setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Cold Case

[Closed] Cold Case

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Closed] Cold Case

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Thread Details

Police Department | Cloudly | Midday

OOC Message

CCTV Stills
-

A folder slid off when I propped an elbow on the old, creaky desk, and with a small sigh I leaned over the side of my chair to pick it up and replace it on top of the stack.

The pile of folders had been on my makeshift desk for a few days. I'd had the intentions of dealing with them straight away only to find out that the officers had been failing to actually file their reports, and had spent the last few days creating a filing system to organise them.

My fingers brushed over the top folder, and I pulled in to the center of the desk, in front of me. It was the first of many cold cases that I wanted to look over. If what I'd seen so far of the other officer's work, it was likely they'd both missed and failed to do a lot in the cases.

Murder. My brows shot up as I began reading the case overview. Murder wasn't common in a town like Index, and when it happened was likely to be a marital dispute or a bar fight out of hand. As I continued looking through the information it became obvious that this was neither of these. The name of the victim was still a mystery, the body being found with no ID or personal belongings, and no-one had come forward to report him missing. The murder weapon hadn't been found. The murder itself seemed eerily professional, the throat slit with one, decisive cut.

I'd transferred to New York Police Department when I'd first been promoted to detective, so gruesome murders weren't new to me and I sighed at the likelihood of it happening in this sleepy town before pulling out more sheets from the file and spreading the little records of evidence they had over the desk.

My musings on how out of place the crime seemed stopped, along with my heart, when I looked at one of the photos. I picked it up and held it as close to my face as possible, my mouth falling open. It felt like the blood was draining from my face.

It was Sam.

The CCTV footage still was grainy, blurry even, and the figure's face was partially obscured, but I could still tell it was him. Sam. My hand raised to my mouth as I stared at the photo.

I'd been looking for him for months, with no leads, no clues and no idea of where to start. A feeling that something very bad had happened had sunk into my gut already, and this evidence of him being a potential suspect, pictured at a crime scene, only cemented my dread.

Oh, Sam... what had he gotten into? Where was he?

I placed the photo back down and picked up the one laid underneath it. It had been taken in the same place, on the same day, but was of another man who I didn't recognise at all. My finger stroked over his face as I thought, frowning at the image.

I stood up from my chair so suddenly that the colleague passing jumped, almost spilling his coffee, and turned to look at me.

Quote Begin Officer? Are you familiar with this case?Quote End I asked, showing him the file as he was the only other one there - everyone else had gone on lunch.

He squinted at the folder, and nodded. Quote Begin That one? Oh yeah, everyone knows about that one - hard to forget those photos.Quote End  He winced as he caught sight of one again, and leaned away.

Quote Begin And these photos? What efforts were made to find these men?Quote End My heart raced as I picked up the two CCTV stills and thrust them at him, my unusually demanding behavior eliciting a raised eyebrow from the man.

:Q1:Well, we put them up online, think they went in the paper too. 'Got no responses apart from a few crazy old women wanting to waste our time.Quote End

I gritted my teeth. The stupid officers were good enough at wasting their own time, or anything other than do their job.  Quote Begin What about circulating it? Did you go to local businesses, ask anyone if they knew these men?Quote End

The officer was now physically recoiling. Quote Begin No? Look, I wasn't even on the case. Officer Cervantes was, but then they closed it anyway because there wasn't any new evidence -Quote End

I glared at the man, every muscle in my body tense. Why hadn't they used this evidence properly? It could be crucial to the case- a murder! Quote Begin I want these circulated, as soon as possible - every house in Index. Quote End I said, trying to pull my rank. With enough officers the task wouldn't take long, and someone had to have seen Sam.

My colleague just snorted. Quote Begin Do it yourself, aren't you the detective? You could ask that pretty Officer Cervantes to help you too. I've got my own work to do.Quote End He leered at me  and pushed past, knocking me out of the way as he barreled down the walkway.

I stared, breathing hard as he disappeared out of the door. I didn't even have it in me to be properly angry at his disrespect. I glanced down at the photograph in my hand. Yes, I would do it myself. I'd do anything if it meant I was one step closer to finding Sam.

#Closed #Solo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics