setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Food Fight

[Private] Food Fight

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Food Fight

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Thread Details

Target | Dry but cold, with a bitter wind | 5pm

OOC Message
Wearing work clothes - black polo shirt with Uncommon Grounds logo embroidered on left breast, straight legged jeans and usual black boots. Has a grey, zip up sweater over the top, not done up.

When Mary-Ann told me I could leave thirty minutes early, I couldn’t be more fucking thrilled. I threw my apron under the counter and scrambled out of Uncommon Grounds, the door slamming shut behind me from the fucking gale-like wind, with one thought in my mind. Thirty minutes meant that after taking off the time to get there on the bus, I’d have ten Avery-free shopping minutes where she couldn’t complain that cookies were bad for you and try to put grass or healthy shit in the shopping cart instead.

The bus was fucking late and I was fidgeting impatiently in my seat and watching the clock on my phone when I remembered to text Avery and at least let her know no to pick me up - because I’d already be there. There with all the groceries I wanted for a change….

AVERY
Got out of work erly and got a bus. meet u in target?

I thumbed out the message just as the bus pulled up near the store, shoving my phone back into my pocket and running over to grab a shopping cart. When I was actually in the store I stopped short. Where the fuck should I go first? My head darted from left to right as I tried to decide. Go for cookies? Or chocolate milk… Or just chocolate…. It wasn’t too difficult a decision and I pushed the cart over to where the cookies were, quickly scanning the shelves and selecting a few packs. I glanced down at the dozen or so packs in the bottom of the cart and frowned, realising a big problem. Avery was just going to see all that shit and take it out. I stared down at the mass of bags and packets. Fuck… I needed to.. hide it or something. That was it – hide it under stuff Avery liked!

The cart nearly knocked over some old woman as I rounded the corner of the aisle but I didn’t even pause to look back. Fuck, Avery could get to the store at any second, I didn’t have time to do anything but find some healthy shit and fill the shopping cart with it. I rounded down an aisle with loads of vegetables and saw them. Lettuces, cabbages, all that big salad-y stuff. They’d be fucking perfect to hide the cookies. I started dumping them in, completely engrossed as I tried to make sure the cookies were concealed from all sides. She couldn't say no if she noticed when we got to paying, not in front of the cashier...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Food Fight

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:51 pm

OOC Message

The hairdresser behind me yanked on my hair a little too roughly and I winced, wishing for the umpteenth time that I was back in California with my regular hairdresser instead of here with someone who looked barely old enough to have finished the training required to even do this job. Immediately I felt bad for even thinking that, and when I caught her eye I did my best to smile warmly at her. It was her relieved smile in return that made me realize that she was nervous, which was probably the reason for any mistakes. My phone buzzed in my bag but I had no way of checking it until I was done. Thankfully I was just getting a trim so it wouldn't take too much longer.

Just under ten minutes later I was finally heading to my car, surprisingly happy with the job the young girl had done. I'd started chatting to her a bit and after that she'd seemed to relax and gain some confidence. The thought made me smile as I slipped into the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition, my beloved Audi purring to life. It wasn't the fanciest of cars but I just loved driving it and felt much safer than I would in something flashy. Before I pulled out I checked my phone, frowning as I read the text from Lenny and checking the time, feeling bad as soon as I had. I typed a hurried reply;

Lenny
Oh no, I'm so sorry Lenny I just read your text! Hairdresser took longer than expected but I'll be right there. Don't fill the cart up w/ chocolate!!! x  

When I finally pulled into a space outside of Target I sighed, hoping he hadn't spent all this time only getting junk food. It was what he'd usually do. It was hard enough trying to stick to a healthy diet without the temptation of the stuff Lenny always tried to sneak in. It was like shopping with a disobedient kid, I though as I walked in the entrance, immediately heading to junk food, expecting to find Lenny there, but to my utter surprise he wasn't. I walked on further, finally spotting him next to the vegetables, which was even more shocking. I hurried over, smiling at him in greeting. Hey Lenny, so sorry about being late. I looked down at the veg, letting out an exasperated sigh. You can't just put the veggies at the bottom, they have to go on top so everything else doesn't bruise them. I shook my head and reached in to pull out a head of lettuce, then frowned when doing so revealed brightly colored packaging beneath. It took my less than a second to realize what he'd done and I pulled out the bag of cookies, holding it up and looking at him with a raised brow. Really? Really Lenny? You know what I'm going to say, don't you? I asked, hiding the fact that I was a little impressed he'd gotten to a new level of trying to sneak them past me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 pm

I’d just stood back to admire my handiwork when I heard the sound of women’s shoes clicking along the floor. My gaze met the familiar bright head of hair when I turned and I returned her smile with a nervous one of my own. I was happy to see her but I just hoped I’d hidden the cookies well enough…
And of fucking course the first thing she had to do was mess with the vegetable layer I’d put round the cookies.  Quote Begin Wait! Quote End  I went to stop her, trying desperately to think of some excuse. But it was already too late as she lifted up a bag of cookies from the shopping cart.

I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes, ready for the speech about how unhealthy they were. Quote Begin What? Quote End I frowned at Avery. My lips pursed as I thought, wondering if I could think of an excuse. There was no point trying to argue with Avery over how much I needed them because it never worked. She won every time. She'd just start going on about how unhealthy they were, and bad for you, like they were fucking poison, and talking about all this stuff that didn't even make sense and made me feel bad. But I just wanted a few packs of fucking cookies!

The frown slid from my face and I unfolded my arms when I had the best fucking idea ever. Fuck, if this didn’t get Avery to give in, nothing would.  Quote Begin I know you hate cookies or shit like they’re going to kill you… but, uh… I thought they’d be good for the dinner party? Quote End  I averted my gaze and poked at one of the packets still in the shopping cart, wondering how many I’d be able to keep under the guise. At least a few packets.  Quote Begin It’s just, um… Helios really, really likes cookies… he’s always buying them. These ones are kinda his favourite. Every fucking time I see him, he says stuff like he needs to buy more because he ate them all, because he likes them so much… Quote End  I reached in and picked up the double chocolate chip ones that dominated the selection in the shopping cart. The ones that also happened to be my favourite.  Quote Begin I put them under the cabbage shit to…uh… keep them… cool… Quote End  I finished, frowning even as I was speaking. Vegetables had to be cooler than cookies, right?  Quote Begin So, uh, I know you hate… unhealthy stuff but I figured it’d be different for a party? Quote End  I glanced up to Avery, waiting to see if she’d try and challenge it. Fuck, she’d never met Helios. He could be the world’s biggest cookie lover for all Avery new. And he had bought a cookie, at least once… even if it had been for me, so it really wasn’t a lie either.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:27 am

Oh dear, I'd realized that he'd really expected all of this to work on me and for some reason actually felt a little bad that I'd had to go and spoil it for him. More than anything though, I couldn't help but find the situation a little amusing. Hiding the junk under the healthy stuff? That's was good. I had to struggle to keep a somewhat stern expression on my face. Look, it's not that I don't want you to have stuff you like but, jeesh Lenny it's hard enough trying to diet without stuff like this staring me in the face. I looked down at the bag of cookies, wishing that I could just say screw it to the diet and eat bags of them myself. But how unrealistic was that? Plus you heard Richard when he stopped by after Christmas. He noticed straight away that I'd gained a couple of pounds and to lose them by my next photoshoot. His exact words had been more like 'Oh Avery, have you seen your butt? Of course you have, who could miss it?' - which I knew was an exaggeration but still, my jeans did feel a little tight around there. Still, Lenny had been there but I wasn't surprised if he'd already forgotten. 

When he mentioned the party I frowned, wondering if there was any merit to what he said. Cookies didn't exactly strike me as dinner party material, something which I thought cheesecake or pie was much more suitable for. But when he mentioned that apparently Helios loved them I doubted my conviction even more. Well, it's not the most ridiculous thing you've ever said but... I trailed off, still suspicious about the cookies actually being solely for Helios' benefit, but realizing I had no way of actually knowing. Fine, you win, we'll get some cookies. But only two packs, not twelve. Honestly. I sighed and moved the veg to a corner where they'd be relatively safe until I could put them on top, then picked out a few more that Lenny hadn't put in. And I don't hate 'unhealthy stuff' or that they'll kill you or anything preposterous like that. I just can't afford to put on that much weight. Bikini's and lingerie are not forgiving and there's no way I'd let my photo's be airbrushed. I rolled my eyes and wondered why he thought that not wanting them around meant I hated them, it was quite the leap in logic. I laughed at his excuse for his hiding, shaking my head and pulling at the other end of the cart. Come on, let's go put the rest of these back and we can go get some chocolate milk and ice-cream 'for the party'. I looked at him with a knowing grin on my face, hoping that my offer would mean less aggravation over putting the other packs back.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:16 am

I sighed, very loudly and obviously, and rolled my eyes as soon as Avery mentioned diet.  Quote Begin Diets suck. Quote End  I grumbled. It was easy not to even think about dieting, or what I ate, or how little I exercised any more – or it would be, if it wasn’t for Avery going on about being healthy and keeping in shape. She might only have been talking about herself but I couldn’t help wonder if a lot of it was aimed at me.  Quote Begin And so does Richard. He’s just an asshole – and I think you looked nicer anyway and it wasn’t like you even put that much on, I bet he’d go on about shit even if you hadn’t anyway. And I wish he’d spend more time appreciating your ass than mine. Quote End I leaned on the shopping cart, smiling at her in annoyance as I remembered it. Richard had made some comment on how big Avery’s ass was – in a negative way, and then just looked me over and gave me a look after that somehow made me both paranoid about whether I’d put on weight and uncomfortable that he was still being so fucking obvious when he checked me out.

I kept leaning against the shopping cart, watching Avery put more vegetables in with a frown as I looked down at the cookies that would have to be put back.  Quote Begin Yeah… I know… Quote End  I nodded, knowing how Avery was about her photos. I perked up at the mention of ice-cream and chocolate milk, standing up from the shopping cart.  Quote Begin Yeah? Have you got a list of all the stuff we need? Quote End I asked, because I felt useless not knowing what to get or put in the cart otherwise. I grabbed the handles of the cart and started towards the aisle to put some of the cookies back. I glanced down at them again.  Quote Begin What about three packs? Quote End  I asked, taking us back to Avery’s earlier ‘deal’.  Quote Begin Otherwise Jesse will fucking eat them all. He bring some with him when he comes anyway but fuck, he always eats mine too and then I have none left. I only have a few of his and anyway, he always says he brings them for me but then he uses me eating them as why it’s fair I should share too. Quote End I glared , slouching on the cart as I pushed it along. Quote Begin Even when I say we don’t have any he’s all oh, let me go and check’. We need to fucking lock the cupboard or something. Or hide them somewhere… Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics