setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight - Page 6

[Private] Food Fight

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Jeez Lenny, I don't thinks it's abnormal that you haven't done it. Obviously you've got your reasons for that. You can't compare yourself to what is assumed by the masses to be 'normal'. People forget that things like that can just broadly apply to every individual, it's ridiculous to think otherwise. I'd heard how he'd sounded when he'd said that and my heart had gone out to him, even thought I wasn't totally aware of what the actual problem was. I hated the idea of him feeling bad over something like that. Who cares what 'most people' would've done. Most people suck, right? I gave him a reassuring smile and hope that he'd stop thinking about it like that, like there was some expectation that he was meeting. Society and media already put so much pressure on people, setting ideals to aim for. It wasn't fair nor was it right. Okay, if you say it's complicated then I believe you and that's all there is to it. I gave him my own little nonchalant shrug then, letting him know that I wasn't about to push and pry into whatever was going on with him and Jesse.

So maybe bringing up Brad hadn't been the smartest thing I'd ever done, but I'd mentioned it on the fly without thinking it through. Fair enough. Really what else was I supposed to say to that? Contradict him about something that he'd been the one involved in, not me? Hardly. There was still no way even Lenny knew how far things would've gone if I hadn't walked in... but there was no way I was about to mention that. Though I ended up wishing I had said it as a diversion when Lenny asked about me being frustrated. Oddly enough though I wasn't overly embarrassed by the question. Maybe we'd already filled my daily quota of sex talk embarrassment. Yeah it's... been awhile. Like, a long while. I rolled my eyes and unnecessarily blew a strand of hair away from my face. Sometimes I forget about it, busy with other things. Then other times... yeah, let's just say you'd be right to guess I'm frustrated too.

I was actually relieved when Lenny mentioned leaving the other thing for another day. I'd done my best to plan and time everything perfectly, but having some extra to work with could end up making all the difference. There was no way I was messing up this meal. Sure, we'll just pick up the meat and wine too. I'll do it while you go get the ice cream? I suggested, though we'd another couple of aisle to go before we'd be splitting up. I grinned at his response, glad that something as simple as grabbing some beer for him could get him to smile after the black mood he'd seemed to slip into before. Of course I did and they're not gory Lenny, they're crime dramas. And some are actual documentaries about FBI cases so there's absolutely zero gore in those. I mock glared at him for a moment before I couldn't keep the face on any longer, smiling at him again. Those cooking shows are pretty great though, that's true. A way for my to watch TV and actually stand a chance at learning something too, so I wasn't just sitting there mindless killing my brain cells. I sighed at his question, stopping since we'd reached the point where'd we'd have to go to different areas. Why would I willingly remind you to go buy yourself some cancer-sticks? I shook my head, looking at him in exasperation. Fine, I will. Anyway you go grab some ice cream. You better get a carton of strawberry. We'll meet at the checkout.

A while later I was standing by the checkout. I'd pick up a shopping basket to hold the wine and meats in, but it was heavy enough that my arm had already started to hurt from holding it. I tapped my foot against the floor and waited for Lenny.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:09 am

I nodded at Avery as if I agreed, but it was only an attempt to try and bring a stop to the topic. In some small way I did think that most people sucked, and wanted to smile and joke along with Avery, but that part of me was almost forgotten, an old part of me from before I couldn't be that person any more, and was overshadowed by my preoccupations. The problem was that even if most people sucked, they still expected shit like that, and it wasn't normal if you didn't do it - you weren't normal if you didn't do it. Jesse, was normal. Jesse, expected things, and he was going to continue to expect things. And I had no fucking clue how to let him know that I wasn't comfortable with it, without just telling him everything or leaving him wondering. And I didn't want either of those things to happen. I wanted Jesse to think I was normal too.

Quote Begin Yeah, it's complicated.Quote End I repeated, feeling relieved that the conversation was over, though also slightly guilty, awkward... something, that I couldn't quite describe. I laughed without any real force behind it, and smiled at Avery. Quote Begin It's like we're in the worst fucking competition ever.....Quote End I groaned, and shook my head. My gaze trailed down the aisle and in the direction of the freezers. Quote Begin Ice-cream, I can get all the fucking ice-cream we can eat to make us forget about all this shit. Ice-cream and your weird gory TV shows.Quote End I said it with a smile though, looking forward to what I was sure would be an evening holed up on the couch with Avery, eating ice-cream and maybe for once, watching what she wanted to watch. If Jesse called or texted I'd already decided just to tell him I wasn't feeling great and for him not to come over. I hadn't even seen him that day, and yet I'd had enough of him being in my thoughts without having to spend the evening with him too. Quote Begin Not everyone who smokes gets cancer, and doctors talk shit most of the time anyway.Quote End I said, rolling my eyes at Avery as we walked in opposite directions. Most of the doctors I'd met in hospital were just stupid. Why the fuck would my operations be affected by my smoking when I was all healed up - and it wasn't like smoking had done anything to me before. I didn't even smoke that much. So fuck them.

A carton of strawberry ice-cream, three cartons of chocolate ice-cream and a lot of consideration over brands and offers later, I finally started walking towards the meeting point. I rearranged the cartons in my arms as I ambled along, my skin getting too old where I held them.

I could see Avery's bright hair easily out of all the people queuing to pay and headed straight for her. I dumped two of the cartons in Avery's basket before my fucking fingers froze off. Quote Begin They were buy three, get one free.Quote End I said, before Avery could get a word in on how we probably didn't need that many. Quote Begin Want me to hold it?Quote End I gestured to the probably quite heavy basket, hoping that if I offered as well then she'd be less likely to make me go and put any ice-cream or cookies back when it came to paying.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:36 am

What Lenny said had me letting out a heartfelt sigh. Why do so many things in life have to be complicated? I think if anything ever came easily I'd be so shocked that I'd mess it up and make it complicated anyway. I laughed a what he said, nodding my head while inwardly thinking that it wasn't just the worst competition but also the most pathetic. On my part at least seeing as I still didn't know what was going on with Lenny. If it is a competition then I'd say I've got you beat. You said four months, yes? Try over a year and see how you feel then. I said in a joking manner, trying to seem lighthearted about the whole thing but failing and just sighing again. Maybe I'm just too picky? I mean, some of the medication I'm on kind of effects the whole 'sex drive' thing, but it shouldn't turn me into a nun. I stopped, realizing that I was probably venturing into the realm of TMI and didn't want to make Lenny uncomfortable. 

Oh, that sounds really good actually. Drowning our woes in dairy goodness. Thank God neither of us are lactose intolerant. My mind reeled just at the thought of how awful that would be. Ice cream was exactly what I needed after our conversation, Richard and his comments about my butt be damned. Right, not everyone. But isn't it still better to be safe than sorry? I shrugged and gave up, not really wanting to start an argument over it. At the end of the day Lenny was a grown man and could make his own decisions about whatever toxins he decided to ingest.

When I finally spotted Lenny heading toward me I smiled, but it quickly slipped off when I realized that something was off, even if I didn't spot it immediately. I frowned, knowing that it wasn't the ridiculous amount of ice-cream he was carrying, even though I immediately felt like sending him to put some back. My balance tipped slightly as he put them in the basket and I frowned down at the cartons for a moment before Lenny's words distracted me. Three get one free? That's a really weird deal. Did you check if they were close to the expiration date? Though knowing Lenny he'd just use that as an excuse to eat more of it so it 'wouldn't go to waste'. I blinked again when he asked about holding the basket, my response automatic without really thinking about what I was saying. No it's fine you already have to handle the- I stopped, finally realizing what had bugged me and berating myself for not noticing immediately. Lenny, where's he cart? You know, the one with all the food in it? I arched a brow and managed to keep my face a blank mask even though I just wanted to burst into laughter right then.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:26 am

Avery was right, but although she laughed about things being complicated, it just made me frown. It dragged me back down into my miserable mood and it was only Avery's comment of a year that pulled me out of it. Quote Begin a year?Quote End I stared at her, eyes wide before shaking my head. Quote Begin ..shit.Quote End After I'd gotten over the initial shock, it was quickly replaced with annoyance. Why was Avery so fucked off about it when it was her fault she hadn't fucked anyone? I almost wished I had that side effect from my own medication, so I wasn't stuck still wanting sex when I was too worried what the consequences of trying might be to actually do it. Quote Begin Well, go out and find someone then, I mean, fuck, there'd be loads of guys you could choose from if you went to a club or bar or shit. It doesn't have to be complicated for you, you've got a choice.Quote End I frowned at Avery, then glanced off up the aisle. Quote Begin And I like smoking.Quote End I said before I walked off.

----

My hopeful smile dropped off my face at Avery's frown, and I tried to prepare what to say to whatever complaining shit she'd have. I shifted my arm that held the surprisingly heavy basket, balancing the ice cream cartons on top. I glanced down to them, frowning myself this time.

Quote Begin Yeah, buy three. And what? Ice-cream doesn't expire?Quote End I half asked, half argued, sure I'd never seen such a thing as moldy ice-cream. Obviously it'd go bad if you left it out of the freezer but that was different to an actual use-by date or whatever. How the fuck would ice-cream even go moldy? It was in a fucking freezer.

At Avery's question I glanced from the ice-cream cartons to Avery, my face blanking as she stared at me. Quote Begin Huh? What? The cart?Quote End I repeated. I looked all around us, brow furrowing. Fuck, yeah, the shopping cart - the one all the cookies were in. Why wasn't it there? Quote Begin I dunno what happened to it, where did you last see it? Did someone actually.. fucking steal it right in front of you or shit? What the fuck?Quote End I asked, setting the basket down and continuing to look around us, stretching to see the tills in case someone had stolen our stuff and was paying for it.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Was it ridiculous that Lenny's reaction to what I'd told him sort of... well, hurt actually. I didn't thin he'd meant it as hurtful but even though I'd joked about being picky it was more than that and part of me had been hoping for reassurance. Sure, he medicine tended to have that effect but I'd exaggerated how often it happened, especially as I built up an immunity to it over time. The real problem was me and how I felt about myself a lot of the time. I was frustrated but when it came to actually sealing the deal with a guy lately I'd start having second thoughts. It was like I lost all confidence in myself and all my problems with self worth would come rising back up to the surface. But I didn't say any of that to Lenny because I wasn't sure he'd even understand. Yeah... maybe I could do that. I just don't want to do it with some random guy for one night. I sighed and then gave Lenny a weary smile, deciding to just stop bothering him with my problems when he obviously had enough of his own to deal with. And fine, smoke away. But I'm not going to stop bugging you to come running with me. At least I could try combat all the damage he did to himself and do something in the way of keeping him healthy.

Well, it doesn't exactly go off Lenny, not in the sense that it becomes bad for your health to eat. But it can recrystallize and that makes it chunky and taste... less than great anyway. Though a small voice in my head said that probably wouldn't stop Lenny from eating it, especially if it was chocolate ice-cream. I'd never known anyone who liked chocolate anything as much as Lenny. Maybe it was all those extra endorphin's that it had. I for one wasn't in a hurry to see how grumpy Lenny would get if someone were to cut off his chocolate supply.

Wow. Just wow. My lips twitched at the blank expression on Lenny's face and I started shaking my head before he'd even started speaking, already half expecting the answer before he gave it. This was just such a typical Lenny thing for him to do. I didn't have the cart Lenny. I paused, giving him a moment for that to sink in before I continued. You left it in the freezer aisle, didn't you? I was at that point that I couldn't hold back a laugh anymore, as much as I didn't want him to think it was at his expense. I covered my mouth with one hand and took a deep breath, regaining my composure before speaking again. Don't worry, I'll go get it. Just... try not to lose the basket while I'm gone- I turned away then, shoulders shaking as I started laugh again.

When I returned with the cart I couldn't meet Lenny's gaze, afraid that I'd just start giggling all over again. After all, being forgetful was one thing but Lenny brought that to a whole new level. The line had moved enough that we were next, just after a little old lady with a tin of cat food and a few different types of fruit.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics