setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Something to Choke on

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Thread Details

Avery & Lennys | Post Rain | 6 P.M.

OOC Message
If I turn into a D-Bag and take forever to reply feel free to mod Helios into the crapper. Or just mod him, I trust you guys. I'm also going to try and keep his posts on the shorter side so it's easier for everyone to reply to. :) So don't be upset if posts start getting long and I don't match post size! (Augh... So many innuendos!) Oh, and here is Helios' attire or whatever: LINK

One last thing, he's not all bruised and cut up like his picture... I just can't find the non-bruised version... >.>

I stepped from the vehicle, barely missing a slug which was moving it's way across the concrete. The air was clean and cool, just as it should be after a heavy rain. It was an inviting scent after spending much of the week indoors. It was not exactly common for me to spend so much time inside but much like anyone else with a job, I had deadlines, and unfortunately I was not the best at staying on top of my more tedious duties.

I fixed the collar on my jacket and started towards the front door. Despite what Lenny had said about the place, even though I got the feeling he was not much of a fan of it as he was his roommate, I did not expect it to be so... grand. The plant life was nicely pruned, and general outside was kept in very good condition, which gave me high hopes for the inside as well.

I was not nervous, but I was feeling increasingly excited as I neared the door. I did check my watch before ringing the bell, seeing that I was one minute late, which to me was right on time. I moved the bottle of wine from where it was tucked under my arm to my hand and waited patiently, just absorbing the beautiful appearance of the outside.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Something to Choke on

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:25 am

OOC Message
Outfit , Hair + Makeup (imagine hair as red obvs xD)

Everything was on time and organized, the food almost done and the table set, white wine chilling and the red breathing on the kitchen island... and it had only been at the cost of my sanity. I stood over the stove, stirring the pepper sauce for the steak and wishing for the millionth time that I'd inherited my mothers natural gift for cooking. But no, that had gone to my sister who hadn't even appreciated it and it had been sheer determination and planning that had pulled my meals together ever since. I could cook and have everything looking and tasting great, but the process was so exhausting for me, and the slightest mess up would throw me off.

That's why I'd gone for a deceptively simple dish. Steak, garlic potatoes and peppered sauce. Or fish instead of steak since Lenny had consistently forgotten about asking if his friend even ate steak. I sighed and glowered at the thickening sauce, wiping the back of my free hand across my brow. My mind whirred with trying to remember if I'd missed anything. The hallways were cleared and I'd hoovered them an hour ago. The downstairs bathroom was spotless but I'd avoided the upstairs one since Lenny'd had a shower and I just knew that meant he'd thrown his underwear on the ground. I muttered to myself in annoyance as I thought about it, unheard over the sounds of Jesse and Lenny watching TV, sitting together on the couch. 

The door rang then, and I glanced reflexively at my watch, taking a second to note that he was almost perfect on time. I liked this Helios already. I'll get it! I called over to the guys, eager to meet the man Lenny rarely shut up about. Lenny would probably follow me out to the door anyway. I turned the ring under the pot down to simmer and padded barefoot across the spotless tiles and out onto the pristine flooring in the hall. I pulled open the door, already grinning and feeling an excited anticipation. I had an image of Helios in my head, especially when Lenny had told me he was nearly forty. 

An image that was absolutely nothing like the real thing. Why did all the men in Lenny's life have to be so... appealing? I mentally shook myself and opened the door wider, grinning at the man before me. Helios, right? Hi, I'm Avery. I stepped back and gestured for him to come in. It's nice to finally meet you. Now I can embarrass Lenny by telling you that I've really heard so much about you. I joked, smiling in welcome at Helios.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:22 pm

OOC Message
Wearing this, with jeans and mis-matched socks. Jesse reference

Quote Begin You should go help her, babe.Quote End Jesse said, for like the fucking hundredth time that evening. I glared at him from where I was resting my head in his lap, and rolled my eyes. Quote Begin It's nearly done, and anyway, she'd just get bitchy if I went and tried to help or I'd do it wrong or shit.Quote End I argued back over the noise from the TV. It was probably true, and I didn't know how the fuck to cook whatever Avery was cooking. And I had helped her put the napkins and shit out.

I turned to pretend to watch whatever was on the TV, but I could still see Jesse watching me out of the corner of my eye. I sighed, loudly. Quote Begin If you want someone to help Avery so bad, why don't you go and fucking do it?Quote End I said, jaw clenched. It felt like Jesse was always trying to get me to help Avery. I knew they got on, but it was extremely annoying when she didn't need my help. It was only fucking cooking and I was tired.

Quote Begin It's your di-Quote End Jesse started speaking, annoyance in his own gaze, only to be interrupted by the shrill doorbell sounding through the room. Avery's voice came next. Quote Begin Shit, is that the time?Quote End Jesse checked his watch as he stood up, forcing me to quickly sit up myself or end up falling off the couch. Quote Begin Come on, it'll be your friend Helios.Quote End He added on when I didn't get up straight away, and I slowly got to my feet under Jesse's gaze. He grinned at me. Quote Begin I finally get to meet the guy!Quote End Jesse pulled me into a hug and gave me a quick kiss before practically bounding towards the hallway with excitement.

I followed, quickly. I was starting to feel weirdly nervous about it all. what if Helios didn't like Avery.. or she didn't like him? Or if Jesse pissed Helios off? He pissed me off enough.

I rounded the corner, almost expecting to see some fucking war scene or shit, but instead just saw everyone all smiles as I caught up with Jesse and hung around, watching the introductions. I groaned when I heard what Avery said.

Quote Begin Yeah, but you never mentioned how handsome he was, babe.Quote End Jesse teased before I could say anything, smirking down at me and then laughing as he curled an arm around my waist. Quote Begin Fuck off.Quote End I managed to grumble, just earning a squeeze and a laugh from Jesse. Quote Begin Well, as I'll be waiting forever for someone to introduce me, I'm Jesse, and it's great to meet you Helios. But I'll be leaving you three to have all the fun tonight - I didn't even mean to stay this late!Quote End Jesse smiled, and I raised an eyebrow at him. Hadn't meant to stay this fucking late. He'd told me he planned on getting to his Aunt's birthday meal or whatever late, just so he could meet Helios before he went there. I snorted and glanced to Helios, before smiling an awkward greeting at him.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:37 pm

I could sense movement from behind the door and I took a moment to run my hand over my hair and then down to straighten out my jacket. The door opened and my reaction went straight to auto pilot with a friendly smile. She was, well... A very attractive woman. My first impression, actually assumption was that she was very together. I-um... The bottle nearly slipped out from under my arm which was entirely because the fabric of my jacket was not exactly made of gripping material. I swiftly caught it before it hit the ground and made eye contact again. Helios, yes. I extended my hand, Very pleased to meet you, I have heard much about you as well.

It suddenly felt like someone had switched the moment from play to fast forward. Lenny had appeared and I nodded with a smile in his direction. I had wanted to say something to everyone but I had no clue who this other man was. His comment made me feel uncomfortable but it would be rude of me to not politely and verbally accept his compliment. I just did not know what to say in return. My jaw slowly started dropping. Jesse? His hand was around Lenny, his... compliment... It was not just my eyes that followed him as he passed by me either, my whole body turned to watch him, and my mind was trying to catch up with what had just happened.

My eyes widened and I took a deep breath before finding a normal yet false expression again and turning around. I... I brought... I cleared my throat and flashed a smile to Avery and Lenny and shook my head before taking a step inside. Wine, I brought wine. People could share names right? Maybe he was a close friend of Lenny's... That just so happened to call him babe. I suddenly felt envy for my now long gone ignorance. Now was not the time for me to experience such a large revelation, and I wanted to go back about sixty seconds, to the moment when I did not know any of this and was just the awkward friend of Lenny's that finally met his incredibly attractive female roommate. That awkwardness was far more welcome than this.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled, letting everything just escape me and my mind fill up with the obvious, that being the aroma. It smells wonderful, what are we having?

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:02 am

My eyes widened slightly when the bottle slipped, my arm twitching slightly in reflex even though I knew there was no hope of catching it... except Lenny's friend managed to. I felt my lips fall open in a small 'O' of surprise before I managed to recollect myself. Wow, nice save. I slipped my hand into his, shaking it firmly without gripping too tight or holding on too long. Really? Nothing too bad I hope. I'll bet we're both well clued in on the fact that Lenny has a tendency to exaggerate at times. I said, only partly joking but throwing an affectionate glance at my best friend and roommate to take any edge off the words.

I rolled my eyes a little at what Jesse said, trying not to laugh at the fact that he sounded more like a girl than I did saying things like that. Not that what he said wasn't true, because Helios was very good looking. You just wouldn't find my saying it to his face the first time I met him. I was going to joke about it but Lenny's reply had me gasping a little. Lenny! I gave him a meaningful look I wasn't even sure he'd catch. One night, just one night I'd love for there not to be curses flying in every direction.

Oh, you're not staying with us tonight Jesse? Lenny didn't mention that. So no surprises there. I watched him step past Helios and head out, and gave him a small wave when he looked back. Have a good night Jesse! I called after him, then turned my attention back on our guest, smiling warmly when he mentioned the wine, wondering why he felt uncomfortable. Oh lovely, you really didn't have to but that's very kind of you. We can start with your bottle, it should be great with the starter. Lenny, get the door please? I said over my shoulder as I turned and led the way back towards the open plan living area.

I lit up a little at the compliment about the smell, it meaning that much more considering how much stress had gone into all the preparation. Thank you Helios, but really it's nothing complicated. Ginger prawns and lemongrass rice for starters and steak with garlic potatoes and pepper sauce for the main. I paused, my lips twitching and my gaze flicked towards my roommate. And ice-cream for desert since Lenny decided we needed four cartons of the stuff. I said with a laugh, still hoping to diffuse any residual awkwardness that tended to come with first meetings.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics