setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Make Yourself at Home - Page 2

[Private] Make Yourself at Home

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Make Yourself at Home

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:14 am

I broke off from admiring the house and the, in my opinion, odd vehicle for someone like Sof, ambling back over to her. I took her hand and pulled her to her feet with a little too much force at my excitement at the whole arrangement, almost sending her back off-balance.

Quote Begin Oops, sorry.Quote End I said, grinning apologetically at her and reminding myself to calm down. The prospect of having somewhere better to stay was exciting, especially as it was with an old friend, but it didn't mean I had to act like such a dork. I hadn't been on my run that morning and I had a load of pent-up energy I had to try and control.

I turned back to the house and clapped my hands. Quote Begin So, is my prize getting to see inside the house? I bet the inside is as nice as the outside, probably with the walls all lined with books, knowing you.Quote End I walked up the steps to the porch and waited by the front door, slinging what I could fit of my hands into the pockets of my jeans. Quote Begin So, how does Paul feel, not being the only man in the house anymore?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:51 pm

When I take his hand, my eyes widen as he pulls me up quickly with such ease and I briefly struggle to catch my balance.  Someone seems a little eager.  I joke, brushing off the strands of grass stuffed inside my vest and along my legs.

My smile brightens as we walk up to the steps. Not all the walls are lined with books, and he's not too happy. He's very protective over me.  I smirk shyly and swing my bag around, lifting the flap and pulling out my keys as the various key chains, I collected from different countries, clink together. Righty tighty, lefty loosy. I mumble to myself as I insert the key, unlocking and pushing open the door. I step inside, my heels echo throughout the living room as I walk onto the hardwood flooring. My smile meets my eyes as I glance over to the books taking shelter on the shelves. I peek outside for reassurance before closing and locking the door once he is inside. I let out a sigh of relief; the one place where I feel safe.

I drop my bag next to the side table by the door and toss my keys into the glass bowl resting on top.  Would you care for anything to drink, or eat? I can make us lunch if you'd like.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Quote Begin Not all? Yeah, I guess you've gotta leave room for the windows.Quote End I bit my tongue as I grinned at Sof, chuckling at her antics with the lock and my laughter following us as I shadowed her through the door.

I stopped when I was inside and had the chance to take in my surroundings. I let out a low whistle. Quote Begin Wow, this place really is nice. That's some good sturdy hardwood flooring.Quote End I carefully tapped the sole of my sneaker against it for good measure, standing back to admire the shine of the wood. I was a sucker for wooden floors. Quote Begin If I can find myself a place half as good as these digs I'll be thrilled.Quote End I turned on my heel, rubbing my hands together.

Quote Begin Lunch, definitely lunch. You want me to help? I promise not to burn down your kitchen, and not just because you don't need a stove to make sandwiches. And water'll be fine. Is the kitchen this way?Quote End I jutted my thumb towards a doorway that bridged the gap between the hardwood flooring and tiles, which just had to belong to a kitchen.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:24 pm

I step aside and watch as he glances around the living area, eager to hear his approval. The interior designer spirit in me is patting herself on the back when she hears his compliment. I spent countless hours perfecting this room, from tracking down vintage thrift shops to many do-it-yourself projects. But I am taken back when he shows interest in the hardwood flooring. At first I thought he was joking, but that look on his face was telling the opposite. Maybe it's a guy thing. You are such a dork, you know that right? I shake my head, smiling.

I nod as I tread behind him into kitchen. It's okay I got it. You should take a load off after that victory of yours. I joke. I walk around the breakfast bar to the cabinets to the right of the sink, taking out two glasses and quickly fill them with water. I place them in front of him but hold up a finger and turn on my heel to the refrigerator. I pull open the left door, scooping out a handful of ice cubes then open the right door and take out a bowl of sliced lemons. I use the side of my hip to close door and return back to Ru, dropping the ice cubes into our glasses, then plopping a lemon slice in each. 

Voici votre eau. Boire. I spoke softly as my french accent did not hold back. A hint of a smirk spread across my lips, I loved when I spoke in a different language, gave me a sense of power and it made me feel a little...Sexy. Just the thought of it makes me flush. Now, what would you like for lunch? I ask, grabbing my glass and taking a sip in hopes to hide my cheeks.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:12 am

Quote Begin Call me a dork then. But hey, I helped my Dad strip back some floorboards, and you have no idea the work that goes into keeping those babies shiny. You should be proud of them.Quote End I said, leaning against the kitchen counter. I went to take a glass of water as soon as Sof placed them down but stopped at her signal, taking my hand back. I watched her and slowly realised why. Quote Begin Thanks.Quote End I nodded at her when she'd arranged the glasses, even with a slice of lemon. I took a sip of the cool water. Quote Begin Winning's thirsty work.Quote End I added on with a smirk. Quote Begin It's not fair to call me a bore though, even if I do like floorboards.Quote End I couldn't help teasing. I had no idea what Sof had just said but I still knew it hadn't actually been that, even if that's what the word had sounded similar to to my ears. The accent was cute though. Had Sof actually been French when I used to know her, or was it just a language she'd learned? We might have been neighbors but I couldn't remember that.

I shook my head and stretched slightly, only to lean back against the counter. Quote Begin I don't mind, a sandwich? Whatever you've got. And let me help, it'll be done quicker with two pairs of hands. I can probably butter some bread without burning the kitchen down.Quote End I smiled lazily. I wasn't a great cook, but burning the kitchen down might have been an exaggeration. I could cook a few things well enough myself, but whether they'd be to other people's tastes was another matter. Quote Begin You got any bacon? A BLT would be amazing.Quote End I went to pull open the fridge but stopped, turning to Sof. Quote Begin Shit, you're not veggie or anything, are you?Quote End She was small enough that it'd make sense, and bookish and geeky in that way too.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics