setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Triage

[Private] Triage

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

[Private] Triage

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Thread Details

Index General Hospital | Freezing Rain | 9pmish

I had tried a few things, since the icy roads were bringing more trauma victims. Feeding just before work was the most effective, but only if the bleeding on the patient was minimal. I still kept my distance, and I began to hear rumors about some kind of PTSD effect the river incident had had on me. I guess that was better than being found out, which I wondered, would people even believe it? It was interesting to think of how the general public would react to the revelation that these creatures were not only the plot devices of bad movies.  

It was early in the shift, I was well fed, and the parking lot was mostly empty - a good sign of a slow but safe night. My favorite charge nurse, Grace, wasn't working, so for the most part I was avoiding the nursing staff. Most of them tonight were younger, taking the downtime to sit at the desk and gossip about other nurses or even repeat patients. I was currently in exam room 3, examining a nineteen year old boy, textbook appendicitis. His mother hadn't arrived yet, and he wanted to talk to her before surgery. Cut the cord already.

I left, after finding out that as expected, he had no medical history, and stopped by the nurses' desk. I need a surgery consult for room three. Whoever's on call will be fine. I headed to the dictation room to begin a quick documentation of history and physical.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Triage

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:15 pm

OOC Message
Sofia is wearing black sweatpants and an Oxford sweatshirt. Hair is in a messy bun.

Quote Begin This is ridiculous, there is no reason to take me to the hospital. I'm fineQuote End I utter, the irritating tone of my voice surfaces as I tread behind the pair of paramedics to the ambulance pulled alongside the sidewalk, Quote Begin I've been dealing with this pain for as long as I can remember, it comes and goes. Quote End The female paramedic briefly glances over her shoulder, tightening the grasp around the strap of her med pack, Quote Begin Ma'am, you even said over the phone that this was the worse it's ever been. We're just playing it safe. Quote End Once she faces forward, I roll my eyes upward to the overcast night sky, knowing I am not going to win this one, and nestle both hands into my sweatshirt. I have been suffering with this piercing pain in my chest since I was a child, I should know the pain lingers for only a minute, but tonight was the worse it has been. As we near the ambulance, the muscles of my abdomen had begun to tense up along with the biting of my inside lip. There is nothing better than visiting the one place I fear the most on this planet: Hospitals.

It was a bit comforting to see how slow it was, I prefer this atmosphere than the atmosphere of being surrounded by the constant wheeling of gurneys passing by, or the shivering howls of pain. But still, just being present in the exact hospital where I had my stomach stitched back together after my entire world collapsed is an uneasy feeling. I sit before a pale blue checkered curtain, my legs hang off the side of the bed as I prop up my elbows and bury my face into the palms of my hands. Quote Begin Respira Sofia, basta respirare. Quote End

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:53 pm

The nineteen year old in three was finally gone to surgery after he was able to contact his mother on the phone. There was a COPD exacerbation in room five but the problem seemed to be fixed with a milligram of Xanax. The repetition of it all was getting to me. And I couldn't help but to feel like there was something off kilter about a vampire working in the emergency room, putting band aids on his food. I felt like my time would be better spent.

"Chest pain in room three, Dr. Reese, and I know it's not your turn but Chad's still in with that stroke." Fuck Chad, how many of these did we get? Get a CT, call Neuro, and send them on their way. God, I was bored.
"She's only 29. Probably wants some somethin' somethin' you know what I'm saying?" Candace was right, most of the time when anyone young came in with chest pain they either wanted drugs or it was anxiety. But in order to keep my job and my sanity, I tried to keep an open mind. You never know, Candy. I finished writing the H & P on the COPD'er and grabbed the chart on the girl in three. Sofia Rin. Not much medical history, per what she'd told the triage nurse, but I was usually a little better at coaxing things out. I pulled the curtain, clearing my throat first so that she would know I was coming. Not much else I could do since there was nothing I could knock on.

Ms. Rin? I'm Dr. Reese. Want to tell me what happened this evening? What were you doing when the pain started? I took a seat in a chair next to the stretcher.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:10 pm

The fresh lavender air brushes across my face as I emerge from the towering trunks of the Mirkwood Forest, and grace across the stone bridge to the grand doors of the Woodland Realm. I had managed to steer my mind away from the tense atmosphere of the intensive care unit to the much more soothing, and geeky, atmosphere of my Middle Earth fantasy land. In situations similar to this one, it never failed to ease my anxiety. Unfortunately, my mind is clicked back to reality when I jolt to the curtain being drawn away, revealing a man in grey scrubs with a white coat hung over his shoulders.

I nod to him as a greeting and swallow hard, waiting until he was seated to brief him of the last hour. Quote Begin I was at my desk writing in my journal, when I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I didn't think much of it since I've been dealing with this strain for as long as I can remember. I held my breath for about thirty seconds, but when I took a deep breath the pain was still there, and sharper. It's never been that painful, or linger for as long as it did. So I panicked and dialed 9-1-1. Quote End I finish, letting out a sigh of relief as my muscles soften.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:27 am

It happened while at rest with no physical strain, worsening with inspiration, and it was sharp - just a few of the things I gathered from her description. Her vitals were fine, and they hadn't drawn any labs - probably because I hadn't ordered any yet. It did annoy me no one thought to go ahead and grab the basics plus some enzymes. I made a mental note to put in a few STAT orders and then I continued with a few questions.

Are you still having the pain? Did you tell the nurse all of your medical history? I stood up, now pulling my stethoscope from around the back of my neck. I didn't need it to hear what I wanted to hear, but I had to pretend I needed it. I walked around so that I was behind her. I just need to do a bit of a physical examination. I'm going to listen to your heart, your lungs, and your abdomen. Just from what I noticed, walking closer to her, I heard no bruits, no murmurs, lungs and everything sounded fine - so this would be quick and easy. I pretended to listen to her breath sounds through her pullover, and then stepped around front, putting the bell underneath her collarbone on both sides for brief moments. Alright, you can breathe normally - I'm going to listen to your stomach, I said just before slightly lifting up her pullover, since the pocket of her hoodie would really block the sounds for a normal person. It was then I noticed the scar, and I was curious. It wasn't clean enough to be a surgical incision. I actually began to wonder if it had been the work of another supernatural - maybe a wolf.

That wasn't in your history. How did you get that?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics