setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Clear Thinking - Page 6

[Private] Clear Thinking

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Clear Thinking

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:59 am

I laughed, raising my eyebrows as a picture came to my head. Quote Begin That gives making someone breathless a whole different image - someone choking, I'm not a die-hard romantic but I'm pretty sure that's not how it's done...Quote End I let the teasing note to my voice and smile fade, smirking and holding Avery's gaze after her bold confession. I didn't need to say anything when she was willing to lay it all out on the table like that.

Quote Begin Maybe they'd arrest us both. I don't think either of us are exactly innocent.Quote End I grinned, even though my back was still to Avery, sure that the cute and almost wholesome image she at first gave off was just a layer atop of some not-so-innocent thoughts, and actions too, thinking of what she'd done earlier. I hummed to myself, waiting for some signal from Avery. I was about to wonder how long it took to rearrange your underwear, even if womens' ones could be more complicated, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I tilted my head slightly and gazed at Avery, still smiling that same, relaxed smile. Quote Begin I was thinking you could forget whatever else you'd like to do, and as you owe me after that cheeky grope ... take me out for dinner instead.Quote End I said, my smile turning into a smirk. I had no intentions of actually making Avery pay for everything but I couldn't resist the tease. Quote Begin There's a restaurant in town I've heard about. I can text you the address and see you there at 7pm?Quote End I'd already detached my phone from the case on my arm and unlocked the screen, raising one eyebrow at Avery and smiling expectantly.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Please, that's such an exaggeration and you know it. You weren't choking. Maybe wheezing a little bit but... I purposely trailed off, giving him a little shrug and biting my lips, the corners of my mouth pulling up in a smile. I didn't say that he didn't look like a die-hard romantic either, even though I thought it. I'd already voiced my opinion on how he definitely looked more like a bad boy than anything. At least he didn't act like a bad boy, just flirty in a way that was all too easy to enjoy.

I rolled my eyes a little, though it was at his back and I knew he wouldn't catch it. You severely underestimate my ability to talk my way out of a situation. I was totally bluffing and anyone who knew me knew that I caved pretty quickly when it came to any sort of argument. But Rupert didn't need to know that. I could just act the innocent, and I bet I'd have a much easier time doing that that you would. I said teasingly, not really believing my own words seeing as it was becoming obvious he was actually quite gentlemanly.

Taking you out to dinner and I don't even get to pick the place? So bossy. I said with a little 'tsk'-ing noise, managing to shake my head like i was put out before a laugh fell from my lips. The excitement I'd felt seemed to double, becoming all too tangible in my own mind. The words weren't the usual, but it still sounded very much like he was asking me out. I reserve the right to place all blame or that grope on you not warning me about how you dress. Or don't dress, rather. It felt like forever since I'd been asked out on a date that had me immediately looking forward to it. A bubble of nervous anticipation was already growing in my chest, one that would probably end up driving me crazy all day. Fine, dinner at the mysterious restaurant it is. Can you at least reveal what kind of dress code this place has? I smiled, and it was definitely in danger of turning into a full on grin.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:51 pm

I laughed, shaking my head. Quote Begin Because wheezing is so much more attractive than choking?Quote End I said. Quote Begin And okay, okay, I give up - you'd have the advantage. I can't help it if you look like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth while apparently I look like a 'bad boy'.Quote End I raised my fingers in mock quotes. Quote Begin Using your innocent looks against me.. something tells me that you're the bad one..Quote End It definitely seemed like Avery wasn't so sweet to me, anyway, even if that wasn't the vibe she gave off at first.

Quote Begin Yeah, I'm bad and bossy.Quote End I quipped. Quote Begin It'll be fun, don't worry about that.Quote End I grinned wide. I had every intention of wining and dining Avery, and the hope that it could lead to more afterwards. Quote Begin And now you're blaming the victim? Yep, I think you've definitely got me beat on the bad side of things now, even if you do look cute and innocent. I know the truth.Quote End I smiled as I put Avery's name into my phone and then handed it to her so she could fill her number in. I stretched my arms a little as I waited, preparing for the run home. Quote Begin Smart casual. Dress up a little, I'm sure you'll look gorgeous. Oh, and underwear optional.Quote End I smirked, crossing my arms across my chest.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Actually I never said either was more or less attractive, merely pointed up that you were indulging in a bit of exaggeration. I had to agree with him though, wheezing and choking weren't exactly the epitome of alluring. There were other things of a similar nature that could be, depending on the circumstances that brought them about. Being out of breath, for example. I could all too easily imagine him being exactly that due to certain... activities. There's no 'apparently' about it, but I never said you acted like a bad boy, just like one. I smirked at his words, feeling a surge of confidence from them. I also never said I wasn't bad. It all depends on the situation. I couldn't blame him for thinking that either, considering my behavior. I always knew he'd have no way of knowing I was only like this when it came to men I felt very, very attracted to.

Oh, I had no doubt it would be fun, none at all. I was more worried that I'd lose my nerve between now and when time came for the date. My moods were still unpredictable at times, but I'd definitely be taking steps to ensure nothing like that happened today. I guess I'll just have to trust you on that. I said, teasing him once again. Oh, you think you're the victim here? That's cute. Totally wrong, but cute. You seem to have forgotten you started it all by manhandling me over your shoulder. I grinned despite my words, finding the whole situation really amusing. I took his phone, quickly tapping in my name and handing it back. I'd wondered if I should ring my number from it but that seemed a little invasive of his privacy. Smart casual, got it. His last comment brought a small blush to my cheeks, but another grin too. Will you be partaking in this optional underwear rule? Or have you used up your quota for the day already? I asked, getting my gaze trail down suggestively before looking back up at him with a wink.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:34 pm

vQuote Begin Or, you started it with the race. Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree.Quote End I grinned, it turning into a tight smile when I saved Avery's contact information and started putting my phone back into the holder on my arm, unwinding the earphones. I popped the buds back into my ears but didn't turn the music back on yet.

I was already imagining the evening in my head, letting my thoughts run wild with images of what Avery could be wearing. Red might seem bold, but then it worked for Jessica Rabbit and that was a very welcome image. Especially if Avery came sans underwear, not that I expected her to, but I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't excite me. Quote Begin I don't know.Quote End I said, taking a step back to playfully copy her earlier action by letting my gaze drag down over her body, feeling it was permissible seeing as she'd started it. The teasing back and forth had gone past starting to stir something within me and I was beyond excited. I grinned, my excitement starting to show through, and took a few more steps back. Quote Begin Maybe you'll have to find out this evening.Quote End I said through my grin, eyes locking with hers as I back-pedaled and eventually turned around, having to tear my eyes away. I pressed the play button on my phone and the music lowly started up in my ears again. I glanced over my shoulder at Avery and winked, followed by a playful wave. Quote Begin See you later!Quote End I called as I started to jog off, turning round to focus on my running, unable to stop grinning at the grass in front of me.

It had already been a beautiful morning but it was seeming even brighter, especially as I was confident Avery wouldn't be a no-show - not from the way she'd been bouncing replies back off of me... or the way her eyes had lingered, or just from the spark of that flirtatious smile I'd seen in them and hoped to see even more later on.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics