setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required - Page 7

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:45 am

My efforts were really split now. Trying to keep all three of connected, seeing where they were so I could look in case they did need to see what was going on around them. On top of that I was trying to watch out for my own fucking neck. There were two leeches not currently involved in the fight. One was looking at the others fighting, hesitating like he didn't know whether he should jump the fuck in or not. The other was staring at me, one eyebrow arched with an expression that made me way more fucking defensive than it should've. Like he knew how much I was trying to do, how many distractions I had. Fuck it. I snarled, making a false lunge for him that had him diving to one side with his guard let down. I pounced after him for real then, crashing down on top of him with my jaws clamped around his shoulder. I'd almost managed the pull the arm off completely when I felt an arm wrap around my neck, pulling me back. The other fanger, the one who been watching the fights. Just my fucking luck that this would be the one he decided to step in on.

His grip tensed and then released and I flew away from him, thrown against a tree with enough forced that I felt a rib crack. The pain didn't hit though, and thank fuck for that or my concentration would've been blown. My vision blurred but I shook my head, turning my attention back to the two, one helping the other up. There was no fucking time to waste, not with his arm already healing. I shot forward again, knocking into both of them but skidding to a stop and going for the first vamp again, ripping his arm away with as much ferocity as I could manage. The stench of his blood filled my nose but I ignored it, turning and flinging the severed limb at the face of his friend. Throwing with your mouth wasn't the easiest thing so my aim was off slightly, but blood still spattered across his face and into his eyes, giving me enough of a distraction. I turned back to my original leech just in time to duck the swipe he was aiming at me. I didn't have time to work at his second arm so I went for his neck. He struggled, clawing and pushing until our blood was both running freely and I had to settle for ripping away his lower jaw to give myself a better chance at his neck. I forced back revulsion at the way his tongue flapped and just tore into him, claws digging hard into his remaining arm so he couldn't take any cheap shots.

Then he was still and I stepped back, a faint prickling the only warning I had before I felt something land heavily against my back, a hand raking across my face as my half my vision just vanished with a sickening squelching and popping noise. I howled, rolling over and barely managing to shake him off. I bounded backwards, shaking my head and resisting the urge to trying and paw at my face. My fucking eye. Holy shit. Fuck knew how long it'd take that to heal back. Days at least. My injured shoulder throbbed and I could feel my supply of adrenaline running lower. This fight would've been dangerous without already having been fucked up once in the last week. I backed up to where my link helped me sense one of the others, not even sure who I was heading towards. How many were left now?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:33 pm

My vision faded in and out, and I quickly turned my head back to see the remains of my kill. A pool of blood made it's way through the soil at an accelerated speed once it hit a slope. I couldn't determine how much of that blood was my own, and how much of it was his. My breathing was heavy, muscles ached, and the fast movement in front of me combined with what was left of the lingering smoke had me feeling dazed and confused. Or maybe that was caused by my loss of blood. I couldn't be sure. I tried to feel the connection made with Oveyx' gift but all I couldn't pin point anything, were they both okay?

I rushed forward causing my legs to wobble when I stopped. Well fuck, if I couldn't make any fast movements what good would I be? It was in that moment when I locked eyes with Olympia, and then switched my focus to Oveyx. I could only see one fanger left and judging by the corpses he was the last one. Then I sensed her pain, I didn't know if that was because of her connection or because of the sound that accompanied it causing my heart to sink into my stomach in disgust and worry. I ignored what my body was trying to tell me and rushed forward, clamping my teeth on the only thing they could reach, the end of the fangers jacket and pulled so hard he fell to his back. I continued pulling as he struggled to get to his feet and flung him with as much force as I possibly could conjure. I felt warm liquid escape through my wounds like I was a punctured capri sun package, and my vision started to fade out again.

I perked up when I heard feet hitting the ground, the sound of each thud becoming less and less audible, but more and more close together. Then the sound stopped when he managed to find his fanger speed and disappeared into the forest. Three down, and one retreat. Fuck at this point I didn't give a shit, I was happy for it to be over. I turned to look back at the two of them, and involuntarily shifted back into my human form. I guess I was more exhausted than I thought. My knees buckled and I fell to them with my arm over my wounds. I didn't get up, I just went with it, I was happy to be the fuck off of my feet. What's the damage? I asked quietly, unable to find the strength to project it any louder. I didn't give a fuck about their wounds unless they were serious, in fact, if everyone was gonna heal just fine then all I cared about was that drink that was mentioned earlier.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:40 pm

After I finished off skinnygirl I surveyed the fight. I had already known that Onyx took down the leader, but not that Peyton had managed to take down one of the others. My attention snapped to Onyx when he almost collapsed trying to move. I knew he had retained some injuries - the smell of his blood was thick in the air, almost as strong as the scent of the vampires' blood.

We locked eyes and I almost felt just a tiny bit concerned, but not as concerned as I felt about Peyton. Through the connection I could tell she was messed up. Through the clearing smoke I could see her face and it did not look good. Her eye was coated in blood to the point where I couldn't tell how badly it was injured. Taking on two leeches at once had taken its toll.

Onyx seemed to get over his almost collapse and flung the last vamp against a tree, but that was it before he looked like he might pass out. I could tell I had gotten of the easiest fighting the weakest one-on-one, and even I was nursing some injuries that would take some time to heal. My ear hurt like a bitch, but I could survive missing the tip of my ear. My back and shoulder were bruising, but that would heal quickly enough. My biggest problem was a gash in my side, deep enough that it wouldn't heal right away and would make it hard to get around for a while. At least I would be able to hide it from Landon and anyone else who would start asking questions if they saw it.

I looked at the others, but they were both too soaked in blood for me to really know if they had anything life-threatening. When Onyx shifted I followed suit. The fight was over and it would be easier to communicate in this form. I gingerly felt my ear and side, both were still bleeding, but not really worth mentioning. I turned my attention to Peyton, walking toward her and trying to figure out if there was any way I could help and if her injuries were serious enough that we needed to get help. You okay?

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Holy fucking hell, I could not believe that goddamn parasite had gone for my eye. My fucking eye! I was barely aware of what was going on around me anymore, the disorientation of only having one freaking eye was pretty fucking strong. The link that I was still holding up was the only way I knew that Onyx had managed to chase off the last leech. I let myself fall to the ground after waiting long enough to be sure that he wasn't coming back and then just let myself collapse, exhaustion threatening to rush over me. At least this was a fight in the last couple of weeks I had won.

Onyx shifted back, Limpy following suit soon after. I let out a relieved breath and dropped the connection, headache crashing down soon after like it always did when I overused my gift. It hadn't even been the gift itself but the mental strain of keeping it secure with so many fucking distractions. I groaned at Onyx's question as I felt myself shift back, still lying on my side, facing away from them. Fucking eyepatches, that's the damage. I was going to need one, fake some kinda semi-serious injury to tell the various bars and nightclubs I worked security for. Not like I could say 'Yeah my eye's gone, but it'll grow back so no fucking problem' or whatever. I was just gonna have to count on an eyepatch looking more intimidating than like a disadvantage.

My head whipped round at Olympia's question, noting that she was coming closer. I almost grinned knowing how fucked up I must look. A jagged gash where I'd once had an eye couldn't be easy on the eyes. Was it fucked up how much that amused me? Probably. I'll be fine. Maybe doing an Elle Driver impression for the next while won't be as shit as it sounds. I shrugged and looked at Onyx then, frowning as I looked at the way he was slumped and remembering how quietly he'd spoken. I got up and went to check his wound, kneeling in front of him and pulling his arm away, a involuntary hiss leaving me. Shit, how much blood have you lost? Fucking idiot needed a medic and didn't even say anything. I turned to Limpy again. He needs to get to the den, how close is your car? And you- I looked back, glaring at him with my one freaking eye. -need help getting there. I stood and held out my hand so I could pull him to his feet. Fresh surges of adrenaline were giving me enough of a second wind that I'd at least be able to help haul his ass along.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 am

She's fine! My voice suddenly found the power to project. My tone was irritated, like I was feeling defensive. When I finally saw her face I swear to god it was like something out of a fucking horror movie. Yet I didn't react, she could handle herself for fucks sake. We all could. And from the way we were still breathing and talking it proved that we were fine. We were fine. I looked at the two of them again, my focus finally landing on Oveyx' face and I didn't want to but I smiled anyway. I even laughed before it turned into gargly coughs. You look fucked. I started to laugh again, partially at the the appearance of her, and partially at the idea of a fucking eye patch

I managed to stop laughing, which was good considering I felt like I was gonna fucking pass out. What's your damage? I asked, looking at Olympia. Shit compared to Oveyx and myself she was pretty fucking clean. What'd she do? Sit off to the side and paint her nails while everything was happening? For a moment the idea of it pissed me off, maybe I was just irritated that she got away with just minor injuries while the rest of us looked jacked. Some might say it damaged my ego, I wouldn't fucking say it did because it sure as fuck didn't. But... Some might say that.

However, when Oveyx started nearing, and said what she said, Olympia quickly became a fucking saint in comparison. What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm fucking fine, and don't fucking talk about me like I'm not fucking here. I glared and smacked her hand away. It's just fucking blood, I'm not a fucking leech, I don't need it like they do. It sounded less fucking stupid in my head, but once I voiced it I realized how ridiculous it really was, which only pissed me off more.

I pulled myself to my feet and stumbled back into a tree, feeling even more pissed when I realized I needed it's support to hold myself up. You need to get to the fucking den Nick Fury. I wheezed, and my vision faded in and out again. Fuck this shit... I mumbled before finally putting my arm around her shoulders to use as support. I'm only going to that fucking car for the booze, don't think otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics