setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

JKAmaryllis

JKAmaryllis

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amberama

JKAmaryllis

JKAmaryllis | Out of Character Account; Member

Posted on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Member Page: JKAmaryllis

Who am I?
I go by JKA or Amber, and I'm a 31 year old registered nurse working at a physical rehab facility. I have two corgis, one named Rusty and a puppy named Kara. I'd rather binge on TV shows than watch movies, and the shows I'm into currently are Jessica Jones, Mr. Robot, Game of Thrones, Gotham, American Dad, and... oh I'm sure there are a ton more I'm forgetting. I also like a few games, including Fallout, Sims (duh), and a few random games on steam like Prison Architect and Stardew Valley.

Availability
This one used to be easy. I used to work Sunday-Tuesday, so those days were pretty much off limits. This job is new, and I'm still being trained and my schedule isn't.. stable? lol. But it should still be three days a week that I'm unavailable for sure, and I'm likely going to be on night shift. So my hours are wonky, but I'll be around.

I prefer to chat in slack, although you can PM me here or my email is ambercains85@gmail.com but I do not suggest that unless I'm being a turd and poofing. ;)

About my roleplaying

Roleplaying Preferences
Okay, so I'm a plotter. Maybe more than I'd like to admit, but I am always open for a good plotting session preferably in slack. PM works too, but it might end up being a bit slower. Once in a while I'll certainly join or create open threads, but just a head's up those are generally my weak spots as I like a little bit of direction for the thread. Who knows, a little bit of planning can go a long way ie. deciding that our characters know each other through a mutual npc/friend. Just something that small easily gets the ball rolling.

Also, threads with more than three people total are difficult for me. I prefer 1-1 threading but like to challenge myself from time to time and it certainly helps to mix things up when others join in on the fun. Nothing is off limits for me, however I may or may not fade to black less out of discomfort and more out of convenience if it's been decided there's really nothing else to tell of the situation.

What I'm looking for in new plots
Believe it or not, there hasn't been a lot of romance in my plots lately. Trust me, I don't want it to be all I have, but I don't mind a little bit of loving. It's fun on it's own but it also complicates overarching plots at times. Also, I'm DYING to be able to roleplay some... not quite enemies but people with some drama between them, people who can fight but wouldn't actually kill each other if placed in a room together. Kinda specific, I know. And I'm not sure if this is a great jumping point for a plot, so maybe it would be better to see character descriptions which will follow eventually :)

Characters and their status

Michelle Hawke: Main character, active
Benjamin Reese: Active
Gayle Shaffer: Active
Shane Mathis: Active
Claire Trevino: Available upon request
Gwyneth Mathiasen: Available upon request

Back to top Go down

Amberama

Re: JKAmaryllis

Posted on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:08 pm

Michelle Hawke

General Description
She's a 28 year old with ever changing hair colors, although she has currently went back to black with a mild red ombre. There is nothing remarkable about her size or weight other than that she is average. Belly is slightly poochy and round, not tone but no muffin top. She's pale skinned with blue eyes. Tattos are a phoenix on her back, and on her right arm a compass with the quote, "To die would be an awfully big adventure". She has an industrial piercing on her right ear and has taken out all of her facial piercings. Her style can basically be summed up as "boho goth".

Voice.

Personality
Awkward and without a filter but also lacks a mean bone in her body. So prone to sticking her feet in her mouth and maybe raising a few eyebrows with her potty mouth when in a more proper setting. She loves PC gaming, Tarantino movies, music, concerts, tumblr, and booze. Not averse to smoking weed, but will avoid any substances beyond that. She's not picky over food, and loves fall and Halloween but does not go nuts over pumpkin spice.

As far as romance, Michelle is bisexual but aside from her one time love, Giovanni Reyes, claims that relationships are too complicated.

Biography
Michelle begins as Evangeline Hawke, a young music teacher fresh out of college and in love with Logan Byrne. Pregnant with his baby, she went to visit her mother only to find her mother and father lying on the floor dead, covered in blood. They had been attacked by her baby vampire sister, Elisabeth, who attempted to persuade Eva to forget this ever happened, forget her life, and to be someone else. At that time, Eva miscarried, and through a twisted maneuver of the cosmos and fate, the soul of the baby latched on to Eva. Eva, crushed by the circumstances of her life, lost her will and the soul of the baby (Michelle) came into control.

Fast forward to a moment when a medium named Shane, the late Jude Fischer, and Logan Byrne finally discovered (to an extent) what happened, and were able to find a home for the extra spirit. Only it wasn't Michelle who was evicted, it was Eva. Eva now claimed the body of Claire Trevino, a younger victim of a car accident who had been thought to be comatose and beyond hope.  Much time has passed, and both Michelle and Claire have found their own lives. Michelle, having worked at the Mad Platter for years and gaining the owners favor, was willed the store when he sadly passed away of renal failure.

Supernatural Ties
The world of the supernatural is no longer a secret to Michelle. One memorable Halloween party at Bennigan's Michelle was witness to the first turning of Gio. Werewolves were discovered at this point, and it wasn't long before she'd met a few vampires as well. The vampires lead her to her capture by Shane, who eventually lost interest when he realized she knew very little about her own origins and could give him no information on just how the "ritual" happened that caused her and Eva to jump bodies. Michelle sees vampires now as fun, but self serving and dangerous - even if Michelle may be looking for that danger. The wolves, similar, but she feels more at home with them as she's developed actual close relationships or friendships with a few of them.

Michelle is also the owner of an enchanted ring after a mysterious (and kind of hilarious) accident at One Shot. When Michelle wears this ring, she morphs into a raven, an ability she currently only uses to "check up on old friends".

Back to top Go down

Amberama

Posted on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Benjamin Reese

General Description
A former ER doc, Ben only recently was turned into a vampire by Noelle Benson. He’s 33 years old with reddish brown hair and a toned physique. Average height, or short, compared to his company somewhere around 5’10. His style is not rugged, bot not overly formal either. Fairly basic clothing but he’s not above showing off by wearing a tight tee.

Personality
Even as a human Ben was arrogant. He worked hard to get where he was and assumed that everyone else could if they wanted to, but were too lazy. So he took pride in expensive things, especially his car. Any relationship he was in beyond a regular friend with benefits was reluctant on his part and short lived.

Currently he struggles because he’s aware he’s no longer a big fish in his world, and he feels he has to start over. He enjoys his new power, but resents feeling in the dark. Bits of humanity are falling off of him like layers of dead skin, and the process was expedited when he watched his father shoot himself in the head.

He’s known after a feeding to almost paint himself with the blood of his victim, a process which for unknown reasons makes him feel powerful.

Biography
Ben was raised by a single mother on an Air Force base in Aurora Colorado after his father mysteriously left them to fend for themselves. Not wanting to live in poverty for the rest of his life, he put himself through med school and took a job in Index, WA as an ER physician, with plans eventually to become a trauma surgeon. (A plan that was wiped out with his ability to control himself around blood.) His human death occurred one cold night when he attempted to rescue a woman from a river following a car accident. Thought to be dead, he’d been rescued by Noelle Benson and turned.

Supernatural Ties
Ben is a vampire, aware of werewolves and warlocks even before his turning as he once witnessed a scuffle between Vincent and Ace Yamada. His bond with Noelle also predates his vampirism as she was someone he’d chased a bit beforehand. This makes his tie to her somewhat painful, as he thinks finally bedding her will set his passion for her at ease.

One boring evening, a curious Ben decided to experiment with his blood bond, sneaking a bit of his blood to Sofia Rin. Even though the bond doesn’t work both ways, this process made the (still somewhat human) Ben feel responsible for Sofia and confused about his feelings.

Currently, Ben is conversing with Ursula Darwin, acting on his dislike for the minimal amount of structure provided to him by Gayle’s nest. He blames his dislike of Gayle on a lack of upward mobility in his world, however it obviously comes down to something as simple as jealousy over Noelle’s affections.

Back to top Go down

Amberama

Posted on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Gayle Shaffer

General Description
Thin, petite, usually very pale skinned until recently. Gray almost white eyes. Hair varies from blonde to strawberry blonde. Never retracts fangs. Always wears extremely expensive designer clothing, her favorite being the late Alexander McQueen. She’s not afraid of wearing revealing clothes, even to the extent of showing her breasts through sheer material.

Personality
I’m going to be a turd and quote Evie, because she summed her up better than I could xD

“I've seen three sides to her, little in between. which I always assumed had to do with her not wasting time with half-assing shit. 1. Appreciation for nontraditional aspects of life, and beauty. This can be her showing incredible awe and gratefulness towards witnessing a sunrise, or something as simple as her clothing choices. 2. Savagery, which is a testament to her age and shows that no matter how old one is, they don't ever change 100%. 3. Formality and balance. She may be old but she doesn't overindulge, she may have power but she doesn't use it to her benefit constantly, and her wisdom comes through when dealing with business. She knows how to lead, without being a government leader [corrupted by fame, money, etc...]”

Biography
Gayles life started in approximately what is now France, but at the time it was the land of the Celts. One night her family was attacked by a strange, roaming herd of feral vampires, her family was killed, and she was almost dead herself. In the process, she attempted to fight back, and in striking the creature’s forehead with a rock, she was exposed to it’s blood, and therefore was turned when she finally died from wounds.

It took her centuries to master the idea and the art of her “sleep” and to adapt new lives with each turn, sometimes a repentant and tortured believer in God, and sometimes closer akin to the devil himself. But with her age comes infamy, and the last few centuries have proved difficult for her to hide from friends and foes and those who know her true self. She now lives as Gayle Shaffer, Owner/CEO of a research corporation based in Seattle. Ogma industries, while providing some advancements to science, has mainly had the task of providing ways for vampires to daywalk, which has finally happened.

Supernatural Ties
Gayle has two living progenies, Kyle Merrick and Noelle Benson. Gayle knows little about Kyle as he’s been hidden from her by the supremacy. While Gayle’s previous mission had been to create a strong nest, the supremacy’s quest to bring Lilith back has brought her full attention. She is currently working to create a new organization to overthrow the supremacy and be a watchdog for further catastrophic plans.

Back to top Go down

Amberama

Posted on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Shane Mathis

General Description
Athletic, with gauged piercings in his ears and this tattoo. Hair shaved underneath, and approximately ear length on top. Usually has facial hair stubble. Athletic, average.

Personality
No longer a do-gooder, the combination of his powers and poor life circumstances have corrupted Shane. He is deceptive, cutthroat, and at times basically a shit-stirrer who will drop a drama bomb just to make life more interesting.

Biography
His life begun as a popular, athletic football star. He and his cousin were basic mediums, able to see and speak with spirits but he never knew more about his capabilities. He married Alyssa, his high school sweetheart, and joined the Coast Guard. This is when his life began it’s downward slope. With his ability discovered, an organization called Northwater sought his expertise in grave robbery and finding sunken treasures and artifacts previously claimed. In the meantime, months out to sea without his wife made Shane a lonely and torn man and he found comfort in Lauren. The news of the affair eventually got back to Alyssa, and the two divorced.

Things further spiraled when his conscious pleaded with him to finally testify against Blackwater - but he soon found that witness protection wasn’t enough. Shane spent a few years traveling from place to place, seeking shelter in difficult places like Alaska, working as a professional rescuer. He was found every step of the way, until he reached Index, and the murder of the Northwater agent slowed his run.

Tired of running and ready to go on the offensive, Shane was tutored in the ways of his powers by a ghost he called Disco. But the more Shane used his powers, the more ruthless he became, and Northwater was soon out of the picture. Now aware of his capabilities, he plans to get back everything he wanted, including Lauren who was murdered soon after Shane left the east coast.

Supernatural Ties
At first a good friend and coworker of Logan Byrne, Shane has made himself an enemy in his attempts to “practice” his capabilities. Luring Logan Byrne and Jude Fischer to a remote destination, he manipulated Jude’s death and attempted to move Jude’s soul to Logan’s body. His experiment wasn’t one hundred percent successful. His ultimate goal is to lure Sofia Rin into being his Lauren, as the resemblance is uncanny.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics