setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Stay Puft Season

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Thread Details

"Snohomish" River | Overcast | 4:35 p.m.
OOC Message
Outfit w/ black fingerless gloves | Hair + Hat

It wasn't snowing. Wasn't raining either. For once nothing was falling out of the goddamn sky. Fucking miracle or what? There was still a fair amount of snow on the ground though. On my walk to the river I'd even seen some kids bundled up along the way. They looked like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, every fucking one of them. Was there like some secret competition where every mother with a kid under ten tried to see how many layers they could stuff their kid in? Whatever the reason that shit was funny. I'd wondered if they could even get the fuck back up when they fell? Or if they just kinda rolled for a bit or something. 

Maybe I just thought all those layers were fucking redundant was because I didn't really need them myself? Like fuck, wolves ran hot but I'd preferred the cold even before I'd been bitten. Really fucking good training weather, kept you alert and focused. You just had to not be retarded and know when you were out for too long. But now it didn't bother me much at all. The first proper cold snap could be a total bitch but after that I adjusted and it wasn't so bad. Like yeah you might need gloves but that was for comfort more than anything as far as i was concerned. 

After walking on for another couple of minutes I spotted an area of the river that looked fucking cool. Frozen branches with ice caking them, weighed down and dipping low towards the river, some of them having even interlaced and been stuck like that. It'd be a good sketch but I hadn't brought anything with me, not even my phone to take a picture. Fuck it.

I took a couple of steps back and leant against a tree, frowning as I studied the scene and tried to commit it to memory. Fuck, it was never as good as when you drew from a picture or memory. On the other hand there was no fucking way I was hauling my ass all the way back to my place just to get some paper and shit. At that point my ear caught the dim sound of something scrambling along a branch up above. I immediately dismissed it as a non-threat. Probably just a bird or a squirrel or whatever. My concentration returned to the iced branches until I could hear it again, time time followed a weird, wet... slipping sound? 

Before I even had chance to react or look up I felt the snow fall against the top of my head and the back of my neck. I froze for a second as some even slid under the neck of my top, trailing the most fucking unpleasant feeling down my back. I looked up, spotting a flash of brown before it disappeared, probably is a goddamn hole or something. You little fucker! I yelled, yanking off my hat and shaking the snow from it before jamming in back on my head. I growled in frustration, still glaring at the spot it'd vanished. Fucking pest. I kicked out at the tree, then yelled as I had to jump clear of more falling snow. Fuck it.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Stay Puft Season

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 pm

I needed an assistant. The kind that didn't really do anything but warn me when the mate wanted to have a talk so I could make sure to disappear before she could find me. Hell, I would even pay someone to fill that role if there was anyone I could fucking trust to do the job right. Unfortunately she could always find me, hell anyone could. Apparently I had a scent, which I guess I knew I did because Odin did. It didn't exactly blend in with the scent of the other wolves either so hide and seek wasn't really a game I could ever win.

Why the fuck do you keep rubbing your stomach? She gave me one of those looks, the kind of look I would get when I said something that pissed her off, like she was waiting for me to reverse fucking time and take it back. Sorry, I wasn't the one with that ability, and the only wolf that did have that ability left with her tail between her legs so there was nothing I could fucking do about it.

''Think Onyx, think real hard and maybe you'll get it.'' I rolled my eyes and picked up a rock to skip it across the calm part of the river. If you're trying to tell me you ate a bad burrito then congratulations, I don't give a fuck. I didn't make eye contact, I just reached down to pick up another rock and threw it across the river. ''I'm pregnant you fucking oaf. And you know what, there's a reason you didn't know, there's a reason you didn't sense it the moment it happened like you should have.'' Her tone became increasingly bitter and she stepped forward to whisper into my ear. ''It isn't yours.''

I didn't reply, I didn't make eye contact. I did pause for a moment, maybe I was soaking in what she had just told me, but eventually I went right back to skipping rocks, and didn't say a word. ''You're fucking hopeless'' I could hear her turning to walk away and I made a face like I had just stubbed my toe before turning around. You remember our deal? Right? Not a fucking word. It is mine. She gave me the silent treatment this time and disappeared into the woods.

I started skipping rocks again, though my throwing technique was becoming increasingly aggressive. I didn't even fucking know why. This was a good thing. The wolves were beginning to have their doubts about me... Fulfilling my role entirely, and reproducing so this was a really fucking good thing. I mean there was no fucking way they would know the kids weren't mine. Only her and whoever was stupid enough to get her pregnant would know. This was really a good thing. Fuck I kinda wanted to tell Orion about this but it felt like he'd been avoiding me for the past few weeks. Who knew what crawled up his ass and died.

''You little fucker!'' What the fuck? I knew the voice the second the first word was spoken. It was a bit in the distance but I knew it. Either it was really fucked coincidence, or she had been spying. Something told me it was coincidence, she didn't seem like the type that would give a fuck about eavesdropping on Ophiuchus. I followed the voice, not really knowing why. My feet had minds of their own and before my mind could even object I saw her.

Talking to yourself? This is a new low for you.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Y'know, there were probably only two people I really fucking wouldn't want to see what had just happened. Both for two completely differently reasons.

The first was Bruce Lee. Maybe that was a kinda stupid thing to think seeing as he was dead and all and I didn't personally know him. But the man was a fucking legend. Total badass, way fucking cooler than Chuck Norris or Van Damme. He could kick you ass seven ways to Sunday before you even realized what was going on. Stealthy and graceful like a fucking panther or something. A master like that seeing me doing something as stupid as getting pissed at a rodent would be be so beyond cringe worthy.

The second was my alpha and that was because he was an ass. Not because I'd be embarrassed or something fucking equally stupid but just because I didn't want him to have something to hold over my head and act fucking smug about. That was a bit of stress I could really do without.

So yeah, of course it was Onyx who was the only other fucking person in the woods to see it happen. I'd scented him before he even said a word, but some part of me had just hoped he'd come nowhere near me. Another futile fucking wish. I froze at his words, then whipped around to glare at him. Who the hell said I was talking to myself? Oh fucking way to go Peyton, because talking to a fucking squirrel was sooo much better. I groaned and kicked at one of the clumps of fallen snow, trying to ignore the fact that I wasn't as pissed about this as I should be. Whatever that fucking meant.

I shoved my hands in my pockets and took a couple of steps towards him, sensing that he was in a pissy mood but when the hell wasn't he? Fuck, I didn't like that I knew the answer to that too. There were a few times we'd just talked about music and shit when we should've been training. He was slightly more tolerable then and it still fucking surprised me that his music taste didn't suck. Or that he didn't totally fucking suck all the time either. I smirked over at him. What the hell crawled up your ass and made you so bitchy today anyway? Yeah, maybe it was a fucking stupid question but I couldn't think of anything I'd done in the last thirty seconds that would have him pissed with me. Unless he was fucking Lord Protector of the Squirrels. The thought was stupid but my smirk twitched, in danger of becoming an actual grin.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:46 am

Chill the fuck out, I was joking. I said as I mindlessly reached forward to dust some snow off her shoulder. When I realized what I was actually doing I awkwardly stopped and shoved my hands in my pockets. I just had a chat with your spiritual leader. I replied to her question, even though I didn't owe her an explanation for anything. Then again telling her what I had just told her was probably enough for her to understand. It wasn't like Ophiuchus had a reputation for putting people in good moods. That reputation obviously didn't fucking apply to idiots with dicks.

'The fuck you doing out here anyway? I didn't really run into wolves here. Then again it had been a long time since the riverbanks were scattered with my footprints. I guess it was more of a place I liked to visit before I was turned. Go figure. Actually, who the hell were you talking to? Fuck was she here with someone? It was hard to detect a scent, then again Ophiuchus' hooker perfume was still potently sticking to my clothes. I probably wouldn't be able to sense any other scent for at least a week.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:02 am

Oh, he was joking? Fuck well it was hardly my fault for not knowing that, not like he went around cracking jokes on a regular basis or whatever. Still now that I knew it was a joke I kinda, fuck it, I felt less defensive around him honestly. Something I'd started to become more accustomed to around him and I still wasn't sure how I to fucking react to that. Crummy joke. I muttered, then smirked. Next time I think your brain needs to tell your voice when you're kidding around. I joked, figuring that if he hadn't already gotten offended then maybe I was in the clear.

For a second when his hand reached out I thought, fuck maybe I had gone too far and he was about to deck me. But I'd dismissed that idea quickly, before he'd brushed snow off my shoulder. Weird. But even weird was that I realized him doing that didn't even bother me. It was just fucking snow, I told myself. I folded my arms across my chest, groaning a little in sympathy at the mention of her. Fuck, you've only mentioned her name and I already feel like I'm getting a headache. I threw him a quick grin and looked around, thinking of how much it'd fucking suck to have the tranquility of this place ruined by Ophiuchus. If you weren't having a shitty day before that I'd say you definitely are now, huh? I know I fucking would be. I rolled my eyes, thinking that if I were in his shoes and actually had to talk to that twat on a regular basis I'd probably shoot myself.

Huh? Fuck, for a second I'd actually forgotten why I'd even been out here. This was the place I came to think things through, especially if it was something kinda important, but I wasn't sure I was ready to tell him that. Eh, just walking y'know. It looks pretty fucking sweet with all the ice and shit. You? Or did you come here you'd have better things to focus on than whatever Ophiuchus was talking about. Or bitching about. I shrugged and was trying to figure out the best way of changing subject before he- oh fuck, he'd asked. That was exactly what I'd wanted to avoid. 

If I avoided saying anything there was a high chance it'd seem like it was worse than what actually happened, but the truth was still pretty fucking embarrassing. Fuck it, I wasn't some pussy who blushed just because they'd been caught doing something stupid. Nah, I wasn't talking to anyone. Fucking rodent made a load of snow fall on me. I can still feel the shit melting on my back too. Talking about it just made me notice it more, in a really fucking irritating way. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and shook it up a few times, a clump of unmelted snow actually falling out. Ugh, top feels like absolute shit now. Fuck it.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics