setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight - Page 3

[Private] Food Fight

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:29 pm

This modelling stuff always seemed so weird. Maybe I had a bad impression of it from the things Avery said, or maybe it was Richard, or even that time we went to New York and the shitty stuff happened with Brad – even though he wasn’t a model or shit himself, it still reminded me of it.  Quote Begin Oh… but, uh… why’d you want a break from being yourself? You’re probably.. no, fuck, you are the best person I know. Quote End  I said, frowning at Avery. I didn’t get it. She was a model, had all those… pretty sexy pictures, actually, and then did teacher and studying stuff, but somehow she still didn’t think she was great. I couldn’t understand it. I smiled again when I thought of Richard, the image of Avery walking in on him doing something gross too funny not to, even if I did hate him.

Quote Begin I don’t always suggest take-out… Quote End  I argued back, my tone starting off strong and then getting distant when my attention drifted to the offer on a nearby shelf.  Quote Begin Hey look, those candies are buy one, get one free. Quote End  I said, holding onto the cart so Avery couldn’t keep pulling it. I glanced back to her, wondering how I could argue it so she might let me have it, and then tried to think back to what we were talking about beforehand. My phone buzzed in my jeans pocket and I remembered – Jesse. I rolled my eyes and leaned on the cart handles again.  Quote Begin And.. Jesse and I do talk, so our… relationship does have communication and shit in it, y’know, we talk about stuff all the time.. what to watch on TV, and about work and whatever. But I mean.. I dunno, you don’t have to talk about the suffocating stuff, right? I mean, in relationships… and… it’s not that I’m not comfortable or whatever about it… it’s just, I don’t want him to dump me or anything, right? Quote End  I asked, frowning to Avery for approval. All this dating stuff was still so new and most of it, in my opinion, was a waste of time too.

I kicked at the floor near the cart wheel and only looked back up to Avery with an expression of shock at what she said.  Quote Begin What?! You found that? Quote End  I stared at her open-mouthed, wondering when the fuck she’d found the napkin. Fuck.. I’d been trying to remember to retrieve it before she noticed, but then I kept forgetting. I’d thought it was still down the side of the couch. Luckily I didn’t get to feel guilty about it for long because the blush Avery had was enough to have me smiling again. Sometimes she almost went as red as her hair.  Quote Begin You say that like sex is a bad thing. Or would it just have been bad with him, did he turn out to be weird or something? He wasn’t into.. y’know, kinky shit or whatever? Quote End  I asked, trying to figure it out. Avery had never told me anything about the guy, except he was a teacher or something, and that didn’t exactly conjure up the best image in my mind. Maybe he was some weird old guy and that’s why Avery was reluctant about it, or he had some creepy kink.

My imagination was stopped from running wild at the mention of Annie and Avery’s fucking amazing gift. I grinned widely at her over the shopping cart.  Quote Begin It’s going really great! I mean, I haven’t had much time, but I can’t believe you actually found that part, fuck.. I’d been trying to get hold of one for so long. I think I might have her working properly soon, and I can use her again. I mean, I still have to do some stuff, there’s that rust on some of the wheel arches for a start.... but fuck, she actually starts all the time now! I was going to try and get Jesse to help but he doesn’t know anything about cars and he just kind of got in the way… I didn’t want him to end up damaging her, y’know? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Oh. Wow. Did Lenny really think that about me? I knew that he must think somewhat highly of me for us to have ended up best friends and roommates, but I'd never expected to hear something so... so genuinely nice and sweet, coming from him. Not that he was never nice because he was a great friend to those he considered as much, from what I'd noticed anyway. God, even my thoughts had started rambling slight from the surprise of what he'd said. Wow Lenny... do you really mean that? I that's just like an insanely nice thing to say. I was even blushing, just feeling completely flustered because I didn't know how to react to it. But if that's the case you need to go out and meet more nice people. I joked, then sighed and looked at him with a smile. It goes both ways, you know? You're pretty much my favorite person out of everyone I know. It was true too. I doubted Lenny had any idea how much his friendship had helped me. But anyway, yeah a break from myself. It's like I feel more confident in front of a camera, and I get a kick out of seeing my pictures turn out so well. I even feel, well, kinda sexy when I'm doing a shoot. I said, lowering my voice as another shopper passed and trying not to feel overly embarrassed by saying that.

No, that's true. Sometimes you even suggest that we go to the food. Like when the Chinese place was doing the all-you-can-eat special. My tone was still teasing, but I wondered if Lenny might take what I said the wrong way? It didn't happen as often as it had before but I still didn't want to seem insensitive. So when he pointed out the candy offer I just rolled my eyes and gave in. Fine, go ahead and pick some up. Only because tonight's kind of special! Lenny once again got my full attention when the conversation centered back on Jesse. I tilted my head slightly, observing him as he talked about it. I didn't really know what to say either, seeing as I definitely wasn't great in the relationship department either. So you guys just talk about the surface stuff? Like it never ventures into more... intimate topics? I paused and thought over what I said, giving Lenny a look, predicting what he might say in response. And no, by 'intimate' I don't mean sex. My lips twitched slightly as I tried not to smile. Maybe I was wrong but it seemed like the kind of thing Lenny would assume.

Yes, I most definitely found it. Frankly I'm surprised I didn't smell it first. I took a second to bite my lip because it was just getting harder and harder to keep up a serious expression. Especially when I saw his expression. I took in a deep breath through my nose and turned away, leaving the cart and grabbing a pack of honey-sweetened rice cakes, adding them to the cart. What? Oh my God, I'd never say sex was a bad thing- I mean, uh... I'm not against it or anything. He was good-looking, close to my age and God, I don't know why but I just wasn't into him, you know? There was no spark, no excitement and definitely no feverishly wanting to rip the other person's clothes off. I definitely don't get the kinky vibe off him either. I shrugged, not really thinking that was important anyway. I like Jude as a friend and really hoped we could continue having coffee together as such.

Actually it was an old friend that found it. I bumped into him at Index's garage and turned out he lives here too now. Like, really small world but I remember him saying he'd love to live in or near Seattle when I knew him a couple of years ago. So yeah, he used all his mechanic-y connections and got a really good price for it to. I grinned broadly, really delighted that I'd given him a gift he liked so much. It hadn't been easy picking something out for him and I didn't want to get him something thoughtless. Oh, and I'm going to use those glasses you got me for the party! So I want to get napkins in warm tones so that it all goes well together. I tugged on the end of the cart, wanting us to get moving again.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 am

Quote Begin It’s not that nice. Quote End  I said with an eyeroll, focussing my gaze on a shelf to try and hide the flush spreading through my face, even if I doubted it rivalled Avery’s, and hoped that if I avoided eye contact she might move on from the subject. Her compliments bought a smile to my face, but also an uncomfortable flutter in my stomach. Why did she have to be so nice? It was fucking embarrassing sometimes, though even when I disagreed with what she said I wasn’t truly annoyed it. I just didn’t know how to take it sometimes.  Quote Begin And I dunno, I’d have thought that was obvious, feeling sexy or whatever if you look like you and are dressed up in a tiny bikini or whatever. Quote End  I turned back to Avery with a wide smirk, turning the tables on her purposefully this time and expecting her to be embarrassed. Any mention of sex and she’d go all weird.

My words left me with an attractive but annoying picture of Avery in my mind and I quieted, reaching out for the candy and placing it in the cart. Avery on a random beach continued to take my attention as I pushed the cart in the direction Avery pulled, leaning my elbows on the handles and slouching down. Unfortunately my daydream didn’t mask Avery’s question about Jesse, but I pretended not to hear it. Of course I'd assumed by intimate she meant sex and as I kept my gaze on the passing shelves I was left to wonder what the fuck she had meant instead.

Quote Begin Yeah, whatever, it wasn’t that bad. Quote End  I rolled my eyes about the napkin and hung back with the shopping cart as Avery grabbed some health food stuff, still wondering what she’d meant. I pushed the cart further, frowning as I got lost in my thoughts. I was so busy thinking that I forgot about the Jude guy and teasing Avery about that.

The excited tone in her voice pulled me from my wondering before I got too frustrated with the fact I couldn’t think of what Avery had meant, and I grinned up at her.  Quote Begin Really? So you really like them, the wine glasses? Quote End  I asked, a little giddy that my gift had been so well received. I didn’t know why she needed to get warm napkins when she could chuck some normal ones in a microwave, but I knew better than to say something about it. It was probably either a weird woman thing or a weird Avery thing.  Quote Begin So, uh… Quote End I licked at my dry lips, leisurely pushing the shopping cart after Avery.  Quote Begin If you weren’t talking about sex when you said intimate, what’d you mean? …hugging or shit? Quote End  I guessed, glancing up at Avery for the explanation I couldn’t think up on my own.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 am

My brow raised of its own accord when he made his 'not that nice' statement. Sometimes I truly wondered if Lenny could hear the things he said, or if he had any idea how other people would hear them. That was honestly one of the nicest thing I'd had someone say about me, there was no way I'd be agreeing with how nice he did or didn't think it was of him. You keep telling yourself that,but I know the truth now. I grinned and looked back at him, feeling content in that moment and sure it showed of my face. Underneath all that bluster you're really just a big softy, ain'tcha? I said, throwing him a quick wink before turning my attention back to the way in front of me.

Obvious? No, I don't think it would be, thought I appreciate the sentiment. Confidence doesn't just come from how your bobby looks. I don't think it does anyway. A confidence that is purely based on body image seems like it would be shallow. Of course, there are plenty of people who'd disagree with me. I shrugged and watched Lenny as he got the candy, careful to make sure he'd keep it to the agreed amount this time. He may have thought I hadn't noticed the extra bag of cookies but I wasn't born yesterday. I just planned on hiding it when we got home, sure that he wouldn't say anything about it and risk getting found out.

My own gaze narrowed when he rolled his eyes, pursing my lips at his sheer disregard of household hygiene. Surely anyone could see the importance of keeping where you lived, of all places, clean. Not that I was about to make a fuss over it, I still found it sort of funny. When I was feeling ill over it. Just... just please try not to forget it future? I sighed and wondered if the message would sink in. Yes, paper napkin were definitely the way to go living with Lenny.

Of course I like them. Honestly Lenny, I've only told you a hundred and one times that I love them. They were perfect and I've been looking forward to having a chance to show them off actually. I beamed at him for a moment, glad that my pleasure in his present wrought such a good reaction from him. I turned into another aisle, spotting some more things I needed to pick up in this one, like teas and the herbs I'd needs for dinner later. We're were totally out of salt too, but I was putting that down to Lenny and Jesse seeing as I tried to use little of the stuff. I whipped back around at his question, feeling surprised that he'd actually asked. Um, well, you know... things like your fears, your hopes. Things you strongly believe, things you'd love to accomplish. They're pretty intimate topics.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:53 am

Quote Begin Yeah, whatever.. Quote End  I said between yawns, rolling my eyes at how Avery kept trying to make me out as a nice person. I leaned heavily on the cart and tried to wipe my nose on my sleeve without standing back up. A certain edge to Avery’s voice made me glance up and then shift uncomfortably. I knew she could be a weird neat freak, but it was easy for me to forget that she actually cared about that stuff, or worse. I didn’t want her to freak out over something because of me.  Quote Begin Uh, you know I didn’t do it on purpose, right? I didn’t mean to leave it there or anything. Quote End  I said, watching her carefully.

As I helped Avery push the cart over to some boring tea section, I smiled and felt relieved I’d actually gotten the glasses gift right. It’d taken ages to think of something I thought Avery would like, that she didn’t already have.  Quote Begin Yeah… maybe I’ll even have some wine if it’s not too crappy tasting. I dunno, it’d feel weird to drink beer out of a wine glass. Quote End  I didn’t like wine, but I did want to join in on using the glasses. If the stuff wasn’t so bad I could probably tolerate a sip or two.

Even wine was a preferred topic of conversation to what we were starting to get into. What annoyed me was that this intimate stuff confused me more than anything else. I frowned. All the things Avery mentioned sounded similar to what Dan was always encouraging me to talk about. I didn’t mind them coming up with Dan, sometimes, because he knew about me. Jesse… was different.  Quote Begin Um… we don’t really. Quote End  I bit my lip, thinking a bit more.  Quote Begin I guess Jesse does sometimes, talk about stuff, but.. I don’t want to. I just want to have fun and relax, not think about shit like that. Quote End  I reached out for one of the crappy packs of tea, turning it over in my hands and  staring at the brightly coloured box. Quote Begin And I mean… anyway, maybe normal people talk about that stuff, but if I did then he’d just know I wasn’t. Quote End  My lips pressed into a firm line and I shoved the stupid box of herbal tea back. I glanced over to Avery, then into the stuff in the cart, then back to Avery again.  Quote Begin I might as well just tell him I go to therapy if I talked about this ‘intimate’ stuff. I mean, did you tell Jude? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics