setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Old Friend - Page 4

[Private] Old Friend

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Old Friend

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Quote Begin I think the coach didn’t like me, even before I tried out. Quote End I admitted, having always had that feeling but no definite proof to back it up,  Quote Begin maybe he could sense my to-be-geekiness. Quote End  I smiled, and at least tried not to laugh when Sof mentioned volleyball. It was so difficult not to though when her and volleyball had just been the worst match ever. I settled for a wide grin.  Quote Begin Yeah, I’m not even going to disagree – it was bad. Quote End  I teased.  Quote Begin You’re too small and quiet for a game like that, piano seems totally better suited to you. Although… you know what people always say about ‘the quiet ones’. Quote End  I stuck my tongue out a little, willing to do anything to direct the subject away from Sage at that moment. Even just the mention of him had a pretty obvious effect on Sof.  Quote Begin And with all the procrastinating you’re doing instead of writing me a book, you could give piano a go. Quote End  I added on, rolling my eyes to look outside the window before rolling them back to Sof, trying to stifle my smirk.

Her hand on mine was a little surprise, but after a start I smiled back warmly.  Quote Begin Well, I’m glad I’m not entirely help-less then. Quote End  I smiled a little, and pretended to clutch my hand in pain,  Quote Begin And you should go get some gloves, or at least warn people before you go giving everyone frostbite! Quote End  My grin broke through my pained expression and I shook my head, putting my much warmer hands back around my mug, which had slowly cooled to be only just hotter than them.  Quote Begin Or try this. And…I don’t blame you. Quote End  I said with a small, apologetic shrug, and glanced away for a second, wondering what it must be like for Sof. I had a lot of questions in my head but even if we had been close they felt so inappropriate. I just kept thinking how I’d feel if I’d been in her situation, and the worst part was I couldn’t even imagine it what it must be like. My wonderings on where she was staying instead were coincidentally met with the best news I’d had since I’d paid for the room at that damn godforsaken motel.  Quote Begin Wow, that would be amazing! It’s so tricky looking for somewhere to live if you’re not in the area already, or at least somewhere nice to live because without going to see the places you could end up with any old shit, and the motel seriously just isn’t cutting it. But are you sure? Actually, I don’t care if you’re sure, if you’ve got broadband I’m already moving in. Quote End  I flashed a grin, and it widened as I shook my head in disbelief, unable to convey how thankful I was.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Quote Begin Maybe his geeky senses were tingling!  Quote End I exclaim, thinking back to how Ru has always came off as a little bit intimidating. Hell, even I felt a little intimated by him sometimes despite how long we have know each other. I grin and shake my head, noticing how hard he was trying not to break into a field of laughter, Quote Begin You little shit, I'll at least give you a star for the effort. Although I will agree with you on that, it was more of a social experiment but I left that sport with no new friendships, just a lot of bruises...And what do they say about them? Quote End I tilt my head to the side, catching another glimpse of his tongue piercing.  Quote Begin You don't rush perfection,  Quote End My grin softens into a smirk, trailing my index finger along the rim of the mug.

For as long as I can remember I have had the coldest hands, not sure why but it was always fun cupping Honor or Sterling's face and useful when Sage was being a pain in the ass. It almost felt like I had a superpower.  Quote Begin Although you know what they say, cold hands warm heart. Next thing you know I'll be shooting ice from my fingertips like Elsa,  Quote End I smile, wiggling my fingers at him. My face softens as I remember my childhood house, it was filled with so many memories and love...Or at least that is what I thought. I have wondered if it looks any different, if a new family has moved in...Or if it is abandoned. Just the thought of a different family living where we lived, eating in the kitchen we ate at, or sleeping in the rooms we slept makes me feel sick.  Quote Begin The only place I've visited that we shared was our favorite camping spot, but even that was hard.  Quote End I shrug, recalling my adventure out into the woods a few weeks ago when I arrived in Index. My face brightens up, and I scoot closer to the table,  Quote Begin I got lucky, the day I started my search the house listing had just gone up and I was the first to schedule a showing, then it was mine. Of course I'm sure, Ru. Mi casa es tu casa.  Quote End I nod, a hint of my Spanish accent showing.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Quote Begin Perfection? Hmm…is that what they’re calling it now? Quote End  I said, evading her other questions with a smirk. I glanced out the window again, starting to feel energised and cooped up after hearing about the old places Sof used to go. It just reminded me of the places I used to go and I started wondering if and how much they’d changed. I glanced back to her and smirked at her fingers.  Quote Begin Sure. Would they fall off from the cold if we went for a walk though? That’d be a different end to a Disney movie. Quote End  I joked, and then sat up a little straighter and glanced out of the window again.  Quote Begin That’s exactly what I want to do, go and check out some of the places I used to go as a kid. I can’t wait to get hiking again! D’you think places have changed much? The town totally seems so much bigger. Quote End

I finished up the last of the hot chocolate, sliding the mug to the side of the table and clasping my hands in the middle.  Quote Begin Mi casa what? I’m bad enough with my own language and you know I sucked in Spanish at school, Sof. You don't need to go espanol - I think it's pretty obvious who's the cultured one here! You'll have to lower yourself down to my level, primitive geek. Quote End I smiled to myself, and then at Sof.  Quote Begin Anyway, how’d you feel about a walk or something? I’m feeling antsy just sitting here. And then you could show me where your place is after? Quote End  I asked, already planning on moving my stuff in as soon as possible. I needed accessible internet like two weeks ago.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Quote Begin I mean, that's what I'm calling it, Quote End I smirk, twirling the ring around my middle finger. As he glances outside, the chime of the door catches my attention and I catch a glimpse of a group of three walking in. They all seemed familiar, I wonder if I went to school with them since they look relatively close to my age. I kept to myself mostly throughout high school, with a few expectations, so I'm not surprise if I don't know them. Quote Begin It would certainly be a change of events, and probably not. I have a pretty high tolerance to the cold. The town has definitely grown, more than I thought. I think places like this are still the same, with a few upgrades here and there but the character is still present. We'll have to take a trip down memory lane, go see the high school and maybe even the lake we use to go ice skating on...Or at least try to ice skate on, Quote EndI smile. Out of the few sports I attempted, ice skating is the only one I would want to pick up again. There is just something so moving, and romantic, about ice skating. I remember that being my parent's first date. The thought widens my smile.

My smile quickly forms into a smirk as Ru butchers the simplest of Spanish words. Quote Begin You weren't that bad at it...Sólo un poco, Quote End I wink at him, then break contact with him for a moment to the group of three just about to walk pass us. I smile softly at them and just as I am about to bring my attention back to Ru, the look I received from them brings me to a halt. Their eyes had widened, followed by faint whispers. I didn't do well when I could sense people talking about me, and they weren't doing a good job hiding it. I turn my head to the side towards the table they had sat down at, at this point I had tuned out Ru completely and was tuning in the group of three. But soon I would regret I had. 

Quote Begin Didn't her psycho brother slaughter their entire family? Quote End 

Quote Begin I heard he was on meth when he killed them. Quote End  

Quote Begin I hope that sick son of a bitch is rotting in hell.  Quote End

My hand had swollen into a fist, the warm awareness of blood running down the palm as my nails had begun to dug into my skin, my lips set in a firm line as my breathing grew heavy.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:41 am

I smiled widely back at Sof, excited at the thought of not just exploring the differences in the town, but having someone to do it with too. Quote Begin Oh yeah, we ‘gotta do that – find the lake and go ice-skating together. Do you even have any skates? There must be somewhere round here that rents them… Quote End I was getting so lost in my thoughts and determination that we would see through all these plans that I didn’t notice Sof had stopped listening at first.

When I did I frowned, wondering how the atmosphere had got so tense so fast, and what the hell I’d missed. Or maybe it was just Sof that was tense. I followed her gaze to an adjoining table, my face slackening in surprise when I managed to catch a bit of what they said. Shit, I had no idea if there was any truth in what they were saying but one glance at Sof and it was pretty obvious that didn’t matter right now.

Quote Begin Hey, Quote End  I spoke softly, reaching out to put my hand over her clenched fist. A frown flickered across my face when I felt a strange stickiness but I didn’t pull back and tried to keep the forced smile on my face.  Quote Begin Hey, Sof.. you wanna go explore now? Quote End  I asked, trying to pull her back from wherever she’d gone. The group were still whispering to themselves and my jaw clenched in annoyance, trying to ignore them for Sof’s sake and also because I felt a little out of my depth. All that happening just made me realise exactly how much I’d missed and how much I didn’t know, opening up this older Sof to me in a different light as I watched her. I flashed her a small, genuine smile and squeezed her hand.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics