setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight - Page 5

[Private] Food Fight

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:33 pm

I had asked Avery if she'd 'planned sexual stuff', but even though I glared a bit and wanted to argue that she'd started it, I didn't. I didn't know what I wanted any more, because I did want sex, but sex how I used to find it, not how it had to be now, so I didn't want what I was scared sex would be for me. I liked Jesse, fuck, I found him attractive and yeah, I wanted to fuck him, but I didn't want everything to go to shit if I did and stuff happened.. or didn't happen. I wasn't sure what would be worse.

Quote BeginOh, okay.Quote End I let Avery take the filters off of me and followed her back to the cart, quiet and listening. She didn't seemed to be pissed anymore somehow and I was done figuring out why. If it'd gone that quick it had to be hormonal shit. I took the handle of the cart and tapped my fingers against it, glancing up to her. If what she said was true then Jesse was a teenage boy which was sort of funny because of how much Avery liked him... but also not.

Quote Begin What? No.. I didn't think that you were an expert or whatever... I guess... you just know so much stuff, I just thought you'd know.Quote End I shrugged back - it was simple to me. Avery was definitely the cleverest person I knew. I snorted. Quote Begin More than me, anyway...but, I guess I do kind of feel.... out of my depth.Quote End I admitted, picking at my nails. I was almost weird how Avery had summed up how I felt so easily. How the fuck did she even do that? It struck me, and I found myself saying more than I'd imagined, but it also pulled honesty out of me. Quote Begin I think Jesse wants to.Quote End I blurted out, and then sighed. Quote BeginWell.. I know he wants to. Wants it to happen.Quote End He'd made that pretty clear. I looked up from my boots to Avery, then back to the shopping cart with nervousness. Maybe it'd be okay if I just pretended I hadn't said anything. Quote Begin What do we need next?Quote End I asked, quickly.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:28 am

So I hadn't expected that he'd cause a scene over the filters or anything, but the way he'd just accepted it without even asking 'why' they were better was a little strange. Not that Lenny was argumentative or anything but... no, actually he was argumentative. So he almost meek response had me wondering if he had something on his mind. Either that or the more likely idea that I was totally overreacting. They were just filters after all. Oldest trick in the book really, saying they're better than their competitors without backing it up. Never trust a product that markets itself like that. I opened my list again, just double checking that I had everything I needed from this aisle. The list itself was very long, not surprising since I came here once every fortnight, determined to keep on top of the household chores. Okay, so I cheated a bit by have a cleaning lady coming every second day, but I stayed on top of laundry and keeping it clean between her visit.

The alcohol is nearer to the cashiers, so I think we'll have to get that last. Did you say whether you'd like to try the rosé I mentioned? I don't think you did... I trailed off, annoyed  couldn't remember whether he'd said anything about it or not. I'd gotten annoyed at him soon after asking and that had probably clouded my focus.

His words wrought a laugh from me, but beneath the humor I felt at his statement there was the feeling of surprise. He actually thought I knew a lot? It was kind of sweet of him, a little adorable really, not that I'd ever tell him that. He was just trying to make conversation or prying or anything that had popped into my head since the discussion started. No, he seemed to be genuinely asking for my advice, though I still wasn't sure why until he blurted out those words and mentioned Jesse. Hey, hold up there a moment. Are you saying you and Jesse haven't done it yet? What the heck have I been giving you guys all the space and alone time for? I frowned, thinking about all the shows I'd had to record and watch late because they'd been snuggling on the couch and I didn't want to get in the way of it... developing to more. Is there a reason you haven't done it with him yet? Like, you seem attracted to him and he's definitely attracted to you. I completely ignored his question about what we had to get next, too curious about what he'd let slip.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Quote BeginYeah, I mean, I'll try the rose.Quote End I said, still picking at my nails.

My concentration on the sore skin round my nails intensified when Avery honed in on what I'd let slip out. I winced, frowning myself, and then sighed. I opened my mouth to say something only I didn't know what the fuck to say, so I sighed again and shrugged. I felt so wound up. Someone walked by a little too close and I hoped Avery didn't notice that I'd flinched.

I shrugged again and tried to act like I didn't care. The truth was, the reason I hadn't done much sexually with Jesse was because I was scared. It made me feel stupid and small, but it was difficult to escape that feeling. Even just thinking about it had me on edge. It didn't help that Avery was surprised, even after what she'd said about timing. If anything, she almost seemed angry that I hadn't fucked Jesse, and I felt a shock of guilt run through me.

I shook my head and folded my arms. Quote Begin I... I, yeah, I like him, I think he's hot, I just... it's complicated.Quote End I finally said, shrugging again. It was as close as I wanted to get to the truth. Quote Begin I don't want to complicate shit. And I mean... I've suc- we've done some stuff, to keep him happy and whatever, it's just...Quote End I broke off again, mid sentence, not sure how to continue. I felt so out of my depth, and from the pressure to say something that wasn't something I didn't want to talk about, my temper flared up.

It only got worse when I remembered of how annoyed Avery had seemed. Why the fuck was she annoyed? I was the one who was left on the couch with Jesse and having to make up excuses why we couldn't do stuff because she'd been off giving us 'alone time'! Quote Begin And I told you, I've been saying that you didn't need to leave us alone watching TV, that you could watch it with us, for weeks! He's even worse when we're on our own.Quote End I said, both angry and pleading that she wouldn't keep doing it, finally the fact I'd been blaming Avery for making it more difficult to avoid things with Jesse rising to the surface.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:33 pm

There's every chance you might like it. It's almost like fruit juice but with an alcoholic twist. The one I'm thinking about is anyway. Plus I already picked up your favorite beer from the liquor store when I was getting some bourbon. I didn't think you'd want to be stuck trying to put up with wine and hard liquor all night. I smiled, feeling a little concerned for how he'd started acting. Maybe there was more to all this talk about sex than I'd thought. If that was the case then I was doing a horrible job at saying the stuff a best friend was supposed to say.

Another thing for me to feel bad about since we'd come here. First I'd been snappy over him asking some questions, more out of my own embarrassment than anything else. Then I'd brought up myself when he'd told me something about him and Jesse. Was I PMS-ing without realizing it? I watched him shrug and shrug again, wishing I could go back in time just a tiny bit and react differently to what he'd admitted.

First off, I'm sorry Lenny I shouldn't have reacted like that I was just so... surprised that you hadn't done it yet. I'd just assumed you had since... I guess since I walked in on you and Brad nearly doing it, I guess. I shuddered a little, immediately trying to erase any thought concerning Brad from my mind. My eyes widened a little as he stated to say something and then backtracked, though it was still obvious what he'd nearly said. My cheeks tinged slightly pink as I cleared my throat, moving past that to listen to what he was saying.

Keep him happy? But... what about you Lenny? I mean, not to be rude but you sound kind of... frustrated. I said, my voice heavy with implication when I said 'frustrated' so he'd know exactly what I meant by it. Still, I wanted to offer him some kind of reassurance, it was the least I could do. I stand by what I said though, four months isn't weirdly long or anything. It  just seems like something you'd both want by now, that's why I was surprised. I gave him a small smile, sensing he wasn't completely happy with me and giving his sleeve a small tug. I'm sorry, I though you were just saying that to be nice so I wouldn't feel like a third wheel in my own house. I won't do it again though. I got the feeling that maybe Lenny  would actually feel better if I stuck around more, especially if he was going through something weird with Jesse. You know you're probably stuck with me and my shows now, I bet you'll regret telling me that. I joked, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:40 pm

I sighed, glancing to the side as someone passed and shifting, uncomfortable. I glanced back to Avery and slowly felt my anger deflate. It didn't feel like I'd relaxed so much as just given up.

Quote BeginNo.. it's.. I guess it's normal, most people would've done it by now.Quote End I said, my sour tone contrasting with the nonchalant shrug I attempted. Jesse even slept over most of the time, so I guessed I'd have probably assumed the same thine.

I kicked at the shiny, supermarket floor, then met Avery's eyes again and gave her a small nod, feeling my cheeks heat up a bit. Frustrated? Fuck, frustrated wasn't the word for it any more. Quote Begin Yeah... and, I just... I do want to, it's just things... it's complicated. It's just how it is.Quote End I bit my lip slightly and chanced another look at Avery, wondering if she'd understand at all. But, how the fuck could she understand? My expression darkened and I turned away, glaring at the floor and breathing deeply until I slowly started to relax, actually relax this time.

Quote Begin You know me and Brad didn't actually get that far?Quote End I started with when I turned back around. Thinking of Brad and the incident in New York made me grimace, but it was still easier to talk and think about that my issues with Jesse. Quote Begin If you and Jude didn't, like I kind of thought, then you must be.. frustrated too?Quote End I spoke quietly and tried to repeat the word the way Avery had, but I didn't think I managed it quite right. I let out a loud, tired sigh. Quote Begin Anyway... fuck it. Can we get the other stuff some other time? We need to go get the ice-cream and shit and leave already, so you can get back and make me watch your shows before Jesse just turns up.Quote End I paused, my hands finding the handle of the shopping cart again. Or, if Avery insisted on doing the shopping, we could at least do it quickly and get out of there.

I waited before moving, and cocked my head at Avery. Quote Begin You really already got my beer?Quote End I said, a smile slowly easing onto my face. Avery was too fucking nice, and it still shocked me sometimes that she wanted to be my friend still. Quote Begin Y'know... I mean, I so actually like watching your shows with you. They're better than what Jesse wants to watch. Except that weird gory stuff, that's still weird, and the ones with the stupid animals - but the cooking ones are always cool.Quote End Even if they did make me hungry.... I was craving something already, and stupidly enough it wasn't food when I was right in the fucking store. Quote Begin And hey, don't let me forget to pick up some cigarettes on the way out? I smoked my last one on break today.Quote End And as it was the beginning of the month, I actually had fucking money still to buy my own, rather than mooch them or try to get Jesse to buy some for me.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics