setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Make Yourself at Home - Page 4

[Private] Make Yourself at Home

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Make Yourself at Home

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Quote Begin Somebody need another coffee already?Quote End I smirked at Sof, but left my task to go and prepare the pan. Just a minute or so later the bacon was sizzling in the pan and although I returned to buttering bread, I kept a steady eye on cooking meat.

I grinned. Quote Begin Well, I don't know if I'd have gotten those two, but I'll take eight out of ten.Quote End Sof's mention of not knowing things yet had me humming past my smile as I scooped the last bit of butter I needed. Quote Begin And I'm guessing there'll be a lot of things you don't know about me either, unless I never noticed you stalking me.Quote End I let out a laugh before sobering up again. Quote Begin A lot of things can happen in ten years.Quote End I said it without thinking, but as soon as I had I stopped spreading the butter across the slice of bread because my mind just went there. Yes, so much had happened - especially to Sof, and it was difficult not to think about it. What exactly happened? How did she get away? Did Sage get away? Why? What had changed so much for Sage to do that, when I'd known them they'd just been like any other family. Normal.

Fortunately my tattoos were enough of a distraction before I could lapse into another awkward silence. I plastered a grin back onto my face, but when my tats were involved it didn't take long for the grin to turn genuine. Quote Begin Yeah? Even if it's me saying it, I thing they're amazing too. I designed them with the tattoo artist, he's a friend of mine, and his work is just beautiful.Quote End I set the knife down on the side and turned around, rolling my sleeves up a little more and showing my arms off so Sof could see better. It was as much of them as she was going to be able to see unless I took my top off, but I wasn't about to do that. I quickly turned the bacon over in the pan and relaxed back against the counter, angled towards Sof.Quote Begin The ones on your arms look great too, is that a flower?Quote End I asked, motioning to the pattern I'd noticed on Sof's right forearm.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:10 pm

If I keep this up I just might. I laugh softly, running my fingers through the auburn locks as they fall to the sides of my face. Damn, I'm a complete mess. 

I let out an exaggerated gasp, pressing my hand against my chest. Me? Stalking you? Never. A smirk spreads across my face as I look around the room aimlessly. But I could sense the playful atmosphere had already shifted, it was very clear on Ru's face. I wish he didn't have to be afraid of saying anything that could possibly bring up the incident in fear it would upset me. It was a long time ago. Does it still hurt? Of course. But the last thing I want for him is to feel as if he has to walk on eggshells around me. If Ru does end up moving in, I want to clear the air about this matter. I don't want there to be any awkwardness between us. 

I let out a sigh of relief when I see that contagious smile of his, thankful I had brought up his tattoos.  As you should, they really are amazing. Your friend sure knows how to work a tattoo gun. Man, I can't even imagine how long that must have took...Or how much all of that must have cost him. My eyes brighten up when he compliments my tattoos, especially my favorite.  It is, a pansy. My smile softens as I trace my fingers over the ink.  My mom has the same one. My stomach plummets as the word rolls off my tongue. Seriously? You couldn't keep your cool for five minutes? Had, the same one.  

I clear my throat as my mind races to change the subject.  So just out of curiosity, would you like your tomatoes sliced or do you prefer them in cube form? I could use that coffee right about now.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 am

The mood kept yo-yo-ing up and down, the familiarity of Sof lulling me into a false sense of security for when the sad unknown once again lifted its ugly head. One of the biggest problems was that I didn't know the details. I wasn't sure what topics I should avoid and which ones were safe, only that avoiding certain things might be best with the way the atmosphere kept dipping south.

Quote Begin Well, it's a beautiful tattoo.Quote End I said with a smile down at Sof's arm, hoping to salvage some of the conversation. Quote Begin And, yeah, he's the best tattoo artist I've ever met, and I've known a few. I wouldn't have even attempted it if it wasn't for him and seeing some of his work. I wanted a tattoo for so long but wasn't sure what of. Then we had this idea and it was perfect.Quote End I leaned against the kitchen counter and rolled my sleeves down a bit more. Quote Begin They're technically not finished yet, I plan on adding some more. And I like them sliced. How crispy do you like your bacon? Quote End I turned to the pan, still keeping an eye on it and nudging the strips of meat to make sure they didn't stick. I sighed contentedly and watched Sof. My lips curved up only to quickly drag down again, gaze centered on her hands. Quote Begin Are you sure you don't want me to cut the tomatoes? It'll sting like hell if you get the juice in that cut.Quote End I'd almost forgotten about Sof's injured hand from earlier.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:43 am

Thank you, Ru. My sincere smile meets my eyes. Almost all of my tattoos are centered around my family, it's my way of remembering. Some would think that one who lost her entire family would remember by having photos hung all over the walls around the house, but not me. They just made it worse. I have photos, but those are stashed in a box elsewhere. By the time they're finished, you'll look like you're from the future. All this talk about tattoos has me itching for one, but something different. I would love to get something done like his, not that much though. Just something I or the artist drew up, I'm not sure. 

A little crispy, enough so that there's some fat still intact. The thought made my mouth water. No way could I ever go vegan. I pick up the knife and just as I am about to make the slice I pause, raising an eyebrow. Cut? I turn my palm over to see the very visible cut.  Oh...Right, that happened. I forgot the scene I made when I confronted those jerks, still can't believe I was that mad to the point where my nails broke skin.  You're right, take over on tomato duty. In the meantime, I'm going to go clean and patch this up. I slide off the bar stool and walk into the hallway, taking a left to the bathroom.  Now just because I'm not in the room does not mean you have permission to burn my house down. I holler back, a wide smirk spreads across my face as I am completely aware he won't see.

I flick on the light switch, the petal shaped light fixture illuminates the space as I step inside. I start running the warm water as I pull open the wood cabinet, taking out a roll of bandages and setting them aside. Once the water is at a tolerable temperature I slowly place my palm under the facet. Ah, shit.  I hiss through my teeth as the water seeps into the cut.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:20 am

Quote Begin Not that much more, even if the idea's tempting now you've put it in my head.Quote End I grinned, imagining my body covered in the design and shaking my head. It would look unbelievably amazing and it was actually a bit tempting. But at the same time, I wasn't Gabriel and I didn't seriously want to be covered in ink from head to foot. My current plans were just to finish the chest piece, so the design mirrored across my body as it was supposed to.

I quickly turned down the heat on the pan, nodding at Sof. Quote Begin I'll sort out all this stuff, you just deal with your hand and try not to get blood anywhere. Because if that happened I might actually pass out and the house really would burn down.Quote End I joked, but it was only half a joke really. As soon as I'd thought about the blood again I hadn't been able to look at Sof's hands, just in case. Quote Begin There'll be an amazing BLT out here when you're ready,Quote End I called through, switching between slicing tomatoes and checking on the bacon. Quote Begin And then a sub-par one for you too!Quote End I grinned to myself, watching the bacon crisp to the perfect extent. Yeah, I could live like this while finding my own place. Easily.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics