setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Converting the Casual

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:30 am

Thread Details

GameStop - Northbrook Shopping Mall | Snowing | 2:09 p.m.

OOC Message
Outfit but with this bag.

This morning when I'd been looking out my window I'd just been able to think about nothing other than how goddamn mega-bored I was. I mean, shit man it was pretty damn cold. I freaking hated snow. Sure, as a kid I'd liked it just like every other kid out there but now it was just stupidly annoying. There was nothing to do here, and like, the snow just emphasized that. Index still seemed freaking tiny compared to NY, and it always would if you asked me. But I guess it wasn't a craptastic as I'd thought when I'd first come her to stay with Adrian. Nah, it was just, well, anywhere would probably seem hokey compared to 'The City'.

But that didn't stop me being pretty much bored off my balls all winter. Christmas hadn't been so bad. I was still not really talking with the 'rents so me and Adrian had rented a cabin in Aspen and had a fucking awesome time. We'd spent way too long on the ski-lift getting blazed and laughing at people falling over. I mean shit man, it was Colorado after all. But now we were back and there was only so much time I could stay cooped up in the house before I fucking lost it man. So I'd finally got my ass outta my PJ's, got changed and hopped in my car, figuring I'd at least find something to do at the mall.

So that was how I ended up in GameStop anyway. Not really surprising seeing all it was either here or the comic book store, but there were a few games I wanted to pick up that I hadn't gotten around to getting yet. Already I'd grabbed a copy of AC Unity - Dead Kings, but another idea popped into my head. I wandered over to the Steam gift cards, wondering if I'd finally getting Adrian one would help towards actually getting him to give PC gaming a try. Like, shit man he'd played the older Elder Scrolls games as a kid, but then just ended up one of those people who switch to console and never switched back. I grabbed the $50 one and stared at it, frowning.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Converting the Casual

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:03 pm

OOC Message
Outfit

"This is actually genius, Shells," Maggie exclaimed, her eyes lighting up.
What the fuck are you talking about? Since when do you play video games?
"Duh, girl, we're not looking for games are we?"
Fuck. Fuck and um.... fuck. This was always what it was about with Maggie. I fracking knew I would regret meeting her here. Plain and simple, I needed to get out of the house. It was my idea to go into GameStop and see what kind of deals there were. I mean normally I just bought shit online, but while I was here, I could compare prices, and sometimes nabbing the physical copy came with some extra special in game content. I wasn't an expert on that sort of thing. I usually just paid for the cheapest edition. I didn't have the luxury of special editions and shit like that.

Man, not that I'm shopping for the D but that was my plan you would be cramping my style. The look on her face was so fucking worth all of it.
"The SASS!"
I'm not kidding. I'm no feminazi but for fucks sake you're the reason people in my guild groan when they find out I'm a girl. Why don't you just wait at Wet Seal or something while I'm here. Because I'm actually going to be looking for something.
"No, no. What are you looking for? I'll help you find it so we can get out of here." I rolled my eyes, refused to answer her question and headed toward the PC games. I glanced at the dude checking out the Steam cards and I'll be fucking damned if Maggie didn't nudge the fuck out of me, to the point of had I not expected it I would have crashed into the pre-owned rack. Goddammit woman I'll kill you, I whispered.

"His hair, tho, you two are meant to be!" and to my horror she tapped on his shoulder.
"Hey, Steam, huh? That's my favorite game!"  FUCKING HELL that was her fucking suicide note right there because she just confirmed her death.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Would $50 dollars be enough? Seriously that was just pretty much the thing that was screwing me over. What if he caught the bug and wanted to buy more? I mean, shit, outside of the summer and winter sales games could be pretty damn priced. Shit, shittin' shit Mc'Shit, why the hell hadn't I though about this crap a week ago? Day Z had been on sale too like, yeah fuck it was alpha stage but realistic survival games like that were pretty much perfect for Adrian. 

Mannnnn, why was this so difficult? I mean I wasn't some elitist 'OMG PC Master Race 4EVA' prick, but you had to be stupid not to see it was superior. Like, consoles were great and all - especially for like the social features and shit. Co-op could be a real fucking blast and all, I could admit that. Ugh, seriously I was just giving myself a headache over freakin' nothing.
All my stupid, goin' nowhere thoughts cut off when I heard a high-pitched voice. Yeah okay so maybe it wasn't high-pitched but it sure as hell belonged to a girl. Two girls. I shook my head and tried to just focus on what I was doing, turning away when the voices got closer. I'd smoked a J in the car before headin' into the mall and my eyes were probably redder than the devils dick right now. Better to just avoid attention and shit. 'Course that fucking plan went right out the window when I felt a tap on my shoulder followed by probably the stupidest thing I'd ever hear.

Without thinking I turned, trying not to scowl and just frowning at her in confusion instead. Is that some kinda lame ass joke? 'Cuz it ain't funny. I looked at her for a second, not even the fact that she was cute helped what she'd said, then looked over at her friend. Two hot chicks in a video game store and no nerds around to have a heart attack over it. Is she shittin' me right now? Or did that just happen? I asked the blue haired one, still trying to figure out if the was some stupid dare. I turned back to the first chick, crossing my arm and waiting for some kind of response. I think Claire's is that way. Big purple sign, can't miss it. I said, pointing. Fucking stupid ass store. I knew 'cuz I'd had to take my sister there when she was younger. But seemed totally fitting for this chick.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Yeah, I know I shouldn't give two flying fucks about what people thought of me, but this was just downright embarrassing. At least a couple of options quickly came to mind. I could just quickly and quietly disappear into another aisle or another store and leave her in her attempts to dig herself out of her grave, or I could really stay and revel in the "I told you so" game. Actually, I was getting fed up with her pushing me in situations like this anyway.

No, sadly this is happening. I tried to drop her off at Wet Seal but it wasn't happening.
"Uh! Shells! Isn't this like those Ward of Warlock subscription cards you buy or whatever?"
Maggie, it would be in your best interest to stop talking. Why don't you hit up um.. Sephora or something before you derp any harder.

I sighed, then looking at the blue haired dude. Again, I wasn't supposed to give any fucks, but now I had a point to prove. I watched as Maggie walked off, and I could tell she was completely butt-hurt. Good for her. Sorry, she um.. she means well. So are you or are you not pumped about the Resident Evil remaster? I could see where some people might believe they're milking a dead cow or something. Personally, I thought it was a pretty brilliant idea. They did it to movies and music and shit - why not video games? And maybe I was a little spoiled too when it came to graphics. It's part of why I never got into the whole Minecraft craze.

Back to top Go down

Theo Lincoln |

Posted on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:15 am

Honestly? I'd kinda expected the blue-haired chick to like start seriously ragging on me for being a dick to her friend. Shit man, wasn't that like part of the girl rules or sisterhood or whatever the hell the referred to it as? I'd been in a few craptacular situations because of stuff like that. Fuck you'd swear one friend was the princess and the other was the butthurt knight wanting to defend her honor. Girls were still fuckin' weird, I thought by now they were 'sposed to seem less like another damn species? Nope, so wasn't happening so far anyway.

So yeah, I wasn't wayyyy fuckin' surprised when she actually agreed with me. Like, what? Man, that was pretty cool actually. I felt a little more relaxed knowing I wasn't about to get ranted at or anything.
Really? Why come to a store you obviously don't have and interest in and haven't a fuckin' cool about, huh? I looked at her when I spoke, then actually face palmed when she opened her mouth again. Was anything that came out of it not fucking stupid? Yeah seriously dude, you should just like, not open your mouth in here again. Trust me, your friend's givin' you some sound advice.

When she walked off I stared after her, still feeling just confused. I muttered 'Ward of Warlock' under my breath and shock my head, fully prepared to just go back to hunting for games and shit. I didn't even look and the other chick again until I heard her speak, a grin forming a what she said. Shut the front door, you're actually genuinely into games? I wasn't sure after you coming in here with her. I smirked a little, glancing at the door she'd left through. Seriously dude no offense to your friend but that was painful. I shook my head again, the shit, remembered she'd actually asked me a question. Shot sorry, yeah the Res remaster looks fuckin'-A, but dunno. Like I'm gonna wait awhile before I get it, I have so many game to finish, but it'll be hard man not gonna lie about that. I actually grinned then. I didn't have a problem with chicks gaming, even if they sucked. Guys could suck fucking balls too.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics