setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Chapter Two of Gwen's Fairy Tale - Page 2

[Private] Chapter Two of Gwen's Fairy Tale

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Chapter Two of Gwen's Fairy Tale

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:40 pm

I hoped Diana wouldn't come off as too intimidating. She was probably one of the nicest vampires I had ever met, and that was rare, especially for her age. Of course she was vain, and of course she wanted everything to always be perfect, at all times, but I couldn't imagine her harming anyone. Oh she is, I promise. Maybe next time we'll have the chance to speak to her a little longer. She has so many stories to tell. I smiled, and felt truly happy that she was enjoying herself, because somehow I felt the need to keep her from any harm or any situation similar to the one I took her from.

She asked me to dance and I nodded. Without hesitation I took her hand and led her to the main area of the room, to what seemed to be like the dance floor. The music played, its tunes instantly filling my mind and linking themselves to the memories I had of dancing.

When we stepped on the dance floor, the previous song came to an end. Preparing for the next one I took Gwyneth's hand, placed it on my shoulder and placed mine on her back while I held her other hand with mine. The pianist started playing a slow waltz and I carefully began the dance and led her around the room. I noticed every detail there was to be noticed. The way she seemed so shy, yet was strikingly beautiful, the smell of her hair and the movement of her dress as we spun around the room. And then her eyes through that mask, her gorgeous eyes. And her beating heart... the flow of her blood, it had the opportunity to drive me absolutely insane but I wouldn't let it. I couldn't let it. I had full control over every urge in my body yet Gwyneth had a slightly different effect on me than any woman I had ever met after Ylva disappeared out of my life. I suddenly noticed that I hadn't even thought about Ylva for weeks.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:36 pm

I hoped that I hadn't appeared too uncomfortable around Diana, but even if she wasn't a vampire I was still new, I was still an outsider. But the idea was growing on me that I didn't want to be an outsider here. I wanted to come back. I wanted to be known here, and be comfortable here. This place was a dream and I wanted to live in a dream. And I didn't mind if I was Ásgeirr's "arm candy". That was fine by me. I would love to hear them all, I admitted.

I was sure he could feel how I tensed when his hand rested on my back. I didn't want him to assume it was a reaction of fear, but then what was the alternative? It wasn't fear. I think I'd been trying to talk myself into being afraid of Ásgeirr this whole evening, and I just couldn't. My brain said I needed someone to knock some sense into me, but I obviously didn't want that. My grip on his hand tightened as we began to move, and as intricate and elaborate as the decor of the room was, my eyes found his through his mask. Even though his black, heavy looking mask should have given him a menacing look, I couldn't look away.

And for a strange, brief moment, I thought of Eli. How different the two were! The arrangement between Eli and myself might have been just that - an arrangement, but I found at the time that I was very comfortable with it, even excited. He was so different than I was, and I'd always hoped Eli would break my shell. Eli to me symbolized youth, and I had this idea that his personality would never age, even if he did. But Ásgeirr... Ásgeirr was a man. And God how cheesy that sounded, and maybe I was reading too far into this, but how could I not read into this romantically? I couldn't help but to already see him as my strong protector, someone who already had me on a pedestal. But why?

And now I began not to just look at him, stare, gaze, whatever you would call it, but now I watched him. I attempted to read him. I wondered how much of my blushing cheeks my mask would cover, because he seemed just as entranced with me as I was with him. Maybe it wasn't literal, but I swear my heart was hammering at the wall of my chest. I thought about my lips, and I looked at his. How many thoughts went through my mind in such a brief amount of time? Our height difference was there, even with my heels... would he meet me? If I tried? How much of a hint on my part would it take for him to meet me halfway - or would he reject me? Could I take that? I already felt so lost. But I wanted nothing more than to be closer. With so many things on my mind, the twirling motion of the dance made me almost dizzy. I looked again to his eyes, hoping my question was burning in them. My lips slightly parted, I moved to close the already slight gap between us. My hand that had rested on the small of his back pressed, and I started, oh so slightly, to put my weight on my toes.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:09 am

Even I hadn't heard all of Diana's stories. As much as I had wanted to, Nuicaché still held some secrets for me. No one could ever unravel them in one human lifetime. I was glad I had the chance to live out several. Oh I'll make sure you will. Maybe I could tell a few stories of my own, later.

I gazed towards the bar as we danced in circles. Something inside me tried to tell me something. A voice calling for nourishment. I had not taken any blood before we left the house. It was hunger. I was glad I had as much control over it as I did. I moved my gaze back to Gwyneth, with her gorgeous blonde hair, and I thought it was almost a shame that her face had to be hidden behind a mask. But then I felt something else. Fear. It had occurred to me that my senses had heightened whilst we danced and something about that made me doubt my control over myself. Just a moment ago I was sure that I wouldn't let the hunger take over, but the more we danced, the more we twirled, the more the world disappeared around us... The sound of her heartbeat grew louder, almost like the beat of a song it rumbled through my head.

But I couldn't pull away. It was like I was stuck, but it was far from uncomfortable. For a human she had a surprising amount of control over me, even if she didn't know it. I pulled her closer, but only a little bit. So little that she probably didn't notice but for me it was like we were only inches apart. She was a lot smaller than me so I had to look down and as I did her eyes met mine.

She moved closer to me, her lips hovering right in front of mine. This girl, who I barely knew, did so much to me that I felt like a little boy. And so I closed the gap. My lips crashing onto hers as I pulled her close, closer than before, so there was no more space between us. I could hear her heartbeat speed up, the sound moving through my body so fast that it was almost like I had a heartbeat of my own. The sound of her flowing blood... her blood. The sweet, intoxicating scent of her blood. I had to have it. My lips left hers, leaving a trail of kisses right to the nape of her neck, my lips parted...

And then I pulled away. My head moving from side to side. No... no... no... My fangs clicked back. No one had seen us but it felt like I had been exposed. Gwyneth we should go. I spoke, already making my way through the crowd. The I turned back to her. Listen... Hugo is right outside. I... I have to go.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:37 pm

My fingers curled and pulled at his jacket as his lips touched mine. I had forgotten for a brief moment all about what he was, and that we were not alone. I felt as if I could disappear into him. When his lips touched my neck I shivered, and I felt an electric sensation that shot directly from his touch to my groin. His lips began to open, and I was curiously surprised, expecting the wet warmth of his mouth. For someone as polished and refined as he - to get this... intense in a crowd... until it hit me that when he bit it probably wouldn't be a "play" bite. My mind went blank, but he stopped before anything happened. I found myself paralyzed as he began to dash away, pleading that we needed to go.

And all I could think was that I wished he had done it. Was it some kind of suicidal fantasy? Did I want to die? I never welcomed death, but this would have been such a glorified way to go. I felt saddened and stupid, but I gave myself a mental slap to wake myself and I reluctantly followed, without speaking a word.

I followed to the car, where Hugo seemed surprised to see us so early. I waited for Ásgeirr to cue me in to what I should do, but I thought about offering to call a cab for myself - and to go somewhere else. I wasn't a fool, I knew why this had happened, and while it showed that he had no ill intentions toward me, I couldn't help but to feel robbed of something. I knew it was selfish. But I didn't care. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked to the ground.

I'm sorry, I muttered, finally.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:07 pm

There we were, standing outside in the cold, which didn't bother me. Hugo waited. I kept myself at a distance as I watched her standing there, obviously hurt in some way but I just couldn't comfort her, I couldn't come close. Not for a while at least. My feelings for this girl were those of a boy, not the feelings of a man my age. I should have know better yet she managed to waken that boy inside me. I wanted to welcome it more than anything but the fear of hurting her stopped me right there, that evening.

Don't be. I spoke. I beckoned her to step inside the car. Hugo walked over to her and opened the doors for her. Go home, get some rest. Hugo will get you anything you need. I will probably see you tomorrow evening. Hugo nodded to Gwyneth as to tell her that I was right, to comfort her. He helped her into the car and then went to the driver's side. He looked back at me, his eyes full of worry. "Don't be foolish, Ásgeirr." Hugo spoke before he got into the car. "I expect you to come back tonight. And if you're smart, you will." I simply nodded. Hugo was more than just one of my helpers. He had been with me since he was a young man. He knew me better than anyone and he was capable of ruining me if he wanted to. This was one of those nights where he used that as leverage.

As the car drove away, together with Gwyneth and the sound of her heartbeat, I felt myself growing calmer. My hunger remained. I needed to feed. And then I was gone.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics