setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight - Page 8

[Private] Food Fight

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:47 am

Oh my God Lenny, you are exaggerating so much. I don't see why you're even getting so worked up over this. It's not like she insulted you, in fact, you seem to be the one who was insulting by responding rudely to a perfectly innocent question. I drew in a fortifying breath, trying my downright hardest not to roll my eyes at how... how childishly Lenny was behaving right then. He was my best friend and I loved me dearly, but he really did test my patience sometime. Mainly just by refusing to see things from any point-of-view but his own. 

His next words drew a frown from me, and I narrowed my eyes when I looked at him. Nobody deserves to be lonely. Nobody. Not because they own cats or dogs or even a moose. Even people who seem intent of pushing everyone away don't deserve loneliness Lenny. I sighed as the fight went out me, privately thinking that maybe I'd though that was something he could relate to. But I couldn't argue with him over this. It was much too exhausting, especially knowing he'd never concede his point, not when he was so wholly convinced he was in the right. If you think asking you one question about cats is 'going on about it' then you're perfectly entitled to your opinion Lenny. I said as I turned my attention back to the cashier, noting the look of amused sympathy on her face.

I shrugged a his question, not totally sure why I'd brought it up anymore. I wasn't going to get worked up over anything else today, not if I could help it. I scanned the groceries, trying to see if Lenny had snuck anything else in but instead my eyes caught on the two pill containers I'd spotted and picked up. Those ones with a little box for each day of the week. I'd vaguely remembered Lenny saying he often forgot to take his prescriptions, so I'd thought they'd be useful - but pointing them out right then didn't seem like the best idea. No, I definitely said three. I know because I was being nice and said you could have two, but then you said three and that's what was agreed on. I smirked a little bit, glancing at him. Plus, I think it's fair to say that out of the two of us I'm definitely not the forgetful one. Over the years I'd gotten very good at committing things to memory, seeing as the feeling of forgetting things made me feel antsy and uncomfortable. Dan had said that was linked to my OCD and that forgetting things was normal. I knew he was right but old habits were hard to break.

Lenny's questions jerked me out of my thoughts and I looked at him, eyebrow arched and a grin on my face. You want to help pack? Don't you mean you wan to throw everything into bags indiscriminately? I laughed and nudged him with my elbow, shaking my head in an emphatic no. Why don't you go get your cigarettes while I take care of this, then I'll meet you at the car. I'd get everything packed much quicker that way, and we hadn't gotten so much that I couldn't handle the bag myself.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 pm

My lips pursed together as I frowned at Avery. I wondered why the fuck she was taking the crazy woman's side. Quote Begin I'm not, and I wasn't fucking rudeQuote End I muttered, turning away and rolling my eyes. That woman was the one who'd been rude. [b]Quote Begin Even a moose? I'd rather have a moose than a fucking cat.Quote End I said, more loudly this time so Avery could hear, and dropped the bag and items I was trying to put into it. It was hard to feel annoyed when I was getting out of packing and I smiled at the mention of cigarettes.

Quote Begin I'm not forgetful, fuck, but yeah.. okay...Quote End I said, watching the bags of cookies go through the scanner out of the corner of my eyes. Fuck yes - there was nothing Avery could do now. Quote Begin But it is one for each of us anyway, it.. kinda makes sense? And I'll pay extra or whatever? Okay? Quote End I added on, though I already believed I'd gotten away with it. If it'd been scanned, we'd basically fucking bought it already. My next step would be trying to hide them from Jesse back home, when he acted like he fucking owned the place and would open cupboards looking for snacks and everything. Quote Begin I'll see you at the car anyway.Quote End I said, walking off to go and get my cigarettes as Avery had been great enough to remind me.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:09 pm

I decided not to reply to the matter of whether he'd been rude or not. I knew Lenny and I knew doing so would be totally pointless. But his statement about the moose brought a grudging smile to my face. I don't know anyone who hates cats enough to prefer a moose. Are you secretly Canadian, Lenny? I joked, glad to feel my irritation falling away.  I didn't know what it was about but as swiftly as he could annoy me, he could make me smile even quicker. I laughed at little at his claim that he wasn't forgetful, deciding not to point out all the evidence I had to the contrary. I shook my head at his offer, Keep your money Lenny. It's your health I'm thinking of, not money. I liked taking care of expenses and knowing it left him with more money in his pocket. I had plenty, both from my job and from inheritance. I gave him a quick wave as he walked away before turning my attention back to packing the bags.

It was only when I'd packed everything and payed that I realized I'd forgotten to take all the wine into account when it came to carrying everything. The three bags I ended up with were far heavier and unwieldy than I'd anticipated. I struggled as far as the door before I had to put them down. Maybe if I rearranged them...? "Need some help there?" I turned, seeing a young-ish guy, probably early twenties, standing beside me. Oh... um... I bit my lip, noting that he only had a six-pack of beer but not wanting to put him out. Are you sure? I wouldn't want to be a bother- "Nah, you're cool. Guys see's a lovely girl struggling and the testosterone kinda demands that you offer to help." He joked, making me laugh and nod in acceptance of his offer. 

He carried two of the bags, and with only one left to me progress to my car was very quick. He whistled when we got to it. "An Audi? Nice choice." I smiled broadly patting the top of the car before moving to open the trunk. Thanks, she's my favorite car so far. After everything was packed securely in the back and I waved goodbye to him as he walked off. He hadn't even tried to make a move or anything, making me think that he was just a genuinely nice person, which was wonderful really.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:55 am

By the time I'd queued, bought my cigarettes and then remembered I'd come separately from Avery and so had no fucking idea where the car was, she'd already finished packing up and paying and was nowhere in sight for me to follow her. I walked back out to the car lot and stood near the door, surveying the cars with a frown. I lit up a cigarette while she wasn't there to give me looks about it.

Avery might have had bright red hair but it still took me a few minutes to spot her and the car, raising my eyebrows when I saw she wasn't alone. I walked over as slowly as possible so I didn't waste my cigarette, watching the two of them. Just as I was nearly there the guy walked off, and I walked up to Avery with a big grin, reaching out to poke her side.

Quote Begin Who was that, huh?Quote End I asked, watching him walk off. Quote Begin He's cute.. did you get his number?Quote End Maybe there was hope for one of us, and Avery could fuck away her frustration sooner that probably either of us had thought.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 am

My gaze trailed after the guy who was walking back to his own car now, a smile smile still playing about my lips just from the fact that I'd bumped into a truly nice stranger today. I couldn't imagine anyone failing to see what was nice about that. Of course, that fact that he'd called me 'lovely' and complimented my car had definitely attributed to it leaving me in such a good mood. I could say I'd enjoyed but compliments equally but that would exactly be truthful of me, there'd definitely been a favorite.

I didn't even hear anyone approaching, too wrapped up in thoughts about nice people and hearing nice things, so I jumped a little when I felt a prod to my side. I whipped around, feeling instantly relief when I noticed that it was just Lenny. Who was who? I said with pretend innocence. There was no need to be secretive about it in anyway, but teasing Lenny with the possibility of gossip was always fun.

Of course I didn't keep it up for long, especially knowing that there wasn't even anything to hide in this situation. He was just a man who happened to be nice enough to offer me help with carrying the bags. I totally overestimated my own ability to do so. I paused, smiling at Lenny calling him cute. No, I didn't get his number. I didn't even ask him what he's name was, though I feel a little bad about that now. I moved to the door, opening it and getting into the driver's seat, hand going automatically to the seat belt. I waited until Lenny got in to continue. Plus he looked a little young for me, couldn't have been far past twenty, twenty-one. I was twenty-six and that really did seem much too young to me.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics