setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Converting the Casual - Page 2

[Private] Converting the Casual

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Converting the Casual

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:01 pm

Maybe I was a little... just a little defensive over the whole situation. One of those "I can make fun of her because she's my friend but you can't" sort of things. I might have even said so if I wasn't seriously getting annoyed with Maggie right now. She seemed to be on this mission to get me laid, which don't get me wrong. Sex is good, sex is fun. But honestly, after the drama with Gio, Brandon, and now with Gabe bolting on me, I just needed to stay the fuck away from dudes, at least in that way. They said we are dramatic? Bish please. I wanted to just be friends with benefits with Gio. He was the one that done gone and complicated that shit. Yeah, off on a tangeant, but seriously, Maggie was starting to push me into the direction of anything phallic and I didn't get it. Maybe she missed hearing details. Which yes, I'd give a few to her, but shit.

I guess it's partially my fault. I wanted to check the clearance bin, since there wasn't really anything special on Steam at the moment, and I'm a little burned out on raiding.

Maggie was now long gone, either searching for her own candy or maybe internally judging the makeup of the girls that worked at Claire's. I could have just continued on my way, but how long had it been since I could actually talk to someone in person about video games? I mean Caly, sometimes, but I honestly wouldn't mind another perspective on certain things.

So what's on your to be completed list? I've kind of been sticking with my MMO, but I kind of wanna finish up the Borderlands stuff.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:04 am

You raid? I pulled back a little, kinda wondering if I'd misheard her and then feeling, well, kinda bad about it actually. Like shit man, I wasn't one to pull a dick move and say girls couldn't game, I just didn't personally know any. Fuckin' hell, but if this chick raided then she had to know what she was talking about? I doubted she was just one of those girls guys kept around just as a maschot so they could be all 'Yeah, we've a fuckin' girl on our team' - like seriously, who the fuck cares? Which MMO? You in a guild, like, got a permanent raid party? I realized I was actually still grinning down at her, not that far down either 'cause she was a pretty good height for a chick. Did you miss the Winter Sale? They had some really, really good shit up for grabs around then. I managed to dial down the grin to a normal smile and just, fuck I was probably acting like an idiot but it felt like ages since I'd talked to someone about PC games in person, someone who might actually know their shit.

But thinking that had me feeling kinda guilty, like I talked to Adrian about this shit and like he was great, giving me his 'undivided attention' or whatever the hell the phrase was. But it just wasn't the same as talking about it with someone and not having to back-track and explain shit that you'd even forgotten needed explaining to anyone. Shit man, explaining thing like AE and Corpse Running, was easy but really tedious.

Like, I dunno if you'd be interested since it's still in alpha, but you can grab the official make of Day Z right now, and it still pretty cheap even without the sale savings. Like I've the mod version too, and yeah there's some differences but like Bohemia are still doing a great job. Shit like you do have actually moments where you're just freakin' the hell out because you've got everything you need but you heard another player take a shot at you. I paused, lips twisting in humor, wondering if I sounded kinda... too into it. But shit man, fuckin' great game. I mean yeah, immersive as shit. I glanced down the the rows of some of the other games, not really finding anything that captured my interest right then.

Fuck, that was a difficult question. I kinda completed most of my list over Christmas. I mean there's a few games I haven't gotten done but I dunno if I'm in any rush to do it. Like then you've games like Skyrim and like, with as the mods and extra quests I added in I dunno if I'll ever get them done. I laughed and shot another grin her way, then actually realized I was kinda curious about her and Borderlands. You talking 1 or 2? Or the newest one? I played 'em all of console with my cousin. Not enough co-op games around these days to waste 'em on solo play I think. Freakin' love the art style though. I paused, scratching the side of my jaw where I could feel stubble coming through already, feeling like I was forgetting something. Oh shit, I'm Theo by the way. For a sec I'd thought about adding my GT into that introduction but that would've been taking the geek to a whole new level.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:36 am

I nodded, half proud, but also a little annoyed that it should be a shock. If you looked at actual statistics, a lot of gamers were girls. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go mad because a girl gets hit in a video game or whatever, or worry about the unrealistic sexy armour some games put girls in. I'm don't get butthurt too much, but once in a while I do find myself annoyed when I'm stereotyped and pushed aside. This dude was more innocent in what he said, which really I could have been overreacting in my mind. I'd never show that I was actually offended in any kind of way. That just made me seem way too easily butt-hurt.

Yeah, man, mostly DPS, but my alt can heal if needed. I fucking hate healing though, really shows how shitty some people are at tanking. I remembered that WoW wasn't the only MMO around with his question. I'd tried some of the free to play ones, but even at my limited income I couldn't... I just couldn't. I was just so used to WoW and the game mechanics and it seemed it improved (with the occasional exception of unnecessarily nerfing my particular class) with each EP. I'm a total WoW kid, alliance all the way. And yeah, I'm in a guild uh... Uh... I kind of loved and hated the guild name at the same time. League of Assassin Cats. Don't you dare fucking laugh. We play on SilverHand.

I began looking around, seeing if the bargain bin was anywhere nearby, because for fucks' sake I didn't want Maggie to be right. This wasn't a manquest. Yeah I mean, I grabbed Saints Row, but I haven't even played it. Not even sure I'll like it but it was five bucks. I kinda got busy with work the rest of the season. Everyone buying their goddamn twelve year olds acoustic guitars because by god their girl is gonna be the next Tay Swift, I said, shaking my head. And I just... couldn't stop talking to this dude. Finally the whole gender weirdness was gone and it was a goddamn relief for someone to talk to me as if I wasn't too... soft to play this shit. Fun, son, I've read about it, but I just... well my guild seems to think it's not unreasable to schedule a raid literally six nights a week. I think I'm kind of done. I seriously was considering telling them to piss off for a while. I was sure as DPS I was replaceable, but I was used as a healer just as often, and if it hadn't been for me stepping in, it could have been cancelled at times.

That sounds pretty awesome, though. I think that might be how I spend my evening. And then he said the magic word: Skyrim. Man, I could play that game three times over and discover new shit. I would just be happy to play that for the rest of my life I think, and I'd only barely touched into mods. Skyrim, doe. Bruh. Well, I just finished 1 and now I'm midway through 2, but I haven't really messed with it for the last three nights thanks to my guild and work. But PC, always for me. I felt my phone buzzing, maybe three times in a row. I knew it was Maggie, not really anyone else unless someone wanted me to pick up a shift. I ignored it. I'm Michelle.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Seriously? That sounds pretty rad. Well, except for the whole 'Assassin Cats' thing. But... shit man, each to their own and all that. My mouth kinda twisted from the effort but I managed not to laugh like she, uh, demanded? I'm usually a healer myself, but it's been soo long since I devoted and really playtime to MMORPG's. I've been doing a shitload of solo games in the game year. I mean, shit it didn't have as great a line up as previous years but like, there was GTA V first person. I mean, who the fuck didn't flip their shit when that was announced? I laughed a little but I was actually one of those people for sure. I'd freaking stalked their feeds for any new videos and updates about it. And fuck it, I wasn't ashamed of that either, so I said as much. I mean, like I got GTA V on release day, and pretty much anything else they brought out since 2004. But like, shit it was one of those things you didn't know you wanted that fucking badly until you saw it. Like yeah it's always been cool to think about FP GTA but like I didn't know it would be that fuckin' awesome!

Holy fuck, had I really just fuckin' blabbed on like that? Shit, that was embarrassing. Like talk about going into gamer geek overload or whatever. Sorry, that was probably just like way to intense a response for a video game. I mean, I swear I don't have a GTA-boner or anything. Hah, what a lie. Well, like not literally because I didn't actually have an actual boner- shut up. I dunno man, I mean I freakin' loved Saints Row 1 and 2, but three was a little try-hard and four was even worse. I mean, fuck I think most of that crazy shit came from people really loving that mission with the sewage truck in 2? That had actually been funny even though it'd been weird. But it's been the right amount of weird. I laughed at want she said about her work, rolling my eyes as I imagined it. Give them enough time to get about two lessons done and I bet you'll be seeing them again, trying to return it.

Man, yeah I totally get that. That's why I've been doing so much solo play lately. I just get sick of people trying to make you feel like shit just because you don't want to spend ever second of your freetime or the freakin' thing. I ran a hand through my hair, trying not to get too mad about crap like that. It was a just a game, but shit, a wasp was just an insect but the whole world agreed they were evil. Okay so maybe not world but... the whole internet did anyway. Man, for really? Awesome, what's you're favorite place? I really dig Markarth, so cool there. All the dwarven shit like! I nodded, listening as she talked more about games and just thinking that this was actually pretty cool. Yeah dude, PC all the way. Like I said, I like the console for the co-op. I shrugged, thinking it wasn't really important if she didn't like them. 'Sup Michelle, good to meet you.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:27 pm

I looked sheepishly to the side, grinning lightly. Uh, yeah, I've actually never played a GTA game. I didn't know this dude, but I think I knew enough to know that I needed to brace myself for his over the top reaction. But that was okay, I was finding his enthusiasm incredibly refreshing - especially after Maggie shooting down anything that wasn't boy or beauty related.

Is it that good, though? I guess if you've never played it you get that vibe of just... hitting hookers and stealing cars. I'm kind of big on storyline. Like Mass Effect - holy shit snacks, I mean.... people who just watch movies and get no interaction with a story like that are just missing out. It's kind of sad. My phone buzzed again, but I figured by this point it was simply reminding me that I had messages. I wasn't even going to bother looking at it still. It was Maggie, and I wasn't worried about what new palatte Urban Decay had at Sephora for once. Shit, seriously, I pretty much had the colors I needed. I wasn't such a consumer whore that rearranged colors warranted me spending fifty bucks on some colored powder.

Bruh, don't be embarrassed by the game boner. Embrace it. I'm a chick and I've had a WoW boner since Wardlords of Draenor.  Finally, slightly paranoid that Maggie was going to come in and see me knee deep in conversation with this dude, and begin with her shit again, I started actually looking around at the games, my focus now leading toward the few GTA games on the rack. Probably cheaper online, I mumbled more to myself than to the dude. Yeah, I almost didn't, but shit... five bucks. Good for a rainy day, right?

I pulled out one of the GTA boxes, and was reassured that I would look online if I felt up to it - I knew for a fact I could find it cheaper online. Dude, that's a toughie, but you know I think that Bridge in Solitude is just... Seriously why don't we have this in real life? I shoved the GTA box back, and pulled out my phone, thinking it might be best if I see what Maggie was on about.

Michelle
Hey Bish you about done in nerdville? I'm on my way.

Oh shit, she's coming back. I looked up to Theo with a look of horror.  Sorry, bro.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics