setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Triage - Page 2

[Private] Triage

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Triage

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:47 pm

I shake my head,  Quote Begin Nope. The pain subsided about a minute before the ambulance arrived. I told the paramedics I was fine but they insisted on bringing me in, and yes. Quote End I told her everything, but left out one little detail that I didn't think would be a big deal. The mark has no connection to my chest pain, nor do I want it to be brought to the surface. As he stands up, pulling the stethoscope from his neck, I know the drill and straighten my back. I nod, his words go in one ear and out the other, and take a deep breath. I've had this procedure done a hundred times, when you see a doctor pull out the stethoscope, you know the drill. I'm relieved when he places the bell against the material of my sweatshirt, my scar shall remain a secret. I continue to take deep breaths as he steps to the front and places the bell on my chest while remaining silent, in hopes of speeding the process so I can get the hell out of here. I oblige, but just as I am about to return to steady breathing, I inhale sharply as he lifts up my sweatshirt...Revealing my scar. Shit, shit, shit.

Quote Begin I-It's nothing, really. Just a scar... Quote End I say hesitantly, brushing my hand against his as I replace it with mine and pull my sweatshirt down. No way was I going to get away by saying I fell off my bike onto a giant boulder which caused my intestines to gush out. It's very clear that this doctor isn't oblivious. I bring the inside of my lip between my teeth, preparing myself to have some explaining to do.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 pm

I heard her heart rate increase - a lot. I had struck a nerve, and there was something intoxicating about that. A button I had inadvertently pressed and I was enjoying the result more than I should. Before the river I might have felt an ounce of guilt. Now I was planning on how to find the next button. How to dig deeper without taking the obvious route. It was a slow night at work, and I wanted to play.

I understand, Ms... I paused to quickly glance at the name on her hospital arm band. Rin. I gave her temporary relief by stepping back, reclaiming my seat in my chair. I lifted my right leg and rested my foot on my left knee, and rested my clipboard on that. It's clear something happened, some trauma. The physical nature of the trauma shouldn't be directly related to your current pain - but psychologically... I let the thought trail off. A lot of people, especially older people hated hearing that word. I didn't know how she would react to it, although that wasn't me attempting to push any new buttons. It was just my honest truth while I contemplated just what I could do. I could compel her; Noelle had taught me that. But that didn't seem good for anything of entertainment value. What was I going to do, make her dance around like a chicken? I wasn't sure if I could for sure compel people to tell the truth. Did I want to make her tell me?

No. Wait. It was time for an experiment. Just how was I going to do this? I relaxed, placed my clipboard on the bedside table, placed my feet back down on the ground as I looked at her sympathetically. Can I assume you have a lot of anxiety? You have a history, and you have a present, and it's hard to deal with both. I stood up. Are you okay? I know it's kind of cold back here, can I get you something to eat or drink?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:00 am

Why couldn't he have just put the bell inside my sweatshirt pocket, he did it for every other area. Did he even state he was going to check my stomach? The pain is in my chest, not my stomach...Although I do remember him mentioning something about my abdomen, so that's on me for not listening carefully. But still, it is my chest that is in pain, not my abdomen! This could have all been avoided.

My posture had returned to a slouchy position as he returned to the chair. I could tell he was going to further this conversation, a conversation I really didn't want to get into tonight, or ever. I clear my throat before starting, Quote Begin Yes, something did happened. But some trauma, would be an understatement. Quote End He was right, no point in trying to deny it. I was no where near the same after what had happened, I couldn't just brush it off and move on, it's going to be something that will always hang over my shoulder. I ran my fingers over the scab wound on the palm of my hand as I try to compose myself. I would very much love to go home right about now, but knowing doctors, they aren't going to stop until they get the answers they desire.

I nod in regard to having anxiety, it wasn't always this bad, but it definitely heightened after the incident. Quote Begin I'm fine. It's just a topic I don't feel comfortable talking about. Could I get a herbal tea? Quote End I ask as I rub massage my temple. The feeling of my brain pounding against my skull had begun to worsen, in times like this is when a herbal tea is desperately appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Admittedly I was incredibly relieved when she wasn't insulted by the mention of anxiety and psyche related things. Younger people were definitely more open to that idea, older people still held the notion that such things were to be stigmatized and pushed away. I'd give her points for making my night a little easier, but I still... was just so curious.

Don't worry, I don't need specifics, if it's not something you want to talk about, and I'm not going to keep you overnight or anything, but I'm not ready to discharge you, either. I grabbed the clipboard again, wrote a few things down - orders for labs, more to cover myself legally than anything else. With my plan, she could be having the most massive myocardial infarction imaginable and she would be fine. I wasn't even going to bother with an EKG.

I have to apologize, I'm pretty sure the cafeteria is closed, but we do have.. well regular tea, and then we have a few snacks - tomato soup, jello, crackers. Not much, but I'd feel better if you relaxed until we ran a few tests. Tea and soup maybe? While we wait on labs to come back?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:50 pm

From the tone of his voice, I assumed the examine was done and I could go home. Relief washes over me as I scoot to the edge of the bed and place both feet on the ground, and push myself up but freeze, Quote Begin Wait, what do you mean you're not ready to discharge me? What else is there to do? Quote End I plop back down on the bed, my mouth slightly agar as I glance down at him writing on his clipboard, trying to make out what he is writing. Part of me was hoping he would rule my condition as anxiety, since that's how every other doctor concluded, and call it a night. But he insisted on lengthening my visit.

Quote Begin Tests? How many are we talking about here, Doc? It's a little difficult for me to relax when I am now spending more time than I would like here, my least favorite place, when I'd rather be home reading on my bed. Quote End I stress out, my breathing lightly shakes. I don't understand why I'm getting so worked up, he is only trying to determine why I suffer from these pains. I should be appreciated, he is the only doctor to try and bring me closure. Besides, I haven't eaten all day and I am staving. Quote Begin I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, this place just brings the worse out of me. Tea and soup sounds lovely, thank you. Quote End 

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics