setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Converting the Casual - Page 5

[Private] Converting the Casual

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Converting the Casual

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:00 am

Eh, I guess a lot of people felt like that. They just wanted more RDJ and shit, I guess. Like I probably wouldn't have been as pumped for it, or even iunno, liked it half as much if I hadn't read the comics too. I mean man, you think they got other Marvel movies right when it came to authenticity? With GOTG they just- like holy crap you'd have to know what I mean to know what I mean. So freakin' perfect man. I shook my head, realizing that I'd basically talked like I was some religious zealot. Like one of the brainwashed Covenant from Halo, except this was comics book and related movies, not video games. Jesus, I even sounded like a geek in my own thoughts.

Maybe I needed to like mention that I did other things, just so I didn't sound obsessed. I mean, yeah I was probably, kinda, really a little obsessed. A lot obsessed actually, but that didn't I needed to go around acting in a way that was just gonna make if too freakin' obvious. Maybe I just needed to smoke another bowl. Yeah, that'd chill me out and take away the whole 'hyperactive' factor that seemed to reappear whenever I was just, uh, not high?

Shit, when she mentioned that I'd missed out on more bitching about that awful vegetarian chick I was actually kinda bummed that I'd zoned out and missed it. Damn. Remind me to pay attention next time you're bitching someone out, that shit's funny as hell. Man she was like one of those people who'd probably say really bitchy-but-hilarious things about all of those people from those dramatic talk-shows with lie tests and shit. That's be awesome. Shit, zoning out again. I shook my head slightly and did manage to catch what she said this time. Jabba the Hut? I asked, grinning. I didn't really mean to but I gave her a once over, not even checking her out but just wondering if she was a chick with a great body who worried about putting on weight and shit when there was no need. Anddddd, yup it seemed she was. What the hell was she worried about? I dunno man, ending up like Jabba would probably be worth it for one of these beauties.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:26 pm

I sorta felt like an ass when he mentioned the comics. I really envied and respected people who were into comics. It just seemed too overwhelming for me. Trying to find issues and you know if you think there are too many reboots with movies just wait till you get into the comic book scene. Fuck that, I'm kind of a lazy punk when it comes to that. But I did imagine that if you'd read the comic, then Guardians probably would have been a better movie.
That's actually really cool, I guess it just felt... well I'm a sucker for realism and a talking tree just felt off. But dude.. major props - comics are hard biz. Surely, I was now officially a loser to him. I really thought this dude would be an awesome friend, so I hoped he didn't take it personally that my nerdiness was different than his. I loved seeing people enthusiastic about shit, and I mean really see that light in their eyes when they talk about it.

Hah! I doubt I'll always be so uh.. witty or whatever. I took a sip of my soda, and yeah, it pretty much rocked. I hadn't meant to be compliment fishing or anything when I'd mentioned Jabba the Hut. Trust me, I didn't think I looked like him yet. But fuck, if I wasn't careful I was going to. I fucking hated exercise, but I knew when it warmed up I would need some sort of physical activity so that I wouldn't become that way. I'd gained like... I swear I think ten pounds this winter. I didn't want to be a goddamn twig, but I didn't want to gain any more. I blamed it on buying that car, since I wasn't walking everywhere now.

I have to admit, it's fucking tempting, I mean the idea of eating whatever the hell you want. I hate when I see those quotes like... nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Whoever said that must have never had a brownie before.

I heard the number eighty one called, and I got excited. Bruh, we're next. I was going to grab a table but my number was called before I got a chance. Damn these fuckers were fast, which was nothing to complain about. Sweet Jesus, thank you, I said to the dude before grabbing my bag and heading off to find a table.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:10 am

A sucker for realism, huh? Shit man, how do you manage to enjoy any movies nowadays? So yeah I was teasing her now, but she'd walked right into it really. Fuck like, how many movies were even realistic these days? Probably like 15% of the movies released in the year, if even that. Or maybe I was just saying that because the ones I tended to watch were the non-realistic one. Except Fury. I'd watched that movies and had been blown the fuck away from the realism and shit. My cousin got me into the whole comic thing when I was really young. It easier to stick with it if you start young. Starting when you're already an adult is like watching Spongebob for the first time when you're twenty, you just won't get it as much if you didn't grown up with it. I paused, thinking over what I'd said. Yeah, I'd made a good point but... For the record I don't actually like Spongebob. I had to watch it 'cause my kid sister loved it. I don't think I ever wanted to murder a cartoon that much.

Maybe there's a formula to it. Like it I put a self-righteous vegan in front of you there'd be sparks flying. So maybe I just have to ind ways to always get you near someone annoying as fuck. Like a fat sexist guy or one o those crazy-ass Westboro church people. I was kidding, but she did seem to have one of those tempers from what I could tell. The ones that just blew up when you hit it the right way. Adrian was kinda like that. Cool as anything but if you hit the right nerve then strap yourself the hell in.

Man, give those people the right type of brownie and they'll really learn how good food can be with some kickass munchies. I shrugged but then looked back at her, smirking now. But I can tell you from experience that eating whatever the hell you want whenever is pretty damn sweet. I patted my stomach and almost on cue it rumbled, making me laugh. It wasn't like I didn't exercise because I swum pretty much every day. The males in my family just seemed to have a freakin' ridic metabolism. Adrian ate even more than I did and exercised less. But he was bigger too and had a physical job so it must've evened out somewhere.

Shit, we are? I followed her to the counter, watching her get her order and then turning to look at the guy, waiting for mine. I didn't have to wait long either considering how much I'd freakin' ordered. I grabbed the bags he placed on the counter for me and turning around, craning my neck and spotting a table pretty quickly. I caught up to Michelle and nudged her with my elbow. There's one right there. I said, then headed for it, collapsing into the chair and dragging the first bag towards me. I grabbed the burger from it and tore off the wrapped, sinking my teeth into it. Oh man this is good. I'm so hungry. I said when I'd swallowed my first bite.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Damn, son had a point, but it wasn't like I was expecting perfection. But it was the reason I actually liked the first Paranormal Acvitivy. Obviously, the shit wasn't real, but the movie did such a damn good job of very subtly sliding you deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole. I liked movies that were more relatable. Which was funny, since World of Warcraft was nothing like our own universe. But I liked it because it didn't try to be in our world. Shit, I don't know, I really didn't. I just.. eh fuck it.

Damn, if that isn't the truth. Of course my problem was that I never had the chance to get into anything at a young age. That wasn't something easily explained to anyone. God, how could anyone stand that voice, young or not? I shook my head, and seriously, I tried. God the Tumblr posts had me trying to like the show. But his laugh for one thing, and what the hell was with the constant need in shows to have a moronic sidekick? Some hipster I knew when I lived in Seattle tried to get me watching fucking Andy Griffith. I found myself more than once wanting to shoot Barney Fife in the head.

And again, Theo got it. I could tell him about the Halloween party - well before the whole wolf thing because fuck all that. But the asshole who was such a douche to the server. And the shit-eater tried to make me look like an ass for saying something to him. God, I wanted him to spend a day in her shoes and try to talk to her like that again. Sad thing is that he would, because he just didn't have a shit's worth of empathy in him. That was the problem with people. The only thing they even used to make their decisions about how things should go in the world was their own personal experience as if everyone's life was impacted in the same way. Oh, my god, don't get me started on those WBC fuckers. I'm not religious, but I do kind of hope there's a hell so they can burn in it.

Once at the table, I had to continue the conversation. Brownies... you do mean... bbrroowwnniieess, right? Not just... brownies? I grinned, wondering why I always had to be the most awkward fuck in Washington. Damn, that's what I'd like for dessert. I took a bite of my burger, and fuck the grease ran down my chin, and even though there was a pretty... well hot dude in front of me, I didn't even care. I wiped it away with a napkin and reveled in just how fucking good it was.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:43 pm

I think you just has to catch you at a really fucking young age. Like during one of your stupid years where you're impressionable as shit. Shows when I was a kid were  way better. Kids TV is getting dumbed down to a point where even the kids are starting to think it's freakin' stupid. My little sister had unfortunately been at that kinda age when she'd caught the SpongeBob bug. Hell, that little Mexican kid in the pink outfit would've been better than that little yellow turd. Man, that show is on drugs. Serious freakin' drugs. I shrugged, glad that my sister had grown out of it. I still figured it had had a negative effect though, seeing as how she was kinda an airhead. Sweet and all but a total ditz.

I nodded at what she said, just in total agreement with her. It was fucking crazy the shit people thought they were doing in the name of religion. I think people are just fucked up. I mean everyone, seriously. I figure there's just different levels of fucked up with some being small enough to pass of as normal. I raised my soda and drank for awhile, thinking about it. I'd told Adrian my theory but like, shit man he was a nice guy and pretty much good to the core so I hadn't been surprised when he'd disagreed.

The burger was fucking awesome, and taking those first few bites made me properly realize how bad I had the munchies. How had I been this hungry and not noticed 'til I was eating. Fuck man, weed was awesomely weird. Or weirdly awesome. And you never knew when you'd bump into another smoker. Shit man, I mean the only brownies that are worth eating. I mean unless you're already baked and then regular ones will do. I grinned, feeling kinda more friendly towards her now. We could make some y'know. Brownie mix would be easy as hell to get and I can provide the kick. My grin faded a little and I realized I'd actually just said that. If you actually wanted to. Shit, she didn't seem like an undercover anything but you never knew.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics