setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight - Page 10

[Private] Food Fight

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:00 pm

There were just so many flaws in his logic that I honestly didn't have the heart to start pointing them all out. But that didn't mean I wouldn't at least attempt to try point out some assumptions he'd made. First of all he had his own purchases so I don't think money was an issue, and he wasn't carrying all of the bags. I was carrying the one with the frozen items. I thought it would've been very unfair of me to have him carry that and deal with the emanating chill when he had already been doing such a nice thing. Though I realized Lenny couldn't have known that so I just gave up and sighed. Just... next time maybe you could ask before going off on a wild goose chase. And no more jumping out of cars, moving or otherwise. At least not when I'm driving. I said, trying to sound stern but knowing the effect was somewhat ruined by the smile curving my lips. He was just so... unbelievable at time, but mostly in a good way.

He offered? That struck be as, well, a little strange really. Of course it was a lovely gesture but they hadn't been together that long. I'd've assumed things like that would wait until much closer to the one year mark. Well, I suppose that was pretty nice of him. I was glad Lenny had declined at any rate. I didn't think I'd be able to stop myself from intervening if Jesse started to practically live there. It was my house after all, and as nice as he was I didn't want Jesse living there. Thankfully Lenny's words pulled me from my thoughts, though when he'd finished I wasn't sure I'd have preferred he hadn't. My opened wide in response to the word 'vibrator', and my gaze went to him, pulled from the road out of shock for a brief moment before I realized what I'd done and snapped my attention back. I- Lenny- why on earth would you even say that? Did I seem like the type of woman who would actually own one of those? Good Lord. I would never buy one of those they're... tasteless. - And no, I don't mean their 'taste' as in with your mouth or- oh God just- Lenny. I exhaled, wishing I didn't have to drive so I could cover my face.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:21 am

I sighed, and glanced to Avery with one eyebrow raised. Quote Begin Well you didn't tell me that, what the fuck was I meant to think? And I wasn't chasing anything, I was just checking the trunk. Quote End

Was it nice of Jesse? I wasn't sure, so I just shrugged. Even if it was nice, he probably would've expected something in return, or it would've meant he'd spend even more time at the house. Fuck, he might've even tried to sneakily move in or shit if I'd accepted...

I'd been picking at my nails and my head suddenly snapped back up. I looked at Avery, not sure whether to be confused, or to laugh, my expression an unusual mix of frown and smirk. Quote Begin What?Quote End I stared at Avery, wondering why she was basically telling me off. It didn't fill me with great vibes, considering her future career. Quote Begin Well, you've got the shitty teacher stuff down already, but what? Why the fuck are you even talking about tasting a vibrator?Quote End Sometimes I really didn't understand Avery, and that was one of the moments I really didn't understand her. What the fuck was she on? Quote Begin What's the big deal, anyway? I thought all women secretly had them, or, I dunno, a dildo instead or whatever. Fuck, it was just a joke. You don't need to crash the car over it. Quote End I said, and even though I sounded annoyed, my amusement at Avery's expression and her red cheeks was winning out. I ducked my head down and pressed my thumb to my lips, trying to hide my smirk. Instead a bubble of laughter burst out of my mouth.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:53 am

If I'd known you were going to suddenly jump out of the car I'm sure I would've informed you. I smiled a little then, though I didn't forget how frustrating it was to have to deal with. I'd thought of Lenny reminding me of a kid before, just maybe worse because he knew that he could get away with ignoring corrections on his behavior. And a 'wild-goose chase' just basically means that what you did was a futile errand really. No matter what he said it was just ice-cream and I'd never understand his reaction.

Shitty what?! I could feel my hands clench on the steering wheel and then noticed the light ahead turn red. Perfect. I turned to look coolly at Lenny, his comment still ringing in my ears and pushing me to stay what I said next. Well thankfully when I do become a teacher I'll be teaching college level students with an incredible understand of the English language. Students who will know that 'tasteless' is a word that has too meaning and be able to judge which was meant by the context in which it was used. I paused, realizing my irritation had changed to exasperation and then on to amusement. To put it simply... I won't have to put things simply then. I shook my head, glancing out of the windshield to check on the lights. Tasteless means vulgar or gross. So no, I definitely do not secretly own one of those... I just don't own one. I grinned then, looking at him slyly. Not just women own them Lenny. Maybe you're the one with a secret vibrator. I teased, noticing the light change back to green and starting forward again. How was it we always ended up talking about these things anyway.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:32 am

Quote Begin Well what the fuck did you think I was going to do? What if he had stolen it? And it wasn't... futile.. or whatever, and don't do that thing where you use stupid big fucking words to make it seem like you're right, because it won't work - and I was just checking, and if I hadn't checked and he had stolen it then it wouldn't be so fucking.. futile then, would it?Quote End I rolled my eyes and sighed, just in time for us to come to a stop and have Avery give me one of her looks.

I stared ahead, pointedly, and then rolled my eyes to the side so I was watching her, my arms folded. Of course she was just carrying on with the teacher stuff, but not only was she lecturing like she was a teacher, she was actually talking about being a teacher too. I was so fucking confused. My unimpressed stare morphed into a disbelieving one, wondering why she was still going on and if Avery would work out that I had no idea why she was even talking about that stuff. I just blocked out what she was saying in the end, my mind drifting to the groceries in the trunk, what movie I could watch with some of the ice-cream.

Avery looked away and I focused back onto what she was saying, hoping it hadn't been too obvious I was listening. Quote Begin Hm?Quote End I frowned when I realised she was still talking about that shit, but was also trying to tell me stuff I already knew.Quote Begin Uhhh... what? I know what tasteless means, I'm not a fucking idiot. I wasn't even talking about that - you mentioned a mouth. And how's it gross, anyway? It's just... I mean, it's just sex.Quote End I shook my head at Avery this time, smirking a bit at her.

The lights turned green, and although I wasn't exactly embarrassed about the subject, I still felt flushed when Avery turned the tables on me. Quote Begin I don't have anything like that. Not anymore, anyway, I didn't pack that shit when I moved out of my par... shit.Quote End I stopped mid-sentence when I suddenly realized something, a full flush spreading across my face. Ant told me our parents had cleared out my old room and even if I wasn't speaking to them, the thought of what exactly my parents might have found when they cleared it out was mortifying. I wasn't even sure which was worse, imagining my mom finding any of that stuff, or my father. For once I hoped they had paid some help to do it instead.. a stranger going through my old stuff wasn't exactly a nice idea, but it was a better alternative than my parents.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:38 pm

But why would someone steal cookies? You'd think someone that desperate would try rob your car before your cookies. Really was there any logical argument I could present which he might agree with? I highly doubted it and yet for some reason I kept trying. With anyone else I'd probably have given up. I don't use 'big words' to sound like I'm right, that's ridiculous. I do it because it comes naturally. I like using the English language to it's full potential. I shrugged and decided I really did just want to let the whole topic drop. The thought had probable already crossed my mind but already I could remember. Well at least nothing was stolen in that case. Hopefully that would appease him.

Oh, he knew? I wasn't surprised that he did but, well, okay maybe I was a little surprised but not for the reasons you'd assume. I'm sorry for assuming you didn't. I don't think you're an idiot. You just tend to be very literal with the things you say so I thought when I'd said tasteless you'd think I meant no taste, that's why I said I didn't mean 'with your mouth'. So that had actually been me at fault there, which immediately made me feel guilty. Honestly, I apologize for being presumptuous.

I frowned a little at his question. I just... really don't like the idea of it. I can't picture using- I mean I just don't think I could do that. Great, now I felt even more embarrassed by the whole ridiculous topic. At least I managed a short laugh at what he followed it up with. I would not consider using... that to be the same as having sex, but each to there own. If that's what he thought I wasn't about to try and question him about it. I didn't even want to prolong the conversation any more.

The traffic was pretty light after our time spent doing the grocery shopping, and for that I was relieved. I definitely needed a long soak in the tub to wipe away any leftover tension from the trip. Lenny and I argued fairly little and rarely seriously, but that didn't mean his stubbornness didn't have an effect. Maybe I was just overly sensitive? I made up my mind to try be nicer for the rest of the drive and even opened my mouth, about to brush past the silly comment I'd just made when he actually- oh my. What? I practically squeak, once again cursing the fact that I was driving and had to force my gaze straight ahead. I didn't- I was just kidding Lenny, I mean- What did I mean? My mind was a little frazzled by the whole idea- no, I was not going there. I paused realizing he'd cursed but I hadn't heard the rest of his sentence. Wait, what's the problem?

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics