setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Chapter Two of Gwen's Fairy Tale

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gwen

Gwyneth Mathiasen | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Thread Details

Nuicaché, a kind of exclusive lounge | Dry, but cold | Early night, nine thirty or so.

OOC Message
Appearance: One, Two. Mask

It reminded me even more of my father, but not directly him. No, more so it reminded me of the life I expected to have once I "came of age". As the child of the family, I wasn't chauffeured around as my father was, which was my mother's decision. She wanted me to at least have a taste of normalcy, or what she thought was normal. I always just figured it was a luxury I would get once I became an adult. But that didn't exactly happen either.

I expected the leather interior to be cold, but they had been heated up artificially before I'd even taken a seat. Even said, and even with the mahogany detailing, the interior of the car was cold. Intricate, expensive, but cold. Like the car had just been driven off the lot. No signs that this car was ever used. Exquisite, expensive, dark, and lonely. I couldn't help but to think of the same words when I watched Ásgeirr enter the car. I kept my eyes on him for a brief moment, thinking of those descriptive words but also that he seemed like a powerful man. In a way, I felt powerful too. I felt blindingly attractive, thanks to Ásgeirr and Julia. My heels came with a confidence boost. My posture was straight, my legs were crossed at the shins, and I turned my gaze now away from Ásgeirr and out the window.

It didn't take long for his driver to get us there, which surprised me. I didn't expect there to be such a place in Index. I didn't think this place would have the population to support a place like this. But then again Index was an ever growing town, and maybe if they wanted a place like this to be a well kept secret, it would be better to be hidden in a smallish town like this.

I was assisted up out of my seat in the car, and I stood, tall with the assistance of my heels and a straightened back. I remembered the tricks I'd taught myself, growing up with formal events being a normal thing - if you act like you belong there, then you do. Confidence was a choice. I know I certainly wasn't born with it. But I could easily put on a good front. I did people watch, just for a brief time, looking at the other elegant gowns and elaborate masks. I caught a few eyes on myself, as well. I formed a small, closed smile, and waited for Ásgeirr to take my arm.

Forgive me for asking. Is this a society? A club? Or just a place where anyone can come and feel beautiful for a night?

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Chapter Two of Gwen's Fairy Tale

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:55 am

OOC Message
Suit  -  Mask

I was quiet the whole ride to Nuicaché. I wasn't nervous but it had been a long time since I had been out of the house to do something else than have dinner.

The car stopped in what seemed a regular, but wealthy, residential area with townhomes. There wasn't a sign that there was a lounge or bar anywhere but I stepped out and made my way to the other side of the car where I helped Gwyneth get out and took her arm. It's whatever you want it to be. I said with a small smile. I waved Hugo goodbye as he left and started walking. It's the third house on the right. I spoke and we ended up at a red door. It seemed like just a regular door, with a doorbell, and a house number. I took the heavy door in my hand and knocked 5 times in a special rhythm. The door swung open, but no one was there. I smiled at Gwyneth. Let's go Once Iinside I walked up the stairs, being careful to help Gwyneth with her high heels. There was a door at the end. As we reached the top of the stairs, someone, also in a mask opened and smiled. "Why, good evening Mister Haagan" he made a little bow and beckoned us to walk through.

The room was a lot bigger than one would expect. It was huge and seemed to cover at least the upper floor of 4 townhomes. The inside looked exactly like one would expect from a lounge, but it was very luxurious. There was a piano with live music, a bar, several sofa's and seats and everyone seemed to mix and mingle and have a good time. The only catch was that everyone was unknown to one another. There wasn't a soul without a mask but something about it was strangely comforting. Can I offer you anything to drink? I asked Gwyneth as I gave her some time to look around.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Even with the moderately upscale housing, I was nervous, anxious. No signs, no hint that this was anything else unless you were to catch the masked entrants. My heart began to flutter as I carefully walked up the steps, arm in arm with my risky hero. With every minute I felt myself falling further into the rabit hole. It took me a moment to remember that I had entered a townhome, directly connected to others - and until that moment I truly believed something magical had happened. I had stepped through some portal, perhaps even back in time. I randomly noticed how perfectly I could hear the piano - the acoustics had been planned, no echo to it, no fading into the background but it wasn't obtrusive either. Everything about this place had been careful.

Not yet, but thank you. I was still on my guard, I still didn't know what (other than alcohol) could be in my drink, whether Ásgeirr planted it or not. I wanted to be alert. Or did I? Maybe I wanted whatever tragic fate this was leading to. Wasn't it better than dying alone shriveled up in a hospital bed? Ending on a note like this - it was a morbidly beautiful thought. I was already falling into the fantasy.

Ásgeirr, I whispered, my fingers gripping slightly onto his arm. The fabric of his suit had a luxurious feel - sturdy yet soft. I felt his arm - the hardness of it resting beneath the material, and it excited a part of me. I immediately cursed myself. Are there... others here? I hoped it was clear I wasn't asking if we were the only people present. I wasn't blind and I could see the others, some already dancing, a woman in a dress of emerald green and trimmed with black and gold and a matching mask laughing and holding up a flute of champagne in a toast to a gentleman in a black and red suit. A woman in a slender gold dress and black mask watching the piano player in awe, and so forth. I'm sorry if I'm a bit anxious.

Back to top Go down

Ásgeirr Haagan | Vampire; Senior

Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:30 am

I nodded when she politely declined my offer for a drink. A waiter brought me a glass of my favorite red wine, the one I always used to drink when I attended Nuicaché. Carefully I led Gwyneth to a seat where we sat down. Maybe I would ask her to dance at one point, but the location could be mesmerizing and it often took a while for one to get used to the surroundings.

When she said my name I looked at her. Her warm fingers gripped my arm, her touch almost startling me. She asked me a question I had seen coming somehow, but that didn't mean it was unjustified. There are definitely a lot less beating hears than there are people in this place, if that is what you are asking me. But you needn't worry, only the old ones attend here. Old vampires often had much better control over their appetites and some didn't even have to feed all that often.

No need to apologize, Gwyneth. Nuicaché can be quite intimidating to some. But trust me, you blend in just nicely. The way you look tonight you will only stand out due to your beauty. I grinned and scanned my surroundings. On the other side of the room, a wealthy man shared a drink with a woman he had just met, much younger than he was but she seemed to be genuinely interested in him. Close to them, a woman was celebrating her new engagement on her own. The things you could read without ever seeing anyone's face... this place only proved to me that there was so much more that lay behind a mask. Literally, in this case.

A black haired woman wearing a long, silver dress made her way to me and smiled. At first I had no clue as to who she was until she took my hand and made a little bow. "Asger, how nice to see you again." She spoke, her British accent thick. There was no way she could ever pronounce my name right and I smiled when I thought about it. Diana, I see you haven't changed a thing here. Diana nodded and looked around herself. "I don't think it needs any change, do you?" I shook my head and laughed, as did Diana. I stepped aside then and took Gwyneth's hand. I'd like you to meet my guest, Gwyneth. Diana smiled and shook Gwyneth's hand. "Why, you look gorgeous. Welcome to Nuicaché, darling. But Asger my dear, I have to go make a little round and speak to the guests. Have a nice evening." She said, and then she was gone.

That's Diana, the owner. I explained to Gwyneth. I think she's over a 1000 years old, she never tells anyone, she's a little vain. I think she has lived most of her days in England.

Back to top Go down

Gwen

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:17 pm

It didn't take long for me to regret my decision to turn down the drink. How did I think that being on my toes mattered? If one of these creatures wanted me, they would have me. Maybe Ásgeirr would protect me, but I still couldn't figure on why. Was it really the story of my beauty? He had lived many lives worth, and surely I wasn't pretty enough to stand out that much. At this point, I knew I was in deep, and I couldn't decide whether I'd simply given in or if his spell had worked. I smiled, and I knew I had to be blushing - I could feel the warmth in my cheeks. I searched the room, trying to see what he saw, lots of elegant... "people" gaily conversing with each other, laughing, drinks in hand. For a brief moment I had the strange thought that even "monsters" deserved this kind of happiness. But it wasn't long before I felt the need to bring Ásgeirr back into my view. He was an anchor of sorts, when the real world for me seemed to be crumbling into pieces and this world that surrounded me now made me feel as if I was floating - I could do nothing but cling to him.

I looked at him, I wanted to speak, and I was about to, even without an idea of what to say, when a beautiful woman in silver approached him. I listened, nodded, smiled, and finally pushed words from my chest. Thank you, so much. I had to have sounded like a mere mouse to her. I turned back to Ásgeirr, thankful that she'd left, more because I'd never felt so shy in my life. And yet it was all so fascinating that I wouldn't say that I wasn't enjoying myself. I smiled.

She seems nice. It's lovely, here, Ásgeirr. I felt a slight stirring in my chest when I looked at him, really looked at him. I wanted to touch him again, I wanted that feeling of strength I'd felt simply touching his arm. What would it feel like to dance with him? To be close?
Can we dance? I think I would really like that. I stood up, not wanting to chance further awkward conversation since I was shy and apparently mesmerized. I straightened my posture, and reached out a hand.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics