setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Triage - Page 3

[Private] Triage

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Triage

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Shit, what was it with people? Do people actually call 911 or go to the fucking ER and expect a quick in and out? How the hell has anyone ever gotten the idea that it goes that way? There is a reason it can't be done over the phone from the comfort of your own home. I just knew my last shift here (would it be long before I figured out another way to live?) I would end up letting it spill. Pointlessly attempting to bestow some common sense onto someone. Worst part, she wasn't the worst. She was a little unreasonable, but compared to some of the other patients, she was nothing.

It's not going to take long, Ms. Rin. She's just going to draw some labs, they're usually back in fifteen minutes. I was a pro at hiding my irritation, but I still hated doing it. No one ever comes here because they're having a good day, I understand. I sent her a smile, and walked off toward the kitchen, planning just how I was going to do this on the way. If all else failed, and someone walked in on me, it would be easy to think of some excuse for cutting myself - it would be more random that Dr. Reese was actually in the kitchen making soup for a patient. But I didn't need an excuse for either. I could lie, but I didn't even need that. I always wanted more practice with compulsion.

I made a pit stop to the supply room, heading directly to the corner where I knew I would find a scalpel, grabbed one and quickly flung it into the wide pocket of my scrub pants. I took the coat off, dropped it off in the dictation room, and headed for the kitchen. This might be messy, and red on white was... obvious. More easily passed off as spilled soup with scrubs if needed. I opened the door to the kitchen, which was empty; and I felt it was going all too smoothly. This was meant to be, or it was all going to fuck up for me badly at the very last minute.

I reached up to the cabinet and saw mostly the mini cans of chicken noodle soup. I dug, quickly, even for me and found a single can of tomato, poured it into one of the paper bowls, and pulled out the scalpel, still in sterile packaging. I paused, shook my head. Fucknut, I thought and stuck the bowl in the microwave for a minute. I tore open the packaging and had the scalpel ready and waiting, gripped in my hand. The door opened.

"Dr. Reese? What are you doing?"
Forgot my lunch. Stole some soup. Don't tell Grace. I grinned, knowing Shannon wasn't observant enough to notice the instrument I held in my hand.
"Our little secret, but you know Grace wouldn't say a word to you."

I shook my head, not speaking a word, and most of the girls knew that was their cue that I wasn't in a talkative mood. Luckily Shannon took the hint and left - just as the microwave dinged. I took out the bowl, sat it on the counter, and held my left wrist over the bowl of red liquid. I inhaled sharply, kind of funny habit that I didn't see ever going away, and quickly sliced. I had to admit - I was proud of myself. I thought I would be a total puss, barely scratching the surface. I didn't nick my radial or anything, but I had good venous flow. I realized that this was still poorly planned, whether I was found or not. I had no idea how much blood was just a little, or how much constituted a lot. I stopped when I realized if I wasn't careful I might get another stalker on my hands. I hadn't even thought to ask Noelle if the fantasies would be "enjoyable". Of course they would be, right? Right?

As soon as I lifted my arm and wiped the blood with a paper towel, I saw the wound healing as if I had willed it. Here's to experiments. I stirred the soup, threw the towel in the trash bin and covered with other... non blood stained paper towels, grabbed some crackers. I was halfway too her room when i realized I'd forgotten the fucking tea. I spotted Candy.

Hey, Three wanted some tea, can you grab it? I caught her rolling her eyes, but she headed straight for the kitchen. I reached Ms. Ren's room, pulling the curtain back and setting the soup and crackers down on the tray table.
I kind of spaced, but Candy's on her way with the tea. Did they get your labs yet? I'll let you eat and I'll see if the results are in. It's a slow night, maybe they won't take long.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:47 pm

I take in what he says and merely reply with a nod as he walks out to collect my snacks. The second he disappears from my vision I groan loudly and fall back onto the bed. That is not the first time I have heard that one. Most, if not all, of my trips to the ER have turned into an over an hour visit, but he seems well-assured this will only take fifteen minutes; time to find out.

My eyes started to feel irritated from staring at the ceiling mixed with tiredness. I decide to rest my eyes, until the nurse finally showed up, and I drape my arm across my face. But right on cue, the sound of the door knob twists open. I peel my arm away, my eyes remain shut, as I sigh in annoyance. 

Quote Begin I'm glad to see little Sofia still hates the hospitals, although not so little anymore. Quote End
I remember that voice clear as day, it was the last voice I heard before I made my escape from Index; Victoria. The lids of my eyes draw back as I prop my elbows on the bed, her aged face coming into view. A soft smile graces across my face, Always have, always will. Are you doing my blood work instead? I was expecting the lady from earlier to walk through that door, but I will definitely take Vic.

Quote Begin I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your name on that clipboard, and I didn't want to take any chances. Quote End Her voice is so soft, just as I remember, as she walks to the nearby sink and washes her hands. Quote Begin I'm going to make this quick since I know how much you hate needles. So either close your eyes or look away, sweetie. Quote End She states after drying off her hands and placing the tray onto the bed. I sit up and sway my legs off the bedside, my insides cringe once I catch sight of the needle, and I turn my head away. She ordered me to form a fist and my heart rate began to escalate as she tightened the rubber hand around my arm. At this point my eyes were squeezed shut when she began to clean my elbow pit, then there was a prick. I took ten, long deep breaths in hopes of being a distracting as my blood was drawn. But before I know it, Vic was already handing me a bandage to press and wrap firmly on the site.

Quote Begin Now that wasn't so bad. Quote End She dries her hands off once again and pulls the chair Dr. Reese occupied earlier to the side of the bed, and rests her hand on my knee. Quote Begin How've you been, Sof? Quote End The change in her voice sends shivers down my spine, I knew what topic she was aiming towards, and I give her the same response I gave her ten years ago.  I'm fine. I knew it wasn't the answer she wanted to hear when her face winced, I just don't want her to worry; which I had probably made worse. She stood up and collected the tray, and headed towards the door before glancing over her shoulder. Quote Begin Call me soon, okay? Quote End I send her a reassuring smile and she walks away.

I had returned to my original state before Vic entered, back against the mattress with my arm draped across my face. My faint breathing fills the room but yet again, the door clicks open; this all felt too familiar. My eyelids fling open to an unfamiliar figure, their hand clasping over my mouth. Quote Begin What's the matter Sof? Aren't you happy to see me? Quote End The cold voice echoes throughout the halls, it was Sage. Panic overran my entire body. My eyes slowly lowered to his other hand, which was holding the exact blade over my abdomen. He leans down so his mouth is against my ear, Quote Begin Let's finish where we left off, shall we. Quote End He whispers, his warm breath brushing against my skin as he drives the blade through my scar.

The recognizable-excruciating pain overwhelms me from that element, and I regain consciousness. A loud-harsh gasp fills the room as I shoot up from the bed. Every inch of my body is trembling as I clench my abdomen, no blade, no blood, no Sage. My breathing is heavy as I notice Dr. Reese has joined me once again, with my tomato soup...And he had just witnessed my scene. Shit. Just as I predicted, this is no longer a fifteen minute visit.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Textbook PTSD. And it made me wonder all the more how this experiment would go. Did my blood now have the ability to cure even mental and psychological issues? Or were people doomed to suffer with something as simple as their own mind? And as for her little PTSD outburst, I could pretend I didn't see it, but it was obvious that I had. I kept my gaze to her, demeanor stoic, unflinching.

I see why you want out of here so soon. I promise, I won't keep you long. But I do want you to get something on your stomach, and I'll come back with the results as soon as I have them. I paused, looking around the small space, then back to her. Is there anything else that I can do for you? For now?

I wanted to wait around, to watch and make sure that she had the soup, or maybe at least started on it, but that would be awkward, and I needed to bring my focus, attention, to something else, at least until it was time to check the results of my little experiment. Inside, the excitement of this was growing. I wanted to see what that connection was like, to see just how much it would take to have a human be... at least temporarily connected to me. And just to watch what they did with the unexpected experience my blood would bring. I wondered if this was anything near what it was like when LSD was first experimented with. How fascinating it would have been to be there.

Let me know, I'll be back in just a few to check up on you. I left after her response, and headed for the dictation room, to begin dictation on the summaries of the visits of her and others I'd seen in my shift, wondering just how much time I would need to come back to check. Actually, I bet I would know - Someone would probably be coming to get me, depending on her reaction.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:15 pm

I am very surprised on how calm he was, I was expecting him to pull out the straight jacket; but that seemed a bit extreme. Then I remind myself, he has probably seen much more intense psychological break downs. I swallow hard as my breathing begins to soften and I glance over to the soup, the delicious aroma fills my nostrils. Unfortunately I have lost my appetite due to that nightmare but he will insist I eat and I haven't eaten anything. My hand graces over my abdomen again, as if I needed more reassurance that they was no blade. It just felt so real, too real. 

My tea. I could really use that right about now.   I say softly, looking anywhere but him. I felt so embarrassed all of sudden, nobody has ever seen me in that state. Nobody. I have always worried what people thought of me, and the last thing I wanted anyone to see is when I'm not well. Does he think I'm an unstable, emotional wreck now? Probably. My head starts to pound as I continue to think the worse. Please hurry with my tea, Candy. 

I understand, and thank you. I murmur, pulling the tray table in front of me. I pick up the utensil packet and rip it open, taking out the spoon and stirring it into the soup. I'm sorry you had to see that. I apologize, not looking up from the bowl of soup. I dip the spoon into the liquid and bring it back to the surface, the crimson substance fills the bowl. My lips meet the rim as I slurp the soup down my throat. The odd taste of metallic tickles my tongue, but it still tastes divine. I reach for the packet of crackers, the ripping of the seal is sync with the door closing behind him. And I take another sip.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 pm

No, I've seen much worse. You're not trying to assault me, so it's a good day, I explained, with a wink, before leaving. I rhythmically patted my clipboard against my thigh as I headed for the dictation room, Candy passing by me with Ms. Rin's tea. How fast would this work? How soon would it be for her to be to me exactly where Noelle had left me - only Sofia's predicament would only be temporary. In my opinion, Sofia was getting a much better deal. She could still eat food, drink her tea, she didn't have to run from the sun or drink the disgusting diseased blood of society's fucktards.

Was that really why I was the way I was with Noelle? Was it something I wasn't used to? Fear of rejection? Fear that any inch of herself she gave to me was only to placate the bond she's created? I got what I wanted when it came to women, but I never fucking cheated. No drugs, no manipulation, at least not blatant, no passed out drunken sorority chick. That was the excitement for me, to make myself wanted.

I shook off the thought as I rolled back the chair in front of the computer, slapped my clipboard to the counter and logged in. I began to wonder just exactly what I would be charting on Ms. Rin, if she even had symptoms. Fuck, for all I knew this was just going to be some bullshit urban legend. Had Noelle even tried this with anyone? I pushed her out of my head again, and added Ms. Rin to my patient list. After adding a few tedious details, assessment findings, etc, I saved, the excitement of what might happen soon finally pushing my maker out of my mind. I checked Sofia's lab results, negative as I'd expected. I then left the clipboard by the computer and decided that what I was about to find would more than likely stay off the record. I paced through the department and back to the room where I had left Sofia and opened the door after a single knock.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics