setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Make Yourself at Home - Page 3

[Private] Make Yourself at Home

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Make Yourself at Home

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:35 pm

My eyes widen as Ru exclaims about the hard labor that comes with wooden floors, and I couldn't but to imagine him shirtless in jeans that hung off his hips with a tool belt loosely strapped on. I bite my lip at the thought but quickly realize that I was also staring. I blink, clearing my throat and nodding. Well at least I know my floors will be in great hands when you move in. I take another drink of water, noticing how dry my mouth was. My subconscious is currently shaking her head at me. I scoff lightly at his tease. You know, a plus about living with me is that you're going to brush up on some languages. Although it might be a while before we can have a entire conversation in Japanese. I loved speaking in Japanese, it was such an incredible journey learning it. I wonder how he would react if I wanted to take him on a trip sometime?

I'll take your word on that. I don't want to regret inviting you over for the first time just so you can burn my house with the gorgeous flooring to the ground. I joke. I slide open the bread container and pull out a loaf of bread, I hope he doesn't mind wheat bread. I'm in compliment agreement when he mentions having a BLT, and he's in luck that I have all the necessary ingredients. But I raise an eyebrow at him,  What makes you think I'm a vegetarian? Even though I do remember a time when I tried to go vegetarian, it was when I lived in Greece. Man do those people love meat, so it was hard to avoid. Besides, I love myself a juicy steak.  Bottom shelf. I'm going to have one too. I smile softly, providing us with two plates.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:06 am

Quote Begin Japanese?Quote End I turned to look at Sof, eyebrows raised, Quote Begin How many languages do you speak?Quote End I shook my head a little, still trying to wrap my mind around this version of Sof. I broke into a grin when I realised I had to explain why I'd thought she was a vegetarian. Honesty wasn't always the best policy when it came to women and their looks, but this was Sof and I'd known her so long, I felt comfortable around her even though for about a decade we'd been apart.

I opened the fridge and got the bacon out of the bottom drawer, and then the butter also after a quick search. Quote Begin Well, just something about you. You've traveled, and got that.. hipster vibe.Quote End I smirked a bit, placing the things on the counter and turning to Sof. Quote Begin Though I'm surprised you don't just eat books..Quote End I tapped my fingers on the kitchen drawer in front of me, glancing at the others before pulling one open. Sure enough, the cutlery was in it. Quote Begin Boo-yah.Quote End I held up a knife, pleased I'd guessed the right drawer. Quote Begin But yeah, isn't vegetarianism meant to be fashionable? I'm guessing you're not though, if you're having one too. Bacon wins out, as always. No-one can resist the temptation that is bacon. Quote End I flashed Sof a grin.

Quote Begin Where did you spend most of your travel time, then?Quote End I asked, setting up the bread on the plates to start buttering them. Being with Sof, doing something as simple as preparing a meal together, was weirdly domestic.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:56 pm

Eight, I believe. I say hesitantly, shoulders shrugged.  Some better than others.  
After Ru stepped away from the fridge I took his place, taking out a head of lettuce and a tomato. I quickly rinse the lettuce and tomato before joining him at his side.  Hipster vibe, huh? I like the sound of that. I giggle quietly. Maybe my fashion sense displayed that hipster vibe. When someone travels the world for a decade, you take away a few things; for me it was fashion and books. I watched as he pondered over the drawers. The one in front of you, I thought, and he obliged. I walk to the hutch and pull open a drawer, taking out a wooden cutting board. I guess it could be. I tried that lifestyle once, in Germany, but it was nearly impossible. Meat is just too damn good to pass up. I nod.

I slide onto the bar stool in front of him, placing the cutting board before me. I prop my elbows on the counter, chin resting in hands. Traveling wise, I would have to say Paris. Even though I have a permanent residence in London, I would only retreat there when I was planning future trips. I never got around to thoroughly furnishing that townhouse since I was constantly on the road. I am almost positive the only furnishings are a breakfast book for two, mattress, and multiple bookshelves.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 am

I had to stop and stare at Sof, my mouth dropping open/ Quote Begin Eight? Wow.Quote End I said, watching her in awe. I didn't know if I could even name eight languages she might have learned.

We'd been in the house long enough now that the cold breeze from outside was forgotten, and I felt overdressed with my sweater. Quote Begin One sec,Quote End I pulled it over my head as I walked back to the entrance hallway, hanging my sweater over the coat I'd taken off when I came in. It was a really nice place. It helped, somehow, to know that Sof'd done alright despite what had happened. I wondered how often she must think of her obviously psycho brother and of the weird way she'd reacted in the coffee shop as I stepped back into the kitchen, rolling my shirt sleeves up to display the colourful ink on my arms.

Quote Begin There, now I can get to work properly.Quote End I quickly washed my hands at the sink and fell back into place beside Sof. Quote Begin Should we put the bacon on while we prepare the rest of the stuff?Quote End I asked, wondering where she kept her pans. I shrugged and got back to my task.

Quote Begin So, eight languages? Let me try and guess them. There's Japanese.. and French, and German, Quote End I began, working out that Sof probably knew the languages of places she'd spent any amount of time. Then it was just trying to work out what other languages were common. Quote Begin Urm, Spanish? Italian? That's still only five - hey, does English count?Quote End I grinned over at her, skimming the knife over the butter to start on the next slice of bread. Quote Begin Paris, out of all the places? I'd never have taken you for such a romantic.Quote End I stuck the tip of my tongue out at Sof. Quote Begin Oui oui, monseir.Quote End I said, in a ridiculously bad accent, pretending to twirl one of those mustaches french . Quote Begin See, I'm practically picking it up already.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:40 pm

I place the head of lettuce on the cutting board, but the corner of my lip shifts to the side as I realize I am going to need an extra knife. I stand up, nodding at Ru as we pass each other, and walk around to the drawer that is holding the cutlery. This is not how I imagined my day would plan out. If someone told me that today I was going to be reunited with my childhood best friend and we would end up making BLTs in my kitchen, I would have diagnosed them as being crazy to the moon and back. But I am beyond grateful it did, the sense of loneliness has faded. After receiving the utensil I return to the bar stool just as he re-enters the kitchen. My eyes widen as I happen to catch a glimpse of the mesmerizing ink revealed on his arms.

Yeah, we probably should. Good thinking, Ru. I smile softly, slicing down the middle of the lettuce. I glance up briefly and mentally face palm. And you just might need a pan to do that. They're in the cupboard below the knife drawer. And I continue slicing. 

I set the knife beside the cutting board as I look up and listen to Ru, eager to see if he will guess all eight. I nod at him when he says a correct language. To be honest, I did not expect him to correctly guess as many as he has. English does count. It probably shouldn't count, but some days it seems as if English is a whole new language to me. Wow Ru, I'm impressed! You got 'em all but Danish and Portuguese. I set the tomato on the cutting board and begin slicing. Well you know, ten years is a long time. People change. There's a lot of stuff you don't know about me, yet. I shake my head, laughing at his ridiculous French accent. You're a natural.

My eyes linger back to his inked forearms and curiosity floods my mind.  I'm completely hypnotized by your sleeves, Ru. They're incredible.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics