setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Triage - Page 4

[Private] Triage

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Triage

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:52 pm

I continued to down the soup spoonful after spoonful. The metallic taste had finally subsided, which raised the question as to what caused such flavor. The noises from the hall erupt as the door opens, I glance up expecting Dr. Reese but instead a young nurse holding a cup with the aroma of tea. I let out a sigh of relief as I take the tea from her. Thank you so much... I trail off for a moment, squinting my eyes at her name tag. ..Candy, thank you. I smile shyly at her as she takes her exit. I really need to schedule an appointment for my eyesight, she was standing right in front of me and I still couldn't read her name tag. I bring the rim of the styrofoam cup to my lips, allowing the warm sweetness to trickle down my throat. I lick my lips, that was much needed. I place the cup to the side and pick the spoon back up. 

After several more spoonfuls, I could see the bottom of the bowl. Instead of using the spoon, I decide to finish it up by drinking directly from the bowl. That familiar metallic taste brushes against my upper lip. I set the bowl back down and push the tray aside. I trail my finger along my lips.

I glance around the room for a clock. It feels like I have been here for hours. I spot the time across the room above the door, 9:38 pm. I slouch back against the headboard, closing my eyes and wondering how much longer I'll be trapped here. It took me a moment to process that I could tell the time from a clock that is across the room. My eyes spring open as I sit up and take another glance at the clock, 9:40 pm; and I didn't even have to squint.  Freaky. I mutter to myself. I turn my head to the sound of crisp and clear footsteps nearer my room, then he walks in. 

And I'm oddly intrigued by his presence.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Her pupils were dilated, and that alone was enough to make me feel... strangely powerful. I knew something had to be going on already. Man, I would kind of kill to know more behind this. Was there a science behind this all? There had to be, I wanted there to be since I was in no way at all religious or superstitious. And I knew how funny that had to sound coming from a "supernatural" creature. What the hell was life anymore? This change in my life added a dimension of control while taking away another.

How was the soup? I smile and take a seat again at the chair at bedside. Your labs are back, and they're fine. I took a somewhat bold action and rested my hand on top of hers, an act that outwardly looked like it is meant to calm, but I know it should alert her to her heightened sensation. I could feel the excitement growing in myself, and inconveniently, I also realized that I was hungry. I withdrew my hand and sat back, partly to give her some space but also to remove me from my own temptation. I smelled the tea on her tray table before I saw it.

I see Candi remembered your tea.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:59 am

I don't know how long I was staring at him before it occurred to me that he had asked a question. I peel my eyes from his and shake my head, clearing my throat before having to meet those emerald eyes of his once more. It was, uh...Really good. I shift on the bed as he takes a seat next to me. It was a relief to hear about the lab results, although I begin to question those results now that I have acquired pristine vision all of a sudden. An electrical charge of what feels like a thousand WATS obliterates all over the depths of my insides when I felt his touch, causing me to gasp. What the actual hell has come over me? I should not be feeling like this, should I? No, I definitely shouldn't be feeling like this...I don't even know, this is so fucking strange. When he pulls his hand away, a part of me whimpers for him to put it back. 

She did, she seems nice. It's like a whole new world with crystal clear vision. I notice the speck of freckles along his cheekbones to the dark bags under his eyes, probably due to late hours spent here unless he's a party animal by nightfall which I highly doubt. I would have never noticed those little details before. Thank you by the way, for the tea and soup. My eyes begin to wander down his chest to his abdomen, I bring my lower lip between my teeth as I imagine him naked and...- I stop myself from further thoughts, closing my eyes for a moment as my cheeks flushed scarlet.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:33 am

I knew the look, and honestly I remembered feeling like she did. When I woke up from thinking I had died in the river. Well in a sense I guess I had died. It took longer than I'd like to admit for me to realize that I wasn't in the afterlife. That this new heightened sensation wasn't some kind of twisted dimension I'd arrived in after I'd given up in the water. I had to take some time before coming back to work, time to figure out how to pretend I wasn't constantly being overwhelmed with senses. Pretend I couldn't hear it when someone blinked their eyes. I wasn't sure, but I thought that if I tried hard enough, I could see things on a cellular level.

Of course it didn't take long for me to realize what benefits I would gain once I'd gotten this all under control. Aside from work, which I was sure I would be able to pick up scents of things after I learned them, maybe see or smell an infection before labs could pick it up, smell cancer like apparently some dogs can. But that wasn't even the first on my list. Apparently a part of me was still human, the human I was before. I wanted to feel great fucking sex. I wanted to know just what new things I could feel, just how different it would be. But I needed to learn some control first... in so many ways. This wasn't the time, but good god it was tempting, especially when I saw the tell-tale sign that I could be in - the lip biting. It took all I had not to steal her away. She was gorgeous, and she wasn't bright and bubbly, either, which was something I just couldn't stand. If I remembered right, we would always be connected now, so I would wait.

You're welcome, Ms. Rin, any time. I'll have them get your discharge papers, that is, if you're still just dying to get out of here. I smiled, this time a corner pulling up in a smirk while I studied her. Maybe I'll see you around again, but hopefully not here, right?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:08 am

Please, enough with the formality, it's Sofia. I tuck one of the loose strands that escaped my bun behind my ear. Hand over those papers, Doc. Nothing would make me happier. I scoff, bringing myself to my feet at an alarming rate which causes me to loose my balance briefly. Enhanced vision, sensitive to touch, increased speed, what next? I'm beginning to wonder what Candi slipped in my tea because whatever it was, it's working. I just want to go home and crawl back into bed, hopefully after a good nights rest the mystery substance had worn off.  Right, anywhere but here. The tone of my voice comes off alluring. I'm not normally a flirty person, but let's be honest, in the last five minutes I have felt anything but normal. A mysterious part of me is hungry for this handsome man, a man I have only just met. 

After I finish the final signature, I tuck the pen on top of the clipboard and hand it back to the lady at the desk before turning to him.  I guess that's it then. I prop my elbow on the counter and lean head into my palm, my lips part to add something else but the piercing sound of ambulance sirens halting outside followed by the screeching wheels of gurneys rolling inside scare me shitless. It took everything in me to not cover my ears so I wouldn't draw attention, but it only got worse. It was becoming so unbearable to the point where I thought my head was going to explode any minute. I need to get the hell out of here right now. I have to go. I-I need to get away from here. I take one last look at him before darting for the doors, shoving into a few people along the way but not looking back. It was still raining once I stepped outside but the excruciating noises were still there. I pull up my hood and run down the street, just until everything died down before I called for a cab.

Thankfully the drive wasn't long and he kept the volume from the radio low. Once he pulled up to my house I hand him the amount, and a little more, and dart out the car door. Keep the change. I don't care how much extra there was, I just wanted to get my ass inside and go straight to bed, but not until I accidentally slam the door hard enough to cause the entire window to crack. My eyes practically bulge out of my skull as they shoot up at the now very furious cab driver who speeds off. I stand there on the sidewalk, left completely speechless. What the hell is going on? 

After what seemed like hours of just standing there, allowing my thoughts to flood my mind; I become enraged. Why the hell is this happening? Why me? I storm across the yard to the porch as I fumble for the keys in my sweatshirt pouch. My eyebrows furrowed as I finally manage to unlock the door and step inside, but again I slam the door shut behind me and out of pure frustration I toss the keys into the plate a bit too fast which results in the plate shattering on the hardwood.  That was my favorite plate too. I groan, rolling my eyes as I continue to my bedroom, grabbing the hem of my sweatshirt and pulling it off in the process. I burst through the bedroom door and throw the drenched sweatshirt on the bench at the bottom of my bed, this time not even bothering to close the door. I slip out of my soaked sweatpants and pull open one of the dresser drawers, throwing on an over-sized black tee. I leave my bun untouched in fear I might pull my hair out if I tried undoing it. I collapse onto my bed and make no effort to get under the covers, I was done. 

Finally, it was silent. It was complete and utter silent, other than the raindrops pelting against the window which was actually comforting. I roll over onto my back and from the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a silhouette. But of course, right as I turn my head its direction, it's gone. Day ago me would have thought it was him, but no...I could have sworn it was Dr. Reese. I shake my head and face the window, I was far too tired to even care. I follow the raindrops as they slowly fall against the glass, and I drift off into a deep slumber.

But that night, I dreamt of him...Dr. Reese.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics