setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight - Page 2

[Private] Food Fight

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:51 am

You're preaching to the converted Lenny, I know how much diets suck. Try having them feature regularly in your life for like seven years and then come back and tell me how much they suck. I said, joking a little bit with him. I mean, yeah not getting to eat as much as you'd like of what you wanted wasn't the most fun thing in the world, but you got pretty used to it. Of course there was also the fact that it wasn't like I was strictly forbidden from eating chocolate and chips and things like that, I just had to be extremely careful with how much of those I ate. Everything in moderation, right? I laughed a little when Lenny said Richard sucked, not saying anything to contradict the statement. Yeah, he can be a pain in the butt, that's for sure, but I know that it's just part of his job and I'd rather here in from him than a photographer or the stylist. They'd be a lot crueler about it. I looked up at him, a little surprised by what he said, but a smile spread across my face regardless. Are you saying I look better with a little more 'junk in the trunk'? I said in a teasing tone, though really him saying that had made me feel better. My grin became a little wider then, my tone when I spoke even more teasing. I'm not sure I can blame him for that Lenny, you've got quite the cutey booty. I stuck my tongue out at him, wondering if I was going to have to dodge any flying cookie packets for saying so.

When he seemed happy with my peace-offering I could barely stop myself from letting out a sigh of relief. Good, that meant there'd be no arguments about it. Plus, Lenny's earlier words about me looking better had me feeling like maybe I could treat myself a little more often. I think I might even get myself a tub. Frozen yogurt is nice but it's no comparison. I nodded at his question, pulling the list out of the front pocket of my bag where I'd put it to make it easy to find. I unfolded the paper, skimming through the list. We've already got a lot of the stuff we need at home so I don't think we've even to get that much today. I just wanted to pick up some fresh steak and one of those packets of peppered sauce. I decided that getting one of those services to deliver the food did seem to impersonal after all. Plus we already did that for Christmas. I was going to pick up some fish too just in case. Lenny hadn't told me about any eating habits Helios might have so I was just assuming he ate what everyone else did. Just don't get your hopes up. I could cook reasonably well as long as it was an easy dish, and my food was edible, maybe even tasty. But I was nowhere near as great a cook as my mom had been. Fine, three packs but only this one time and only because of the part. I paused, biting my lip and wondering what to say in response to his mini-rant. I'm sure it's not all that bad Lenny. Isn't it a good sign that you're both such cookie fiends? Although I'm not sure how I feel about him enabling your bad habits. I joked, looking at the shelves we passed and adding the occasional item to the cart. How are things with Jesse though? I mean, he's such a nice guy but sometimes I get the feeling you're not all that happy? Like when he was using me as an excuse to not see him, that was a good clue.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:15 pm

I rolled my eyes and sighed at the thought of dieting for so long. Especially with an ass like Richard reminding you of shit… I pulled a face.  Quote Begin Crueler? And yeah, I do. Quote End  I stuck my tongue back out at Avery and sped up at her comment about my own ass, grinning through my flush as I pushed the cart off.  Quote Begin Fuck off. Quote End  I threw back at her. Fuck, did she have to describe it like that though? I wasn’t a fucking child and the way I could easily imagine the words in Richard’s voice just made me shudder slightly.  Quote Begin Maybe I should lose weight just to make him stop perving at me. Quote End

When we were back in the aisle I wondered if I could get away with keeping four packets in the cart and Avery not noticing. I started slowly putting some back, trying to arrange the others so it looked like there were less left in the cart.  Quote Begin Yeah, frozen yoghurt sucks too. Richard should take his diets and frozen yoghurt and fuck of somewhere. Quote End  I commented, slowly putting another packet back on the shelf as I chatted to Avery.  Quote Begin And yeah, you know I like your cooking and I bet Helios wouldn’t mind. Anyway those services people seem all fucking posh and shit. Quote End  The food had been nice but it was a bit too similar to how my parents had arranged stuff for big enough events.  Quote Begin Um, I dunno? I guess we’re happy or whatever. Quote End  I shrugged. Quote Begin It’d be better if he didn’t eat my fucking stuff though. Quote End  I replied, frowning at the thought of it. Quote Begin Or fucking call me all the time, I mean, shit, I see him loads, he doesn’t need to ring me the rest of the time too. It’s like I can’t fucking do anything without him wanting to talk about it or know about it or come over or meet up. He’s like a fucking girl with all that shit. Quote End  I rolled my eyes, then glanced to Avery.  Quote Begin Uh, no offence. …are you still seeing that guy? Quote End  I asked, remembering Avery had mentioned someone.  Quote Begin Steak next? Quote End  I asked, having put all the cookies back on the shelf except four packets, hoping Avery would get caught up in her list and not notice.  Quote Begin Or ice-cream? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Yeah like, they'd just be so much more rude about it. You see a photographer we look at and study a lot of your other pictures if he's going to be doing a shoot with you. It's usually so that he can figure out what angles and poses look best in his opinion, so that he can tell you what he wants when he's taking your picture. So he's going to notice if you look bigger than what he learnt from the photos. I sighed, thinking about how ridiculously melodramatic photographers could be. Honestly they were worse than the models most of the time. Especially the ones who'd photographed proper celebrities and though they were Gods' gift because of it. Stylists are always given your measurements so if you don't match up they gets so annoyed like you purposely gained weight just to make their job harder. But I value your opinion more than any of there's anyway. I laughed properly when he cursed, finding it funny. It was rare but it did happen sometime. I was glad I'd decided to say something that I'd heard Richard say in the past, knowing it'd get a reaction out of him. I don't think losing weight would stop him Lenny. He'll stop eventually but you're new blood as far as he's concerned. I said, reaching over and giving him a conciliatory pat on the shoulder.  Poor Lenny, but I was glad that Richard had zero interest in my butt.

As I read done further through the list I kept watch on Lenny out of the corner of my eye, taking note of each packet that he put back. I wasn't born yesterday and at this point I knew him well enough to know the extent of his thing about cookies. If I said he could keep four packs he'd try and sneak five. It was probably great training for having kids one day, though. You know if he really bothers you that much I'll tell him not to come by the house again. He can criticize my appearance over Skype instead. I said, laughing though I was totally serious about it. If Richard continued to make Lenny uncomfortable then I had absolutely no qualms in banning him from the house. You like any cooking you don't have to do yourself Lenny. I joked, smiling at him and folding the list away. I nodded at what he said about the food at Christmas being too posh, having felt the same myself. Did you let him know what I'd be cooking? Hopefully Lenny had mentioned it so Helios could at least speak up if he didn't like it. I frowned a little as I concentrated on listening to Lenny talk about Jesse, thinking about how nice a guy he seemed. Well maybe you could lock away your food after all. I tried to joke lamely, not sure what to say about the rest. If you feel suffocated then you should let him know, but I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be. Maybe it's just because you weren't in a relationship for so long? It was my turn to roll my eyes when he mentioned the girl thing, ignoring it and then feeling confused by his question. Seeing? I'm not seeing anyone- oh. You mean Jude don't you? It's not like that Lenny, he's just a nice man that I'd like spending time with. He's smart and has a good sense of humor and we talk intellectually, but it's just a friendship. I said, though I wondered if it was wrong of me to think that? I wasn't sure about Jude's thoughts on the matter and there were times were it was obvious that Jude as a prospective relationship would be a sensible choice. I definitely felt affection towards him, but it was hard to tell what I felt when I was on so many different medications to regulate my feelings anyway.

Ice-cream and steak can wait for now, I want to go and pick up some napkins. I'm not using the good ones after what you did to them at Christmas, Mr. Messy. I teased, walking to the front of the cart again and tugging it in the right direction while Lenny pushed it. Is there anything that isn't junk food that you want to get while we're here? I asked, not really expecting an affirmative answer.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:03 pm

I leaned on the handle of the shopping cart, raising my eyebrows up at Avery and listening.  Quote Begin Y’know, the more you tell me about modelling, the more it seems to suck. I dunno why you even do it. Quote End  I said, and slowly started pushing the cart forward, as lazily as I could.  Quote Begin Urrrgh. I mean, at Christmas and it was kind of obvious he liked Jesse too, but I was hoping that Richard’d… uh, sort of move onto him or whatever, but that didn’t really happen… Quote End  I sighed. No, not only did Richard keep checking out Jesse, but he still kept up his behaviour with me too. It wouldn’t have been so bad but him and Jesse actually fucking got on.  Quote Begin It’s not so bad, at least I don’t have to see him much. It’s your house. Quote End  I yawned.  Quote Begin And you can always warn me so I can go somewhere else, or put a lock on my underwear drawer so he doesn’t steal them or shit. Quote End  I smiled  but at the same time I was a bit disturbed at the thought. Why could I imagine Richard going through my boxers? Why the fuck was I even thinking about this?

I nodded vaguely, gaze tracking the different offers on the shelves as we walked past.  Quote Begin Uh, yeah. Sure. Quote End  I said, sure I’d mentioned something to Helios. I thought I could remember talking about food with him anyway, but whatever – it didn’t really matter because he’d probably like whatever Avery gave him.  Quote Begin And I would cook… you just don’t give me the chance… Quote End  I protested, my face scrunching up when I frowned thinking about Jesse. Jesse, and his endless phonecalls, and texts, and apps he made me get so we could use them to talk too… fuck.  Quote Begin What? It is bad, and.. I dunno. Suffocated? Uhh.. I thought this was what relationships were meant to be like – spending loads of time together and shit, yeah? Telling Jesse I feel suffocated or shit’s probably the same as dumping him. Quote End  I thought out loud. Who the fuck would tell someone that? Maybe that was why Avery was single.

I slouched along after Avery, having to move a little faster to keep the cart up with her pulling as she led the way to the napkins. Quote Begin Well what the fuck else are you meant to do with napkins? They’re for cleaning stuff up. Quote End  I pointed out. I scratched at my neck as I tried to think if I wanted anything else, stifling another yawn. It’d been a busy day at work.  Quote Begin And yeah, Jude. So… basically you mean you didn’t fuck him, right? Quote End  I asked as we finally entered the aisle, and received a dirty look from a woman going past us. I frowned after her and rolled my eyes, giving Avery a look.  Quote Begin Stupid bitch. And.. I dunno if there’s anything I need… some shaving gel? Quote End  I couldn’t remember if I’d got some the last time I’d been shopping, or if I hadn’t and needed some. Which one had it been?  Quote Begin And maybe some socks. They sell socks here, right? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Lenny made a good point about modelling and how I'd made it sound when I'd talked to him about it over that last couple of months. It really wasn't a job that everyone could do, and so many people burnt out  quickly doing it. Changing trends wasn't the only cause of all the different faces you saw from year to year. Still, though I'd decided to stop I knew I'd actually be sad when I finally did, not just relieved. It was a hard thing to explain. I do it because... Because I like how I feel about myself when I do, if that makes sense? I feel like a whole other person in front of the lens, and I like that, the break from being myself. I smiled to myself as I reached over and snatched a pack of honey granola bars as we neared the end of the aisle, wanting something sweet for myself that was still reasonably healthy. I'm starting to get annoyed with his behavior too, actually. It never used to bother me before but then I guess I never had a best friend who'd captured his interest so much. I teased, but still brooded on what I'd do about Richard. Warning you? That's definitely manageable. I gaped at Lenny slight when he mentioned Richard doing that. I think I'd actually die if I even found out he'd done something like that. I shook my head, trying to dispel the image of Richard doing something so weird.

His nod and less-than-certain response didn't exactly fill me with confidence, but I decided to let it slide and maybe just pick up that fillet I'd been thinking of as a back-up plan in case Helios didn't eat eat red meat. Maybe a breast of chicken too, or was that overdoing it? Oh, please. That's so not true seeing as you just suggest take-out anytime I don't want to cook. I said with a grin, only half-joking. Wow, how did people anyone managed to put these things together without someone helping them plan it? Lenny's words about Jesse pulled me back from my thoughts and I managed to focus on him and his problems instead of my own, which seemed frankly petty in comparison. I don't think it's the same thing at all Lenny! In any relationship with problems I think verbal resolution is the only way to go. A relationship can't last without communication. I looked at him over my shoulder, feeling a twinge of worry for him. But if you don't feel comfortable discussing even that with you're boyfriend then maybe that says a lot in itself? I said, musing aloud more than anything.

Yeah they are, that's very true Lenny. But they also mean to be washed afterwards so the stains come out, not stuffed down the side of the sofa seat. I arched a brow at him, giving him a steady look for all of five seconds before what he said next had me blushing like I was a teen rather than a grown woman. I coughed a little, choking on nothing but air and then cleared my throat. No, um, we definitely have not done that. And it's not in the cards either before you ask. I tried to throw the older woman we passed an apologetic look but had no way of knowing if she saw me or not. Shaving gel is east enough, and remind me of a few toiletries I've to pick up myself. We'll get your socks in a bit, closer things first. I pulled the cart forward another bit and tried to remember where each on the things we needed were. How's the work on Annie going, by the way? I asked as the thought popped into my head.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics