setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required - Page 4

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 am

Yeah, I did laugh... but not denying it? Sure maybe before but now, awkward shit aside, I had to admit that my opinion about him had changed. Like, not in a drastic fucking way or anything. I didn't think he secretly had a heart of gold or some stupid gay shit like that. It was fucking weird and I felt weird even thinking about it. Still, I figured I should give the female some kinda reply. I gave a shrug and spoke only to her mind again. "Eh, he's not all bad. Has his moments - but yeah, not exactly denying it." Ugh, saying anything other than how much of an ass he could be felt weird, but I meant it anyway. I glanced at him, feeling all sorts of annoyed at how confused I fucking felt around him when he wasn't being a total dick.

This chick though, she actually seemed okay. Not like most of the annoying females in the pack that only cared about getting fucked and being drunk. Yeah, so maybe not every fucking female was like that, I just hadn't seen many that contradicted the stereotype I had. Her thoughts hadn't been centered around those things anyway, not like so many other wolves I'd been in the minds of. Which was something I actually avoided unless I really couldn't fucking help it. 

Arden? I dunno, like the 'O'-name stuff is stupid but fuck, I guess Olympia isn't the worst one I've heard. I shrugged again and turned slightly toward Onyx when he started speaking. There was no way that was true, was there? I turned to face him fully, frowning. Is that all he said or was there anything else to it? I held my tongue and didn't outright say he was full of shit in front of another wolf. No matter what I had on him I wasn't gonna push it. Like, fuck, I dunno some clues in the mythology or... anything?

Two cities and a mountain, right, because that totally explained why you'd be cool with a name like that. I scratched the side of my neck, thinking about what she'd said first. About Greeks using it to explain shit, and I laughed. Yeah, like those women getting knocked up while their husbands were away and shit? 'No honey, I swear I didn't betray you, it was Zeus disguised as a swan.' Like, what the fuck? A swan or a bull - they were all fucking high. Not to mention totally fucked up in the head. Probably something to do with the fact they hadn't copped that incest was so not the fucking way to go.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:57 pm

I don't remember... Fuck, I couldn't remember my own age let alone something Odin had told me years ago. He said a lot of shit, a lot of it I wasn't sure I believed. Who knows if it's fucking true or not, but I mean... Before you were turned would you believe what you are now was real? I sure as fuck didn't, so anything is possible or... whatever that saying is... Ironically, even after I had been turned, discovering that blood suckers and everything else was actually real took some time to digest. I came close to even considering Santa Claus and the fucking Easter Bunny too.

I let out a short laugh, even though I had no fucking clue what she was talking about. Fuck where was the alcohol when you needed it? You guys believe it? Maybe I was gullible, it sounded reasonable though. Then again my knowledge on our history and ancestry was really fucking limited. It was like being reborn and being forced to relearn an entirely new set of history, it took some fucking time.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:07 pm

I shrugged in response to Peyton's comment about Olympia. I had to admit I grudgingly liked the name. It was kind of a painful reminder of my history but it also felt triumphant, like look at what I've overcome. And it's not like anyone in Index or the pack really knew my history. The only person in all of Index who knew about that was Landon and he didn't even know I had a wolf name.

I've always found names kind of fascinating. When I was in high school my world history class did a unit on ancient Egypt. I've always found history kind of boring and shit, but I thought that the importance Egyptians placed on names was interesting. They considered them to be a part of a person's soul and identity, and they took great measures to protect them. Egyptians even had secret naming ceremonies so that others wouldn't learn your true name and use it against you. In some ways my wolf name was like that. Obviously no one could really use it against me or destroy it or anything, but it connected me to my pack mates and in some ways was a manifestation of myself. (and damn, hot springs make me really deep)

I hadn't even thought the Greek gods were real so I was kind of surprised that Onyx not only believed they were real but that they were wolves. He rambled on about wolves or shit and finally trailed off. Really charismatic, oh great pack master I thought with a mental eye roll. I kind of got the feeling he wasn't in his element. I laughed at what Peyton said about the Greeks trying to blame pregnancies and shit on the gods. Some of the shit in their mythology really did make it sound like they were messed up in the head.

Eh. I didn't really believe they were real in the first place... I said in response to Onyx's question. Can't say that I know a lot about wolves in history or anything though. Maybe it was one of those things where there were wolves that were like the Olympians and people noticed their power and started telling stories and eventually those stories morphed into myths and the Greeks started worshiping them. It wasn't entirely implausible.

Thinking about wolf history made me think about the journal again. If Onyx wanted it back tonight then I would have to go home and get it and meet him back at the den or something. That meant lying to and possibly arguing with Landon about where I was going so late and why. I could probably tell him that I had to head to the bar except that I had already used that excuse and told him that I didn't have to work tonight. He was beginning to think my bosses were slave drivers. Ozra didn't take my shit but he was a pretty good boss. Couldn't I just arrange to mail the journal or something?

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Fuck, I'd half braced myself for some stupid fucking rant about women's rights and overbearing husbands after my joke about cheating Greek ladies, but Limpy surprised me again by actually laughing. Surprising because ninety fucking percent of women seemed to have some retarded feminism shit going on these days. The whole thing was stupid and who the fuck actually cared. Man or woman, chances were I didn't give a shit about your opinion. How's that for equality?

My brow pulled down in a frown as I thought about Onyx words and the whole 'would you have believed' thing. No, obviously I wouldn't have fucking believed in that since I hadn't been a crazy shit before I turned. Then I was bitten and it turned out maybe the crazy shits had the right idea. No, guess not. If you'd come up to me a few months before I was turned and told me what was about to happen I'd have laughed in your face and not even fucking think about it again 'til it actually happened. Nobody sane would believe in fucking horror stories come to life. Still don't believe half the shit I've since then either. My thought turned to Onyx and all the crazy I'd witnessed around him. The cliffs, the night at his house. This whole wolf thing started out fucked up and just got progressively worse.

Did I believe that the 'Gods' could've been wolves? I mean, thinking about it who the hell was I to say they couldn't have been. I raised a brow at her answer which wasn't exactly insightful but at least she was honest about not knowing crap. I shrugged, glancing at him. I don't know what to believe when it comes to all this. Fuck, maybe they were and their 'affinities' like lighting and shit were really just their gifts. Not like there's a way of knowing anyway. 

Shit, I probably made it sound like I'd grown up with no beliefs. Not that I cared how it sounded but it wasn't like I was going to actually tell them about the things I did believe in. Plus this conversation was already lacking points on entertainment factors with making it a fucking discussion on theology or some shit.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 pm

A part of me wanted to get all fucking philosophical, I couldn't help it. The night and the topic was provoking it. But at the same time this wasn't the right company for it, and there wasn't enough alcohol to make me feel confident enough to even fucking think it, let alone say it out loud. So instead of letting my mind go there, I let it go somewhere else. Anywhere else. I tried to let it go somewhere else so fast I nearly gave myself whiplash. Shit, I knew better than to assume she would go digging around my head without me knowing it, but at the same time I didn't know how the fuck her shit worked exactly. What if the connection was still there, misfiring my thoughts in her direction without her control? Fuck that shit.

I had somehow landed on something, something I couldn't get past. I mean really most of the work was done for them, now all they needed to do was makeout and I'd be in fucking heaven. Two insanely hot chicks, wet, partially and fully nude, making out for one audience member? Fuck yes. It's not always a whore story. Fuck, damnit shit. Horror... Horror story... It had it's moments, yeah right now life was a fucking horror story but it had it's perks. Being able to sense a copper a mile away was a perk. Knowing the weather in advance was a perk... Maybe it was just horror story with a lot of little pointless fucking perks. Perks... My eyes slowly traveled down to their chests, speaking of perks... Not that I could even fucking see anything. Fucking bullshit.

There's a book. - There's a lot of fucking history actually, it's just scattered, and with the old timers being picked off by fangers it's hard to get their knowledge of shit on paper. There was also the journal, but I wasn't about to give anyone any spark of curiosity when it came to that. That was my business.

I don't suppose anyone has any booze? Smokes?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics