setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Make Yourself at Home

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Thread Details

Sofia's house | Clear | 12:17pm

The sun rays beamed through the trees onto the wet pavement after being hidden by the clouds all morning. Droplets of rain would glide down the leaves from above and, eventually, make contact with my pale skin. The smell of fresh rain consumed me as Ru and I walked down the streets of Oakwood. When I began house hunting, I put lots of thought into finding the perfect neighborhood. Not only is Oakwood peaceful yet full of energy, for example the constant joggers I see pass by, but what sealed the deal were the tall oakwoods that line the streets. I had a very nostalgic feeling when I first step foot on this part of town, and immediately fell in love.

I glance at Ru who is looking straight ahead with his hands tucked in the pockets of his jeans. A small smile sneaks onto my lips as I practically check him out but look away in time for him not to notice. We had remained silent for the last few minutes, but it was comfortable, usually I would be worrying that I was boring him but that was not the case. We hadn't stopped talking since we left Uncommon Grounds, we both went more in depth about my travels and his life in California. But my attraction towards him heightened. Don't get your hopes up. Why would a guy like him want a girl like you. My subconscious proceeds to remind me, but she's right. Rupert was the guy that all the cheerleaders fell for, or just any girl in general, and to him I'll always be that quiet girl who hid in her brother's shadow. I let out a sigh and try to tear myself from the hell that is my mind.

I begin to realize the walk from the coffee shop did not take nearly as long as the walk to the coffee shop did. Probably because I had company this time that wasn't my mind, for once; and damn it felt good. It felt good to not be constantly reminded that your family is gone and you are in this alone, or how you are going insane because you keep seeing the twin brother who stabbed your family to death everywhere.

Goddammit Sofia, just stop. My subconscious grunts at me. I shake my head and inhale deeply, ridding all thoughts when my house comes into view. The only way I know how to cheer myself up and eliminate any suspicion of me not seeming well, is bringing out my playful side. I slow my pace and nudge at Ru. See the all white mailbox straight ahead? I'll race you. I nod my head into the direction, the corners of my lips turn upward as I glimpse up at him through my lashes. But before he could respond I take off running, the clicking of my heels echo as they make contact with the concrete.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Make Yourself at Home

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:32 am

The walk was a great opportunity to catch up with Sof, and also to see how a small part of Index had changed. As I walked along I could spot houses that I recognised, that had hardly changed at all, and others which were obviously new additions to the town. It had obviously grown since I'd lived there, and I wondered about getting a bike for round town, thinking as well as the fun I'd be able to have on the trails with it if I got a suitable one.

I looked up at the clean, white mailbox, clearly standing out along from the row of fences and hedges, and nodded with a smile. As soon as Sof uttered the word race I laughed, and then continued when she suddenly shot off - or as best as she could. I shook my head and watched her for a few seconds, judging her speed, and then slowly started off after her.

I was easily able to catch Sof up, even at my leisurely pace, and when I did I slowed to match her's. I made a show of how easy it was - checking my watch, scratching at my stubble and feigning boredom before grinning at her, staying in time with Sof instead of simply going ahead and winning, even though I knew I easily could. I had longer strides and although I was obviously bulkier than Sof, I ran literally every day. Plus, my footwear was just a bit more appropriate than my 'opponent'.

As we were approaching the mailbox, I put in more effort, easing just a little in front. I grinned at Sof, and got enough of a lead that I could stop and pointedly reach out to touch the mailbox after I'd passed it and turned around, grin growing wider. I threw my arms in the air and let out a cheer. Quote Begin We have a winner!Quote End I teased.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 pm

When I started off, it felt great. The swift breeze brushing against my skin, the rush of adrenaline consuming me, and that nostalgic feeling from when we were younger. But then it started to not feel so great. My chest began to tighten which caused my breathing to sound hoarse and that I'm about to pass out any minute, including the uncomfortable sensation the soles of my feet were currently experiencing. And now I remember why I chose books over sports, simply because I can't do any known to man.

For a moment I believed I had quite a lead, until I hear his footsteps trotting behind me and then I also remember I challenged the guy who is a billion times more athletic than me; my athletic ability being none. From the corner of my eye I could see him being the smart ass he is, I shake my head laughing, You're a little shit, Rupert Hemmingway!

As we were nearing the mailbox, I knew this was my last chance to prove him wrong...But I remind myself this is the same Ru who doesn't turn down a win, even though it was an easy win. I sway my arms back and forth as I take a couple of long strides passing the mailbox but by then he had already claimed his victory. My heels silenced as I come to a halt and turn to Ru, my hands hugging my petite waist as I try to bring my breathing under control.  You know, you could have let the nerd win for once! I joke, followed by a smirk.

I slowly walk onto the grass to the tall oak tree in the middle, my wobble knees finally give out and I plummet to the fairly wet grass. I erupt into giggles as I roll over onto my back and am mesmerized by the sky.  I could've sworn I had that. I tease, glancing over to him and winking.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:22 am

I followed Sof onto the grass, and stood next to her, hands on my hips, watching. After the short burst of energy even I was a little out of breath. My breathing was raggedy and I inhaled as deeply as I could, trying to gain control over it again.

Quote Begin Nope, you didn't have that at all. And I did let the nerd win.Quote End I grinned down at Sof, then stuck my tongue out.

I let her laugh and stayed standing, taking in the street and the trees and houses along it with an energized smile on my face. Quote Begin So, this' your place? Nice.Quote End I gestured at the house, taking in the muted siding and nodding appreciatively. Quote Begin Really nice. Quote End If it was anything as nice inside then I really was lucky. There was a truck parked in the drive aside the house too, and I laughed to myself over my heavy breaths. I pointed to it and grinned at Sof, turning to look down at her over my shoulder. Quote Begin Compensating for something?Quote End I asked, with laughter round my voice even though I wasn't sure if it made sense.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:50 pm

One can only dream. I shrug playfully. It dawned on me how winky eye I have been towards Ru. I was never one to be so forward towards a guy. I did not want him to get the idea that I want something to happen. I know I had a crush on him but that was years ago, no way that high school crush is still there. Is it?  The curious thought brings an uncomfortable feeling down in the pits of my stomach.

I am thankful when he directs the atmosphere to my beloved home. I turn over onto my stomach, joining him in admiring its craftsman beauty. I was beyond proud of myself for saving the majority of the money I made through my travels when I purchased the property. I had lived in condos and on boats for the last several years, I longed for a house. I raise an eyebrow up at him and follow his eyes to my dear four-runner. Oh ha ha. Just because I lack in everything athletic, doesn't mean Paul is here to help soothe that; if that's what you mean. I giggle at the name I had given it ten years ago when my parents finally decided to get me my own car. I couldn't believe my uncle had kept him after all these years. I just can't bear to let him go. 

I roll back onto my back and prop my elbows on the grass.  But you know what you can do, since you clearly won, you can compensate by helping this little weakling up. 

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics