setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Old Friend

[Private] Old Friend

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Old Friend

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Thread Details

Mostly Cloudy | 10:52 AM

OOC Message

Quote Begin Why does it take longer for cartilage to heal? Quote End I read off the flashcard and look up at Sage, across the table of scattered calculus papers  and opened anatomy textbooks, who is looking elsewhere. I follow his eyes to a group of girls behind me in belly button shirts and short skirts looking and giggling back at him. I scrunch my nose as I turn back to Sage and kick his shin,  Quote Begin Really Sage? Really? Quote End  His jaw drops as he darts his eyes over at me, Quote Begin Oh come on Sof, just because a guy does not give you a second glance, or even a first glance, does not mean you need to ruin my fun. Quote End My lips set in a hard line as I kick his shin again, but harder. Much harder.

I run my index finger along the rim of the mug, smiling to myself at the memory. But that is all it was now, a memory. I curl my fingers around the handle and bring the mug to my lips, the welcoming aroma of herbal tea fills my nose as the tea itself warms my throat. I set the mug back down on the wooden surface and gaze around at my surroundings. It is fairly empty today compared to how it has been the last few days, despite the couple cuddling on the couch in front of the fireplace and the elderly man reading the newspaper by the window. We exchange greetings whenever we see each other. Someday, I will invite him to join me for coffee. Someday. 

The ringing of the bell hung above the entrance brings my attention to the family walking in. A family of six.   Quote Begin Oh pour l'amour de baiseQuote End  I mutter under my breath as I roll my eyes and look out the window.  Quote Begin Everything alright, hon? Quote End I am sure she saw my reaction because not even a minute later, Mary Ann is at my side. Quote Begin Yeah, Mary AnnQuote End I give her a reassuring smile in hopes that she would quit worrying about me. Quote Begin You sure, Sofia? Quote End She asks once more, but more sincere. Now she was the Mary Ann who had babysat Sage and I for years while our parents were gone for business. I nod to her one last time before looking back out the window. I felt her hand on my shoulder for a brief moment, then I hear her footsteps go quiet.

As I spend the next ten minutes looking out the window, lip biting and all, a story hits me. I reach around for my backpack, pulling out my brown leather journal and setting it on the table. I unwrap the strap and open to the eagerly awaiting blank page I had bookmarked with my pen from earlier. I grab a hold of my pen and begin writing.

I title this story, Someday.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Old Friend

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:49 pm

OOC Message
Outfit, shoes.. Carrying bag.

The internet at the motel was driving me up the wall, round the bend and ab-so-lutely-ly fucking crazy. I hadn’t even thought they made it that slow anymore – but hey, apparently they did. I’d had enough of waiting on it and wanting to throw my laptop at the wall so I just gave up trying at the motel. I knew exactly the place where the internet wasn’t descended from gigantic tortoises.

Quote Begin Hey Mary Ann. Quote End  I grinned as I walked through the door of Uncommon Grounds, walking up to the lovely lady behind the counter. I could remember Mary Ann back from when I used to live in the town and she didn’t seem to have changed one bit. The coffee shop had been one of the first places I’d visited when I’d come back.  Quote Begin Rupert! Quote End She beamed at me.  Quote Begin Have you decided if you’re gonna stay yet, hon? Quote End  As she talked Mary Ann started preparing my usual mocaccino and I leaned on the counter.  Quote Begin Well, y’know… Quote End  I jokingly pulled a face and mimed weighing things up with my hands.  Quote Begin I’m still thinking about it. Quote End  I said with a smile, because I’d already made my decision and I thought she’d be able to guess that.

There was a lull in the conversation when the coffee-machine started spurting and I took the chance to look round the place to see where I could sit. My gaze fell upon someone seated near the window and I swear, I did a double take.  Quote Begin Hold that thought! Quote End  I called to Mary Ann, leaving my bag on the side for her to keep an eye on and starting over to the woman near the window. It couldn’t be – could it? I leaned and craned my neck to try and get a better look, noticing she was writing away in some book - and that did it for me. It had to be her.

Quote Begin Hey, Quote End  I said when I’d reached the table, grinning down at her because – what were the chances?! It made me wonder how many other schoolmates I might bump into. Quote Begin Sof? Is that seriously you? I feel like I’m tripping right now, this is crazy! Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:37 pm

As I continue to write, I bring my right leg over my left and lean back slightly in my chair. I hear the bell ring once more followed by a man's voice, then Mary Ann's shortly after but I did not bother to look up this time. I pause for a moment, setting my pen to the side and tightening my ponytail as I read over what I have written. Just as I pick my pen back up, a figure is standing before me. I look up from my journal into a pair of enriched green eyes, and instantly feel a bit at home. 

Quote Begin Rupert? Quote End I ask, scooting my chair back and bringing myself to my feet. Quote Begin Meu Deus, Quote End I breath, immediately wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him tight. This can not be happening. No way my best friend from childhood is standing right here, in front of me, in my arms, I pinch myself for safe measuring and let out a sigh of relief. I had not realize how tight I was embracing him and quickly pull away, Quote Begin S-Sorry, I just, can not believe you are really here. How long has it been? Quote End I remember the day he moved away to California, it was the second saddest day of my life.  

I glance over at Mary Ann as she sets, what I assume, his drink down on the counter. I bring my eyes back to his and a shy smile forms on my lips, Quote Begin Would you care to join me? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:24 am

I laughed at the pressure of the hug but didn’t move to push Sof away, instead glancing down with her at wonder. It had been so long, but it wasn’t just the length of time playing on my mind.  Quote Begin It’s crazy, right? And it must be.. about ten years? Time goes so quick. Quote End  I grinned but paused, dodging the elephant in the room. Last time I’d seem Sofia, the Rin family had been intact. I might have moved just before it had happened, but I’d heard what her brother did. It still shocked me to think of it even now. I’d known him too, known the whole family… and wasn’t shit like that only supposed to go down in movies? Even with Sof standing right there it felt unreal.

Quote Begin No, I’m going to go sit over there  – yeah of course, what do you think? Quote End  I tried to joke, grinning at Sof’s meekness. She didn’t seemed to have changed much at all.  Quote Begin Just gonna grab my drink. Quote End  I gave her arm a squeeze and hurried back over to collect it, paying Mary Ann and fending off her curiosities with nothing more than a cheeky wink.

I carried the mug back over and slipped into the chair opposite Sof, deciding I’d shed a layer of clothing when I’d warmed up properly.  Quote Begin Still writing? Quote End  I asked, gesturing to the notebook on the table with a smile. It felt easier than asking how she was, which I was curious about… but felt awkward right then.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Quote Begin  That it does,  Quote End  I murmur softly and nod my head. Ten years. To think that I have spent the last ten years traveling from country to country, journal entry after journal entry, doing anything that would keep my mind clear. The world was my escape, the escape that I desperately needed. 

I felt my stomach drop instantly, looking towards the direction he was going to chose to sit instead. But that feeling is soon uplifted when I realize he was just joking. Quote Begin Ha ha, very funny, Rupert, Quote End I smile, shaking my head at him. Same old sarcastic Rupert. He always knew how to make anyone laugh, especially me, even if he did not realize it.  My smile widens when he squeezes my arm, and I sit back down in my chair, crossing one leg over the other, as he walks off to collect his drink. 

I grin as he finally joins me with his steamy beverage. I look down at my journal, scoffing lightly, Quote Begin When have I ever stopped? Quote End And honestly, I do not ever believe I will. I can not remember a day where I have not written something down in my journal, I also could not recall how many journals I have gone through in the last ten years. Quote Begin You know me, I couldn't go anywhere without this thing back then, I still can't now. Quote End This journal was my very own security blanket.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics