setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Converting the Casual - Page 3

[Private] Converting the Casual

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Converting the Casual

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:55 am

Shit... see hadn't? What?! I felt my brows raise in surprise at what she said, trying not to burst out into a freakin' speech about all the reasons she should so get it and how much she'd missed out on over the years. It was such an awesome game, like one of the few I'd actually get worked up over and not be pissed at myself for doing so. But I would so not freak out on this chick, not when she'd turned out to be pretty chill and knew about games and shit.

So I just took a sec and pretended to look at some random ass game I didn't even read the title of. Fuck, maybe it was kinda gay that I actually needed to make myself chill before I responded? It was just such a freakin' masterpiece. Mannn... you don't know what you're missing. Seriously. I shook my head a little at her question. Is it good? Holy crap was she for real? Nah, it's so not just about that crap. I mean, the actual storytelling in the game is fuckin' great. Like plots and that kinda stuff, really well thought out and written. It's never focused much on cut scenes either, and like the ones that you do have don't magically make your character look a hundred times more realistic. I hate that shit. I frowned and tried to think of more ways to describe how awesome GTA was, but it really was just one of those game you had to play to get it.

Awh man yeah, Mass Effect is such a good game. I got the first one on a whim and the second was already out. Seriously I had it completely after a couple of all-nighters and got the second one like straight after. Hey, did you know that Mass Effect was made because of Lucas Arts asking Bioware to make a Star Wars game? Well, not 'because of' exactly, but the tow are linked. I could tell her more about it but I wasn't going to start throwing a load of info at her that she might not even give a shit about. Especially since she was actually turning out to be pretty awesome. I mean, I didn't know anyone chick who'd admit to having a 'boner' for a game. I laughed at her saying it, then shrugged in agreement when she pointed out that the game had been a steal. Fuck it, what did I know anyway?

Oh mannn, yeah! I don't know why I haven't thought of that. Or the one for the mages college, y'know? Like, fuck, that would be so cool to just bungee jump off that. I mean, bungee jumping was already so awesome, but that would just give it the extra kickass factor. I watched her shoving the GTA case back, wondering of she'd actually get it or it'd be one of those people forgot about. I looked away when she pulled out her phone, not wanting to look like I was a creeper who nosed into other people's personal shit, but then she told me what it was about anyway, and I returned her look of horror with one of my own. You're shittin' me, right? I groaned and imagined having to awkwardly say bye when her stupid ass friend got back. My mind whirred and I made a quickfire decision. How against doing a runner would you be? I asked with a grin, thinking that even if she wanted to wait up for the other chick to get here, I was so outta here before then.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:48 am

Aw, man, I actually loved cut-scenes. Well, at least in WoW. God, that one from Wrath - good God I think I cried the first time. And then I watched it on youtube. Again. And again. But they had their place and it did piss me off when they made really simple shit into a cut scene, that you really could have done with gameplay.

Alright, you've sold me, but cut scenes? You gotta admit there's been a good one here and there that's stuck out in your mind, right? I think WoW does a good job only putting them in when needed.

I started to wonder, as I always fucking did, if I was actually bothering this dude. I mean shit, it was easy to be involved in a conversation and still be annoyed. Maybe he had shit to do, or maybe I was second guessing myself like fucking always. Well... either way you have me sold - it's my next purchase. Although since I'm new to the franchise I guess that means starting at square one, huh? But oh... shit - speaking of Star Wars! Have you played the MMO? I was really thinking about it, some of my guildies used to play it but I can't decide whether I'd like it or not. Damn, at this rate I would be making a career out of gaming since I would obviously not have time for anything else. That was okay, though - games are fucking awesome. It's a damn shame that more people don't understand them. I had a lot of sympathy for those people that were still under their parents' roof, and were constantly accused of letting their brain rot away to video games - while the parents themselves watched 3 hours of back to back Everybody Loves Ramon.

Oh, shit son, yeah! I agreed, but also, maybe it was a girly thing - I just wanted to be there in the world and just take countless pictures with my camera. I already kind of did that with screen shots. That's pretty much my tumblr anymore. WoW and Skyrim screenshots, and no goddamn apologies about it, either.

Maybe I was being a dick to Maggie, but... god yes. Man, Maggie would be fine. She'd just call up one of her boys. I'm strangely comfortable with it. Where to, my friend? And before I finished the statement, I was heading toward the exit of the Game store, thanking God that I'd decided to get the GTA stuff online. I'm hungry, and she's vegan - so uh... my vote is... any restaurant.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:53 am

Oh hell yeah, as a kid I'd freakin' loved cut scenes. But that was probably 'cause back then at that age you were more about the visual than the actual feeling of 'holy shit I did that'. Yeah, I'm not gonna deny that there've been a few that stick out even now, but that was most from when I was younger. Like dude, there are things I still remember from Shadow of the Colossus that scared the shit outta me back then. I grinned, feeling stupidly nostalgic now that I'd brought it up. She had a point about WoW though, they were good with their timing and shit. Nah, WoW is fine. I'm talkin' more about games where some of the coolest shit you do is scripted. I hate Quick Time events and they're usually what drive the best parts of some games. It just sucks. I lifted one shoulder in a quick shrug, trying once again not to be a loser and actually get annoyed talkin' about the crap that usually annoyed me.

Nah dude, GTA is a game you can pick up at any game and go from there. It's not like it's some progress installment-based storyline, not like Halo where if you picked up Reach or 4 you'd have no freakin' clue what was going on really. Even if you did it, the experience wouldn't be a fulfilling as it is for the players who practically grew up with the franchise. With GTA yeah, it probably means more for the players who've played it from the start, but not as much, y'know?

I glanced over the shelves again, wondering if there was any last minutes things I wanted to buy. I could get it online yea, but there was something about owning actual hard copies of the game that I liked. There'd be no such thing as Steam when I started gaming, that was for sure. I didn't need to worry about the extra money it cost anyway since I never needed to worry about money at all. I looked back at her at the mention of Star Wars, another grin spreading across my face. Shit man, I've been playing that for a couple of years now. It gets such a bad freakin' rep but I think that's bull. I've logged more hours on it than WoW to be honest. But then again I stopped playing WoW a few years back. You should give SWTOR a try. I gave the rack one more scan before deciding to just buy the game online or come back another day. Escape was way more important, so I hurried to put the game and gift card back.

When I was done her friend still hadn't shown up, and I figured we'd still enough time to make a break for it. My earlier smoke was really freakin' kicking in, especially if the ripping hunger in my gut was anything to go by. I followed her out of the store, wincing when her saying she was hungry just made me feel even more so. Shit yeah, food sounds awesome right now. I don't really know the mall that well though, so as long as it's greasy as fuck and I can get a big ass burger then I'm cool with it. And as long as it was goddamn freakin' close by, that was for sure.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:28 pm

The nostalgia was getting to me, obviously not because I was nostalgic myself, but because this was one of the few times I was feeling.. robbed. Like everyone else had this huge thing that I didn't get, and though it wasn't their intention, people tended to wave it around in front of my face. The worst part was that I couldn't tell anyone that I didn't have it. I didn't have a childhood, I didn't have rebellious teenage years - if I did, I remembered nothing of it. No mother, no father - and I hadn't even really anyone to replace those figures either.

I pushed that shit away, it was deep, too deep for now, when all I really wanted now was to hang out more with this cool dude and avoid Maggie. Maybe even find a few new games to fill my computer with. It was going to hate me, but fuck it was going to be great. That's pretty awesome. I think I can handle that, then, I said.

Do you still play? I mean Old Republic? I mean shit, if I liked it then it would save my ass some money each month. Then again, I'd never played anything "free to play" but I heard it wasn't all that free, if you wanted to get anything good from it. They nickeled and dimed ya until you realized you've spent more than a sub fee. That's why I had just stuck with WoW, even though I was curious from time to time.

Dude... Five Guys. You. Me. Now. If you wanted a big ass burger, that was the way to do it. I mean there was a Ruby Tuesday, but it was way more expensive and for what? A fucking burger. No, I'll skip having to tip someone and wait on someone to bring me drinks when I wanted a refill and all that shit. Besides, Five Guys had one of those Coke machines where you could pretty much create any flavor soda you wanted. My current favorite was peach Sprite, but I needed some caffeine, so raspberry Coke it is.

I lead the way, and luckily the food court wasn't too far away. There was a line, but it wasn't as long as I'd seen it before. I grinned at Theo and rolled my eyes as I heard the person in front of me asking about their vegetarian options. How about... not going to a burger place, then? I muttered then sniggered.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:09 pm

Shit man, if I'd actually succeeded it getting someone to play GTA then I was definitely marking today down as a good one. Like maybe it wasn't something most people would consider a good deed but they were obviously losers how never played games anyway, so their opinion would be officially void. Yeah man, you could totally handle it. I've only been talking to you a bit and you seem competent as hell. I grinned, then felt kinda awkward with the compliment. Shit, she was a chick and probably had guy kissing her ass about her 'skills' all day in the hopes of getting nudes or some shit. I mean, yeah I figured she must be good but I wasn't saying it as a come on.

My thought stayed along those lines until she asked my about SWTOR again, and my enthusiasm managed to put it from my mind again. Look, I know people love WoW and I did too once, but I really thing The Old Republic has something special about it. Like yeah it's got bugs and shit, but what MMO doesn't when it first comes out? That's what really pissed me off about people's reactions to it. They expected something like, completely finished and polished and I dunno, perfect from a game that was freakin' new! Like what up with that? I shook my head, trying to reign in the rant but kinda sucking at it really. Like yeah, people expected it to be at the same standard as WoW and that's fuckin' stupid because WoW had years of experience and tweaking and player feedback to get it to where it is. I just hate the gaming community sometimes. They forget it's about having fun, not being elitist douchenozzles. Like, shit I kinda blamed the Internet, everyone started jamming their opinions down everyone else's throat. Just so stupid.

For a sec my mind blanked and went somewhere totally inappropriate when she said me, her and five guys. Seriously, would any guy not immediately think orgy or was I just a creep? Shit, I really hoped I wasn't a creep. Then I forgot about it and grinned, because it seemed my wish for a big ass burger was about to be granted. Hell yeah, sounds like a plan. I kept pace with the chick, Michelle, shit I needed to use people's names more. The smell of frying meat hit me so hard I wondered why the hell I didn't stumble. I groaned when the chick in front asked for a fucking vegetarian option, but laughed at Michelle's words. Yeah like shit don't waste the time of people who actually appreciate the magic of meat. I said, loud enough for Veggie to hear but too stoned and hungry to give a shit. Oh my God c'monnnnn. Dyou think eating my own foot would be a bad move? I joked, looking back at the blue-haired girl who'd turned out to be damn cool.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics