setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Old Friend - Page 2

[Private] Old Friend

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Old Friend

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:46 pm

I tucked my bag with my laptop in it under the table, looping the strap round my ankle just in case. I doubted Uncommon Grounds was a criminal hub, but old habits die hard and my laptop was my baby, thanks.  

I smiled into my careful sip of mocha - shit yeah, still too hot - and rolled my own eyes good-naturedly at Sof’s answer. It was too true though. That girl always had a notebook on her somewhere. Quote Begin What’cha writing? Quote End  I teased and stuck my tongue out. My curiosity got the better of me after and I returned to seriousness, fixing Sof with a quizzical glance between tapping at my cup, waiting for the drink to cool.  Quote Begin Is that what you’re doing these days, writing? I’m surprised I haven’t heard you won the booker prize by now. Quote End

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:31 pm

As he is getting comfortable in his chair, I look behind him to the old man's table, but he is gone. I frown slightly, turning my head back to Rupert. 

My eyes brighten up when he asks what I am writing about, if there is one thing I love equally to writing, it is telling others my stories. I scoot my chair in and lean against the table with a joyous grin on my face, Quote Begin Everyday, there's this old man who sits over there by the window, Quote End I nod my head to the now empty table by the window, just next to the fireplace, Quote Begin Since I've been back and started coming here, we always share a brief conversation before we go to our tables. I can't tell you how long I've spent trying to dissect him, figure out his story. So instead, I made one of him. I would show you but it's a work in progress, I'd rather show you the final piece. Quote End I look down, running my index finger along the edges of the journal. 

I rolled my eyes at his comment, just as he did before, Quote Begin Clearly, the system is rigged, Quote End I say sarcastically, Quote Begin I just, I can't pick a story of mine to turn into novel without thinking that the other stories will have their feelings hurt. Quote End I shrug. It is a ridiculous excuse, I know. But honestly, I was terrified to publish a novel. I have spent countless nights thinking which story I would move forward with or what the cover would look like, but the same doubtful question would always pop in my head. Would people love it? Hate it? I do not know what I would do if one of my stories was a complete failure. That would only make me think I was a failure, and writing is all I have left. So the thought of that being taken from me, scares the living hell out of me.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:27 am

When Sof shuffled forward I leaned in too, wondering what she was about to tell me with an expectant grin on my face. At first my imagination ran wild and I assumed she was about to reveal some crush on an older dude when she mentioned him. I glanced over to the table, then back to her, and smiled wider when I realised her story had a much more Sof-fitting response. Geez, that was so like her, creating lives for elderly people she didn’t even properly know.  Quote Begin Hey, Quote End  I shrugged, still smirking, Quote Begin You never know, maybe he hasn’t got a story. He could be the world’s most boring old dude. Quote End  I joked, and then shook my head.  Quote Begin Well, I’m heartbroken you won’t show me, but can I at least get the first crack at it? I could be your editor, read it through for you. Quote End  I smiled even wider, knowing Sof couldn’t have forgotten that English was my worst subject. Maths I liked, sports, hell yeah, even science was okay, but I’d have rather gone to the dentist than have to endure English class. I actually enjoyed reading, but learning about books and all these twisty things they were supposed to mean and contain was another thing entirely.

I sipped at my drink and grinned at Sof. She really hadn’t changed so much, and it made me wonder if I had either.  Quote Begin I’ve got a solution for that, Quote End  I started, and propped my elbow on the table,  Quote Begin You’ll just have to make them all into novels! There, solved. Quote End  I said, and smacked my hand down onto the top of the table to make a point.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:37 am

I smile at his comment regarding the old man being "the world's most boring dude." No matter how much I despised smiling, forcing every nerve to hold back from forming that disgusting expression, Rupert made it happen every time. I cloak both hands around my mug, propping my elbows on the table, and bring it to lips, and in mid sip, I scoff into my drink. Quote Begin  Of course! I would love to have the guy who barely showed up to English class be the editor of one of my novels,  Quote End  I exclaim, my sly smile widens as I place the mug back on the surface. When it came to English, Rupert was a lost cause. I can not even begin to fathom how many hours I have spent with him trying to make it more clear, he just could not get it.  Quote Begin How about this, when I publish my first novel you'll  get the first copy, and I'll even sign it!  Quote End The thought of one of my stories being published fills my stomach with butterflies. 

A solution, huh? I rest my chin in the palm of my hands, my eyes fixed on him, giving him my full attention. I start, Quote Begin Now why didn't I think of that-,  Quote End But I soon erupt in laughter as he slams his hand on the table, it was as if it was taken from a scene in a movie. I covered my mouth in hope to calm my laughter, but the scene kept replaying in my head, and so did the giggles. It was always the little things he did that made me laugh, and that cracked me up

After the giggles had, finally, come to an end, I gaze over at Rupert for a moment and take in everything about him. His dirty blonde hair, his enriched green eyes, his newly found piercings, his rebellious-confident spirit, this is what I need. The thought warms my heart as I sip the rest of my herbal tea, it was time to rekindle with my best friend. Quote Begin How have you been, Ru?  Quote End

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:12 pm

I sipped at my drink and shifted on the chair, legs splayed and stretched as I attempted to get comfortable. The table was just out of my reach when I leaned back so I held the cup against my chest instead, the warmth spreading through my clothing. I grinned at Sof.  Quote Begin I’ll hold you to that and never talk to you again if your name’s in the papers and there isn’t a book-shaped parcel in my mailbox. Or, a knock at my door from you delivering the book personally. Quote End  I didn’t bother arguing about my dislike English class, but I did shake my head at her and grinned broadly.  Quote Begin Hey! - I was there just enough to stay on the football team. Falling asleep in class still counts as showing up, and you know it wasn’t the reading that was the problem, it was having to writing all the mumbo-jumbo junk about what we’d read. And that dinosaur Miss Pratchett moaning on at me all the time – Quote End  I stopped and hunched over, remembering how wizened and tiny our elderly English teacher had been.  Quote Begin ’A spider with ink on its feet could make more legible handwriting than this, Mr Hemmingway!’ Quote End I tried to mimic her voice, chuckling softly into my hand when I’d finished. The woman hadn’t been that bad, but boy did she take her books seriously.

My gaze met Sof sitting before me and the atmosphere turned more serious as our laughter died down, settling into a comfortable silence. I just hoped it would stay comfortable. I’d known Sof so long that talking to her felt natural, but obviously after what had happened to her… I’d moved before it happened, and hadn’t seen her since I’d heard about it. The more I thought about it, the more uncomfortable I felt, but I tried to continue anyway.

I shrugged and took another sip of my mocha before reaching forward and setting it down on the table.  Quote Begin I’ve been good, really good. Amazing, actually, duh. Quote End  I sent her a cheeky smile before continuing,  Quote Begin Cali wasn’t Index, but it was cool. The music scene down there is outta this world and probably the one thing I’m going to miss, apart from my old timers, of course. I’m working in web development, just left a company to start doing it on my own. Looking for a place to here so I can properly move back. Quote End  I smiled, and glanced down to my cup, psyching myself up to ask Sof the same thing in return. The thing was, I felt guilty. I’d never written to her, or emailed, texted, or anything. After I’d heard about her family I’d put it off at first and then never gotten round to it – because there was just no easy way to talk about that subject, especially not face to face. It was different now, when I actually was right in front of her. It was impossible to get it off my mind, so there was only one thing for it. Quote Begin Look, I need to say something, Sof… I’m really sorry I never contacted you with what happened. I guess I just didn’t know how. And I know this is probably way too little and way too late but, I’m so sorry about it all. Quote End  I glanced up to her, my smile apologetic and probably nowhere near good enough. There was just no way to talk about the murder of an old friend's parents, by her brother, that wasn’t going to be awkward. I couldn't even imagien what it must be like for her. My hands wrapped around my cup in front of me and I looked up to meet my Sof's eyes.  Quote Begin How are you? Quote End  I asked, as careful as I could.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics