setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required - Page 6

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:00 am

OOC Message
Feel free to play with the NPC's, make them do whatever, they're no one specific just randoms so I don't mind! Oh and I'll be using the typical dialogue code for communication just to clear things up, it's easier for me that way. :)

Exiting the cover of the caves would have normally felt almost exciting in this form. All of the scents of nature, sounds, and the freedom that the darkness of night brought with it was an exhilarating thing. But this time it felt different to me. It felt like I was entering a lions den. The overwhelming feeling of dread, anticipation, and adrenaline was a very fucking weird cocktail of sensations. I liked a good fight in this form, fuck yeah I did, but I also knew for me it came with a fuck load of consequences. Like my inability to detect an injury until the excitement was long gone, fuck, they could rip a goddamned limb off of me and I wouldn't know it until I saw it. That immunity to pain didn't always happen, but when it did I knew just how fucking dangerous it could be.

My eyes scanned the trees for movement or any unnatural colors, and my ears listened for any movement or breathing. Everything had fallen silent. I guess dead silence was an easy thing to fucking accomplish when you didn't have a heartbeat. I didn't like not being able to sense where they were, it was like walking into a fight in a pitch black room, but your opponent could see in the dark.

It was then when one of them appeared in front of us. Just one? The others are around here somewhere, be on your guard. He looked dead, which was an alarming observation considering the reputation of a nest. Then again maybe he and his buddies had just come out of one of those fucking century old naps. His cheek bones were so defined you'd think he was putting effort into sucking his cheeks in. The dark circles under his eyes made the icy blue color of his iris' appear almost white in contrast. His face was long, and thin hair ran past his shoulders. Fuck, from his appearance I almost expected dust to come out of his mouth when he opened it.

''Two appetizers and a leader for my main course. And you even took the liberty of boiling yourselves in that hot sludge for me, how kind. I do have a thing for exceptionally warm blood.'' Was he trying to bait us? He was weak, that was obvious, but his lack of sustenance also made him unpredictable. I only hoped it made him stupid too. I snarled in his direction, but a blur of speed rushed in front of me and caused me to take a step back. There was now one to our left, to our right, and one behind us. Their hissing and snarly breath was a clear sign that they were hungry, and the only thing keeping the from doing anything about it was their leader. All he needed to do was give the go ahead and we'd have no time for any kind of game plan.

I could hear the other fangers talking but it was muted by my attention on the first one that I had appeared. He was reaching into his pocket for something. It was... A ball? A baseball. He waved it around with a fanged grin as if he was taunting a dog with a game of catch. I snarled again in his direction and took a few slow steps forward. ''Sit, play dead.'' He said with a laugh as he rolled the ball towards me. I knew something wasn't right, and I was absolutely certain of it when the ball hit my front feet, and I noticed a red light on it's surface. I high pitched beep came from the ball and smoke started to escape it, clouding our vision. I couldn't even see Olympia or Oveyx. Fuck I can't see! It was all I could say before a piercing feeling radiated from my side. Shit, one of them had their fucking teeth in me...

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:11 pm

I took off after Onyx, following him to the entrance of the caves and feeling the hard ground beneath the pads of my paws. I'll be honest, I've been a wolf for almost 4 years now and I've never stopped marveling at my wolf form. Being fully wolf and fully human feels so crazy sometimes - as a wolf I can do things and sense things I'd never sense as a human. Even the way my lupine muscles work is strange. And as a human I can feel its effects too, my senses - even my primal urges - are stronger than they were before. My body is stronger than it was, even when I was at the peak of my training. If it weren't for the scars, you wouldn't believe that I ever had an injury.

I didn't have much time to think about these things, because didn't take long for us to reach the mouth of the cave and to step out into the night. My ears were pricked for any sounds but vamps are slick fuckers and hard to sense. The first appeared, and he looked gaunt. His hunger was both a weakness and a threat.

Now Peyton's gift, that shit was useful. She was able to make it so that we could all communicate with telepathy or ESP or shit. Although, I was beginning like some lame character from some supernatural or sci-fi movie shit or something - maybe if I were about 10 years younger and had some stupid crush on Big V (my new favorite thing to call Onyx when he can't hear me - or when he can, it doesn't really matter.)

After an almost laughably bad monologue from the main vamp (I like to call him Skinnylicious) three more appeared, and they looked just as hungry. We were outnumbered by a bunch of hungry rotting corpses. Adrenaline was pumping through me and I bared my fangs at my foes. Part of me, that primal instinct-driven part wanted to attack to sink my fangs and claws into their disgusting flesh until I had destroyed them, but reason said that I couldn't take them on. Certainly not alone, and even with Onyx and Peyton blindly rushing into battle alone wasn't a good idea. In my human form I was logical and reason driven, and that side of me was almost battling with my fight or flight instinct. I needed to focus... on my gift.

Yes, my gift! It had worked on the vamp at the pub - well enough that I was able to get a kick in, even as a human. There were more now, but I could still try. It would be taxing, but if it could help at all it would be worth it. I didn't exactly have a lot of time or even the option of just sitting there and sending out waves of emotion so I tensed, ready to move if needed. I started sending out waves of calming emotion directed towards the vamps surrounding us while also holding back from my packmates. I was sending feelings of calm and sleepiness. They didn't want to hurt us, they just wanted to sleep. Or at least that was the effect I was trying to get. It was hard to do while holding back from Onyx and Peyton and also staying on the alert of any attacks.

That was when Skinnylicious rolled something towards us. It landed at Onyx's feet, and at first I was confused. Was he trying to taunt us with a ball? Was he trying to call us dogs to insult us or taunt us or something? If he was trying to play the evil villain then he should probably know that he was doing a sucky job. Like,  geez dude, read some comics and pick up some pointers or something. You're embarrassing yourself.

I was not expecting the smoke to come pouring out of the ball, but when it did it obscured my vision. I kept using my gift and praying to the gods or the universe or fate or whatever the fuck was listening that it would work. A vamp blindsided me (well, any side would've been my blind side since I couldn't see) and I momentarily lost my concentration. I turned to snap at it and came up empty-jawed. God fucking dammit, I tried to use my gift again while also trying to figure out where the vamp I had been fighting went. They were all a bunch of slimy motherfuckers and angry wolf was coming out to play.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:59 am

When the other two set off I held back for a second. Not because I was fucking scared or something stupid like that. Sure there was every reason to be on my guard but there was something I needed to be sure of before I could fight. My injury was less noticeable in wolf form, but I couldn't risk in playing up as soon as I took a hit. I gritted my teeth and slammed my shoulder into the nearest tree, a huge spike of adrenaline surging this time to cover the pain of doing it. It was more than fucking enough and the fight itself would keep it going. I bounded after the other two, catching up quickly and dropping into a crouch, every muscle coiled tight with tension, senses on high alert.

Ten years of training meant that my gift was useless for more that just fucking passing mental notes back and forth. I expanded it out, trying to feel for the minds of the leeches. I felt the one that appeared in front of us, cursing myself for not sensing him sooner. Fuck it, I needed to focus.

I tried harder, straining outwards and finally touching off the others, wanting to recoil from the fucking awful feelings of their minds. If their stench was bad then it had fucking nothing on how foul their thoughts felt. Three more, at least. Fuck, I can't push out further. Not when I was keeping the link up between the three of us at the same damn time. The more I split my focus the harder it got to use my gift, and using it on a vamp was already hard enough. My head twinged but I didn't pull back, wanting to keep an eye on their murky thoughts. I could see how the viewed us, their longing to devour made me fucking ill and furious at the same time. I let the others focus on the vamp in front of us and scanned out surroundings, looking for the others.

I didn't have to wait long either, forms darting out to surround us as Onyx snarled. I bared my own teeth, sounds ripping from my chest until I managed to quiet them. My focus switch back to the main vamp as he pulled out a ball, immediately suspicious. There was no fucking way that was just a taunt. I pulled away from the minds of the other vamps to throw my focus at him, trying to use the few seconds I had to get some sort of fucking idea- shit. I found what I was looking for without any time to spare, without a fucking second to pass it through the connection with the others. I tried to move away from the ball, ducking my head but it was too late. The stuff obscured my vision but... not totally. I could make out blurred shapes around me, my second of warning stopping me from getting totally fucked.

The connection let me know that the others hadn't been as lucky and I felt a flash of anger at myself for not finding out sooner and just fucking warning them. Fuck it, I can. Focus on me, use my eyes. Blurred as fuck was better than nothing. The connection carried along the pain Onyx felt and I could make out the fucking corpse on him. A ripple of air had me ducking an attack for one of the other and then I lurched forward, jaw clamping around the neck of the vamp on him and shaking him as violently as I could until I just about managed to pull him off. Thank fuck they weren't at full strength. The leech howled, twisting in my grip and striking out, hitting my hard enough on the side of my head that I released him and had to jump back out of his reach. I backed up closer to the other, looking around to try and give them as much of our surroundings as we could. The vamps had back up a little, re-evaluating or just fucking toying with us, I had no idea.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 am

OOC Message
Somewhat rushed ahead a bit and killed the vamper that pulled out the ball thingy. I hope y'all don't mind.

Where the fuck did the technology come from? It was fucking smart as much as it pained me to admit it. They were clearly weak, and using tools to their advantage to avoid being slaughtered. I guess they didn't count on Oveyx' and Olympia's abilities however, or maybe they did and that was exactly why they did what they did. It didn't matter, I didn't have time to sit and evaluate the fucking situation, I was too busy being turned into fanger steak. This particular leech was smart enough to get me in a location that was a lot fucking harder to reach. Fuckin' kill 'em. They didn't need my order to defend themselves, but I gave it anyway.

I didn't know how it happened but I was free from one, just as the one that pulled out the ball appeared an inch in front of my face. I lunged towards him but in a blur of speed he dodged my attack and I landed on the ground. My feet slid on the ground, and I managed to stop myself before I hit a nearby tree. He did it again, appearing in front of my face and moving as I tried to attack. He was trying to exhaust me. I caught onto that fairly fucking quick and the next time he did it, instead of lunging out in front of myself I took a chance and lunged to the left, managing to catch him and pin him to the ground. A hollow and piercing feeling, all at once started to radiate from my stomach, and it felt like it was slowly moving inside towards my chest. I didn't know what was causing it, I didn't care, I opened my jaws and clamped them down on his throat, violently tearing his flesh as fast as I possibly could to avoid his accelerated healing. So fast that his head was eventually detached from his body, and at that moment the feeling in my gut went away at the same time hisses and cries from the other vampires echoed behind me at the loss of one of their own. I howled in pain as I moved off of him, noticing the ends of his fingers covered in blood as they fell to his side. I then realized that he was fucking trying to rip me apart as I was ripping him apart.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:26 pm

I obviously needed to change gears. As a human I relied primarily on sight since it was my strongest sense, but as a wolf I had other options as well. I focused on smelling and hearing since my other senses wouldn't be much of a help. I located the vamper that had attacked me and lunged toward her A look through Peyton's eyes told me that she was even skinner than Skinnylicious. (I guess I was a little quick with that nickname.) She was probably weaker than him which was good for me, I guess.

My mind was scattered between using my own senses and trying to look through Peyton's eyes and influencing the vamps' emotions and wandering what was going on with the others that I moved too slowly to really get the jump on skinnygirl. She blocked my attack and countered with her own, though she didn't manage to inflict much damage. The combination of her hunger and my gift was making her more sluggish than I was.

You don't have to tell me twice I shot back at Onyx as I grappled briefly with my vamp. One wrong move from her and I managed to take her hand clean off with a powerful snap of my jaws. The metallic taste of her blood in my mouth emboldened me and I faked before tackling her full out. Her reflexes were slow enough that the move worked and I ended up on top of her. We rolled a few times as I tried to get into the position to make a kill.

It occurred to me that this would be the first kill I would make since coming to Index. I'd killed some in Jackson Hole, although it wasn't really an epicenter of supernatural activity like Index seemed to be, but none since I'd arrived.

The link and my increased hearing told me that Onyx had finished off the leader. I could smell Onyx's blood mingling with the vamp's. He was injured, but I couldn't worry about it too much. I needed to focus on making my own kill, and he would heal faster than the rest of us commoners anyway.

Skinnygirl slammed her head against a tree and the injury left her dazed and vulnerable. He head rolled backward slightly and left her neck momentarily unprotected and I took the opportunity and clamped down on it. Her cold blood spilled into my mouth and the full scent of her nasty-ass hungry vamp stench filled my nose, but all it did was infuriate me. My wolf side despised her and wanted to destroy her. That rage pushed me to to tear at her neck, and to keep tearing until it had been severed completely and my muzzle was coated with her blood. I hadn't gotten of scot-free and I could already feel my shoulder bruising and my ear was partially torn and hurting, maybe bad enough that it wouldn't heal completely.

But I didn't have time to sit around and assess my injuries. In the rush of the kill I had almost forgotten about the others, both friend and foe. I wasn't pumping happy feelings into the other vampires anymore. I worked to reform the connection and to help the others take down the remaining fangers.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics