setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Old Friend - Page 3

[Private] Old Friend

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Old Friend

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Quote Begin I'll most definitely deliver it personally, just so we can have a little celebratory dance, Quote End I wink, followed by a giggle. He does have a point, I wasn't a fan either of writing all those reading responses. I could care less about what this passage interpreted or how that character changed, I just wanted to read. Quote Begin And if I remember correctly, you drool in your sleep. Big time. Quote End I smirk, leaning back in the chair and folding my arms. His desk was behind mine and each time I looked back, that cheek of his was pressed against one of his textbooks, as he snoozed away. My eyes widen at his impression of Miss Pratchett, Quote Begin That was so spot on, that it terrifies me. Is this what you do in your spare time? Perfecting your impression of our elderly English teacher? Quote End I laugh softly, straightening my back and crossing one leg over the other. 

The way his eyebrows lowered whenever we got quiet...Something was definitely on his mind.  

I prop my elbows on the table and rest my chin in the palm of my hands, all of my attention drawn to him. I remain silent as he spoke about California and his start to becoming a freelance web developer, which I was surprised to hear. I never saw Ru being the computer nerd type, in high school I was positive he was going to make it big in football. But in a way, I'm glad he didn't. Quote Begin With your looks and smooth talking skills, I bet you got invited to all those celebrity galas, or whatever they're called. But that's incredible Rupert! What made you go down the path of web developing? Quote End When he mentioned that he was looking for a place, an idea sparked. I've managed living alone for the month I've been back, but this new loneliness...I'm just not ready. I was going to put an ad in the newspaper this week but this might work, wouldn't hurt to at least suggest it to him. 

I open my mouth but pause when he begins, I could hear the change of his tone, it was more sincere now and I tilt my head to the side slightly, confused to his sudden need to apologize. Then my stomach dropped...Oh no...I could feel the lump in my throat growing, but I already knew that no tears would fall. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't cry anymore. I wince slightly as the familiar sharp pain in my heart occurs when Ru apologizes for not contacting me. When quite frankly, I probably wouldn't have responded. I received loads of condolence letters and emails, they all got burned and deleted. After what happened, I cut off all strings of contact with friends, family, anyone. It made it a little easier when I left the country. I remained quiet, at loss of words, knowing if I tried to speak I would start to cough uncontrollable. I swallow hard, not realizing I was biting the inside of my lip like crazy due to the growing of my anxiety. I take a shaky breath, glancing down at my left forearm as I prepare myself for my least favorite question.  Quote Begin ...I'm fine. Spent the last seven or so years living all over the world. Anywhere but here. I could never stay in one place for long, to name a few, I've lived in Paris, Tokyo, and Rio de Janeiro. I did almost anything to keep my mind elsewhere, and of course I went through tons of journals. But I'm okay, I think.  Quote End That's just it, I didn't know how I was anymore. I've been numb for ten years.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:27 am

Quote Begin A dance, huh? Quote End  I said,  Quote Begin I’ll try not to tread on your feet. Or fall asleep and drool on you. Quote End  I smiled back and bowed my head, tapping at my mug.  Quote Begin Well, if it’s perfect already then I don’t need to perfect it any more. No, I’ve moved on to our math teacher now. Quote End  I joked, when in reality I couldn’t clearly remember who our math teacher had even been, or even if we’d had the same one. It was so many math teachers ago. Miss Pratchett always stuck out because of her character – and her hatred for me, obviously, not that she wasn’t without reason. But a lot had happened since I’d been at school in Index and those days seemed so far away.

Quote Begin Celebrity galas? You must be talking about some other L.A, because the one I’ve come from was nothing like that. But my looks, huh? Quote End  I winked back at Sof, resting my chin on my hand as I grinned.  I relaxed back into a smile when I continued with the more serious part of our conversation, chewing at the inside of my lips as I thought.  Quote Begin Hm… Well, I didn’t exactly broadcast it here, but I always loved computers – it just didn’t go so well with being on the football team. I didn’t make the team in L.A. I joined the school’s jazz band – which I sucked at, and then the school’s radio station which I liked a lot more, and the people in those were more open, I guess. So I joined the computer club and became a certifiable nerd, and haven’t looked back since. Quote End  I grinned widely at Sof, and stuck my tongue out far enough to make my piercing visible.

I sat back, smile fading as I watched Sofi for her answer. I doubted she was okay, not really okay, unless she’d obtained some ridiculously amazing therapist. I almost wanted to tell her it was okay not to be okay, after what had happened. Ten years ago I would’ve done without a second thought. But it had been so long that I wondered if my familiarity might be displaced, and just let her talk.  Quote Begin That’s good. Quote End  I flashed a hopeful smile, and tried not to raise my eyebrows that she’d travelled. I wasn’t sure why, but I’d assumed that Sof had just never left Index.  Quote Begin And you’ve seriously been to all those places? Wow, you must’ve seen some awesome stuff. With all those millions of journals about it, you could be a travel writer. Quote End  I teased, relieved that I was starting to move out of the awkward territory.  Quote Begin So what made you come back to this little place? Quote End  I couldn’t help asking.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:27 pm

I scrunch my nose at the thought of him drooling on me, Quote Begin As tempting as that sounds, I think I'll pass,  Quote End I say, grinning at him. I twirl a strand of hair around my index finger as I think back to English class, he was pretty cute when he was asleep - minus the drool.  Quote Begin  Before you know it, you'll have a perfected impression of each of your high school teachers,  Quote End  I smirk, math was never my strongest subject. When I wasn't the tutor, I was the one being tutored...By Sage. That was the one class he actually did decent in, but then I remember the only reason why - he had the young, hot teacher who he kept claiming had a thing for him. Typical Sage. 

Quote Begin  Of course, how could I have gotten those two mixed up - my bad,  Quote End  I joke, and my cheeks begin to flush red,  Quote Begin  Don't get a big head now, Ru. You're good looking, clearly.  Quote End  I look down into my lap and trace circles along my capri's - in hopes in hiding my red cheeks. Quote Begin I'm sorry to hear that. I bet it was disappointing, especially since you had to find a new activity. I'm sure you played beautifully with whatever instrument, Quote End I smirk, Quote Begin Welcome to the dark side. Quote End I giggle at his goofy expression, and notice his oddly attractive tongue piercing. 

I nod, Quote Begin Plus many more. You could say that, some breathtaking stuff. I could be, even though most of what's written in those journals are stories I made up of people I saw on the streets. You could say I'm a professional people watcher, Quote End  I said grinning. I take a moment, and look at the photos of old towns folk collected throughout the years hung on the walls before answering him, Quote Begin There's one thing Index will always be that Paris, Tokyo, London, Copenhagen, Rome, Rio de Janeiro, Berlin, and Madrid will never be...It's home. I wanted nothing to do with this place when I lost my family. I saw this place as my personal hell, Rupert. But for ten years, I've been avoiding calling anywhere home - because it wasn't. I'm at a point in my life where I need a home, and those places will never cut it. I always knew I would return, just didn't know when was the right time,  Quote End I take a deep breath,  Quote Begin Damn you have no idea how good it feels to give someone some insight on where I've been the last ten years.  Quote End I smile at Rupert, and for once, it even felt good to smile.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 am

Quote Begin Hey, isn’t beauty in the eye of the beholder? Quote End  I quipped back, and threw in another wink when I spotted the tell-tale signs of a flush on Sof’s cheeks. It was strange to think of the possibility of her finding me good looking, or having a crush. She’d always been pretty quiet and book-ish, but then in the years since I’d last seen her she definitely had changed some… physically, at least… It was still a mindfuck to think of her like that though.  Quote Begin I didn’t care much. The guys down there were just really good, took it a bit more seriously, so I doubt it’d have been so fun anyway. Just work. If I’d gotten on it I might never have found out how much I love music. And I played the piano about as good as I am at English. Quote End  I said, still grinning. It had been a shame, but –  Quote Begin I seriously don’t have a musical bone in my body when it comes to playing instruments. The only keyboard you’ll find me on is one connected to a computer. Anyway, you’re not a nerd, right? I always just thought you were quiet. Quote End  I smiled. Quiet… and, okay, probably a bit nerdy, but not in that spotty, thick-rimmed glasses type of way.

I sipped at my drink, just enjoying the atmosphere of the old coffee shop and being with Sof as I listened to her. The weird thing was that everything she was saying, bar all the travelling, felt eerily similar to how I felt.  Quote Begin I prefer talking to people, but everyone’s different. Quote End  I joked, before smiling at her in a less humorous way.  Quote Begin It’s crazy, seriously so crazy Sof, but that’s sort of how I feel. I loved Cali and it was awesome, but it just didn’t feel like here somehow. It’s hard to describe it really. And… I’m glad you feel good, it was great when I saw you but after the surprise I did worry I might drag all that stuff back for you. ‘Great I can be of help to do the opposite. Quote End  I tapped my fingers on the side of my mug, still smiling.  Quote Begin So, where are you staying? Not at the house? Quote End  I asked, meaning the family home she’d had when we were children.  Quote Begin I'm at that awful Inn, and it seriously sucks. That's one thing I miss about LA - I bet this motel was no different when I was a kid to how it is now. The owners obviously haven't realised the 80s are over. They have internet but it sucks so bad, it might be powered by a hamster on a damn wheel for all the speed it has. Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:20 pm

It is weird to think back to the crush I had on Ru in high school, of all people. I am sure it was bound to happen, being childhood best friends and all, but I never felt good enough for him, so I hid those feelings and I think I did a pretty good job at it. Quote Begin I bet they were all a bunch of meat heads carrying around their protein shakes. That bad, huh? Quote End I joke, my lips shaping into a soft smile,  Quote Begin But let's not forget the time I, surprisingly, made the volleyball team. Now that was bad.  Quote End I had never played a sport in my life, simply because I injured easily but my parents insisted I give a go at some sport my senior year, and of course I pick the worse sport possibly. I lost count of how many bruises I would wake up to after a game.  Quote Begin But hey, practice makes perfect. I've always wanted to learn the piano, just never had time. I was either jamming my head into books or the hard gym floor.  Quote End I said, giggling.  Quote Begin I was more of a book nerd, still am, Quote End I smile small,  Quote Begin That too, I mostly just hid behind Sage knowing that no one would get through him...  Quote End I trail off.

I narrow my eyes and stick my tongue out at him, grinning shortly after. Quote Begin Index is our blood, we have a heartfelt connection to this place that no one else will experience. You've always been of help to me, Ru.  Quote End I clasp my hand over his, feeling how much warmer his hands are, and squeeze gently. I shake my head as I pull my bitter hand away,  Quote Begin No way, I can't bear to even walk by it.  Quote End That was the first place I wanted to visit when I arrived here, but I have no clue how I will react, so I am avoiding that visit for as long as possible. I remember now I was going to ask if he would want to bunk with me for a bit before he started to apologize earlier.  Quote Begin I don't blame you. I made sure to find a place prior so I wouldn't have to stay there, the place gives me the creeps. Anyway, I have a place in the Oakwood neighborhood, and a spare room that you are more than welcome to take, Ru. I would place an ad in the newspaper for a roommate but I don't trust just anyone moving into my humble abode. Plus, I have internet that is not powered by a cute hamster on a damn wheel.  Quote End I wink.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics