setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open - 1-2] Recovery

[Open - 1-2] Recovery

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open - 1-2] Recovery

Arturo Hernandez |

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Thread Details

Bennigan's Irish Pub | Cold but Clear | 7:00 PM

OOC Message

It took time for me to stop being so emotional after my meeting with Natalia. I was angry, then sad, and then angry again. I was restless, and I could not stop moving around my trailer. I could not think straight either - my mind would switch between Spanish and English in the middle of a thought. Finally I could not stay in that small space any longer, I hopped into my truck and began to drive. At first I was just driving around with no place to go, but then I saw a pub so I stopped driving and went in. I found a place at the bar and ordered a shot of tequila. I didn't drink often and wasn't really sure what I was doing, but cheap tequila was what my parents drank when they were unhappy and so it was what I was going to drink when I was unhappy.

The bartender put the glass in front of me and I stared at it for a moment before I threw it back and asked for another. I drank that one too but did not request a third. I folded my arms and rested them on the counter, staring off and not wanting to think, but I could not stop. So I asked for another shot. And another. I could feel them taking their effect but I did not really want to be very drunk so I held off on any more and instead rested my hand on my chin and began to watch the other people in the bar. A group of people in business suits came in together, but they were not very interesting. Another man came in alone like me and asked for a beer. All these people - I wondered if any of them had just had something bad happen to them like me. It was impossible to tell what a person was experiencing just by looking at them.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open - 1-2] Recovery

Li Riley |

Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:04 am

OOC Message

It was impossible to tell what a person was experiencing just by looking at them. But this was a fucking social experiment, so I was going to find out. Before I left my shitty apartment that night, I'd dug through the boxed-up wardrobe that my sister had insisted on me wearing from time to time. You'll look pretty! she'd say. Be a lady for once! she'd say. Fuck off, Phan, I'd say, and then just keep on wearing my goddamn gender neutral clothes.

But turns out that, here in Index, gender neutral didn't quite cut it. I'd been repeatedly called a guy even when I went into the women's restroom, and it had already gotten so bad that I'd burned down a homophobe's house for beating the shit out of me. So if I couldn't be myself without being a guy, I thought that maybe it'd just take being hella feminine in order to look neutral. Or maybe my outfit would be too much and I would look strictly female? What-the-fuck-ever, I was going to find out.

And where better to try out this experiment than surrounded by a whole bunch of cis-gendered pricks?

I stepped into Bennigan's to flirt with every guy who'd pay attention to me, maybe get some numbers and see what happened if I pulled a one night stand. They'd discover the boxer-briefs covering up my cooch and run away screaming soon as I told them I was asexual--oh but fuck, I'd left my phone at home, so I couldn't get any numbers. Shit, I'd left everything at home!! See, this is why I hated women's clothing. No fucking pockets, and purses were just shitty extra pieces of forgetful weight. 

I sighed and carried on, swaying my hips like a hooker and dragging my finger over some white business-guy's chest. I meant to touch his chin, but I was honestly wayyy too short and he as wayyyy too tall. I savvied my way over to the bar and finally exhaled--flirting was a bit harder than I thought, and I really didn't appreciate being groped on my way in. I sat down next to this depressed looking dude with dreds and waited for the bartender to make his way over to me. Touching the heels of my (decidely wrong-choice-to-wear) boots together, I spoke to the sad Hispanic guy without really looking at him. It was time to force myself to socialize.

"How many STDs do you think that bartender has contracted just from working in this testosterone-drowned shithole?"

Wow, I sure did sound hot. Oh god, and completely amicable. Way to go Li. MLG. 10 outta fucking 10.

Back to top Go down

Arturo Hernandez |

Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:32 pm

I was still watching the people of the pub when a woman came in. She was more interesting than the other people in the pub had been. She had very short hair and lots of piercings, and she looked young. I thought she was trying to flirt with the men, but it was hard to tell. While most of the people in the pub seemed to be not bothering each other she came alone and ignored the social differences. I had never really been like she looked. I never went and flirted with lots of women. I still did other things young people do sometimes but never in the bold way she appeared.

I watched her come to the bar, but did not expect for her to talk with me. I think she was talking with me? If she was I did not really understand what she was trying to say. Avery had taught me many things but I didn't have the informal language down as well as the formal, so I sometimes did not understand what people were saying. I am sorry, but I do not understand? I said.

Back to top Go down

Li Riley |

Posted on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Perfect. Out of all the guys I managed to make chit-chat with, out of ALL the guys in this bar, the one I benched myself next to didn't even understand my inappropriate lingo. And well, I mean, he had a slight accent under that way-too-proper English, so I guess I couldn't blame 'im. Hell, I barely even understood the shit-storm that just blew out of my mouth. I'd begun the conversation by talking out of my ass. So, here was to second chances!

I chuckled. "Sorry, sometimes I don't really understand what I'm saying either." I met his gaze and smirked a bit, leaning on the table and holding my head up with an elbow-arm-hand combination. I stretched out the open palm of my free hand to shake his.

"I'm Li. You feeling alright?" Stevie Wonder could see that the man was feeling down. Or maybe he was drunk? I dunno, whatever, at this point I was wearing a fucking dress, so it was basically "anything goes."

Back to top Go down

Arturo Hernandez |

Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:13 am

I did not normally talk with people in the way the woman was talking to me. She was very casual and forward in a way that I was not used to. When I met new people I spoke to them with formality and respect unless they asked otherwise or until we became more familiar to each other. This woman talked very much and very quickly. I didn't catch some of what she said, but I could understand her handshake and that her name was Li.

I put my hand in hers and said my name, I am Arturo. It is nice to meet you. This is what Avery said was good to say when meeting new people. I did not meet a lot of people since I mostly just did work at the shop and only spoke to the other mechanics.

Another thing that was new was Li asking me about how I felt even though we were strangers. I did not know that people could see what I was feeling on the inside. I could not see how they were feeling. I had come to have some drinks and sit in peace. This woman did not even care that we did not know each other and it did not seem to matter to her that I might not want to talk to someone that I did not know about the bad thing that had happened. I did not want to think about it. That was why people went to bars alone I thought.

I did not have a good day? I said uncertainly in response to her strange question.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics