setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Clear Thinking

[Private] Clear Thinking

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Clear Thinking

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Thread Details

Index High School - football field | Cold but clear | early morning

OOC Message
Computer Hope  Smiley face

The morning was crisp, clear and just cold enough that when I opened the front door I felt the last few dregs of drowsiness clear from my mind. I shivered a little, closing the door behind and began to stretch and warm up on the doorstep. I knew that I wouldn't feel cold in after a few minutes of running. Still, it was such a nice morning for a run and a shame that I couldn't convince Lenny to get out of bed and actually come with me. But I had to admit that the times I had gotten him to come had been minor miracles in themselves and I probably shouldn't push my luck. I had felt a little bad for waking him afterwards, and I'd set up the coffee to auto-start, first selecting it to begin in an hour but then amended it to two. Even then I wasn't totally sure if he'd be up before it went cold, but I had a feeling the thought would be appreciated and even warrant a smile.

With my warm up done I hopped off the step, kicking my feet out a couple of times before I actually started off. I'd left my earphones inside because I'd wanted to enjoy the sounds of the early hours on a winter morning like this. Non migratory birds chirped in trees that were bare and still iced over in some places. You could hear them creaking as if in protect, like a crotchety old man complaining about the cold. The thought made me smile to myself as I left my neighborhood and started up on my usual running route. I hadn't meant to even end up with one when I first came to Index, nor had I expected to stay. Even your own home town could surprise you in ways you didn't expect. But it was my home, despite everything and no one could be more surprised with my decision to stay than I had been.

Soon the rhythm of my legs working and my blood pulsing in my ears tuned out any further thought, and it wasn't until I came to the high school's football field that I finally slowed down. I check my watch, noting that I'd made it here in record time. My slightly ragged breathing was definitely a testament to that. Just as I predicted I felt hot as hell, though thankfully not drenched in sweat. For a moment I just stopped and looked around, smiling at the memories this place brought. It was the reason I stopped by every run; to do a few laps around the pitch and relive some good times. I headed for the bleacher since I needed a chance to catch my breath and take a drink before I started my laps. I placed my water bottle on the nearest bench and unzipped my hoody and flapped the loose, transparent top I wore over my sports bra, shuddering a little at the delicious feel of the air on my heated skin. I had no idea why anyone wouldn't enjoying running when it made even the smallest, insignificant thing feel so good.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Clear Thinking

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 am

OOC Message

Listening to this artist

The trees above seemed caught in the crisp air, only birdsong giving testament to the life down the empty road. Back in LA I’d stared at the sidewalk or road as I ran and let my thoughts run away with themselves too, but in Index… The scene up ahead could have been a photograph plucked from an artsy magazine, frost still clinging to a few feathered evergreen branches as the sun continued to chip away at the typical greyness of the morning. There was an ethereal beauty about the place in the earlier hours that never failed to take my breath away.

This was it. This was the reason I’d returned to Index.

I ran on, the jangling of guitars from my earphones a soft background noise in nature. I bought cheap ones on purpose so they didn’t block out sound but faded together with it instead, combining what I loved about the two parts of my life, quiet town and city.

My feet continued hitting the road and then the sidewalk, as I turned off and made for my usual route. I was later than usual and hoped I wouldn’t be interrupting any kids practicing or doing their own morning run. When I first noticed the figure I frowned and planned to run straight past, but my disappointment faded when I recognised the bright red hair. I’d seen the woman out running endless times before and although I’d only seen her in passing I was sure she wasn’t a highschool kid. Usually I only passed her on my way back from the field and I was secretly pleased to finally have the chance to bump into her. Damn all the cute redheads in this town.

As I neared the bleachers I slowed down, blood hammering in my head. I put my water down not too far from the woman’s and took in deep breaths of air, folding my arms behind my head to let my chest expand.   Quote Begin Hey. Quote End  I called in greeting once my breath had eased out, grinning and raising a hand to wave a little. I wondered if she’d recognise me from the times we’d passed each other too.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:10 am

A fresh breeze swept past me and I lowered the sheer top, not wanting to be an idiot and totally loose the heat I'd worked so hard to earn. It was funny how running made you so aware of your own body, of every muscles that needing more work, the blood rushing through your veins and the frantic pounding of your heart. Kind of like sex, except running didn't make me feel flustered just from thinking about it. God, you'd think I was a teen who'd never done it before. Ridiculous. But lately I'd be having that problem, where everything came back to that. I blamed Lenny and the fact that he had no problem asking me questions about my sex life, or lack thereof, and talking about what actors were hot and all those things. Though I was sure he only did it because he found how embarrassed I got at the topic amusing.

My shoulder lifted as a sigh escaped my lips, I needed to just concentrate on running, not let my mind wander into topics that were just going to frustrate me. That's what I'd come out here to do right? Just run and let my mind empty so I could get my overactive mind to quiet down for once. That was part of the pleasure of the whole experience, not over-thinking anything and everything.

The sound of someone approaching brought me out of my thoughts and I felt a sliver of gratitude for whoever it was. It was to easy for me to get lost in my own head and I appreciated being reminded that I wasn't living in my own world. What I didn't expect was the greeting. I turned, looking towards the owner of the voice and feeling an instant spark of recognition. I'd seen this guy pretty often while ran, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't appreciated the view. A view that was even better up close, it seemed. I found myself grinning and waving back. Hey there. I called back, before I decided to satisfy my curiosity.

I picked up my water bottle and walked closer, unscrewing the cap and taking a swig as I did. Yeah, he was definitely the guy I'd seen around. I wiped my thumb across my lips and put the cap back on the bottle and thanked God that I wasn't panting horribly from my earlier exertion. I've seen you run here a few times in the last couple of weeks, right? I asked, giving him another smile.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 am

I wasn’t expecting the redhead to come over – more just a greeting and then we’d part ways as usual. When she started walking towards me I nodded at her and smiled, lowering my arms. I grabbed my bottle and took a quick swig to wet my throat, placing it back down on the bleachers.

She was pretty up close too, even when she’d been running. I smiled at the thought and thanked god for having short cut hair which didn’t get in the way, though I was beginning to notice the uncomfortable dampness of my gear now I’d stopped running.  Quote Begin It has to be the shoes, right? ‘Notice them a mile off. Quote End  I grinned, angling my leg to show them off. Jokes aside, they were one of my favourite pairs or running shoes and I personally loved the colour. I was glad the ice seemed to be broken by the assurance she’d noticed me too.  Quote Begin But yeah, I think we’ve passed each other a few times now. I try get out most mornings, but I’ve got some different routes I go on or sometimes I come earlier. Quote End  I smiled, relaxing slightly into the conversation.  Quote Begin Nothing beats an early morning run, does it? I’m Rupert. Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Maybe it was strange, but seeing him up close had me thinking that he looked familiar from more than just the time we'd run past each other. I was usually quite good with faces, and often recognized people I hadn't seen for years. Or even the one or two memorable occasions I'd figured out a person was closely related to someone I knew, but that was only because the similarities were unmistakable. I definitely wasn't think that with this guy though, I was sure I'd seen him somewhere before.

I resisted the urge to bounce of the spot a few times, my body craving to keep the momentum going as it always did when I was out running. It truly did become addictive once you got past the hard start to it. A few weeks of tired muscles and an unattractive amount of sweat was totally worth it once you got into the swing. The shoes? I asked curiously, lowering my gaze and laughing when I spotted them. Oh yeah, they're definitely eye-catching. But I think if there's any reason I'd notice them it's because they match mine. I turned my own leg to make my shoes more obvious, ones in the same shade of bright green but without the black. Looks like we both have great taste in footwear. I joked, being struck again by a sense of familiarity. I didn't usually speak so freely with a stranger, but then again I didn't feel the slight sense of discomfort I usually did around people I didn't know either.

Oh, yeah that's right, I don't think I've ever seen you run the pitch. Do you do lap it too? I looked around, a smiled playing about my lips as I did. I love running here, it hasn't changed a bit. I shook off the nostalgia and turning my attention back to the handsome man in front of me. It there is anything better then I sure haven't found it yet. I'm Avery. I said, trying not to dwell of the way even his name rung a bell in my memory.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics