling to myself. Quote Begin Well, it's loads better than a wooden cabin.Quote End I looked up again, my gaze flicking and between my two friends as I listened and tried to make sense of their conversation. Quote Begin Wait, so the 'woman's touch' thing is actually about what the stuff in the house is like? I always thought it was sexual.Quote End I thought out loud as I realised the phrase might not have been as dirty as I'd thought it was. Quote Begin Y'know...needing a woman's 'touch'...Quote End I raised my eyebrows, hiding my smirk behind my beer. It made more sense to me. I chewed at my lip and then at my nails when I placed my beer bottle down, grunting at the comfortable family home shit. I glanced up to Helios when I thought about what he'd actually said. Quote Begin In Spain, right?Quote End I asked, unable to stop my curiosity. Helios hardly ever spoke about himself and when I asked we always ended up talking about something else instead, which I'd never realize until much later.

Quote Begin And when we met wasn't that bad..Quote End I said to Avery, remembering the pancakes and the bacon and not much else about that day. Quote Begin But I'm glad we're friends and not enemies.. and not just because you have too many sharp heels and makeup stuff you could poison me with. Quote End I smiled at her, then the food, still waiting expectantly at the table. My leg had started to jump in anticipation. I smiled at Helios. Quote Begin It's because Avery's so nice.Quote End I said simply, as if that was the only answer Helios' question needed. Quote Begin I can't imagine her having enemies.Quote End I said, and then immediately thought of Brad, who Avery at least hated. I caught her eye and gave her a half-smile, feeling bad for even thinking about him when she was there after what had happened. Quote Begin Uhh... not anyone who didn't deserve it, anyway.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:08 am

OOC Message
OMG, I'm so sorry guys I have no idea where this massive post came from or how it happened. I know it's super hard to reply to massive posts in a 3+ person thread so yeah, I'm really, really sorry. D:

Icicle Ridge Winery, in Leavenworth. It is approximately sixty-five miles east of Index. So about an hour and fifteen minutes, without traffic. It is definitely worth the drive, the road tends to be clear and the scenery is charming. Plus they are not afraid to experiment with flavor which I find to be far more attractive and authentic than what you would find and your local grocery store, and a lot more satisfactory if you have questions as they can answer them precisely and in great detail. Prices are not the best but I do believe you get what you pay for, so I feel it is definitely worth every penny. I paused, wondering if any more information was needed, and decided to add something else. I had really enjoyed the experience, and that alone had the words falling out of me like a faucet. The employees are incredibly friendly as well. - If you two made a day of it I passed an interesting shop of baked goods and gelato that you might enjoy Lenny. The entire town is quite incredible, and their shops and restaurants are very unique. This of course was based off of my assumption that they had never been. They just might have and that would mean I had rambled on and on for no good reason.

I tend to feel that way myself, most of the time Lenny. I am not what you would call an expert by any means when it comes to wine, and I do believe most of it tastes similar. I suppose I am just lucky enough to enjoy the taste.

As much as I had accepted and actually come to enjoy the fact that Lenny was indeed a complex man, he did still manage to surprise me. As I listened to him speak about his partner, (which was still something I had not come to fully realize), I had to wonder why Jesse was his partner at all. He spoke of him as if he was nothing but a pest. I did however understand, while not from excessive personal experience, that with relationships came a certain level of comfort. It was a comfort that gave people the ability to voice their annoyances with their partners, husbands, and wives quite freely without severe consequence or even remorse. However if Jesse brought him such grief then what was the purpose of the relationship at all, and even more curious, why not ask him to leave sooner if he was such a bother? I suppose it was just another phenomenon that surrounded this complex man, one that I would never truly understand. That would be nice, if you want me to. I nodded and smiled.

It is in my opinion the best flavor, so I see no problem in going for strawberry every time. - And that is just silliness Lenny. If anything, the strawberry would enhance your chocolate. There really was no underlying meaning to my statement this time. I just needed to reassure myself of that. His choices, his life, and his general being was all his own. The last thing he needed was a friend, me, to try and coax him into any other flavor than what he preferred. Or, for once I could be literal, and mentally proclaim that I had absolutely no problem with his partner being male instead of female. Deep down I knew gender was not the problem here, and the problem was Lenny withholding information from me. As small and unrelated as it may seem, information such as this could be the difference between a vampire hunting him for sport, or a vampire having an emotional attachment to him. They were two vastly different things, that could potentially result in two vastly different outcomes.

My eyes widened at what Lenny said next. He caught me off guard so much, that I stopped dead in my path to a seat. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. A woman's touch. Of course his mind would go there, in fact, I had to wonder why mine had not? I did not even realize it, but a smirk was on my face, and before I knew it that smirk had turned into a toothy grin and I was fighting a ball of laughter in my throat. I... My voice shook, I suppose, well... I paused, then finally spoke again, sounding defeated, Well I can not think of a single good reason why that could not be what it means. It certainly sounds more appealing. The joke was necessary for me to finally let out that ball of laughter that seemed to feel as if it was growing in size with each passing second. I do not think I will ever be able to hear that again without hearing your definition Lenny. It was such a simple saying, but it was forever changed for me now.

Without a thought I began retrieving myself a drink, still trying to hold back an aggressive urge to laugh. In fact it was the act of retrieving myself a drink that helped push that urge out of my throat, mind, and stomach for good. Yes, in Spain. I replied, with drink in hand. I would have spoke more of it, but no matter the change in scenery or company, I still chose not to. I had managed to not completely lose it when she said it, which was a feat I was quite proud of. Perhaps hearing ''a woman's touch'' from a woman herself helped strip it of it's more perverted definition and bring it back down to the more socially acceptable definition I had thought to begin with.

Mortal enemies? Well I am glad you two chose to take the road to friendship instead. Otherwise I would have no one to share my wine with. It was either that or drink it myself. Which was something I wasn't entirely opposed to. It was very delicious wine. I smiled and listened to Lenny. It was nice that they thought so highly of one another. I was not exactly worried as the things I had heard about Avery had been pleasant. However there would always be a part of me that would wonder if people I had not met were really what they seemed. I was not worried, I was just responsibly cautious. It was nice to see that she seemed to be genuinely living up to her reputation, without any fanged or magical surprises hiding beneath the surface.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Oh wow, why was it that every time there was someone else around I realized anew just how frequently Lenny cursed. I'd grown more used to it when it was just the too of us, correcting him less because of how futile it was starting to seem. That and the fact that I got more peace by just leaving him be. Some people just aren't wine fans, and that's perfectly fine. I think all beer tastes the same and I can't stand whiskey, so I'm not about to start a lecture about wine. Not that I couldn't if I took a mind to it. The knowledge I'd gained about wine over the years was something I was more than a little proud of. Just remember that you promised to try the rosé, it tastes more fruity than you'd expect. Like a fizzy fruit drink but with alcohol in it. I smiled and then looked back to Helios. Well I guess good wine is worth it, and I'm sure it beats the traffic when you're heading to Seattle. While I do love a good, classic wine I'll admit that the idea of experimenting with it does sound rather appealing. Especially if you're vouching for it's authenticity. I said, smiling warmly at him. I'd heard so many good things about Helios from Lenny, but it was still nice to know he more than lived up to the praise. It sounds like a lovely place for a day trip. What do you say Lenny, any interest in it? It had been a while since we'd went somewhere together and I hadn't realized how much I'd like to do it again.

I turned my attention back to the food when the conversation went back to Jesse. It wasn't that I wasn't interested but... I liked Jesse, he was a great guy and I was never sure how I should react when Lenny started criticizing him. Especially when I'd see Jesse the next day with all of Lenny's complaints coming to the front of my mind at the sight of him. Honestly I thought he was very much exaggerating when it came to Jesse's fault, and the thing that annoyed him were things that most people wouldn't even notice in their SO. Often I considered the fact that maybe Lenny just wasn't the relationship 'type'. Not that I'd say as much but the thought was still there. A smile flitted across my face at the mention of ice cream again. Glad to hear it Helios, it's a relief talking to another strawberry fan after months of attempted chocolate conversion. I joked, looking up long enough to stick  my tongue out at Lenny. Not to sound like I'm ganging up on you, but I have to agree with Helios on that. Strawberry couldn't possibly be detrimental to the taste. You should try it before you judge it. I said, not looking over this time as I started spooning rice into the bowls. My eyes widened a little a what Lenny said next, it being enough to draw my attention away from serving the food. Then Helios' reply had me shaking my head. I can think of plenty of reasons as too why it couldn't mean that, but seeing as I'm obviously hopelessly outnumbered I'll be keeping them to myself. I said with a small laugh.

The prawns were finally done, the smell making my mouth water. I divided them three ways while leave another portion to the side along with what was left of the rice since Lenny said said he'd the extra food. Well, even if he could he'd have to wait until he'd finished the rest of the meal. I wasn't having him eating two starters worth of food and then declaring himself too full for the main. I arranged the bowls so that I had one in each hand and the third balancing on my wrist and forearm. Oh, you're from Spain? I thought I could hear a slight accent but I wasn't sure what it was. I placed food in front of the two men first before finally sitting down myself. I guessed Lenny would start eating straight away but saying Grace was a habit I'd kept since childhood, so I clasped my hands under the table and bent my head, silent for a moment before looking up again. What Lenny said about me had me beaming at him, though I didn't necessarily agree that my 'niceness' was the soul reason for our friendship. If you can't remember what happened the first time then I'm not going to enlighten you. I said with a slight laugh. Whatever the reason is that it works I'm just happy that it does. I reached forward and picked up my wine, taking a sip before continuing. That's incredibly nice of you to say, and I'm glad you're here to share it and have finally gotten to meet you. enny'stalked about you so much I feel like I already know you.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:17 am

Quote Begin You know I'm not a kid, right? I mean, not that you'd give wine to kids, not in America, anyway... but saying it's a fruit drink doesn't make some big difference or whatever. Anyway, I said I'd try it... And yeah,Quote End I smiled at Helios' understanding, Quote Begin That's what I mean. People go on about it having... like it's meant to smell of the sea or shit or taste like wildflowers or whatever fancy shit they want, but it's all just stupid. Especially how much people care about it. Quote End The image of my father's angry face came to my mind when I remembered his reaction to me taking some of his precious wine to a party, or that time I'd smashed a few bottles to get back at him. Fuck, that bastard had deserved it. I leaned my chin in my hand and zoned out slightly. All the talk of wine and wine places was enough to have me staring distantly at the food as Avery and Helios chatted, wondering if that's what the rest of the evening was going to be like. Wine talk. But as soon as gelato was mentioned I immediately perked up. Quote Begin Gelato? Yeah.. but is it actually good stuff, or shit like they usually try and sell as gelato here?Quote End I asked, my skepticism obvious in my voice. As much as I hated Italy, I had to begrudgingly admit that their gelato was unparalleled. It was so much better than just ice-cream, and actually, the coffee had always been better too... Even if it was just normal ice-cream the idea sounded pretty good. Quote Begin A day trip would be cool, if it isn't wine stuff all day. Even if it was most of the day, spending it with Avery made it not seem so bad. I looked from her to Helios, and then back again. Quote Begin Maybe we could all go?Quote End

Quote Begin Uhh.. why wouldn't I want you to?Quote End I asked, giving Helios a very quick glance before averting my gaze. Shit, had Jesse said something? No, he hadn't had time.. and neither had Avery. I put it down to Helios just being weirdly polite. I grinned and shook my head, raising an eyebrow at the two of them. Quote Begin What?! No, it wouldn't fucking enhance them, if I mixed them it'd make the chocolate... less chocolate...and you should convert, because chocolate's still better. I don't mind if you two want any, there's still two cartons in the freezer.Quote End Wasn't there? I thought about it a second. Quote Begin Or.. one and a half or something.Quote End At least Jesse didn't share my love of chocolate ice-cream as he did with cookies, because I had no fucking idea how I'd be able to hide ice-cream anywhere.

I hadn't expected what I'd said to be funny, but after Helios started laughing I couldn't help breaking out into a grin too. Quote Begin What? I bet there aren't any reasons, I can't think of any. I stuck my tongue out at Avery who was trying to ruin the fun, or probably come up with some stupid non-sexual answer. Quote Begin Maybe it was even meant to mean that and people just forgot? Or didn't want to mention sex or whatever, so they tried to change it.. or it could've been a secret thing so they could say it in front of kids..Quote End

My imagination was prevented from running even more wild by Avery placing the food on the table. It looked so amazing, I just stared at it for a second before grabbing my fork. I was so busy getting the first forkful into my mouth that I almost forgot about the Spain thing too, but I kept it in the back of my mind as I chewed. Quote Begin I told you it'd be really good.Quote End I said to Avery, preparing another load on my fork. It suddenly occurred to me what she meant by what had happened the first time we met and I stared at her a second, mouth open. Shit yeah, when I'd practically groped her in the taxi, even if it had been an accident. Quote Begin Ohh, yeah, when I...uh. Yeah.Quote End I broke off, glancing from her to Helios and managing to stop myself before I said any more, just laughing sheepishly back at her. Quote Begin Well, we're still friends and that's what matters? Quote End I hoped she wasn't still secretly pissed about it and just waiting to bring it up in some sneaky way like women did, even if it wasn't like Avery, it was still possible. Or wait to use it in an argument or something... maybe even the next time we went shopping and I put something in the cart she didn't like. I cleared my throat after chewing through another mouthful, my fork poised mid air. Quote Begin So, uh... Helios, was it the north of Spain... or the south?Quote End I asked, still curious and wanting more information.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics