setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Closed] Blood lust

[Closed] Blood lust

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

[Closed] Blood lust

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Thread Details

Hospital | Cold and overcast | 1:15am

OOC Message
Takes place approximately the same time as this thread. Ben is wearing gray cargo scrub pants and a white tee.

Do you know how annoying it is to wear a fucking flu mask when you know you have absolutely no risk of contracting the flu or even carrying it? And everyone and their grandmothers had it, thanks to the CDC in a small way. The vaccinations pushed and pushed by our infectious disease team and every pharmacy around were great for a certain strain of the flu. However that wasn't the strain that was rapidly spreading here in Washington. I was sure it was the same everywhere else, as well. Now people bitched about how they were never getting a flu shot again since it was good for nothing and didn't matter anyway and always made them sick. I guess I could put a scratch on the pro side of being a vampire. I knew I'd never have to worry about the flu, not that I'd ever gotten it anyway. It's not hard to be healthy, but these obese diabetics holding a candy bar in one hand and a Coke in the other didn't seem to understand that.

"Thirty-nine's screen is positive too. I don't think there's enough private beds upstairs."
Last I heard there weren't any beds upstairs. I said to Grace.
"Who's in nursing service? Think she'll let us divert?"
Hell no. We'll fill the hallways with beds first. It's all about that money, honey.
"Amen to that."

Being a vampire didn't make you instantly rich, but going to work felt so pointless now. Everything felt small and pointless. Maybe I was supposed to have some kind of crisis first and try to hold on to anything I could from my old life, but that wasn't happening. I felt like an impostor and a misfit. Maybe when I've lived for a hundred years I'll start a secret society for new vampires that whisks them off and takes them to a metaphorical Hogwarts so they don't have to deal with the trivial anymore. Was that childish? Selfish of me? I didn't think so. Jobs were definitely more than inconvenient for us. Having to make an excuse to make sure I'm out of the door before the sun comes up... every goddamn morning was getting old. I'd actually coerced with my new talents one of the department managers into giving me a special schedule, but there was still the occasional busy day when bolting out turned me into a supreme douche.

And I should have known that it would be a busy night like tonight when it happened. I could smell it before the ambulance bay doors slid open. I closed my mouth instantly as my fangs clicked into place. I ducked into the dictation room to try to compose myself, but I wasn't alone. Fucking Chad, of all people. I wasn't about to deal with Chad right now. The sliding doors finally opened, and the EMT team rushed in with the stretcher carrying a blood soaked victim. I had been so lucky, but here it was. I tried to compose myself but I knew I couldn't be anywhere near without having to feed on someone, and I wouldn't be able to control who or when. I bolted outside, faster than anyone's eyes could pick up on. I searched the surrounding area for someone.... anyone. Someone who had stepped out a distance from the hospital to smoke so as not harassed by the guards enforcing the no smoking policy. No one. It was too fucking cold even for the smokers. I stood by a tree across from the main Emergency room entrance, my fingers digging into the tree so hard that it was tearing my fingernails. I watched the doors waiting for someone to step out. Then my phone buzzed and I read the text from Noelle. Fuck. She was clearly drunk, and she's exactly who I needed to help me right now if I wasn't going to feed or actually partake in mass murder. But the text could be a distraction. I read it again, and something else kicked in, not knocking my blood thirst away but adding to the chaos in my head. I had almost missed the last word... well words.

Had she been there in person I don't care how drunk she was, I would certainly have taken her up. I had already admitted to myself that I had no scruples when it came to her. I hated the hit to my ego, that I would only have her if she was drunk - that it took intoxication resulting in bad decisions for her to want me. It pissed me off, and I hated it. But I couldn't fight it. I began to reply, blood from my fingers smearing on the screen.

Her
Don't fuck with me right now.

It was all I could think to say. She was currently the fucking queen of bad timing. I hit send, and immediately after, the doors slid open for someone to walk out, and the scent ignited what little of my blood lust had dissipated. I appeared in front of the person, not stopping long enough to take in any details including gender. I pulled them as far away into the small wooded area to the side of the hospital and let my teeth sink in.

#Closed #Solo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics