setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight - Page 4

[Private] Food Fight

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Avery Marx |

Posted on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:36 am

'Whatever' me all you like Lenny, you're not going to change my mind on this. I don't see why you've a problem with it anyway. I decided to prove him wrong one thing I knew he was nice when it came to it; me. Maybe it was a little mean to do it, but Lenny teased me often and it was only fair that I got to do the same back to him. I stopped and looked at him, lowering my head and looking at himwith, eyes widened in surprise. Is there something wrong with being a nice person? Or even a softy? I asked, sounding sad because that was what he said I was. I was joking but he wouldn't necessarily know that. I was almost tempted my make my lip tremble slightly but decided against it, figuring that it would be too much.  Anyway he was a nice person as far as I was concerned. I wouldn't be living with him and spending most of my free time with him if I didn't think he was nice.

Oh Lenny, yes of course I know that! My demeanor changed and I gave him a smile that was ever so slightly sly. I knew you didn't intentionally forget about it. I just want you to maybe try not do it again? Any hint of sternness that I'd managed before faded away in wanting Lenny to know I wasn't mad about the whole thing. It was just a napkin after all, not something I wanted to start a fight over. Well if you'd like we could pick you up a fruity rosé? The taste is much sweeter and probably much more appealing to someone who generally dislikes wine. I know for a fact they have a nice strawberry one here, lovely accents of vanilla in it. I'd already planned on picking up a few bottles of wine for the night. We had a fully stocked liquor cabinet at home so getting whiskey or anything like that was pointless. But I loved that Lenny would be willing to try just to join in.

Honestly, I was regretting that I'd asked him about this. Not because I didn't want to know the answer but more because I was afraid I had upset or annoyed him. I knew Lenny wasn't the most touchy-feely person out there, but he'd shared much more with me than I'd ever expected him to, so I knew he wasn't incapable of talking about himself. Oh, I just thought that you'd been together a while now, and that maybe it would've come up. But I understand, relaxing and having fun are what I'd want from a relationship too. I really just needed to mind my own business though. This was Lenny's relationship and had nothing to do with me, even if I did like Jesse. I reached out and got my usual herbal teas, knowing exactly which worked best for me by now. Chamomile, lavender and rosehip tea, the three I couldn't live without. I frowned a little as Lenny continued, looking up at him as I placed the last boz in the cart, then feeling my heart go out to him when what he said sunk in. Lenny, I didn't know that's what you were worried about. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. But if it's any consolation I don't think there's anything weird about you or the fact that you go to therapy and I think Jesse would think the exact same. I gave him a smile, one that quickly slid off at his mention of Jude and had my eyebrow arching. No, I never told Jude anything like that, it's true. Then again I had no plans to do anything... sexual with him either. I flipped hair back over my shoulder and stalked down the aisle towards the coffee pot filters, huffing over the rudeness of Lenny's question.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:42 am

Quote Begin I don't have a problem with it.. and I never said nice people were bad, because you're a nice person. I just.. I just didn't think it was the fucking nicest thing in the world, okay? Quote End I said, accompanied by a sulky glare. I sighed and went to say whatever again, only to stop and press my lips tightly together when I remembered the way Avery had just repeated it back to me. Instead I stalked off towards the shelves to pretend I was actually interested in the health shit down the aisle.

I returned back to the cart when Avery continued down the aisle, pushing it dutifully behind her and waiting for her to fill it with her disgusting teas. If anything was bad for you, out of them or cookies, I'd have thought choking on the crappy taste of whatever weird tea was worse for you.

I poked at the worn handle of the shopping cart. Avery's words filled me with a nervous dread, that had become too familiar since I'd started dating Jesse. I was never sure what we were meant to do or when to do it, when people normally did things, what he might expect. The fact I was trying to avoid so many things only made it worse. I glanced up to Avery, frowning after her as she rushed away and wondering what was wrong. I looked from her to the boxes of tea, and then quickly pushed the cart over to her by the coffee filters. Quote BeginDidn't they have your tea?Quote End I asked quickly, and then cleared my throat before trying to move onto what her last comment had left me thinking.

If Jesse and I should have talked about intimate shit, like there was a time you were expected to do that, then that made me wonder when other things should happen. Mostly, sex, and whether Jesse would become more persistent. There'd been a few times he'd tried to instigate stuff but so far I'd come up with excuses and he'd been.. sort of okay about it. I expected it to get worse and it was always on my mind, how to avoid it and how long I could before he just dumped me or whatever, but I didn't want to talk about it and I liked the un-complicated way we already had things. It sounded so fucked and I never thought I'd say it, but a part of me just didn't want to have sex at all. I didn't want to open all that stuff up and have to deal with things, especially not in front of someone else when I was never sure what would happen and couldn't go too far with them without explaining things that I didn't want to talk about and -

...it gave me a headache just thinking about it. It was the same with therapy. I didn't think Jesse would be a dick about it, but it was the start of opening up and I could just see it leading to me having to explain things, to questions, to him wondering about shit. It was just better not to talk about any of it.

I sidled closer to Avery. Quote Begin Uh, well, okay, you said about Jude before and I guess you didn't see him that many times, I mean, you could have still 'planned sexual stuff' even if you didn't find him totally attractive, but, uh.. well, whatever, Quote End I dismissed and cleared my throat again, realizing I was getting distracted. I peered at Avery, trying to stretch up to look over her shoulder to see what coffee filters she was looking at, and also gauge her reaction. Quote BeginSo... uh, is there a time or shit... y'know, when people in relationships, um, people together, when they usually f-Quote End I paused, just as a woman with a kid in her shopping cart walked past. I lowered my voice a little so they wouldn't shout and hoping Avery might not get so embarrassed seeing as I actually wanted an answer, Quote Begin have sex?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 am

Well, that hadn't exactly been the reaction I was hoping to get from him, but then again Lenny could be pretty surprising. I still wasn't always sure what sort of response I'd get from him when we were talking sometimes, and yet there were other times where he could be quite predictable. I never said it was the nicest thing in the world, but it was incredibly sweet and made me feel good. That's my opinion on the matter, so nothing you can say will change that. I said, smiling at the sulky look on his face, just rolling my eyes and leaning forward to give him a quick kiss on the cheek before he stalked off. He was like that old man from that UP movie, all sour and grumpy on the outside but more to him on the inside.

But of course he went and said something that had me forgetting all that.

What? I looked at him in confusion for a moment before remember I was supposed to be annoyed about him bringing up my love life again. Yes, they had them, they're already in the cart. I shook my head before turning my attention back to the coffee filters, picking up a brand I hadn't noticed before that claimed to be better than it's predecessors. Typical ridiculous marketing, did anyone think that actually worked anymore? Sure they realized that some people had acquired an intellect that rose above blindly following advertising.

I sighed out loud when Lenny mentioned Jude yet again. Why was this even something he wanted to talk about? I put back the new, tacky filters and picked up the same brand I always got, the one with dark packaging and subtle branding that somehow gave an impression of confidence. Like they knew they're worth and didn't feel the need to prove it. It was funny really, considering people themselves did the exact same thing. Became a master of outward illusion so others never knew what was really going on within.

Nope, didn't plan anything of the sort. I said shortly, turning to put the filters in the cart and leveling Lenny with a cool look, deciding to me bluntly honest in hopes it would put a stop to the conversation. When I meet someone my mind doesn't go immediately to sex. Not unless I find them very attractive right from the start. But yes, if I do feel that spark then I will probably think about them in that way. It might even be on the back of mind the whole time I'm talking to them. Or hey, I could be so attracted to them that I find myself outright fantasizing about it when they're right there in front of me. Why was any of this even relevant anyway? I frowned when he started speaking again, then wondered why on earth he was asking a question like that. Had he had sex with Jesse too soon and regretted it? They had to have done it by now, right? I waited for the mother and her child to pass before answering myself, some of my annoyance with him slipping away. Well, I guess that depends on the person and the relationship. Plus there's maturity and age difference to take into account but it's not a science. You can't just calculate when it's a good time. I guess people just know when it's the right time for them.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 am

Avery might have been my friend, maybe even my best friend, but there were still times when I wondered where the fuck things she did came from. Her kiss to my cheek was such a surprise that I didn't have time to recoil until after.

That, combined with the fact I'd been sure she was pissed about the tea when apparently she wasn't just left me feeling a bit confused and unsure. It didn't help that I was trying to find out serious relationship shit, either. Quote Begin Um... okay...Quote End I said, staring back at Avery and trying not to get weirded out by the thought of her sexually fantasizing about someone, or the way she was looking at me. What was up with her? Maybe she was hormonal. But fuck, why was trying to find out about relationship things so complicated? Someone should write a book about this relationship stuff - no, not a crappy book, - make a TV show about it instead.

I glanced from Avery back to the coffee pots, wishing I knew why she was acting so strangely. Quote Begin Hey, look, this one says it's better.Quote End I said, picking up a packet from the shelf and hoping that if I helped, she might calm down and be better at answering my questions. I cleared my throat and shifted a bit. Quote Begin So, uh... with that sort of stuff... I mean... so is four months a long time, uh, y'know.. to not?Quote End I asked. Why was talking about not having sex so much more difficult than talking about having sex had been? As usual it just made me feel frustrated and my grip on the shiny new coffee filter, that I'd focused my gaze on, tightened. Quote Begin Or a couple of months. It's.. just an example.Quote End I added on, so Avery couldn't think I was talking about myself.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:17 am

Oh, typical men asking questions when they weren't even sure they wanted to know the answer. I would've laughed if I weren't still trying to hold on to my annoyance with him bringing up the topic in the first place. I looked at him, face expressionless other than an arch to my brow. What, you asked if I 'planned sexual stuff'? I shook my head and tried to ignore the fact that his reaction to my answer frustrated me. Was it wrong that I'd been honest about it? Or was the answer I gave somehow incorrect? Strange that I was feeling unsure about myself right now. Normally just being around with Lenny put me at ease with voicing my thoughts but now I was second guessing myself.

No, this wasn't anything to do with Lenny really. It was just the fact that he'd brought up something I'd been trying to avoiding thinking about. Sex. That and the obvious lack of it that I'd been experiencing. All my own fault, that was something I could easily admit to at least. I'd started off by telling myself I needed some time away from men and all the complications they brought  with them. I'd decided to focus on myself, a decision which had eventually led me back to Index. But now it was just the fact that it had been so long I was simply nervous about getting back out there.

But none of that gave me any right to take it out of Lenny. Yes, part of my annoyance stemmed from his inappropriate questions, but not all of it. So when Lenny held out the tacky pack of filters I just shook my head and laughed slightly, taking it from him and returning it to the rack. No, just because it says that it's better doesn't mean that it is. Trust me, the brand we usually get is so much better than this. I gave the pack a flick before turning away, looking at Lenny with a small smile, determined not to be annoyed at him anymore. He hadn't meant it maliciously, bring up Jude so much. How could I stay mad knowing that? I don't see why anyone would consider four months too long. Well, maybe teenage boys who only care about one things but that's a whole other story really. I shrugged and finally settled my hand on the front of the cart again, tugging it forward. Maybe I'd send Lenny off to find his socks while I got the meat and ice-cream. It would save time but I couldn't entirely trust him not to try sneak back with more candy. There truly is no preset 'perfect' right time Lenny. Whether it's a drunken, one-time thing or a year into a relationship, sex just happens when it happens. I stopped and looked over my shoulder at him, something occurring to me for thee first time. You know I'm not a relationship expert, right Lenny? I mean, sure I've had boyfriends but it's never been serious. When it comes to love and feelings in a relationship I'm out of my depth too.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics