setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Familiarity - Page 2

[Private] Familiarity

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Familiarity

Lillium Ainsworth |

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:20 am

While Ms. Shaffer spoke I watched, studied her expression and her movement with what was perhaps more care than was strictly polite. Despite the modest disavowal of her reputation I simply could not refrain from the sense of wonder that I felt in the presence of such an elder. She was alleged to be older than my own Sire, Jonathan, by nearly a century. The things she must have seen and experienced! Even in my own brief un-life after my turning it seemed that society and the world itself were in a constant state of flux; how incredible it must have been to have seen civilizations rise and fall around you, cities built and burned and built again. I wanted to ask her about it, I positively burned to, but I had only just met the woman and I had been curtly informed when I questioned Jonathan that such questions could be considered a gross faux pas.

The slight hint of ennui was something I could relate to, though Ms. Shaffer seemed to have it magnified in accordance with her greater experience, something which saddened me and set me to wondering: did she take enjoyment in the modern age or did everything simply blur together after so long? So many questions and neither the familiarity nor the lack of decorum to ask! I chose instead to ask over the face value of her words themselves. "I imagine so. But perversion? It may be just the lens of my lesser experience, but I prefer to think of it as progression." I turned to more fully face Ms. Shaffer, smiling amiably in the hopes that she would not take my opinion for willful impertinence.

"Surely the subject matter remains constant, but its representation changes. What are pixels but pointilism executed in the medium of light itself? Seurat couldn't have imagined that when he put oil to canvas. While our own kin might produce art in a more unadulterated form, I have to admire the innovations begotten by the cattle." Your inclusive bent if peeking from your words, Lillium Ainsworth. I had ought to be more careful where I tread; my ideas are not always popular with others of my kind. But, perhaps Ms. Shaffer is a progressive vampire herself and I won't be chastised. I duck my head humbly. "Merely an opinion, and one with which I don't mean to offend. And how I do prattle on about art when I am allowed!"

Lilith have mercy on me, I sound like a fool. "Though it may be apropos to the occasion, I have to admit that I came in the hope of meeting you rather than to view the artist's skill. I am new here and find myself wondering if there is anything I ought to know so that I don't cause any sort of conflict with the locals."

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:05 pm

I was sure that any description of myself as a stuffy old bat was only proving itself, not that I would generally care, but this girl was honestly... bold. And as much as I loathed to admit it, it was lonely when those of any species feared you. Yes, fear was respect, and I enjoyed it, appreciated it. But... good god how I craved a simple conversation with a stranger. Someone who either neglected or dismantled any preconceived notions about me and remembered that I wasn't simply an ancient fixture. It was only out of necessity that I built steel walls around my little empire. I found that I once again had to examine her, her expression as she spoke, any mannerisms I could pick up on. I found myself smiling as I listened to her argue her point, and thanking Lilith for that.

As surprising at it may be, I'm not offended, and I don't want to come across as someone so stone-like and averse to change. Perversions are well.. underrated. I can appreciate perversions, in fact, I realized I had perversions of my own, of which were much more inexcusable than faltering or changing an art style. I am sure I have plenty of my own. Without perversions I would still be in some disease infested village. Scratch that - I wouldn't be here. I turned, finally, and took a few paces to my left, where another picture was hung, this one smaller, and the subject was a building. Even with the distortion of the art style, I knew the building. I recognized it as a building that hadn't been intact for at least a century. Sometimes, however, I need reminders.

How I could stare at this building, even though I had never entered this building, I knew I had walked by it before, although never in the light of day. Was it odd that while I wanted to progress my species I still found time to be so sentimental? I finally pulled my focus away. I saddened, a little, and I let it show.

The locals... I'm not sure I'm a very reliable source when it comes to them. I will warn you there seems to be a sizable wolf population in the area. Of which some feel that it is solely my responsibility to "take care of". I suppose the naysayers aren't completely wrong, it isn't that I don't have the ability. When they had Noelle they found that out quickly. And I imagine I lack some sympathy, and frequently forget that they aren't as easy to be dealt with for anyone else. That being said, my goals - my quest for the gift I plan to give my own -will more than make up for the matter.

Back to top Go down

Lillium Ainsworth |

Posted on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:58 pm

Ah-ha, so it seemed as though Ms. Shaffer was more open minded than I had been led to believe. Given her explanation, I began to see what she meant by perversions and, really, was it not the truly appropriate term in some cases? My own included, if I were honest. Others of my kind would gladly label me aberrant given my dealings with those they considered dangerous or lesser. And in fact had, to my face.

"I believe I understand your meaning now. I'm not without perversions myself, I have to admit." I flowed with her to the next work, a building I didn't recognize but judging from the pensive look upon Ms. Shaffer's face, she did. I had to wonder, curiosity welling in the back of my mind and threatening to break from my lips as I wondered if perhaps her words and her tone had a double, much deeper meaning. At but a fraction of her years could I know? Already I felt sentimentality about the things that had come and gone from this world in my brief un-life. What was that to millennia? Yet here seemed to be a woman, a vampire but a woman first, experiencing such a wellspring of emotion that I couldn't help but be heartened. May I live so long I hope that I could be like her and still hold joy and sadness and sentimentality within my still breast.

I was much too thoughtful on this all, and a chilled glass of champagne pressed into my empty hand pulled me back from my wanderings. "Wolves. Wolves I can manage one way or another." I spoke before taking a sip from the flute; cheap sparkling wine but the effervescence was pleasant at least. Bubbles always made my head spin a bit."And our kind? Is there a... a gathering place, I suppose I'm asking. A club or society of some kind?" They weren't uncommon, but one couldn't be so sure in such a small town. I knew that Ms. Shaffer herself resided Seattle and I would hate to travel so for just for a little socialization.

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:16 pm

I wondered just how malleable Ms. Ainsworth was, how many of her views of the world had been chiseled in stone thus far in her life. Not that I intended manipulation, directly, but I was always on the lookout for potential members of a family. I hated the word nest, as if we were filthy rodents. I envisioned a family with not only my own children and theirs, but one peppered with others with experiences different from ours. A fraternization of knowledge and experiences shared and gained. Would Lillium be an appropriate addition? Would she be interested?

I have to commend your initiative, Lillium, I said, taking a step back but my gaze was still on the painting. I took my time with it, analyzing the foliage so that I could obtain a likely time frame for this portrait. I was enjoying Lillium's company, but at some point tonight I would seek this artist.

I can't suffer those who think I am nothing but animal control, At this time I finally turned to her and grinned. But to answer your question, there is a place - Poison. It's nicer than most think, but it accepts the daunting task of trying to cater toward all personalities, so it's a bit of a gamble. I frequent this town, if you are interested, we could exchange contact information.

Back to top Go down

Lillium Ainsworth |

Posted on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Even though it was delivered with a certain amount of detachment, I took the compliment to heart. I got the impression that this was a woman from whom praise was hard won. "Thank you, ma'am. For good or ill, fortune rarely finds someone who sits idly by." While she moved, still studying the painting for some subtle clue to which I was ignorant both of its existence and its meaning I watched this elegant vampiress and wondered once again about her and her motives and her connection to this town.

"Goodness knows you must have enough on your plate running a company without having to discipline mongrels." I returned her grin, surprised at the sudden lack of aloof attitude. So many kept it up far longer than this and the drop, as well as the suggestion that followed, were refreshing. Was she really inviting me out to show me this club personally? I was so utterly gobsmacked for a moment that I just stared. "Of.. Of course! That would be excellent actually." I spoke as I opened my bag and this time fished out one of my cards without hesitation. "There we are. I work from home when I'm not traveling, but the office line is different. But I should almost always be available on my cellular." I explained while handing over the card, all of the information neatly laid out beneath my name and title.

"I have to admit that I'm not the type to frequent such places on my own precisely because of that gamble. But... but I think a night out to meet the locals would be so much better with a good guide." My smile was wide and genuine, enough to touch my eyes. It felt like an accomplishment, to have the endorsement of this elder and the offer of shared company in an environment where we wouldn't have to hide our true natures. Perhaps, after our outing, I could count her as more than 'ally'. It would be nice to have a friend.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics