setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required - Page 2

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:14 pm

I laughed, it didn't last long but it happened. Is there much of a difference? I replied but didn't expect an answer. I closed my eyes and sunk into the water, just enough to cover my mouth but left just enough room for myself to breath. This was a much better place when Ophiuchus wasn't with me. She had been wanting to come here more frequently lately and I had no fucking clue why she needed me to come with. Hell I had no clue why she had a sudden interest in the hot springs either. She had always told me it was ''unsanitary'' or some bullshit.

My head shot in her direction when she spoke, and I glared. What the fuck crawled up her ass and died? Good fucking god I couldn't win no matter what with some of these wolves. They were like fucking clones of one another, made with one fucking program installed, the ''I'll talk shit to Alpha and think I can get away with it'' program. I didn't owe this mutt anything. She wasn't fucking Oveyx, who I had to tread lightly around because of the things she knew about me. Who I actually fucking kind of respected in some twisted way. This mutt I didn't respect even a little bit because she had never fucking given me a reason to. No, this mutt was nothing but a goddamned service dog, and her service was fucking done.

Um... I have no idea where the fucking attitude came from but I didn't say now, I said tonight. But thanks for reminding me why I don't fucking like you. Why should I even fucking bother being nice to her anymore? Not with that fucking attitude. Just for the record, if I wanted it now, you would fucking get it for me now. You're nothing but a fighter, and won't ever be any more than that. Yeah I had fucking rank, and it would be a lie if I said I didn't like using it in some situations, situations like this.

Not that I would believe you anyway but good. I like that you're still being a bitch too, living up to the stereotype of the other she-wolves. I  love when wolves give me a reason to put them in the box. Keep it up princess.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:34 pm

I smiled at his short laugh agreeing with the sentiment, I guess not. Fate... coincidence... neither mattered much to me anyway. I just wanted to live my life.

Oh, poor wittle Onyx didn't like me. I didn't think that he had picked up on the fact that in order for me to start having a good time he would have to leave, or have a personality transplant. Either way worked for me. And then he had the nerve to tell me that I would never be anything higher than a fighter? As if I wanted to? As if that wasn't because of his fucking antiquated anti-woman system. It was so fucked up I didn't even know where to begin and he had the nerve to act like he was superior to me because of rank? Because that's definitely what defines character. God, just shut up already! My level respect for him seemed to be constantly fluctuating. He would do something that would suggest he could actually be a good leader and then he would go and fuck it all up again. It was a vicious cycle and I was fucking exhausted.

I supposed I was being a bitch. Kind of. It was just him. He annoyed me. He took away my quiet time. He was a dick. He brought the things I was hiding from directly to me. I didn't like him, but that didn't meant I wanted to spend time sassing him. I was just, I dunno... frustrated? All I want... all I ever wanted was to live my life in peace doing the things I love. Skiing topped that list, but even something like taking a dip in a hot spring was there too. The funny thing was I probably would have liked him if he weren't a wolf. Why did I have to become one? The full moons, the secrets, the politics. I was fucking done with it all.

I sighed but said nothing in response. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I would've apologized because he was somewhat right, except that he was the biggest dick about it. Like he could've said, "you're being a fucking bitch and I'm not" but instead he made this disgusting generalization about women and victimized himself and really just made me want to punch him. Instead I took a deep breath and dived beneath the surface of the water, marveling at the heat on my face and releasing some pent up tension beneath the water before surfacing again and turning to face him with newfound resolve. Whatever, you're right. I guess we can go get the book tonight or whatever. Doesn't matter to me.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Wasn't it just like a woman to have mood swings? Was it mood swings or was she just playing fucking games with me? Too bad for her, in order for mind games to work on me I had to actually be interested in the game. With her, just like most of the wolves on the ''opposing team'' I didn't see much more than interest in bickering over mindless shit or shitty small talk. Like they couldn't make up their fucking minds on what they wanted to talk with me about. Good. I started putting some physical distance between myself and her, the silence was fucking awkward. I had tried talking to her and didn't get much more than a snotty attitude at first and some random fucking mood swing at the end with agreement over what I had said. Maybe she was trying to make this fucking awkward so I would leave, but unfortunately for her this place was public fucking access.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Here's the thing: I am not an awkward person. I get along well with people, you might even say I like them. I liked talking to them. I was a bartender for Pete's sake. So how I ended up pretty much naked with one of the only two people in the entire universe that I struggled to talk to, I don't know. Just thank God it wasn't the other - my "father" Marcus. Still, I was feeling pretty calm. The spring had the affect on me - it balanced out whatever annoyance Onyx caused me. That's why I didn't go off on him.

While the silence was awkward, I was still thankful for it. Even though every cell in my being said "rebel", submitting to him (even though he was wrong) had really simplified things. Instead of a lecture on respect or a threat or something he simply agreed and was silent. It was nice. Almost.

So... small talk. Why not? If we were gonna be in this spring together, might as well make the best of it. I was there first anyway, if anyone should've left it was him. This spring is pretty nice. I didn't really know it was here until tonight. Let me see him try to turn THAT into a lecture about authority. Check and mate.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:53 pm

One thing that really fucking bugged my about wolf form; all the little critters running around the place. I mean, shit if you're gonna be given a gift that lets you into the fucking mind of others then you'd think it was limited to fucking people. And shit, it was when I was a person. When I was a wolf it was like shit was kinda different, like the animal side took over a part of your brain. Like, shit it wasn't as though the animals could talk to me or some stupid shit, but I could pick up traces of their instincts. Like the fear they emanated when the big bad wolf came along. Funny. A squirrel darted passed me and I growled, barking after it, feeling pretty damn amused at how it scampered all the fucking faster, the fear spiking. Whatever, little rodent was lucky I didn't eat it.

I walked on further, still surprised at how much easier moving was as a wolf. Like the injury had moved along with every other part of my damn anatomy. Not like I could run or anything, and I limped on my front left paw, but it still hurt less. I could actually move the limb somewhat, something I couldn't fucking do at all as a human. First time I'd ever found myself preferring being a goddamn wolf. Fucking crazy.

A scent came my way then, carried on the wind and making me tense up for a second, like a natural reaction. But then I relaxed, something that even fucking surprised me. Before I'd made a conscious decision, I was turning and heading in the direction the scent had come from. Fuck it, I was bored anyway and I could already tell I was heading in the direction of the hot springs. There was another scent now, one that had taken longer to become noticeable. A female one. Interesting, but now I was kinda feeling like heading that way wasn't such a great idea. What if they were... ugh, no just thinking it made feel nauseous. Literally the worst thing I could ever imagine catching anyone doing.

But when I did finally come within visual distance I could see, well, nothing. Nothing out of the ordinary. Onyx looked pissed, so yeah, the fucking usual. There was some blonde chick who looked kinda familiar also looking pissed off. I rolled my eyes, wondering if there was some kind of dramatic shit going on. I padded forward, within in range of using my telepathy. I had to concentrate to draw it in so that my thoughts wouldn't pass through, just anything verbal. Their thoughts on the other hand... well shit, couldn't help what I heard as a wolf now could I? I purposely snapped a branch before approaching closer, reaching the edge of the spring and lying down, resting my head on my paws. I turned towards Goldilocks, a wolfish grin on my face. "Only found it tonight? Shit, how long have you been living here? Or how short, however the fuck you say it." I looked at Onyx, realizing that he was probably fucking naked and feeling really damn weird about it, and glad that I'd cut off my thoughts from them. I scooted forward to a point where I could dip my nose in the water, seeing how hot it was. I sneezed then, shaking my head. "Fuck, I always forget how fucking sensitive these damn noses are." I lifted a paw, brushing it over my nose as if I could rub the feeling away. "Nice is an understatement, the fact that they're secluded and shit makes it fucking fantastic, but then that's usually because you get some privacy." I knew full well how that sounded considering I'd made the whole thing 'three's a crowd' and all that shit. But tension usually meant entertainment and it was really fucking nice of not be on the receiving end of it. I shook my head, the fur around my neck ruffling slightly before I laid my head back on my paws.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics