setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Clear Thinking - Page 3

[Private] Clear Thinking

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Clear Thinking

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Oh joy, he had a great smile too, how was that fair? It'd been awhile since I'd been seized with the urge to  flirt with anyone and I was probably ridiculously out of practice with it. But this guy was... hot, there really was no other way to put it. As in, 'look but don't touch or burn yourself', hot. I was returning his smile without even realizing it, shifting my weight to one leg to emphasize the curve of my hip. Doing the feminine things your body seemed to naturally know how to do in the presence of someone you found attractive.

You know, that sounds an awful lot like you're openly admitting to being a bit, well, 'bad'. My grin widened slightly and I looked up at him from under my lashes. I guess that means you just live up to your image. I said in a lightly teasing tone, though his next words had me feeling more serious again as I found myself nodding in agreement. Yeah, I didn't think I'd miss this place, but I really did once I'd left. I just told myself I loved California more and didn't think about here. I looked around, taking in the natural beauty of the place that creeped along the edge of civilization. You're so right though, I don't think you could grow up and leave here and not end up coming back.

I laughed, loving that he joked so easily about the cliques we'd all been shoved into back in high school. Looking back on it I wondered how it hadn't driven me crazy. You so did not just label me. I grinned despite my words. I worked on the school newspaper too and got offered the editors position for senior year. I paused and smirked up at him. Allowed? Maybe I just like breaking the rules? Trying not to dwell on how my body reacted to the way he bit his lip and smiled, I returned his wink with one of my own, the kind that other people referred to as a 'Victoria's Angel' wink that the more experienced models taught you when you started up so that you looked sexy doing it instead of idiotic.

I remember you to, although I have to say you've changed quite a bit. You look... edgier. What happened to the curls? I grinned as I remembered them myself, drawing up a picture of the teenage him in my mind. I'd actually thought they were pretty cute on him back then since I'd been crushing on Justin Timberlake at the time too. I gasped a little as he mentioned Hank and him 'changing'. No way, he was so fit back then though, I can't even picture it. I shook my head for a moment, lost in thought before returning my attention to him. Oh you mean Maisie, right? Yeah she was head cheerleader freshman year, too bad you didn't stick around long enough to see me get the position. I joked, making it sound like I'd usurped her when in reality she'd wanted to focus on other things outside of cheerleading.

Oh, I left after highschool, moved to California and stayed with my cousin for awhile. I'm close to getting my PhD in English Lit. and Language though. A closet literature nerd growing up to be a professor, cliche right? I grinned, wondering if I should mention the other thing I'd spent my time doing over the years. I'd decided not to tell people about my modelling before and it had backfired so maybe omission wasn't the key. I've done some modelling too but I'll be giving that up whenever I start teaching. Yes, mentioning it casually seemed like the best way to go with it. What about you? You look fit enough to be playing sports professionally? Oh God did he, look at those biceps. He could probably lift a girl up wit one arm. I found myself biting my own lip and subtly checking him out again.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:37 am

Quote BeginBad? Oh sure, I'm bad. You should've guessed it when I labelled you, a closet literature nerd, newspaper editor-cheerleader. As far as social norms go, that's breaking a lot of rules, but I'm a closet computer geek so I guess we'll have to break rules together.Quote End I grinned, a grin that was just on the verge of becoming laughter, and was incredibly suggestive. I was sure there were a lot of rules we could break together...

I was also incredibly glad that while Avery still looked amazing, typical beautiful cheerleader and wet dream material, I looked different. Quote Begin Well, I'd say the curls were more edgier in a literal sense... ha, but what happened to them? The nineties ended, that's what happened to them.Quote End I managed to keep a straight face for a few seconds, and then broke out into a goofy smile. Quote Begin Seriously though, some of us had awkward teenage shit to grow out of - we can't all be as lucky as you.Quote End Avery was seriously gorgeous, and it wasn't difficult to believe she modeled. Quote Begin Hank had it back then, but maybe everyone gets a time to shine? It was hard to believe it was him at first, but he was happy. Fat, but happy.Quote End I grinned devilishly again. People were all pro-fat these days, or seemed to be, and while I wasn't going to bash anyone for it, the fact I got up early every singly morning to go for a run probably hinted at how much of a health freak I was, without even going into the hours I put in on strength workouts or weights. Thinking of Hank's change just seemed such a waste to me when he'd put so much effort into being fit before.

A cool breeze blew through again, but although I shivered it was more with anticipation that just the cold. I was raring to go again, get running. Quote Begin You want to be a teacher, huh? I guess the modelling paid for school?Quote End I'd known a few girls who had tried to earn a bit of side cash to continue their studies, it wasn't a rare thing back in LA. Quote Begin And really, you went to LA too? That was where my parents relocated to, where I finished school, where I've been living. It's cool... but I never thought it compared to this place.Quote End I laughed, a barking laugh that echoed round the field a little before I lowered it, smiling sheepishly. The thought of me going into professional sports just seemed so hilarious. I wondered if Avery hoped that - hoped I was some rich football star or up and coming player. Quote Begin Noo, I'm not into professional sports, I didn't even make the team in the school after this one. I'm a web developer, just started my own company up since I moved here.Quote End I said, smiling with satisfied pride.

I'd done well. For a few years I'd known I'd wanted to move, so I'd made connections, gotten to know companies, and built my portfolio enough that I could earn a decent amount working on my own. It meant I was in charge, I could work when I wanted, and it could all be done from my home (or eventual home, seeing as my house-hunting hadn't turned up anything I liked yet) apart from the occasional meeting in the city. Perfect.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:30 am

Maybe you need to read up a bit more on the colloquial meaning of 'bad', because I'm not quite sure labeling me counts as proof of your 'badness'. I grinned, reaching up and pulling some hair from my ponytail over my shoulder, curling a strand around my finger. He'd been a closet computer geek? That surprised me, but I managed not to let it be outwardly obvious. I grinned wickedly at him when he mentioned breaking rules, thoroughly enjoying myself now. Now that was much better - you definitely sounded bad that time. I joked while trying hard not to think about how incredibly appealing that actually sounded. Especially given my tendency to already enjoy rule breaking when it came to guys.

His comeback to my questions actually had me letting out a genuine laugh, the kind that was followed up by a smile that reached your eyes and the feeling of more laughter brimming just beneath the surface. Or maybe that was excitement? No don't mention that! I'm still mourning the loss of that decade. I don't think I'll ever get over the nineties. I shot back, then felt my cheeks heat a little at his next words. Lucky? If only he knew. I stopped my thoughts right there though. I don't know, I was still kind of awkward in Freshman year. A lot of it was just an act, pretending to be confident so you would be and all that stuff that teen magazines fed you back then. Wow, talk about nostalgia. Meeting someone from that part of my life again was... great actually. It didn't bring back any old memories I'd rather not think of, which I was increasingly happy about. Yeah, he was the star of the school when he was there. I bet him and Maisie don't even think about it now if they have kids. I'd say that blew everything else out of the water. How could anything compare to how amazing having your own kids must be? I'm really happy for him though, I'll have to remember to look them up to say hi.

Yeah, specifically the kind of teacher that's qualified to introduced themselves as 'Dr.' and confuse the heck out of everyone. What other use is a PhD? The modelling on the other hand just meant I had the money to be more independent, but no, I wasn't dependent on it to pay for school. I let out a small laugh and hoped that had sounded like a totally normal reason. Going into the details of modelling giving me confidence wasn't necessary. And I really did love of teaching, I just wanted to do it at a level where I felt I could help people to the best of my ability, something I didn't thing I'd manage with kids or even teens. You moved to L.A.? Wow, what a crazy coincidence. I wonder if we ever passed each other without realizing it? - Honestly, I don't think I ever truly believed they compared either. I just told myself I liked L.A. more because it helped with the homesickness. I smiled as I thought about those first months of getting used to the heat and never missing rain more in my life.

Honestly, I think being a web developer sounds better. Especially if you get to be your own boss. Be careful not to skip out on the opportunity to give yourself extended lunch breaks. I don't know about you but I'd prefer those long lunches to fame any day. Even modelling gives you so much more anonymity than sports. I really was impressed though, that he'd followed his dreams and gone after what he wanted. I admired that in anyone I met but for some reason I really liked knowing that Rupert was more than just an incredibly attractive man. I was noticing the cold more and more yet I was less and less inclined to end our discussion. I don't suppose you'd be up for doing your laps with a partner? Can't promise I won't get competitive and try turn it in to a race though. I grinned, zipping my hoody back up against the wind and hoping I hadn't been too forward in asking.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Quote Begin I don't know.. I think it sounds pretty good.Quote End I countered, grinning widely. Damn, there was nothing more thrilling than having someone as beautiful like Avery flirt back with you. Adrenalin had already been coursing through my veins, but our back and forth just made my blood pump round harder. Quote Begin And why'd I read up when a certain English professor-to-be to teach me about the 'colloquial meaning of bad' instead? I could be your first student.Quote End I suggested. The idea was ridiculous and hot at the same time, and I wasn't sure whether I was smiling goofily or smirking because I was slightly distracted by the picture of Avery dressed up like a typical sexy teacher. She just had that look for it too.

I chuckled a little to myself, hoping I hadn't overdone it with the ridiculous lines and trying to ease back into conversation. Quote Begin I think you suit being a professor, I can easily see it. Better you than me, reading all those books. Quote End I stuck the tip of my tongue out, my piercing clinking against my teeth. And who knows? Maybe we did.. when I'm round here I wonder how many people I pass who I might've gone to school with - I can't remember everyone. People like Hank and Maisie, they're easy to remember. It helped Hank somehow recognised me too. And you... Quote End I smiled, and slightly changed the subject, Quote Begin I can't believe that was all an act. If it was, I fell for it easily, so maybe you should be studying to be an actress instead.Quote End I laughed a little, and rolled the sleeves of my hoody down.

Quote Begin I think it sounds better too, but then I love my job. The code speaks to me.Quote End I said, and then wondered if Avery would even understand that. Quote Begin I was never really interested in fame, I prefer doing my own thing in all honesty. Working when I want, doing what I love... it's worth it more than whatever reason people want to get famous. And it was a great excuse to custom build my rig exactly the way I want.. as it's my work computer.Quote End I winked. Oh yes, I was looking forward to finding my own place and setting up my computer, instead of being limited to the laptop I was using in the meanwhile.

I looked out at the sports field, scanning the expanse of it, and then glanced back to Avery with a grin. Quote Begin Race?Quote End I asked, slowly starting to move my limbs and subtly stretch a little after standing still. Quote Begin You think you stand a chance? That's cute.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Oh, he was quick with wordplay, which was something I really liked. Flirting with subtle words and implication was so much more fun than shoving your cleavage at someone or some guy flexing around you. I could feel a tension in the pit of my stomach at his words, biting my lip in an automatic response to what he said. You know, that might not be such a bad idea. I always thought I'd be very... hands-on with teaching, so maybe getting some experience with that would be the smart thing to do. I smiled sweetly at him in a way that contrasted with the words I was saying. You do seem like you'd be extremely helpful when it comes to getting that practice. The back and forth between us had my heart rate picking up and I could feel a light flush across the curve of my cheekbones.

I felt a little twinge of disappointment when the conversation turned back to more normal topics, but I clamped down on that feeling immediately. It was absolutely ridiculous to be disappointed by that when I was overall just very happy to have bumped into him. The more we talked the more I'd remembered him, could even recall a couple of times that we'd talked. Oh no, not another book-hater? I seem to be surrounded by those lately. I said, pretending to pout slightly at his words. I didn't really mind, no body liked everything and reading was included in that. I wonder about that too sometimes. But I think sometimes you're better off not knowing what happened with people espcially when people can change so much over time. I met some of the other girls who used to be on the cheer squad when I first moved back and they were just so... awful really. I shrugged and decided not to let dwell on it. Instead I focused on Hank and Maisie. Hank was always good with faces. I think because he was just so genuinely nice? Maisie too. She was so self assured and always tried to pass that on to you if you were nervous before a routine. Maybe it's actually thanks to her that I fooled the likes of you, because honestly I'm a horrible actress. I gave him a small smirk, though my words weren't exactly honest. I could act well enough, it was why I cam across as so... put together.

My experience with code is pretty much non-existent. I accidentally hit 'Inspect Element' before and I honestly have never had a computer make me feel so inadequate. It was like a different language but one for robotic aliens. I smiled in a self-depreciating way, having no trouble admitting to my own failings. I didn't know everything and I never pretended to. I nodded at what he said, in total agreement. I was never really aiming for fame either. I was just in L.A. and all these scouts kept handing me cards and one thing led to another. I smiled, then it slipped when I realized how I'd said that. God, I made that sound like they were throwing the things at me. They weren't, and I promise I'm not conceited either. I sighed a little, wondering how I could be so intelligent yet a complete moron. Let me guess... that 'rig' will end up being used for more than just work? A little gaming on the side maybe? I wasn't inept with it came to computers, but I was still far more into my books.

I laughed at his words, feeling a surge of excitement rather than being offended by them. So he thought he was all that. What? Is being on the field given you a misplaced sense of nostalgia induced confidence, Rupert? I quipped, giving my arms a quick stretch as I spoke. In fact I don't think it will be cute at all and I plan out making you eat those words- I grinned mischievously at him hopping on the spot one. Twice. -because I plan to cheat. I took off then, body already pumped up and raring to go. He might've had a slight height and muscle advantage, but I was also lighter and had really good endurance. I figured he'd easily catch up with a quick burst of speed but that I'd be able to hold my own against him in the long haul.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics