setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Old Friend - Page 5

[Private] Old Friend

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Old Friend

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:53 pm

It felt as if time was on slow motion, Ru's faint voice murmurs in the background as my head spun. Anger, frustration, loneliness...Just a few of the emotions I was being hit with head on. How dare they even speak those words, they did not know Sage. They knew nothing about him. But did I even know him? I thought I knew him more than anyone else, he was my twin for crying out loud. As we got older, I thought we were comfortable enough to tell each other anything; at least I was. The thought of Sage not feeling comfortable enough with me hammers my skull...Did he not trust me? Let's be honest, he would not tell me his plan of killing our entire family; including me. 

My breathing is heavy as it begins to quicken, I need to get the hell out of here. A touch startles me, my fist immediately relaxes as I am brought back to Earth, and Ru's warm voice welcoming me. I clear my throat and nod slowly, Quote Begin Y-yes..Please, Quote End I manage to croak out. Going out and exploring could not sound more perfect right now. The fresh air is deeply needed. Yet I could still hear their disgusting voices circling me. And I have had enough of it. I slowly rise, wincing as my hand throbs, and pull my bag off the back of the chair. When people touched down on these subject, I usually ignored it, but the allegations they were making about my brother when I'm feet away were absurd. I turn on my heel and march to their table, keeping my injured hand to my side I slam my hand onto the table, Quote Begin Go ahead and think what you want about my brother.  But let me set just one thing straight, you didn't know him, you know absolutely nothing; so keep your goddamn mouth shut. Quote End I hiss through my teeth, my blood boiled as I spoke each word.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:55 am

I breathed a small sigh of relief to finally be getting out of the tense atmosphere and shot Sof a smile. My movements mirrored hers as I stood up and then I stooped down to pick up my bag from underneath the table, lifting it carefully with my laptop inside.  Quote Begin So, where- Quote End  I’d already started continuing the conversation before I’d stood up, but I stopped short and looked around in confusion when it was obvious Sof was no longer at the table.

My instinct kicked in, the first place I looked to being the table with the loudmouths and of course that was where Sof was. I hurried to join her, hooking my bag over my shoulder.

I made it to the table in time to hear Sof bitching them out, my features setting in a firm line. I stood next to her and frowned at the men, who looked like they found Sof’s outburst funny as well as shocking, and couldn’t help the fire that built up inside me. I jumped forward to try and back her up.

Quote Begin Yeah, you need to shut up about things that aren’t your damn business. Quote End  I glared a warning at the men, feeling a spurt of adrenalin and excitement amidst the tension. Two had the decency to avert their gazes, but one stared a challenge back at me that had me nervous, hoping it wasn’t going to escalate into a fight, especially not when I wasn’t going to back down.

But then he looked away as well and I relaxed a little.  Quote Begin C’mon Sof, these guys aren’t worth it. Quote End  I said, placing my hands on her shoulders to steer her out of Uncommon Grounds and away from that disaster. So much for a relaxed catch up. What stuck on my mind though, was that after what had happened, even though the guys had no right to talk about it, Sof had still.. almost stuck up for Sage, after everything he’d apparently done. I couldn’t understand it. I expected her to be upset, angry at him even, but not protective.

I reasoned that there just must be something more to what had happened. Something as horrific as what Sage had done was always going to be difficult to understand anyway, let alone cope with like Sof had to. I held the door open for her with a supportive smile and glanced outside, scanning the grey sky and the ominous expanse of cloud that was masking the sun. The paleness of Sof's bare arms seemed almost luminous against her dark top and the grey street. Quote Begin Are you going to be cold without sleeves? Quote End  I asked, ready to take my coat off for her.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:11 pm

My nostrils flare as I narrow my pale irises at each of the sleazes. When they turned their heads to each other, I practically jumped out of my skin when I saw the smug smirks plastered on their faces. Do they really find this amusing? I grind my teeth together and open my mouth slightly, about to speak, but blink as a figure steps forward; the figure being Ru. I let out a sigh of relief, instantly feeling more composed. I choose to stay hidden behind Ru, the overwhelming of emotions and anxiety consuming me. I was never one to stand my ground, I never enjoyed having that kind of attention beamed down on me. Flashbacks of high school race through my mind, of when I always hid behind Sage when people picked on me...

Ru's words brought a shy smile to my face. The reassurance of someone backing me up, after so long, warmed my heart dearly. I remain silent, having said everything I needed to say. I glance up through my long lashes when a pair of broad hands are placed on my petite shoulders. I swallow hard and nod, averting from the obscene table. I look over to the counter at a worried Mary Ann, I force a reassuring smile at her before I walk through the propped open door onto the chilly streets. 

Quote Begin I'll be okay. Thank you though, Quote End I murmur melodically and rub my arms, trying to grasp what had just happened. Did I really just confront a group of men, causing a scene, for saying such vulgar words about Sage, who brought this massacre upon our family? I stop myself from pressing any further on the subject. 

I pull my black leather bag to the side and lift up the flap, withdrawing a tissue to use as a temporary bandage for the palm of my hand. First thing I'm doing when I get home: trimming my nails. I clench the tissue into my hand and turn to Rupert,  Quote BeginThank you Ru, for helping me out back there. I really appreciate it, Quote End I say sincerely, pausing for a moment, Quote Begin And I'm sorry I ruined our little moment. Quote End

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:18 am

I tried to avoid looking at Sof’s hand.  Quote Begin No, it’s no problem. Quote End  I said. I wanted to say more but stopped, figuring out in the street wasn’t the place for it. I smiled instead.  Quote Begin Hey, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of time for more little moments. Quote End  There was definitely a flirty undertone to what I was saying and it surprised me a little, not knowing where I was really going with it. Sof was definitely attractive and I knew I liked red hair, but it seemed strange when I’d known her for so long but never entertained those thoughts before. When we were kids she was just Sage’s quiet younger sister who read a lot of books. I’d liked her but Sage had always had the bigger personality, almost leaving Sof in his shadow.

Quote Begin Well, you’re sure you’re not cold? Quote End  I asked again, hands on my coat collar to begin taking it off. I watched Sof but after a moment’s thought, left it. I didn’t want to force anything on her so I’d just keep an eye on her instead.  Quote Begin Don’t come whining to me if you turn into a snow man. Or knowing you, a snow angel. Quote End  Sof had always been so booksmart at school and I didn’t think I could remember her getting into trouble. She didn’t seem the type for it. Maybe it was why the teachers liked her a lot more than me.  Quote Begin Anyway, are you still up for exploring? If not, you could always show me your place? Quote End  I asked, realising how suggestive that sounded after. I didn’t want Sof to get the wrong idea, but more than that I didn’t want to seem desperate or like I was excited to stay with her for those reasons. It felt a bit presumptuous when we’d only just bumped into each other again.  Quote Begin So I can take a look round if you’re still okay with me staying a while, see if there’s room for my things. We could get your hand sorted out too. Quote End  I said, finally addressing the problem I’d been trying not to think about. I wasn’t so keen on blood. And by not so keen, I mean it made me weak at the knees and feel faint. The stupidest thing was that I was fine if it was me that was hurt or bleeding, but anyone else or even something on the TV could make me feel queasy.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:48 pm

I clutch my injured hand, making sure to keep pressure on my palm. I didn't think my nails were that sharp, especially not sharp enough to break through skin. Anger and frustration overwhelmed me in the moment, I couldn't exactly let off steam by punching the wall so my palm was the next best option. My ears perk up, not so much at what he said but the way he said it...As if he was coming off a little flirty. Ru flirting with me? I snort aloud at the thought, regretting I did so immediately after as my stomach knots up. Quote Begin I'd like that a lot. Quote End I smile softly, my gaze retreating to the ground. Ru has always thought of me as a friend, nothing more. It was hard for me to accept that in high school, but what would make him change now? I am the same boring, geeky Sofia. 

Quote Begin I'm sure. Quote End I nod, breaking away from the concrete pavement and give him a soft smile. Quote Begin If I were to accept your coat, then you would be cold. I can handle the cold, but since you've been in Cali all these years, you probably need that coat more than I do. Quote End My smile turns into a smirk, and I instantly feel more at ease. All I needed was to pull Ru's leg a bit. Quote Begin A snow angel? Maybe you just haven't seen my dark side yet. Quote End I whisper. Honestly, I didn't have a single bad bone in my body. I felt terrible taking a cookie from the cookie jar without asking. I raise an eyebrow at his next choice of words, he was either having a difficult time getting his words across, or he meant to sound like a tease. We had just ran into each other after years of separation, so I doubt he was being a tease.  Quote BeginOf course I'm okay with you staying. I practically have a room with your name on it already. Quote End I reassure him, but frown down at my hand. But he's right, my hand had started to throb and this tissue wouldn't last much longer. Quote Begin It's probably best we head back to my place before we do any exploring. My hand needs some proper bandaging.  Quote End 

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics